Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator (14789 Views)

EFCC To Arrest Ex INEC Chairman Over Oil Baron Bribe / A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate / Re: Tinubu Others, Kill Kogi Guber Candidate -Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by celebgists(m): 6:47am On Dec 04, 2015
A former coordinator of the Independent National Electoral Commission Institute, Frank Ozoh, has argued that James Faleke, the running mate to Kogi APC governorship candidate should be declared candidate of the APC by the electoral commission.

Mr. Ozoh told News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, on Thursday in Abuja that since the candidate, Abubakar Audu, died during the inconclusive election, his running mate should be declared the party’s candidate for the supplementary election.

He said in a telephone chat that failure to field Mr. Faleke as candidate necessitates fresh election.

“Otherwise, there should be a re-run election, so that all aggrieved persons will participate in the re-run; once there is the position of a running mate, then there is already a joint ticket.

“It is not possible for the votes of late Audu to be transferred to another person who did not contest in an election since our electoral system is not based on transferable vote system like we have in India.

“Once we are making a return, we say this candidate, having polled majority of the votes and having met the constitutional requirements; we don’t say this party.

“Therefore, the votes are for the candidates and not for the party,” he said.

Mr. Ozoh, however, said that the issue of inconclusive election first came up in 2010, and made the electoral institute to review the Manual for Election Officials while he was the coordinator of the institute.

“The then chairman of INEC, Prof. Maurice Iwu, used the procedure for the re-run of 2009 Ekiti election,’’ he said.

Mr. Ozoh therefore urged the commission to ensure that political stakeholders in Kogi adhere to due process during the supplementary election.

Ishilove,lalasticlala,Obinoscopy,seun,mynd44.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/194379-why-faleke-should-be-declared-kogi-guber-candidate-ex-inec-coordinator.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by martphreak(m): 6:52am On Dec 04, 2015
Am FTC......finally.....it seems almost impossible bt e dan happen afterall......hehehe..lafin in swahili...I dedicate dis to all my haters...kip hatin cos its makin me stronger..................................................................................................................................Hmmmmm......I don't wana speak on dis Kogi election saga animore....am still in shock over Abubakar's death...I shall comment only when he wakes up........

3 Likes

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by Young03(m): 6:53am On Dec 04, 2015
E mela gi 30

2 Likes

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by freshness2020: 6:53am On Dec 04, 2015
...and the drama continues.
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by jamace(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2015
GBAM! Supported!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by Gabaleve(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2015
You don collect money abi?
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by zubizareta(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2015
Tired of this news.. Let INEC declare anyone winner.. Not my business.. The Kogites seem to be confused ppl sef..

Meanwhile, visit this thread for sales and installation of wallpapers, 3D panels etc..

www.nairaland.com/2740519/meriekriss-intl-services-sales-installations

3 Likes

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by ShowYourCertificate: 7:46am On Dec 04, 2015
If you are sincere in your answer to the question below, you'll find the answers to the Kogi's Problem.

Let's assume that the Kogi Election was concluded that same day and the INEC Returning Officer declared Audu the winner. If INEC later discovered that Audu actually died before the declaration was made, what will be their final decision on the matter?

A. Will INEC call for fresh elections?
B. Will Faleke be given the Certificate of Return?
C. Will Yahaya Bello be given the Certificate of Return?
D. Will Wada be given the Certificate of Return?

I want sincere answers.

N.B: As far as the law is concerned, the Kogi election is still ongoing and will be concluded very soon (December 5th I suppose). Thus the what-if question I asked will be applicable to the Kogi scenario if the election is concluded tomorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:53am On Dec 04, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
If you are sincere in your answer to the question below, you'll find the answers to the Kogi's Problem.

Let's assume that the Kogi Election was concluded that same day and the INEC Returning Officer declared Audu the winner. If INEC later discovered that Audu actually died before the declaration was made, what will be their final decision on the matter?

A. Will INEC call for fresh elections?
B. Will Faleke be given the Certificate of Return?
C. Will Yahaya Bello be given the Certificate of Return?
D. Will Wada be given the Certificate of Return?

I want sincere answers.

N.B: As far as the law is concerned, the Kogi election is still ongoing and will be concluded very soon (December 5th I suppose). Thus the what-if question I asked will be applicable to the Kogi scenario if the election is concluded tomorrow.
A: No, INEC can't reverse itself after announcing result.

B: Yes, Faleke inherit the mandate at the demise of his principal.

C and D: Noooooooo

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by nairaman66(m): 7:55am On Dec 04, 2015
INEC is terribly out of their mind on some cases especially the delta state gubernatorial elections, but they are spot on in this case!

1 Like

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by sonofthunder: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2015
click like if you think faleke should be declared, click share if otherwise

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by olafum1(m): 7:56am On Dec 04, 2015
The moment we start doing the right thing regardless of odds, the same moment we start building a formidable nation..

Nothing less is expected that d running mate should be declared winner

Quote me anywhere if u think I'm wrong. Its time we start displaying common maturity, as it will lead us away from bigotry, ethnicity and religious brouhaha

3 Likes

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by adonbilivit: 7:57am On Dec 04, 2015
APC has decided, the masses would have the final say 2mao.
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by sonofthunder: 7:58am On Dec 04, 2015
olafum1:
H
holiday
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:58am On Dec 04, 2015
Maka y
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by TreasuredGlory: 7:59am On Dec 04, 2015
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by Afam4eva(m): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2015
What is happening in Kogi state APC is an aberration. How can votes be transfered from one individual to the other. Imagine I voted for an Audu/Faleke ticket because of their individualism. How can my vote now be transfered to someone I never supported.

13 Likes

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by dyn1800: 7:59am On Dec 04, 2015
You're a clown I swear.... Wake up when? Lol
martphreak:
Hmmmmm......I don't wana speak on dis Kogi election saga animore....am still in shock over Abubakar's death...I shall comment only when he wakes up........
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by yomalex(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2015
Okay
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by otabuko(m): 8:02am On Dec 04, 2015
APC DEY CRAZE RIGHT FROM TIME.... COMMON SENSE SHOULD DEMAND THAT FALEKE BE THE CANDIDATE...

2 Likes

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by Abayhormy(m): 8:03am On Dec 04, 2015
faleke all the way

1 Like

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 04, 2015
falekegrin.. .I no understand
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by henrixx(m): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2015
All these kasala sef.... Maybe at the ending wada will win
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:05am On Dec 04, 2015
The Returning Officer made a big mistake declaring the election inconclusive. I doubt he consulted with INEC Chairman and other principal officers of the electoral body before making that statement.
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by engrflames: 8:06am On Dec 04, 2015
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by livinbygrace: 8:06am On Dec 04, 2015
Apc bleeped up this time for fielding another candidate .It does not make any sense.

1 Like

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by southcent: 8:06am On Dec 04, 2015
wetin ex dey do for discussion making na?
Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by kalusky02(m): 8:08am On Dec 04, 2015
Well said but look at it from a different angle, and you will find out that Audu's name was not on the ballot paper but the logo of the APC.

1 Like

Re: Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator by MarshRiley(m): 8:08am On Dec 04, 2015
Abeg Kogi people should chill one side. The thing is they don't want a Christian to be Governor.
So they'll do anything to make sure it won't happen.
Anyway Buhari shud comeback and attend to the suffering of the masses

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Ngos Back Buhari As Obasanjo’s Coalition Lands / Labour Party Rejects Olusegun Mimiko Rejoining Party / New Police IG Adamu Speaks, Promises Change Of Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.