Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS (28091 Views)

Bukar Ibrahim Reacts To His Leaked Video With Two Women / Kill Tribalism Before Its Kills Nigeria; Its Just A "Labels" / Let’s Kill Tribalism Before It Kills Nigeria- Senator Ben Murray Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by tosyne2much(m): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:
In Nigeria, where corruption is part of daily life, police officers routinely demand bribes, local government leaders pocket money meant for schools and the former national security advisor is accused of stealing billions from the military. As part of a week-long series "Nigeria: Pain and Promise," special correspondent Nick Schifrin reports on the challenges of fighting corruption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r5PWtPB_og

Source: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/how-a-cancer-of-corruption-steals-nigerian-oil-weapons-and-lives/
Can you just imagine ? Smh
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by harowins: 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2015
We have all said the truth but why don't we match our words with action by supporting this administration get rid of this virus called corruption.

6 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by litetias(m): 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
Arogunmasa:

Abeg, help me convert this doc to downloadable video format. I d video on my fone. Thanking u in advance
Just click this link and you will be able to download it
www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=_r5PWtPB_og
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by franconian: 9:52pm On Dec 06, 2015
tosin2013:

People like you are as guilty as Dasuki and co. and deserve similar years in jail. The spirit of the woman killed in that video will haunt you if you continue on this path.

Spirits don't haunt people Bro, it is the duty of the good people still alive to fight for justice and to free the oppressed.
We should stop leaving our problems for some imaginary spirit beings to solve, we've done that for so many years with no result.
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by ICAMETOWIN(m): 9:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
When the annals of black people the world over are narrated'Nigeria will for ever be remembered as the country that fate placed on a high pedestal. Perfectly primed for success and greatness but its people through a toxic combination of ignorance, greed, tribalism,corruption and a host of other negative vices contrived to squander their collective destiny. Its sad and naueseating When you go down memory lane and think of what might have been if our previous leaders have laid a solid foundation for accountable and responsible governance but alas the rot started right after independence in the sixties and continued unabated and corruption became institutionalized during the military years. We can wail and cry till infinity but if We the citizens of this great country don't change our fraudulent ways, we'd still be stuck in this cesspit of mediocrity and underachievement while other nations who got their acts right and cleaned up their mess will leave US lagging way behind in all indices of successful modern life. It is my sincere wish that NIGERIA gets It right sooner rather than later because if We succeed africa will be better for It.

4 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by franconian: 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Stop with this sort of whining, already. Unless you can show me one country whose problems were solved by Allah. It is we the people that must say enough is enough, that if Buhari does nothing about the vermin we will march in the streets and chase him out of Aso Rock before descending on these people as well as corrupt judges. Allah has given us the brains to solve our problems, if we won't use them, we're on our own.

You deserve a gold medal for this comment.
We all are the architects of the Nigeria of tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
Wow,Am lost for words.
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by hatchy(f): 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:
In Nigeria, where corruption is part of daily life, police officers routinely demand bribes, local government leaders pocket money meant for schools and the former national security advisor is accused of stealing billions from the military. As part of a week-long series "Nigeria: Pain and Promise," special correspondent Nick Schifrin reports on the challenges of fighting corruption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r5PWtPB_og

Source: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/how-a-cancer-of-corruption-steals-nigerian-oil-weapons-and-lives/

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by ooshinibos: 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
president buhari ..where is the police man that shot this man's wife
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Btruth: 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
Following........
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Arogunmasa(m): 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
litetias:

Just click this link and you will be able to download it
www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=_r5PWtPB_og
Thanx bro
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sanusi too speaking on corruption? Whao, be told I never support corruption but the makers of the video are questionable characters, their next topic will be in support of gay in Nigeria
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Tinyemeka(m): 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

The video opens with one Mr. Ekpo and his wife who were shot by policemen for not paying N2000 bribe. His wife dies but he survived.
How will people like this ever get justice?

I actually shed tears with the man at the end.

1 Like

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 06, 2015
PassingShot:
The type of corruption in Nigeria can only be from Nigeria. Nowhere else in the world can ours take place and the country not become FAILED STATE completely.
SLS captured it well when he said our type of corruption is the worst in the whole world because it's pure stealing.

I have come to realize that the biggest problem in Nigeria is not corruption per se. It is the attitude of the majority of us who are victims of corruption towards those who have pauperized them and future of their unborn grand children. Many of victims of corruption, who complain hourly about poor state of things, are sadly same set of people who defend their oppressors with the last drop of blood in them.

It's very sad that democracy has not helped Nigeria as we thought. It has instead made people to get away with impunity upon impunity.

Absolutely agree. In other words, we deserve the leaders we get.

I am sorry to say that unfortunately, things are going to get worse for Nigerians despite PMB's war on corruption. The decay and rot has been allowed to go on for too long. Now OPEC is slowly being rendered useless and the West is slowly weaning itself off the oil that feeds the insatiable thirst for stealing money in our leaders.

It has now gone beyond corruption. It will take decades before any leader can re-establish the all-important sectors of health, education, power and industry that is needed for any country to forge forward.

We have a country that has been depicted in the shameful video above, add in Boko Haram, religion, ethnicity, illiteracy and - not to forget leaders like Saraki and Otunba Melaye - well, Nigerians have not seen anything yet.

1 Like

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by jaybee(f): 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

The best opportunity Nigeria had to redress our fundamental problems was during OBJ's regime in 1999. But he messed up so terribly thereby puting the country in a deeper mess than he left it.

No president in Nigeria can stop corruption or even try to minimize it. Corruption will flourish under Buhari, it will still flourish after Buhari leaves office. That is the hard truth.

Incurable pessimist and wailer.

3 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Panshow(m): 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2015
This news is very scary.

1 Like

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by AAinEqGuinea: 12:02am On Dec 07, 2015
People are NOT born corrupt. Address environment condition that breeds and perpetuates corruption, then you may be off to a good start

The business owner, the honest worker, the drug/sex dealers, and the corrupt politicians all want the same things at the end of the day. This is a global mentality.

1 Like

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by nairapip: 12:19am On Dec 07, 2015
jamace:

Truly, it takes a man with brave heart to fight corruption in Nigeria. I have witnessed corruption, first hand, in all its ramifications in Nigeria. Having said that, corruption should not be nailed at the door step of GEJ. GEJ had good intentions for the masses BUT he was overwhelmed by the insincerity and lack of integrity of his lieutenants. Note that corruption is a whole gamut of vices ranging from misapplication of public funds to "pressing green button" to get ahead of competitors in school admissions and job employments.

Those who perpetrate gargantuan corruption are the high and mighty. They are in political, civil service and religious circles. Sadly even the masses either because of deprivation or the lure to be rich have become corrupt too.

Fighting corruption has become an uphill task in Nigeria today because corruption has taken over our churches/mosques. Pastors and imams who are supposed to shape the morality of the society are now in the front row of corruption. Need I mention that even our erudite scholars both in society and ivory towers are drenched in corruption?.

The corruption situation in Nigeria is jn deed pathetic.

I wish Buhari well in his efforts to rid Nigeria of corruption. However, Buhari must keep his eyes on his lieutenants so that they don't just shout we are fighting corruption and using the opportunity to feather their own nest.

we all have a responsibility to watch them and blow the whistle when appropriate
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Lucasbalo(m): 1:12am On Dec 07, 2015
ICAMETOWIN:
When the annals of black people the world over are narrated'Nigeria will for ever be remembered as the country that fate placed on a high pedestal. Perfectly primed for success and greatness but its people through a toxic combination of ignorance, greed, tribalism,corruption and a host of other negative vices contrived to squander their collective destiny. Its sad and naueseating When you go down memory lane and think of what might have been if our previous leaders have laid a solid foundation for accountable and responsible governance but alas the rot started right after independence in the sixties and continued unabated and corruption became institutionalized during the military years. We can wail and cry till infinity but if We the citizens of this great country don't change our fraudulent ways, we'd still be stuck in this cesspit of mediocrity and underachievement while other nations who got their acts right and cleaned up their mess will leave US lagging way behind in all indices of successful modern life. It is my sincere wish that NIGERIA gets It right sooner rather than later because if We succeed africa will be better for It.
God bless you for that. I have always believe that the citizens and especially the youths have to rise up and challenge the leadership of the country like the Filipinos did to Ferdinand Marcos in the 80s. Without the massive revolution of the people, am afraid the same failed leadership will never end. Every time I visit Nigeria, it's like the country is regressing. Hopefully, Buhari will turn the country around or the masses will turn against him like they did the master kleptocrat Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Lucasbalo(m): 1:23am On Dec 07, 2015
onelife97:
Until we the youths and all the good people of Nigeria take law into our hands,nothing will ever be done.
Bloody revolution is all what we need.

From the people in Abeokuta should be ready to attack and lynch OBJ and his family anywhere u find them....to the people of Lagos to massacre Tinubu and other thieves in Lagos.Extending the baton to the good people of Niger to show no mercy to IBB,Abubakar and their families and to the core north and southern part of the country to the East.We must be ready to kill them all.

Nigeria will be great again.
Have been saying what you said for a while on Nairaland. The future of the youths are being mortgaged and destroyed by the worthless leaders and their proxies. Nothing works in Nigeria except corruption and Nepotism. How long are the people going to accept mediocrity and subhuman living ?. Hopefully, the youths will put the fear of bloody and inevitable revolution in the leadership.
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 07, 2015
Sweetguy25:

The best opportunity Nigeria had to redress our fundamental problems was during OBJ's regime in 1999. But he messed up so terribly thereby puting the country in a deeper mess than he left it.

No president in Nigeria can stop corruption or even try to minimize it. Corruption will flourish under Buhari, it will still flourish after Buhari leaves office. That is the hard truth.

Guy!!! Are you for reals?? See hypocrisy stinking to the highest heavens! Are you even human?

I can't believe I share same passport with this thing!
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by amInigerian: 2:11am On Dec 07, 2015
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by kingdong(m): 2:58am On Dec 07, 2015
Lets imagine, if there is a wedding/party/cerebration, somewhere, with all thieves (anyone who uses their position to enrich themselves) past and present and their families gathered. Such a gathering would include the Objs, Umaru Dikkos, Otedolas, Tinubus, Abachas, Atikus, Abubakars, IBBs, Traditional Rulers, L.G chairmen, Heads of NNPC, Minsters, Senators, Thieving pastors, etc. All of them that you can think of, the whole gamut of human filth that manifest corruption in Nigeria.
Now add to them members of my family, my parents, my 13 siblings, my wife and kids, even add me join. Why are we there? Perhaps working at the party as service providers, security details, etc.

Now that we have all these crooks and innocent bystanders in one place, can we nuke them all and delete their existence from the surface of the earth? YES, YES, and a million YESES!!!!
My only problem will be how to get back the trillions of Naira stolen by these maggots back into the treasury of the Nigerian nation before they are destroyed. And hope that Nigeria can start afresh with servant leaders that will put Nigeria first second and third! Leaders that after their service to the nation will retire to spend their well earned pensions with the joy and satisfaction of knowing that they served their fatherland fruitfully with honesty and dignity and added tonnes of value!

So what's my point?

1 Like

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by t2luv1: 3:00am On Dec 07, 2015
PassingShot:
The type of corruption in Nigeria can only be from Nigeria. Nowhere else in the world can ours take place and the country not become [b]FAILED STATE [/b]completely.
SLS captured it well when he said our type of corruption is the worst in the whole world because it's pure stealing.

I have come to realize that the biggest problem in Nigeria is not corruption per se. It is the attitude of the majority of us who are victims of corruption towards those who have pauperized them and future of their unborn grand children. Many of victims of corruption, who complain hourly about poor state of things, are sadly same set of people who defend their oppressors with the last drop of blood in them.

It's very sad that democracy has not helped Nigeria as we thought. It has instead made people to get away with impunity upon impunity.

I think Nigeria has passed the the stage of being defined as a FAILED STATE, We are now in comatose stage. I have been saying this for a long time that is not a country.

2 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by kd10: 3:01am On Dec 07, 2015
Bollinger:
If for some reason you all don't understand the moral of the story it is that all of you are corrupt. It is ingrained in your psyche. It is in your blood. It is no fault of yours, it is the fault of the system in Nigeria. Deep down, we all have dark thoughts and desires but what holds us back from acting on those thoughts and desires is the fear of consequences. There are none in Nigeria. None whatsoever. Do you think people in America are saints? Definitely not. But, they know committing a crime comes with heavy consequences and apart from that, the system will hunt you down, all the way to the ends of the earth until they get you. In Nigeria, you can pretty much kill someone in one state and move to another and live a comfortable life if you can afford it. There are no consequences for actions in Nigeria which is a disgrace.
You truly made my day with your better grasp of the foundermental problems facing this entrapment called Nigeria as a Nation , Some of us with short memory will swallow it down after watching the tape that The Magnitude of the Corruption is about last Adminstration but no that is not the Case Rather is about the System we Operate in this Banana republic Since the Regional System was destroyed by The Evil Military Juntas so died Accountability to the masses & Nigeria become a sinking ship to any politician that find it self in leadership position to loot theTreasury & salvage anything they can before the Ship Capsize , these are the mind set of the average Nigerian public Office holder till date because no Strong System in place to Challenge them for Accountability , Former Delta State Governor was Aquited by our Courts if not for Britain he will be walking free today making speeches here & there like Obj, Atiku, Abdusalami, IBB, Tinunbu , Saraki & all the fomer petroleum ministers Even Sanusi as Governor of CBN Misaprioprated funds during his tenure but because of our weak system he is playing Saints today but not many of us that gullible , Fortunately for them our system with a failed military constitution is in coma state if not all this past Leaders Buhari included Suppose to be cooling there hills in a long term jail sentences. Am also Happy that American report cited one Northern State as case study to show how corruption has destroyed us because 56yrs of Independence the North has ruled this country for than forty two years with nothing to show for it so the Big Question is Where is the all the Oil money gone to?Amazingly though all public Officers / political elite that entrenched corruption in this country are still the ones in this current Government so is there any real political will to fight corruption at all ? To the me the answer is No because our legal system is dead Riddled with corruption & the only solution to fight Corruption is to go back to regional System or True Fiscal Federalism because our foundation of 1914 is Faulty & that Breaths Corruption. May God Help Us .

2 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by t2luv1: 3:03am On Dec 07, 2015
Gayigaskia:
Look at that street where Dasuki lives, I could swore it was in Potomac Maryland right outside Washington DC. And did anybody noticed that school in Bauchi, guys Niger republic schools are not as bad. Shame on the Leaders.

I got news for you those house you see on that picture are worth more that Potomac houses. Try Chevy Chase/ Fairfax Va prices.
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by t2luv1: 3:36am On Dec 07, 2015
Bollinger:
If for some reason you all don't understand the moral of the story it is that all of you are corrupt. It is ingrained in your psyche. It is in your blood. It is no fault of yours, it is the fault of the system in Nigeria. Deep down, we all have dark thoughts and desires but what holds us back from acting on those thoughts and desires is the fear of consequences. There are none in Nigeria. None whatsoever. Do you think people in America are saints? Definitely not. But, they know committing a crime comes with heavy consequences and apart from that, the system will hunt you down, all the way to the ends of the earth until they get you. In Nigeria, you can pretty much kill someone in one state and move to another and live a comfortable life if you can afford it. There are no consequences for actions in Nigeria which is a disgrace.

I think Corruption is in the DNA of an average Nigerian. Tell the truth is foreign to an average Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by October1960: 3:45am On Dec 07, 2015
The thieving elite for the past 40 years have been sending Nigerian money to UK and USA. Their own children school overseas, go for medical treatment overseas, where their parents hide Nigeria's wealth. Come to Europe and USA and see how well former and present Nigerian government officials and politicians have nice homes and live very well.

From Managers, Directors, Perm Secs. So many (not all) have stolen so much money that is hidden in Nigeria and overseas with houses, stocks/shares, bank accounts etc. The wealth of millions of people have been stolen by less than 1%.

Curses on all of them that have stolen and their families that have benefited from looted funds.

Gayigaskia:
Look at that street where Dasuki lives, I could swore it was in Potomac Maryland right outside Washington DC. And did anybody noticed that school in Bauchi, guys Niger republic schools are not as bad. Shame on the Leaders.

1 Like

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Bollinger(m): 4:44am On Dec 07, 2015
kd10:
You truly made my day with your better grasp of the foundermental problems facing this entrapment called Nigeria as a Nation , Some of us with short memory will swallow it down after watching the tape that The Magnitude of the Corruption is about last Adminstration but no that is not the Case Rather is about the System we Operate in this Banana republic Since the Regional System was destroyed by The Evil Military Juntas so died Accountability to the masses & Nigeria become a sinking ship to any politician that find it self in leadership position to loot theTreasury & salvage anything they can before the Ship Capsize , these are the mind set of the average Nigerian public Office holder till date because no Strong System in place to Challenge them for Accountability , Former Delta State Governor was Aquited by our Courts if not for Britain he will be walking free today making speeches here & there like Obj, Atiku, Abdusalami, IBB, Tinunbu , Saraki & all the fomer petroleum ministers Even Sanusi as Governor of CBN Misaprioprated funds during his tenure but because of our weak system he is playing Saints today but not many of us that gullible , Fortunately for them our system with a failed military constitution is in coma state if not all this past Leaders Buhari included Suppose to be cooling there hills in a long term jail sentences. Am also Happy that American report cited one Northern State as case study to show how corruption has destroyed us because 56yrs of Independence the North has ruled this country for than forty two years with nothing to show for it so the Big Question is Where is the all the Oil money gone to?Amazingly though all public Officers / political elite that entrenched corruption in this country are still the ones in this current Government so is there any real political will to fight corruption at all ? To the me the answer is No because our legal system is dead Riddled with corruption & the only solution to fight Corruption is to go back to regional System or True Fiscal Federalism because our foundation of 1914 is Faulty & that Breaths Corruption. May God Help Us .

There are only two solutions.
a) A revolution , which I don't really subscribe to because it can easily be hijacked by lunatics.
b) Do what Ghana did; Round Up all the the past leaders and eliminate them staring with OBJ.
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Nobody: 5:04am On Dec 07, 2015
Yet Diezanni immediately got cancer after Jonathan's tenure. How can someone supervise that kind of stealing without getting cancer sef. Too much corruption. Just too damn much. Just like Cecilia Ibru, it is only when they steal and they are caught that their illnesses remember them She never had cancer when she was flying private jet as minister of petroleum on Nigeria's bill. Forget cancer. Soon Dasuki will say he has HIV. Nonsense
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by akigbemaru: 5:31am On Dec 07, 2015
cqancer of corruption kills naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Peter Obi & Anambra State Traditional Rulers / Tony Blair Confirms Meeting With Buhari-vanguard / Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.