Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,435 members, 7,830,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply (40964 Views)

Where Is Your President? CNN Asks Nigerians / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years / Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by adellam16(f): 8:59am On Dec 05, 2015
politricks:
I give up, you win. But i still you to counsel me on a more serious note.
ok that's fine if its not gonna b physical
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by angelllla(f): 9:07am On Dec 05, 2015
jerrywool:
The day I watched the debate between this man and Jimi Agbaje was the day I realized that Lagosians have made a big mistake. How can you be "sophisticated" yet deceived by an amala-coated tout who is not articulate in thought and speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdrdYot78T8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvknxXYxiiU

I totally identify with you on this one. To say the least, I was embarassed on his behalf when I watched that debate.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by osystein(m): 9:22am On Dec 05, 2015
Didn't Buhari tell Nigerians abroad to not return?

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by angelllla(f): 9:26am On Dec 05, 2015
mbulela:

What worries me is how a man with such stellar academic records could b so dull in thought and actions.

It really beats my imagination too
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2015
porka:

Fallacy!

Do you mean Kenny Ogungbe, D1, Banky W, D'Banj, Tiwa Savage etc, don't have skills?

Now I know your level. Your exposure is limited. Are these your own expatriate Nigerians working abroad. Do you understand what is meant by skills. What skills have these once got than just talking or singing. Have you seen Nigerians who are vice chancellors,great professors in Harvard or cambridge, Nigerians managing multi billion Pounds organisation, Great technocrat earning about £800 per day because of their skills, Nigeria Doctors involved in great operations etc. I think you need to go out of the country and be more enlightened. No right thinking Nigerians will have a good job abroad and relocate to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by dwana91(m): 12:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
I thought they gat all skills needed to rules this country.CLUELESS GOVERNMENT.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by MacOG1Anon: 12:27pm On Dec 05, 2015
Lots of us came back to still meet nothing. You still hire using IM and kporakpor. Is that what you want those currently abroad to come and face. The idea is okay but instead of looking for what someone else will come to do for you / Lagos / Nigeria, you goon is government should work t make the currently better. Tighten your belts, cut your salaries, behave humanely and make policies that make the place endurable and inviting, then people will come back. Make Light, Water and good transport systems (with good roads) dey, no be only Nigerians in diaspora go come....

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by itstpia99: 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
osystein:
Didn't Buhari tell Nigerians abroad to not return?

You misunderstood what he said.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by blackprowler: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2015
politricks:
Nigerians are used to getting angry unnecessarily on social media. What i think he means is that people should come and invest their skills and experience by setting up businesses and employing people thereby creating more jobs or who will have a job abroad and come to lagos looking for job?.

#myopinion

It is you that doesn't know. What about the people here as previously said? Why don't they invest their own "skills and experiences..." NOBODY shd talk about the lucky ones that have escaped this jungle. So many others are still looking to escape. Nigerians are a failed people. No foreign expert is needed. Our values are our disease and anything invested will be wasted. Hey, I'm also from abroad o. I know how to better society and have spend much of my time trying to prevail on the champions of Nigerian backwardness to reason with me so we can take necessary action. No one. They hope I will fade away and die quietly and so far, they're succeeding. Ordinary people have no idea what's going on
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by uncleade(m): 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2015
my dear Gov.if they refuse to come. pls let them rot there.most of them prefer washing white man's pants or white man dead bodies in earope.after all, no matter how bad Niger is,most people are still making it.and if u look around,those who are succeeding do not get their success from elsewhere.
HOME SWEET HOME.
Re: Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply by OmoEziokwu: 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ronii:

Ever heard of the 'Pareto principle" by the economist Wilfredo Pareto on the 80/20 rule.....Yes, you may say most Nigerians are not "premium quality" human capital, and rightly so. Its the same everywhere else in the world relatively. Believe me, there are so many dullards abroad who are utterly, mentally lazy. Most of the citizens who live in the US or anywhere else in the world are not the creme of human capital. How many of them are graduates? You only need the premium quality few to establish a blue-print, a sound system that works, from generation to generation, then the 'low quality' pple as you described, can plug into it. There can't be Einsteins all over the place.

They seem to be okay because their system works and many of them can live quite decent lives with better housing than many down here, just by having a job at Tesco or waiting tables at a Pub. You will see people who are happy to be Janitors all their lives and and happily announce that they come from a generation of Janitors.

I like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sorry States Of Lagos Island / Fashola, Al-Hassan At The Residence Of James Ocholi (Photos) / Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Buhari In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.