Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply (40961 Views)

Where Is Your President? CNN Asks Nigerians / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years / Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by itstpia8: 9:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ojady:
Your Excellency, the Executive Governor of Lagos, i'm afraid that that tweet should have gone something like "I aspire to a Lagos where all the ramifications of security are improved to the extent that Nigerians in the diaspora can come home and team up with me..."

security starts from each individual (lagosian).

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by adellam16(f): 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
politricks:
But think am now. Who in his/her right senses will have a job abroad and come back to lagos looking for job?. In order news, i want you to counsel me on sex PRACTICALLY. lol.
my child thou art spoilt. Repent
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by politricks: 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
adellam16:
my child thou art spoilt. Repent
O mother i have not spoilt, i just want to be experienced like you.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Ronii: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Oga, national development and wealth creation is not rocket science.
All that should have long been in place which is the right of the masses is functional infrastructure. That is all. The pioneer of common modern singapore did not have to go to diaspora to gain experience. All we need is a working system that is transparent and devoid of public looting. There are many technocrats and investors in Nigeria and many of us who travel abroad a lot and are adequately exposed, but prefer to live in Lagos. The environment is overly challenging to businesses.

We are not blind, we know what is lacking. The dull Governor is just a beneficiary of perks and loopholes of d same failed system that brought him into power.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by tmxme(m): 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
Lol
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Favolly(f): 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
Lol! Ambode talks too much mehn!!
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Ronii: 10:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
Sagamite:

In the world of intellectuals, the lack of clarity or the existence of of ambiguity is NOT an excuse or justification for moronic interpretation.

It is only an excuse to ask for clarity from the source of the message.

They are fuuktards!

By the way, you are really over-estimating the quality, quantity and aptitude of talent in Nigeria. You need to travel a bit.

No one from the sane world would be amazed at any level of skills and expertise in Nigeria. Very few are truly talented. The others who are arrogant enough to think they are talented, i.e. the local champions, barely meet the threshold in sane countries. Many are just pure fuuktards.

Cretins like the 'Cretin of Otuoke' would hardly ever make it to Councillor in the UK. In Nigeria, the population put him in Aso Rock.

The quality of human capital in Nigeria is extremely low. We just have quantity.
All that should have long been in place which is the right of the masses is functional infrastructure. That is all. The pioneer of common modern singapore did not have to go to diaspora to gain experience. All we need is a working system that is transparent and devoid of public looting. There are many technocrats and investors in Nigeria and many of us who travel abroad a lot and are adequately exposed, but prefer to live in Lagos. The environment is overly challenging to businesses.

We are not blind, we know what is lacking. The dull Governor is just a beneficiary of perks and loopholes of d same failed system that brought him into power.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Sagamite(m): 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ronii:

The lack of functional infrastructure does not explain many of the intellectual deficiencies that is demonstrated by majority of Nigerians.

For example, go online and show me where you can see Nigerians advertising property by engaging good standards in presentation.

Even for a house some fuuktard wants to sell for $1m you will see bucket of paint in the picture of a room of the house. You will see planks and pipes just thrown on the floor inside and outside. No sense of presentation or standards.

That is not because of functional infrastructure. It is because of lack of a functional brain that pushes people to be the best they can be.

Admittedly there are few Nigerians that are actually quite talented and world class. I have seen some of these select few on NL but they are really negligible. The country is full of dumb ediots.

But, by and large, most Nigerians are not high quality human capital.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Sagamite(m): 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
Favolly:
Lol! Ambode talks too much mehn!!

He poses for stewpid pictures too much.

He really thinks his success in the role is not dependent on performance, rather it is dependent on how many pictures he poses well in that he can push out to the media.

He is a PR picture governor, not a can-do governor.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Ronii: 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
Sagamite:

The lack of functional infrastructure does not explain many of the intellectual deficiencies that is demonstrated by majority of Nigerians.

For example, go online and show me where you can see Nigerians advertising property by engaging good standards in presentation.

Even for a house some fuuktard wants to sell for $1m you will see bucket of paint in the picture of a room of the house. You will see planks and pipes just thrown on the floor inside and outside. No sense of presentation or standards.

That is not because of functional infrastructure. It is because of lack of a functional brain that pushes people to be the best they can be.

Admittedly there are few Nigerians that are actually quite talented and world class. I have seen some of these select few on NL but they are really negligible. The country is full of dumb ediots.

But, by and large, most Nigerians are not high quality human capital.

Ever heard of the 'Pareto principle" by the economist Wilfredo Pareto on the 80/20 rule.....Yes, you may say most Nigerians are not "premium quality" human capital, and rightly so. Its the same everywhere else in the world relatively. Believe me, there are so many dullards abroad who are utterly, mentally lazy. Most of the citizens who live in the US or anywhere else in the world are not the creme of human capital. How many of them are graduates? You only need the premium quality few to establish a blue-print, a sound system that works, from generation to generation, then the 'low quality' pple as you described, can plug into it. There can't be Einsteins all over the place.

They seem to be okay because their system works and many of them can live quite decent lives with better housing than many down here, just by having a job at Tesco or waiting tables at a Pub. You will see people who are happy to be Janitors all their lives and and happily announce that they come from a generation of Janitors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by arcnomec(m): 11:11pm On Dec 04, 2015
Wizdray:
grin grin grin grin Come Home? While Some Graduates here playing nairabet to survive grin grin grin grin

Thumbs up to your post.......you just hit the nail on the head

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by DICKtator: 11:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
lurlah2014:
I don't blame you
If everyone has the same Mentally like urs then Nigeria will go no where.
Mind u does developed countries where once under developed too and if they don't believe in their government they won't go that far. Do u think they don't have looters of public funds there too?
Think twice man

You did not read or perhaps you didn't comprehend what I typed.

You may need to read it again and digest it before replying (if you consider that necessary)

grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Sagamite(m): 11:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ronii:

Ever heard of the 'Pareto principle" by the economist Wilfredo Pareto on the 80/20 rule.....Yes, you may say most Nigerians are not "premium quality" human capital, and rightly so. Its the same everywhere else in the world relatively. Believe me, there are so many dullards abroad who are utterly, mentally lazy. Most of the citizens who live in the US or anywhere else in the world are not the creme of human capital. How many of them are graduates? You only need the premium quality few to establish a blue-print, a sound system that works, from generation to generation, then the 'low quality' pple as you described, can plug into it. There can't be Einsteins all over the place.

They seem to be okay because their system works and many of them can live quite decent lives with better housing than many down here, just by having a job at Tesco or waiting tables at a Pub. You will see people who are happy to be Janitors all their lives and and happily announce that they come from a generation of Janitors.

Yep. I agree.

I know about the Pareto principles.

The point there is that the others live in an environment where:

- They have good self development systems.
- They are surrounded by higher quality culture.
- They are led by many of their top talent.
- They are not boisterous cretins who don't even know shyt.

As opposed to Nigerians.

Lack of these has led to very poor human capital in Nigeria. Many so called graduates like Joromi1 are just unemployable, yet are highly proud and vocal.

Even many of the people in Nigeria would rather buy products made abroad, hire expatriates and even give artisan/building work to foreigners than Nigerians because you will just get far better quality.

I am even seeing Nigerian artistes now hiring Oyinbo cameramen.

The mentality of the poor human capital type we have in Nigeria is to make shyt loads of money with little effort. Hence they will give you, at best, mediocre quality but want to charge you world class fees.

Cretins want to sell a poorly built house, in a shythole environment, for $1m and can't even fcking, at least, clean it up and make it look presentable.

That is how daft our people are.

5 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by itstpia8: 11:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
the bond binding Nigerians has been sold at some point, to an altar of porridge.

why all this unnecessary fuss as if nobody ever said the same before.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by NomzyJust(m): 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
The one I will do and end up being owed for 9 months abi.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by adellam16(f): 12:17am On Dec 05, 2015
politricks:
O mother i have not spoilt, i just want to be experienced like you.
so by laying with thy mother u feel dat will give u experience? Son Repent
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by ademijuwonlo(f): 2:25am On Dec 05, 2015
With all this proposed minimum wage cut n downsizing. How ll they cope in this harsh, unfriendly economic atmosphere in this country . what the Government should do is to diversify & revitalize the economy . Then Nigerians in diaspora ll come without been begged. Our economy needs serious healing .

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by October1960: 3:48am On Dec 05, 2015
The terrible Nigerian government schools that is shown in the picture below probably cost 5 times the public school in Manchester UK shown at the bottom of the post.

Nigerian government officials in MOST ministries award contracts multiple times the actual cost for a good product. Pocket the money and send some of the money to foreign bank accounts and then deliver 1% of the product. Their own children then go to school in the UK.

anonimi:
Return to this

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973881_img2014122603230_jpeg799f2d35e600328f93182225e2391bbf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973895_img2014122603236_jpeg485d075040f712b8f8307d1975273b07

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973927_img2014122603253_jpegd8f38f219e6af362262c6094f7a9ec7e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973905_img2014122603242_jpeg1aeef009b62751d4b69a0003b529e03c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973906_img2014122603243_jpeg7938cd7d76e2bf011d257d01242cd040

Or they should return to sending their kids to GOVERNMENT-owned schools like this abi?

Instead of sending them to those in Manchester like the one below, not so
Who be FOOL?
Definitely not Ambode and his family, who surely have children in oyinbo schools.

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by October1960: 3:52am On Dec 05, 2015
Correct !

Ronii:

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by princeonx: 5:44am On Dec 05, 2015
Shebi I hear say UK deport 500+, make him start with them

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by CravingChic: 6:22am On Dec 05, 2015
Can someone advise Gov. Ambode to leave social media! Its comments like this that provoke anger and insults. Make the man park well oo!
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by marwanafrica: 6:43am On Dec 05, 2015
nigeria is a difficult country to rule, all i see there is mis interpretation
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by dadaabiodun: 6:56am On Dec 05, 2015
Most time am so confused that our leaders of nowadays doesn't have something tangible in there head again cause if they do,they can't advice people who went for there own greeners pasture should come back to this mess country.do they want there progress or downfall dats so inimical..Gov Ambode sorry to say you shouldn't have make such statement cause your own purse is full already..As am talking now if I get any advantage of getting out of this fucking misleading country with stupid,greedy,Mad,hopeless,stinky,and self centered leaders won't I pack my bags and never come back in the next 20years..seeing things the way they are going now in this country Young youth don't have future again which is cause by our leaders stupidity.common 5k for the graduate jst 5k they can't pass and they are looting our own money anyhow..Leaders one day soon we giant youth of this country is coming after you to make dis country a better place for every Nigerians..I love Nigeria..I love Hausas,I love Ibos and I love Yorubas..Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by politricks: 7:18am On Dec 05, 2015
adellam16:
so by laying with thy mother u feel dat will give u experience? Son Repent
I give up, you win. But i still you to counsel me on a more serious note.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by mbulela: 7:20am On Dec 05, 2015
menix:
Me wey think say I dull, I have seen a man duller..

Ambo common traffic wey dey ur backyard u no fit fix nah to call on diasporans to come home when u have not fixed the high unemployment rate in Lagos..

Fashola go just dey laugh this clown..
What worries me is how a man with such stellar academic records could b so dull in thought and actions.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by mbulela: 7:23am On Dec 05, 2015
Ronii:

Give this man a Bell's
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by mbulela: 7:26am On Dec 05, 2015
Wizdray:
grin grin
grin grin
Come Home?
While Some Graduates here playing nairabet to survive
grin ;DD
grin grin

You will be surprised that same government will count nairabet as part of its job creation products.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 05, 2015
politricks:
Nigerians are used to getting angry unnecessarily on social media. What i think he means is that people should come and invest their skills and experience by setting up businesses and employing people thereby creating more jobs or who will have a job abroad and come to lagos looking for job?.

#myopinion
Traffic and security. #lasgidiproblem.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by menix(m): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2015
mbulela:

What worries me is how a man with such stellar academic records could b so dull in thought and actions.

It means True Leaders re born nd not made.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by mbulela: 7:40am On Dec 05, 2015
Sagamite:

Cretins like the 'Cretin of Otuoke' would hardly ever make it to Councillor in the UK. In Nigeria, the population put him in Aso Rock.

The quality of human capital in Nigeria is extremely low. We just have quantity.
That one is the product of failed political system. Even in Otueke, I doubt he is the most qualified to lead their village union.
Unfortunately, we have a polity that promotes mediocrity in leadership. Few men based on their moods, selfish desires and sadistic intentions have colonised the leadership process. That is the reason why you have charlatans like Otueke, okorocha,ambode, Wike,fayose and even buhari himself (a man that is completely ill-equipped for leadership in this age and time)

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by anonimi: 8:29am On Dec 05, 2015
October1960:
The terrible Nigerian government schools that is shown in the picture below probably cost 5 times the public school in Manchester UK shown at the bottom of the post.

Nigerian government officials in MOST ministries award contracts multiple times the actual cost for a good product. Pocket the money and send some of the money to foreign bank accounts and then deliver 1% of the product. Their own children then go to school in the UK.

That is the case of "excellent" former governor of Lagos state, Alhaji Babatunde Raji Fashola who sent his father abroad for treatment while sacking doctors who were on strike for poor working conditions. The national leader of their party, Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu also went abroad for medical treatment despite plenty noise of building "world standard" medical facilities in their 16 years progreTHIEF administration of Lagos state.
Yet these are the POSTER examples of chanji chanji to us, their 200 million mumus. shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2973003_2972908img8889033575920jpegjpeg9806bd2153518397a591fad28c8bce09_jpeg2e10389c92476096a700ac3ee30d28e1

anonimi:
What is the performance record of Thief'nuibu cabal on health care for Lagos state in the past 16 years?

Beyond the paparazzi of photo-ops we know that the General Hospital in Epe, the original home constituency of Speaker Ikuforiji is in tatters and such a deplorable condition:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1441819_H3_jpg195e7c5b979e3c0c1d452e90d51ebca2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1441826_H5_jpg64378f861b2175c385b08ef0b2ac84a7

More pictures and story: https://www.nairaland.com/1536965/deplorable-conditions-epe-general-hospital

Beyond the physically deteriorating situation with many of the health facilities, the working conditions for the doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians etc is nothing to write home about hence regular strikes. However our excellent governor's reaction is to sack them and ferry his sick father abroad for treatment:

Since Fashola spuriously claims he sacked the doctors to protect public interest, we should ask: If the governor is to protect the people, why did he send his own father abroad for treatment? Why are the necessary medical equipment not available in Lagos hospitals since we have medical experts that can treat his father here?
"Why has he resorted to the use of incompetent 'referral doctors' who are being enticed with a wage twice what they ought to have been paid if they are in regular employment? CONMESS fully, according to the Lagos NMA, would cause just additional N33.5 million monthly, compared to its looting spree to line private hands and profiteers," the statement reads in part.

From: http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/69955-doctors-strike-grounds-medical-services-lagos-5.html#post626236

Not forgetting that the JagbaJantis head of the cabal himself na to dey go obodo oyinbo each time body dey pain am small:

Why should we entrust ourselves to these LOOTocrats who have failed woefully to deliver on their promise to Lagosians these past 16 years?

- How many doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, hospital administrators are recruited annually for a state whose IGR has increased over 53 times since 1999?
- How many hospital beds and clinic consulting rooms plus equipment have been added despite annual budgets increased over 10 times since 2000?

We deserve much better than this bunch of Smooth Criminals have provided for 16 years of mismanagement and maladministration!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Late Umaru Yaradua's Brother, Abdulaziz Rocks Tinubu's Logo (Photos) / 2023 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Buhari's Age Limitation: Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.