Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply (40963 Views)

Where Is Your President? CNN Asks Nigerians / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years / Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
Tequilah:

What skills exactly do you need, that are not in Nigeria at present? Do you know how many people have relocated back home from abroad in the past 5 years and have been disillusioned? Do you know how many Nigerians currently on our shores already have international exposure, yet they are overlooked in favour of mediocre people who belong to a particular group or clique??

Like I said before, list out these areas where you think we do not have skills and let us examine these areas critically. We are where we are today, because our govt persists in putting square pegs in round holes!! undecided

those who relocated are those who couldnt find their feet abroad again because they dont have rrelevant skill or cant develop themselves. Those ones will not be too useful for Nigeria
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by DICKtator: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
lurlah2014:
Nigerians with their Impatience attitude. Will not give the poor governor an opportunity to express himself before pouncing on him.

What he actually meant was for those in diaspora to come nd invest in their country to eradicate poverty and not for them to come and do house girl or boy like they do over there

#meaning resides in man and not in words

What is this one saying?

Is the government providing the necessary incentives to attract such Nigerians?

On what basis did he even utter such words? Has he seen the statistics?
Does he even know that most Nigerians in the diaspora (based on my personal research) have vested interests in Nigeria?

Does he even know that most Nigerians would be willing to invest home given the taxes they pay in foreign countries ? But they are disillusioned because unlike the foreign countries where they pay such taxes, in Nigeria they do not see the returns on the taxes paid through basic social amenities?

Typical Ondo girl. Na because na your kinsman de rule Lagos now,you just open your mouth anyone saying most Nigerians!!!
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by friends4ever(m): 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
dominique:
Come back to Nigeria and flood the very over-saturated Labour market? Oga governor abeg it's not by force to tweet.

No to him tweet, na him steward
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Pidggin(f): 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
grin grin If he wasn't a governor i don't think he will still be here
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by politricks: 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
toyetade:

Thank you for that. Who will have a good job abroad and come to roam the street in lagos
No mind them.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by keoni: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
Come do watin.when Una wan reduce minimum wage the 18k way Niger government dey pay worker na the Money I take dey buy fuel go work for one week abi Mr Governor dey high on oshogbo weed....
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
politricks:
Nigerians are used to getting angry unnecessarily on social media. What i think he means is that people should come and invest their skills and experience by setting up businesses and employing people thereby creating more jobs or who will have a job abroad and come to lagos looking for job?.

#myopinion

Invest what? After the Nigerian government used quota system to make a mess of many of them.

Ambode should be speaking against the useless quota system.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by itstpia8: 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
the fact is, he doesnt necessarily have to make the call before people say they want to go to Nigeria.

if foreigners are entering Nigeria at will, why is it a problem for average Nigerians to come home?

that makes absolutely no sense at all and is another black people issue.

Would you see northerners telling their people not to return home?
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by basilo101: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
Sagamite:
Many of the fuuktards on twitter and NL that condemned his statement are the EXACT reason he is asking for those abroad to come home.

There is such a dearth of talent and people that can do basic reasoning in Nigeria.

Many of these cretins cannot even read and comprehend what has been read, but yet are severely vocal. How can such cretins be able to contribute meaningfully to society. They ar more likely to destroy.

The man said those in diaspora should come home.

He did not say, they should come home and take a job he has to offer, but yet these fuuktards are talking about being in Nigeria and why can't he give them a job instead.

The man could be saying, come home and use your skills to set up businesses and create jobs.

Now the people in diaspora would see that many of the fuuktards back home are too daft to be given such jobs. undecided
u are just cursing without making any sense
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Eeroh95(m): 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2015
I talk am say this guy no get clue

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Ikechu12781: 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2015
Return home for what? Are any of us brain dead?
That zoo is the most backwards, undeveloped country in that African continent. Even that damn Lagos una self claimed as "New York of Africa" is absolutely NOTHING to write home about. It's literally a glorified village because I've literally been to an African city zillion times better that village and that's wasn't even a south African city. Spare us rubbish.

The only time I'll return back to a shithole nation with complete backwardness is when that shit zoo get split and I can come home and rebuild Biafra into something my kids in the future would be proud of. And best believe I'm not the only one I know with the same mentality as me
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Sagamite(m): 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
Tequilah:

There is such a dearth of talent in what area, to be precise?? Please list out these areas, one by one. Ambode should have made his request more specific. What does he mean by "come home and contribute your quota?" Did anyone keep anything called 'quota' in the hands of the Nigerians in diaspora?? shocked There is no dearth of skills in Nigeria. He should specify what kind of skill sets are lacking, and the ones he needs, then place ads in the national newspaper to seek for those who have those skill sets on our shores. I am sure he would be amazed at the level of skills and expertise here.

The problem is that there are very little opportunities or avenues for the truly talented and the really skilful to display what they can offer. This environment has a way of killing talents. undecided

In the world of intellectuals, the lack of clarity or the existence of of ambiguity is NOT an excuse or justification for moronic interpretation.

It is only an excuse to ask for clarity from the source of the message.

They are fuuktards!

By the way, you are really over-estimating the quality, quantity and aptitude of talent in Nigeria. You need to travel a bit.

No one from the sane world would be amazed at any level of skills and expertise in Nigeria. Very few are truly talented. The others who are arrogant enough to think they are talented, i.e. the local champions, barely meet the threshold in sane countries. Many are just pure fuuktards.

Cretins like the 'Cretin of Otuoke' would hardly ever make it to Councillor in the UK. In Nigeria, the population put him in Aso Rock.

The quality of human capital in Nigeria is extremely low. We just have quantity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Sagamite(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
basilo101:

u are just cursing without making any sense

If you had any sense, you will see the sense.

Now shut up and go and dance alanta, black monkey.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by lovelyadeola(m): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
I'm cuming lol.. . . . Checkout my Signature Below
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by lovelyadeola(m): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
I'm cuming lol.. . . . Checkout my Signature Below
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by porka: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
Incidentally, the same so-called diaspora' were busy fantasizing about how Nigeria would turn to Europe and America overnight when APC takes over.

Just to yield to a simple urge to come and contribute their quota in the CHANGED Nigeria now and they are vexed.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by itstpia8: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
Not only is the world’s second fastest-growing economy (behind China) luring expatriates and nonresident Indians back to its fold, but it’s also attracting a new breed of foreign-born children of Indian immigrants — a generation whose only connection to India has been through tales of their parents’, and often their frustration at a lack of opportunities in their home country.

But dimmer economic prospects in the developed world have turned the flow of talent back towards India in a phenomenon that is as much a reflection of the country’s growing economic muscle as it is on waning opportunities elsewhere.

Migration experts believe this mass repatriation of well-educated individuals will boost India’s economic prospect both by injecting billions of dollars worth of foreign investments and by importing skills necessary for a wider global engagement. An estimated 300,000 ethnic Indians living abroad are expected to return to India between 2011 and 2015, according to a report by Kelly Services India, a recruitment consultancy.

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20140512-india-lures-a-generation-home
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ambode went looking for trouble on social media... smiley
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by porka: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
Sagamite:

In the world of intellectuals, the lack of clarity or the existence of of ambiguity is NOT an excuse or justification for moronic interpretation.

It is only an excuse to ask for clarity from the source of the message.

They are fuuktards!

By the way, you are really over-estimating the quality, quantity and aptitude of talent in Nigeria. You need to travel a bit.

No one from the sane world would be amazed at any level of skills and expertise in Nigeria. Very few are truly talented. The others who are arrogant enough to think they are talented, i.e. the local champions, barely meet the threshold in sane countries. Many are just pure fuuktards.

Cretins like the 'Cretin of Otuoke' would hardly ever make it to Councillor in the UK. In Nigeria, the population put him in Aso Rock.

The quality of human capital in Nigeria is extremely low. We just have quantity.

Don't you think if the majority so-called diaspora are above average we would have been hearing/reading about them more than the few we've read?

The fact is, if they truly can contribute anything, no one will tell them to return before they do.

Some of the guys who are in the entertainment industry today had to come back from 'hustling' abroad to team up with the people at home and build super careers. So are others in the financial services, in the media and advertising, IT etc. They left behind the so-called 'talented' folks who are actually very average but filled with oversized egos.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Carter4luv(m): 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2015
We av gud and skillful nigerian @ home, yet nobody recognises deir presence. wen d leaders of dis great country start treating d home base nigerians well, den d abroad base will come back home without invitation...
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by itstpia8: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
TeOwl:
Ambode went looking for trouble on social media... smiley

true that, although governors do issue such statements periodically however.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by ipreach: 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
come back and do what?

#NoToSocialMediaBill
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by porka: 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
toyetade:

those who relocated are those who couldnt find their feet abroad again because they dont have rrelevant skill or cant develop themselves. Those ones will not be too useful for Nigeria

Fallacy!

Do you mean Kenny Ogungbe, D1, Banky W, D'Banj, Tiwa Savage etc, don't have skills?
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Sagamite(m): 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
porka:

Don't you think if the majority so-called diaspora are above average we would have been hearing/reading about them more than the few we've read?

The fact is, if they truly can contribute anything, no one will tell them to return before they do.

Some of the guys who are in the entertainment industry today had to come back from 'hustling' abroad to team up with the people at home and build super careers. So are others in the financial services, in the media and advertising, IT etc. They left behind the so-called 'talented' folks who are actually very average but filled with oversized egos.

You see the highlighted?

That is the kind of moronic opinions fuuktards in Nigeria pull from their arssse and then label "FACT".

You just did that.

Now, explain to me how you arrived at that "fact".

I want to start with that before educating you on the rest.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by adellam16(f): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2015
politricks:
Nigerians are used to getting angry unnecessarily on social media. What i think he means is that people should come and invest their skills and experience by setting up businesses and employing people thereby creating more jobs or who will have a job abroad and come to lagos looking for job?.

#myopinion
No support am, na lie. Lol. Is it not Ambode?
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by politricks: 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
adellam16:
No support am, na lie. Lol. Is it not Ambode?
But think am now. Who in his/her right senses will have a job abroad and come back to lagos looking for job?. In order news, i want you to counsel me on sex PRACTICALLY. lol.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by dckng16(m): 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ambode d Amburger.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by mikolo80: 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
zinachidi:
buh na true nah,, pple with good grades, and correct skills are still jobless, and u're calling on those in diaspora..undecided
good grades in useless skills that they cannot use to get themselves out of the mess they're in
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by lurlah2014(f): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
I don't blame you
If everyone has the same Mentally like urs then Nigeria will go no where.
Mind u does developed countries where once under developed too and if they don't believe in their government they won't go that far. Do u think they don't have looters of public funds there too?
Think twice man
DICKtator:

What is this one saying?

Is the government providing the necessary incentives to attract such Nigerians?

On what basis did he even utter such words? Has he seen the statistics?
Does he even know that most Nigerians in the diaspora (based on my personal research) have vested interests in Nigeria?

Does he even know that most Nigerians would be willing to invest home given the taxes they pay in foreign countries ? But they are disillusioned because unlike the foreign countries where they pay such taxes, in Nigeria they do not see the returns on the taxes paid through basic social amenities?

Typical Ondo girl. Na because na your kinsman de rule Lagos now,you just open your mouth anyone saying most Nigerians!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by oooopss(m): 9:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
How can one reach the office of the governor? Any idea?

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Ojady(m): 9:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
Your Excellency, the Executive Governor of Lagos, i'm afraid that that tweet should have gone something like "I aspire to a Lagos where all the ramifications of security are improved to the extent that Nigerians in the diaspora can come home and team up with me..."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Buhari's Age Limitation: Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina / Sorry States Of Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.