Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Free Online Makeup And Gele Training - Fashion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Free Online Makeup And Gele Training (70420 Views)

Social Media Slay Queen Shows Off Her Makeup, And It’s On “fleek”! (photos) / Free Online Makeup Training / Free Online Makeup Training With Moma!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
april88:
Let's c who will first attempt this...something good awaits dat person
What do you call the brush for that eye liner?
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

How do you see milani foundation?

It's very good n has a good coverage
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

What do you call the brush for that eye liner?

Angled brush
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
Good evening ladies....hope our day went well...

Honestly I don't have a problem with dropping tutorials, Buh I've got issues with d fact dat it's of us don't try out what's been taught...
And secondly most pple ask me questions as if in authorised to do this without some courtesy...although helping out with makeup problem gives me joy n teaching makeup gives me more knowledge buh please try to add courtesy when next you want to ask me for a recommendation or review.

Thanks...so I'll drop d highlight n contour below
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
Highlight and Lowlights (contour)

It's the techniques makeup artist uses in order to give some beautiful features to the face..
Highlighting is d process of adding light(with d use of a lighter shade makeup products) to places where light will generally hit on d face, whereas lowlight is d process of reducing light(with d use of darker makeup products) on the face...

What I'm trying to say is highlighting n contouring is the art of highlighting and shading,. "Anything that is lighter than the skin tone will make an area more prominent, anything darker will make that area recede." Here's how you can easily alter your face:

If you have a round face and want to make it look more oval: Apply a bronzer a shade or two darker than your skin tone in a "3" shape alongside your face: on your temples, the hollow of your cheeks, and your chin.
If you have a prominent forehead: Shade around the outer edge of your forehead along your hairline to minimize the area with bronzer.
If you have a flat or wide nose: Shade alongside your bridge starting from your inner brows. Then highlight right on the center of your nose.
If gravity is taking a toll and your cheeks are sagging: Apply a highlighter just above your cheekbone all the way to your temple. Use a blush directly on the cheekbone, then use a bronzer in the hollow of the cheek, underneath your bone.

And if you really want to make your contouring stand out, use a sparkly highlighter, which will reflect the most light. Then for your bronzer, go for a matte finish, which will absorb light and create a stark contrast.

4 Likes

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
Here's how to apply d techniques :

1.+ 2.  Apply one layer of foundation all over face Using a foundation brush and a cream concealer (2 to 3 times lighter than your skin tone), apply concealer (the highlight) to the under eyes, down the sides of the nose, and brushed back and upward toward the hairline.

3. Using the same concealer, highlight the center of the forehead and down the bridge of the nose, upper lip, center of the chin and on your brow bone. Lastly, apply the concealer to the jawline, just under your cheekbones.

4. Once you’ve finished with all the highlighting, it’s time to apply the contour. Pick a cool-toned cream concealer or foundation thats 2 to 3 shades darker than your skin tone. Taking a smaller, stiff brush or foundation brush, apply the contour cream to the hallows of your cheeks, just below your cheekbone, all the way to your hairline.

5.+ 6. +7. Apply the same color to your forehead near your hairline, temples, jawline, the sides of your neck and to the sides of your nose.

8. Using a wet Beauty Blender or Duo Fiber Blending Brush, blend all the contour and highlighter together until there is no more distinction between the two colors.

9. Lastly, Apply a light dusting of blush, and set all the highlight with a loose powder using a small natural bristled brush.

Pro Tip: You can use cream or powders to contour or highlight, creams are easier to blend and tend to look more natural. Avoid using bronzer to contour. You are creating a “shadow” so think of a color that’s similar to an actual shadow, which tends to be a cooler tone.  Use Bronzer to warm up your skin and make it look sun-kissed! 

Who needs a face surgeon when you've got a good makeup artist with highlight technique on fleekiest fleek

4 Likes

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
qizick:
Good morning pretty Divas, morning Auntie April I think we should learn full contouring as or first class this year happy new year all
the tutorial is up now o... who's ready for assignment? Don't forget it helps u get better
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by qizick: 9:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
april88:
the tutorial is up now o... who's ready for assignment? Don't forget it helps u get better
One question do I do my contours before foundation
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by ChrisMaryS: 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
teacher April...thank u very much n God bless u
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
qizick:
One question do I do my contours before foundation

I'm sorry I forgot to add that h/c is to be done after foundation, n to avoid it looking cakey, it's best to set with a good setting powder before d general powder application...

Hope it helps
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
ChrisMaryS:
teacher April...thank u very much n God bless u

Amen and you too
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
Do you have problems with making your makeup last all day? Den look forward to my next post

2 Likes

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by qizick: 9:44am On Jan 05, 2016
See my contour this morning use zaron all tru

2 Likes

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:05am On Jan 05, 2016
qizick:
See my contour this morning use zaron all tru
Nice picture, Buh d contour didn't show well..but nice pictures, try to add contour to ur nose sides n hollow of ur cheek
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by qizick: 11:12am On Jan 05, 2016
Second picture is during
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by qizick: 11:13am On Jan 05, 2016
Ok boss
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:19am On Jan 05, 2016
See my highlight

4 Likes

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by charijee(f): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
april88:
Do you have problems with making your makeup last all day? Den look forward to my next post
Waiting grin
Thanks for the tutorials so far ma'am
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by kessyzee: 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks for the training. Will upload my contouring looks tomorrow.
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 10:52am On Jan 06, 2016
kessyzee:
Thanks for the training. Will upload my contouring looks tomorrow.

Yw...patiently waiting
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by Babyileso(f): 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by kessyzee: 10:38am On Jan 07, 2016
After contouring

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
kessyzee:
After contouring

It's beautiful...Buh still work harder
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Tips on how to get your makeup flawless and last all day...

1) CLEANSING

Cleansing the face for makeup create a good canvass for the face,rinsing the face with water prior to makeup application sets the right time for fleek makeup..

After rinsing apply required amount of face moisturizer on your face, either u have oily or dry skin moisturizer is very important. (for. Benefit of face moisturizing you can get dat via Google, is good to b informed! Right?)

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by ChrisMaryS: 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
pls can you highlight n contour after applying concealer or before?
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
2)GET THE RIGHT AND GOOD TOOLS USED BY PROFESSIONALS.

Tools and products are equally as important as the makeup skills that you have," For example, let's say you were using mediocre brushes, mediocre products, and had average skill. Just by improving the quality of your brushes and using richer pigmented products, the application would immediately be better, even without improving your technique. So if you really want to apply your makeup like a pro "Do what the professionals do: Use the proper brushes for application."

Here are the eight basic brushes you need:

1. Foundation brush
2. Concealer brush
3. Fluffy powder brush
4. Blush brush
5. Small blending brush
6. Flat eyeshadow brush
7. Precision angle brush
8. Lip brush

Once you have your tools, you need to know how to hold them. "Where you hold a brush on the handle affects your control. The closer your fingers are to the barrel (the silver section beneath the brush head), the more pressure you put on the brush head and vice versa." In general, if you want to apply color evenly, place your fingers on the center of the brush handle. Another tip: You can easily turn a fluffy brush into a flat, angled brush by wrapping your hand around the bristles and flattening them.

2 Likes

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
DO YOU KNOW?

That mixing primer with your foundation makes it crease not and set it all day?

You can wear cream foundation for full coverage, or you can break it down to be more translucent by mixing it with some primer," I know most of y'all will be like What? Isn't primer only supposed to go on before foundation? It's a surefire way to retain the foundation's coverage without looking caked on. Plus, you get to reap the long-lasting durability that cream foundation has over liquids and powders. It also helps the makeup blend seamlessly with the first layer of primer on your skin.

You may want to ask at this point if cream foundation is OK for oily skin. This is a selfish question n I think I can answer, because I struggle with a mid-day oily t-zone.Everyone can use cream foundation, but those with oily skin should use a damp sponge to apply it. Most foundations have oil in its formula to give the coverage blend-ability. Using the sponge will "pick up the pigment, but not the oil in the foundation." You'll still get great coverage, but not the shine.

For dry or combination skin types, "use your foundation brush and buff the foundation onto the skin, concentrating on the center of your face, which is typically where your skin has the most discoloration,".

General tips is that for all skin types and foundation type..buffung your foundation on to ur skin gives it a fine airbrush finish..and makes it look flawless

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
Make your eyes pop by changing their shape
Just like how I learned to use highlights and shadows to contour my face, I found out that I can use the same info to alter my eye shape, too. Whether you have drooping lids, narrow-set eyes, or they're simply too small, you can use your knowledge of light and shadow to change them.

If you want to add definition: Sweep a light bronzer through the crease of the eye, which is halfway between the lashline and the eyebrow. "As you age, the eye area loses elasticity, and things aren't as shapely as they used to be," says Prior. "This technique is great for mature skin, to give the face more definition."
If you have narrow-set eyes: To elongate your eye width, apply a black liner to the outer half of both your upper and lower lashlines, connecting at the outer corner.

If you have drooping, heavy lids: Use what you just learned about highlights and shadows to lift your eye. Apply highlighter above your crease, from the inner to outer lid. Then blend a shadow to the area that you want to push back, which would be the heavy fold. Make sure to blend the edges from the shadow to the highlight.

If you have small eyes: Apply a beige-colored eyeliner to your lower inner rim, which will help make eyes look more open. Then use a black pencil liner along your entire upper and lower lashlines, connecting the lines at the outer corner. The key is to blend the liner with shadow, going outwards. Wherever you place the darkness is where your eye will go, so by smudging the lines, it gives the allusion that your eyes are taking up more real estate on your face.

And the tip I love most for natural definition: Apply a black pencil to your upper inner rim. "It lengthens the eye and it also sharpens the appearance of the eye, giving more fullness to the natural lashline without seeing the hard edge of a liner.

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
To be continued
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hmm ladies...hope y'all r doing good...I think no One wants dis tips...I can just let it rest.

1 Like

Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by fabulousmann(f): 9:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
april88:
Hmm ladies...hope y'all r doing good...I think no One wants dis tips...I can just let it rest.
madam April88 we are following silently wink
april88:
madam April88 we are following silently
Re: Free Online Makeup And Gele Training by april88: 11:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
Gd evening ladies...
Just to let you know I also do fabulous complete aso oke and aso ebi for all occasions...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Lady Rocks N50 'Bend Down Select' Top (Photos) / Squirrel Teeth: Madness Or Fashion From Hell? (Pictures) / Guy Recreates Hushpuppi's Dress Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.