Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS (28061 Views)

Bukar Ibrahim Reacts To His Leaked Video With Two Women / Kill Tribalism Before Its Kills Nigeria; Its Just A "Labels" / Let’s Kill Tribalism Before It Kills Nigeria- Senator Ben Murray Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2015
In Nigeria, where corruption is part of daily life, police officers routinely demand bribes, local government leaders pocket money meant for schools and the former national security advisor is accused of stealing billions from the military. As part of a week-long series "Nigeria: Pain and Promise," special correspondent Nick Schifrin reports on the challenges of fighting corruption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r5PWtPB_og

Source: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/how-a-cancer-of-corruption-steals-nigerian-oil-weapons-and-lives/

24 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by MrLexander(m): 11:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
Wow
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
This is what investigative journalism is about. With sample documents as evidence of corruption in Nigeria.

The video opens with Mr Ekpo who alongside his wife was shot by the police because of failure to pay N2000 bribe.

It shows an interview with a soldier who was wounded at the BH war theatre corroborating that the military was underfunded.

It shows how public infrastructure in Nigeria has deteriorated while the elite steal from crude-oil sales and CBN withdrawals with some of the evidence shown below:

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 11:31pm On Dec 05, 2015
47 Million US Dollars withdrawal in cash using bullion vans at one time by Dasuki!

289 Million US Dollars another time from NNPC's account with CBN by Diezani and transfered to National Intelligence Agency, an amount greater than the Agency's annual budget!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Saturn213: 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2015
Only a heartless person will not get emotional watching this clip

Nigerians have been raped and assaulted by the political class.

I shed a few tears listening to that Motorcyclist .

This report is not from SR before the Jonathanians start apportioning blame and lose focus of the message

It is now obvious that we have documentary evidence of the culpability of Dasuki and Diezani and by extension GEJ

Let us forget our division and rancor. Anybody that is against the war on corruption in Nigeria should really be ashamed of themselves.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44 please share this with Nigerians

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by gists: 11:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
Speechless!! The people should be made to be breathless.

5 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by hahn(m): 11:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
Over to the wailers and wailettes undecided

10 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by micfoley: 12:00am On Dec 06, 2015
So this man lost his wife just like that. God help us

1 Like

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by jlinkd78(m): 12:21am On Dec 06, 2015
f
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Lucasbalo(m): 12:22am On Dec 06, 2015
I hope all the past leaders are probed and indicted. There should be no exception for tribe, political affiliations or Godfatherism. Enough of this crap. This is a national shame looting a country where overwhelming majority earns less than $2 a day. May the wrath of God visits on them all that destroys Nigeria.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by FastShipping: 12:26am On Dec 06, 2015
Disgraceful!
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by jlinkd78(m): 12:30am On Dec 06, 2015
micfoley:
did u really understood what u read? or cos u just saw cancer? Pls Diezani is still alive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Gayigaskia(m): 12:37am On Dec 06, 2015
Look at that street where Dasuki lives, I could swore it was in Potomac Maryland right outside Washington DC. And did anybody noticed that school in Bauchi, guys Niger republic schools are not as bad. Shame on the Leaders.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 12:53am On Dec 06, 2015
micfoley:
jlinkd78:
did u really understood what u read? or cos u just saw cancer? Pls Diezani is still alive.

The video opens with one Mr. Ekpo and his wife who were shot by policemen for not paying N2000 bribe. His wife dies but he survived.
How will people like this ever get justice?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Sweetguy25: 1:01am On Dec 06, 2015
So? Whats the big deal?
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 2:05am On Dec 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:
So? Whats the big deal?

Says a Biafra agitator....

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Iroh88(m): 3:24am On Dec 06, 2015
Speechless.

Now we are getting to understand why they did everything possible to ensure Baba NEVER assumes the office of the president.

These are things one thought were only possible in the realm of imaginations, but here they are, as real as the nose on one's face.

Truckpusher hope you are seeing this.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by mandhi(m): 3:29am On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:
In Nigeria, where corruption is part of daily life, police officers routinely demand bribes, local government leaders pocket money meant for schools and the former national security advisor is accused of stealing billions from the military. As part of a week-long series "Nigeria: Pain and Promise," special correspondent Nick Schifrin reports on the challenges of fighting corruption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r5PWtPB_og

Source: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/how-a-cancer-of-corruption-steals-nigerian-oil-weapons-and-lives/

cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Obinoscopy
I have never said this before but am going to now because I shed a bit of tears in my eye for the trip cycle drivers family. Was mostly touched by his children future. Sambo and co most, and I repeat most be fully investigated and prosecuted.
If Buhari does not jail and fight corruption or try to fight corruption, prosecute promoters of ethnic violence for selfish purpose May ALLAH never forgive him, because this video clearly made me u/stand one thing. Our whole problem in Nigeria can be solved by routing out corruption.

May ALLAH give him the strenght to position Nigeria on the fight track to development, give him wisdom to judge fairly and strengthen our inter relationship across, faith, religion, ethnicity and region.
May grant us peaceful co-existence between regions. Ameen ameen.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by mandhi(m): 3:43am On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

The video opens with one Mr. Ekpo and his wife who were shot by policemen for not paying N200 bribe. His wife dies but he survived.
How will people like this ever get justice?
For last 20min, that I watched the video, that is what I have been thinking of, and the only possible solution is routing out corruption and prosecution of corrupt leaders.
We need to be serious about this and make sure this gov't does the right thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by princemillla(m): 3:46am On Dec 06, 2015
Can't help it but weep for this nation.

How long more do we av to dine with the this high level of corruption?

5 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 4:07am On Dec 06, 2015
mandhi:

I have never said this before but am going to now because I shed a bit of tears in my eye for the trip cycle drivers family. Was mostly touched by his children future. Sambo and co most, and I repeat most be fully investigated and prosecuted.
If Buhari does not jail and fight corruption or try to fight corruption, prosecute promoters of ethnic violence for selfish purpose May ALLAH never forgive him, because this video clearly made me u/stand one thing. Our whole problem in Nigeria can be solved by routing out corruption.

May ALLAH give him the strenght to position Nigeria on the fight track to development, give him wisdom to judge fairly and strengthen our inter relationship across, faith, religion, ethnicity and region.
May grant us peaceful co-existence between regions. Ameen ameen.

princemillla:
Can't help it but weep for this nation.
How long more do we av to dine with the this high level of corruption?

I have to state that before the 2015 elections, I told myself that if GEJ 'won', I would drop my Nigerian passport and change nationality by any legal means possible because there was no more hope for Nigeria. Too much wastage and lack of vision at the expense of millions of Nigerians.

President Buhari is another opportunity to set Nigeria aright.
If Buhari cannot do it then I will finally lose hope for this country. Amen to your prayers. May God give PMB and Nigerians the courage and wisdom to halt corruption, and start breeding a new society of leaders with vision and loyal citizens.

Lalasticlala, This is more important than "Don Jazzy tweets PSquare".

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Standing5(m): 4:22am On Dec 06, 2015
The worst part of the whole picture is the fact that substantial part of monies stolen has been shared loosely. By "loosely" i mean the Obas, Emirs, Chairmen, and strongmen who have been given their own bundle of $250,000(N50m) without having to sign for it. They will simply deny nothing was given to them unlike a Dokpesi whose account is at the recieving end of a recorded transaction. Buhari should double up efforts by building more prison.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by ini4brandon(m): 4:37am On Dec 06, 2015
$47 million...$289million shocked
The punishment I recommend for whoever is found guilty is...CBN should convert the recovered loot from dollars into prevailing naira rate, then provide That naira equivalent in N1coins. Finally Make each person convicted count his/her loot (1N coins)evey day while in jail. Let them touch and feel their money. BTW. It takes 2months28 days to count from one to a million. Naaansense

9 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Lucasbalo(m): 5:08am On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

I have to state that before the 2015 elections, I told myself that if GEJ 'won', I would drop my Nigerian passport and change nationality by any legal means possible because there was no more hope for Nigeria. Too much wastage and lack of vision at the expense of millions of Nigerians.

If Buhari cannot do it then I will finally lose hope for this country. Amen to your prayers. May God give PMB and Nigerians the courage and wisdom to halt corruption, and start breeding a new society of leaders with vision and loyal citizens.

Amen Brother. Am with you on that.

6 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by ibisko04: 5:50am On Dec 06, 2015
This is just a tip, more revelations are coming.
Jonathan government was just for a very lucky few who have their way through the treasury of Nigeria.
That is why they were singing transformation agenda, doing everything possible to make Jonathan win reelection, but thank God for the people of Nigeria.
I know someone who was penniless as at 2011 but became billionaire by 2013 just because he was connected to ask rock by chance and circumstances.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by aieromon(m): 6:05am On Dec 06, 2015
We want more of this investigative journalism. The Central Bank was turned into personal banks for these crooks and they were moving out raw cash,not even bank transfers.

10 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by PassingShot(m): 6:07am On Dec 06, 2015
The type of corruption in Nigeria can only be from Nigeria. Nowhere else in the world can ours take place and the country not become FAILED STATE completely.
SLS captured it well when he said our type of corruption is the worst in the whole world because it's pure stealing.

I have come to realize that the biggest problem in Nigeria is not corruption per se. It is the attitude of the majority of us who are victims of corruption towards those who have pauperized them and future of their unborn grand children. Many of victims of corruption, who complain hourly about poor state of things, are sadly same set of people who defend their oppressors with the last drop of blood in them.

It's very sad that democracy has not helped Nigeria as we thought. It has instead made people to get away with impunity upon impunity.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by princemillla(m): 6:13am On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

You said it all Bro..... Am patiently waiting also

3 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Sweetguy25: 6:50am On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

Says a Biafra agitator....
Did these things begin to happen in 2011 or you're shocked because the journalism was done by a white man?
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 6:55am On Dec 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Did these things begin to happen in 2011 or you're shocked because the journalism was done by a white man?

I am shocked because if the old guard like OBJ, Anenih etc condone and partake in corruption as usual, a shoeless son of a fisherman from the ND creeks with a PhD who got overwhelming masses votes in 2011should have known better and worked for the masses interests but alas...

Under GEJ , Nigeria had the highest revenue ever in its 101 years history. All that opportunity wasted.

36 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Ghandi12: 6:59am On Dec 06, 2015
This is the type of news we have been demanding from our leaders - names, dates, evidences and of course action. We are shedding tears at the ordeal of the cyclist but if we add-up video clips showing circumstances in which lives have been wasted in the NE we may never stop crying.

This is why it is utterly appalling to see people like Saraki able to manipulate justice. Equally unsettling is the helpless appearance of the central government to solve many 'simple' problems.

APC victory is a call to extra-ordinary service of problem solving - they should not be seen to prevaricate or celebrate often. I do not know why they don't see the need to recover loots as a priority at this time when the nation is going through "recession".

Again there are cases of new corruption going on, even under PMB. PMB should please stay at home; lead and monitor his Lieutenants more closely while they also monitor their subordinates.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nicholas Ukachukwu Decamps To APGA From PDP (Photos) / Body Bags: Buhari Dissociates FG From El-Rufai’s Statement On Foreigners / Mohammad Hamid Ansari Visits Nigeria With His Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.