Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large (8236 Views)

Kebbi Is The Most Peaceful State In The History Of Nigeria – Gov. Okorocha / Which Ethnic Do You Love Among The Ethnics Group Of Nigeria? / Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by nikkiking(m): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
shizzy7:
We don't have stamina to fight and we value our lives..... Period.
it isn't stamina my dear.

Yorubas naturally are the most peaceful tribe among the 3 ethnic groups.

They are smart, like to enjoy life to the fullest. They love each other so much.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by allytinted: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
You bad boys shun.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
Hihi. Proudly Yoruba#

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by shizzy7(f): 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
nikkiking:
it isn't stamina my dear.

Yorubas naturally are the most peaceful tribe among the 3 ethnic groups.

They are smart, like to enjoy life to the fullest. They love each other so much.

Loool, I agree with that enjoy life to the fullest. We don't segregate amongst ourselves. We tend to sacrifice some things just for peace to reign but we don't know how to fight oooo, I've watched people from different tribes fight physically all we do is shout and call names.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by KUNZEH(m): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
Because Yorubas are coward...they can fear like mad

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Yanks101: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
Peace is a concept that gives evidence to low crimes rates, stability and decent governance e.t.c.
That is how the rest of the world measure peace. And the SW as we know has one of the highest crimes rates in the country rivalling the north-east, so i don't know what peace you guys are talking about.
Or maybe, the Nigerian definition of peace is docility, care-free attitude to life and owambeism. Then yes, maybe the SW is the most ''peaceful''.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by hummerwise(m): 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2015
reping too,, grin
full blooded

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by iamrealdeji(m): 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
Because we're the most educated,enlightened,social,trend setters,Yoruba to Hausa and Igbo is what America is to Nigeria and Liberia. Yorubas are the greatest people in Nigeria,we're so diplomatic,wise,Yorubas are accommodating and our culture teaches us respect,our culture is rich, bawo lawon Igbo ati Hausa o shey ni like wa? Even awon Igbo n maan claim Yoruba these days,mo ni ore pupo to je Igbo but won wish kawon je yoruba,won gbo yoruba ju anything lo. Yoruba mo pe a o need gbo gbo violence yen ka to le gain respect,awa yoruba stand still,yet a tun gain respect,more like statue of Liberty,stands still but everybody respect it. Asides Yoruba in Nigeria,i love Igbos,Igbos are very straight forward,peaceful and enlightened

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by ki02020(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
sweetguy26:
Because they are the tribe that benefits the most from this illegal arrangement called Nigeria.

Hope you know the SS. SE and the NORTHERN nigeria get more federal allocation than the SW....so now tell me who benefit more

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by SonOfEl(m): 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
Cowardice + intellectual sabi sabi + two face = Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by annayawchee: 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
because they are weak, ready to bow to oppression. Won yan ole
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by NOBODYY: 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

The reason why I do write his name (SegunAdewole) is for him to be notify.

SegunAdewole, come and defend yourself o! grin grin grin grin
Babalolakemi too grin grin
igbos hiding under yoruba monickers
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by NOBODYY: 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
KUNZEH:
Because Yorubas are coward...they can fear like mad

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Wordsweaver: 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
Lol. When a people kiss their own behinds, we know the lizard and the tree analogy, carry on grin
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
NOBODYY:

Babalolakemi too grin grin
igbos hiding under yoruba monickers

Omolami, ArodeTsoleye grin grin grin shocked
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by scully95: 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
It is simply because they fought too many wars in the past even with each other and are the most united in Nigeria. They understand the issues very well, they have been there, done that and very difficult to be manipulated in Nigeria.

* Because they are very tolerant and the most civilized in Nigeria. They still practice their own religion while they tolerate every other religions. There is religious tolerance to a maximum level in the SW.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by NOBODYY: 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Omolami, ArodeTsoleye grin grin grin shocked
Chaiii Yeeboes thier Oju-iku ike-eba 1 will not be proud of them in heaven grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by pazienza(m): 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
Pheals:
undecided it's because we are well educated, (that is y the best universities are in the west) respective (no other tribe we knee down or prostrate, na papa I dey greet U o)we don't protest so accommodating...(that is what Lagos is today) we settle disputes

Don't quote if U are high to blast or.... we are free to post but U are welcome
https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics
: https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

Enough of this education propaganda from the Yorubas, this is the ICT age for crying out loud, you don't think you can get away from such lies.

Stats has it that SW is the most educationally backward region in the South.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by omoelesa(m): 9:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
Yanks101:
Peace is a concept that gives evidence to low crimes rates, stability and decent governance e.t.c.
That is how the rest of the world measure peace. And the SW as we know has one of the highest crimes rates in the country rivalling the north-east, so i don't know what peace you guys are talking about.
Or maybe, the Nigerian definition of peace is docility, care-free attitude to life and owambeism. Then yes, maybe the SW is the most ''peaceful''.
Who commit most of the crime in sw expecially in lagos, are they not the ibos?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by pazienza(m): 9:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
At OP, it depends on what you mean by Peace, Yorubaland has the highest rate of crime in Nigeria, the stats are out there, so if your definition of Yorubas being peaceful is their support for one Nigeria and demand for Biafrans blood be spilled for our attempt at establishing Biafra, then I might agree with you that Yorubas are " peaceful in that context.

Yorubas are comfortable with the current Nigerian arrangement, it is understandable why they are pro one Nigeria.

As for Ndiigbo, we know we can achieve more than we already have in Nigeria if we establish Biafra, and so will never rest until we get Biafra.

Ikechuku1254, please help me post the link for the stats for crime rates in all geo political zones of Nigeria. I have been searching for that thread of yours with no success.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by omoelesa(m): 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
pazienza:
At OP, it depends on what you mean by Peace, Yorubaland has the highest rate of crime in Nigeria, the stats are out there, so if your definition of Yorubas being peaceful is their support for one Nigeria and demand for Biafrans blood be spilled for our attempt at establishing Biafra, then I might agree with you that Yorubas are " peaceful in that context.

Yorubas are comfortable with the current Nigerian arrangement, it is understandable why they are pro one Nigeria.

As for Ndiigbo, we know we can achieve more than we already have in Nigeria if we establish Biafra, and so will never rest until we get Biafra.

Ikechuku1254, please help me post the link for the stats for crime rates in all geo political zones of Nigeria. I have been searching for that thread of yours with no success.
These crime u are talking about, hope u know majority of crime commited in lagos are by the ibos.i rarery see yorubas commiting crime in SE of Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Ayekotoo(m): 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
pazienza:

: https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

Enough of this education propaganda from the Yorubas, this is the ICT age for crying out loud, you don't think you can get away from such lies.

Ebonyi and Bayelsa are the most rated illiteracy states in southern Nigeria. Ask NUC and JAMB
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Ayekotoo(m): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
pazienza:

You should know that Igbos benefit more than any tribe in Nigeria.
For every crime committed in Southwest, there's probability that an Igbo involved. Same can't be said of Yorubas in Southeast

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by pazienza(m): 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ayekotoo:

Ebonyi and Bayelsa are the most rated illiteracy states in southern Nigeria. Ask NUC and JAMB

The rest of SE always make up for Ebonyi deficeits and ensures that collectively, SE stand head and shoulders above the SW in all aspects of Education in Nigeria.

Ebonyi is well covered by the rest of the Igbo nation, and even now, Ebonyi is coming up fast and furious.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Ayekotoo(m): 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
If NECO and WAEC should use state of residence as the parameter for rating states performance instead of the state of origin, all southwestern states would come top.

N.b Igbos enjoy the Yorubas free basic education and higher institutions

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by pazienza(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
omoelesa:
These crime u are talking about, hope u know majority of crime commited in lagos are by the ibos.i rarery see yorubas commiting crime in SE of Nigeria.

Lol! So all the crime in Lagos are now committed by Ndiigbo while all the success stories of Lagos belongs to Yorubas, even though they have failed to repeat this same Lagos success in any of their other states.

grin wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Ayekotoo(m): 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
pazienza:

The rest of SE always make up for Ebonyi deficeits and ensures that collectively, SE stand head and shoulders above the SW in all aspects of Education in Nigeria.

Ebonyi is well covered by the rest of the Igbo nation, and even now, Ebonyi is coming up fast and furious.
Console yourself well. Nothing and nobody makes up an Igbo state called Ebonyi with her stark illiterate indigenes

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Yanks101: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
omoelesa:
U commit most of the crime in sw expecially in lagos, are they not the ibos?
keep telling yourself that.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Ayekotoo(m): 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! So all the crime in Lagos are now committed by Ndiigbo while all the success stories of Lagos belongs to Yorubas, even though they have failed to repeat this same Lagos success in any of their other states.

grin wink
I can tell you most crimes committed in southwest especially Lagos and Ogun are carried out by Igbos with the help the indigenes.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Pheals(f): 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
pazienza:

Bro not kindergarten through... must U quote me undecided
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by omoelesa(m): 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
pazienza:

grin wink
We are talking about crime here,dont shift the goal post at the middle of the game or is lagos not part of SW?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kebbi Government Distributes Bicycles To An Orphanage (Photos) / Soyinka Laments Insecurity, Says Nigeria’s Sovereignty Taken Over By Armed Group / Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.