Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians (25617 Views)

The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Mile 12 Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by VickJames(m): 8:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
MrsNgoziKalu:

American too is in debt of course wink and China too. does that mean your Almighty alaibo is better than them? (not that they are not in debt though). grin

hahahahhhahhaah

America doesnt owe its people salary and China doesnt have only 55million naira in circulation.

please, go and pay your civil servants please.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by VickJames(m): 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
Queseda:

There is something in the psychological makeup of Igbos that makes them always go looking for trouble. In the calmest of circumstances they will always do something that would annoy those around them, create conflict and then live in conflict; they seem to enjoy living in conflicts.

As it were, they seem to have death wish and do things that would make those around them to attack them, and or kill them hence gratify their death wish (thanatos).

Consider their relationship with their neighbors. Invariably they would say or do something that even a child knows would irritate those neighbors and do it as if they do not know that such actions irritate people. Consider Obi Nwankanma’s concocted historiography. The man is apparently writing a history of Igbos (as gleaned from the snippets of it that he posts on the Internet). Invariably, he would make claims to the effect that Igbos stimulated what their neighbors did or he would make Igbos have credit for what other Nigerian tribes did. And he would make these self-serving bogus claims as if they are true. He is, of course, lying but presents his lies as if they are substantiated truths! The man writes history as propaganda!

Taking credit for what other tribes did diminish those tribes self-respect; they feel attacked and angry at him and by generalization at all Igbos. Thus, the man’s private behavior has negative public consequences for most Igbos, for other Nigerians who feel insulted by him (in a country where folks indulge in stereotyping behaviors, by all Igbos) attack any Igbo in sight.

And this misguided man is not the only one doing what he does; many Igbos do it. Consider their unreasoning response to Frederick Lugard and his British cohorts. Britons created what is now called Nigeria in 1914. Igbos who hitherto did not have a nation were for the first time placed under one administrative unit hence given a sense of being one people. But instead of being grateful to Lugard for hastening their sense of oneness some foolish Igbos call Nigeria Lugard’s cage; that is to say that they feel caged in a place they would rather not be in.

They flock to other parts of that Lugard’s cage to seek employment! The Yorubas allowed them to come to Lagos, a Yoruba city. Now many of them live at Lagos. Instead of expressing gratitude to their Yoruba hosts some of them now claim that Lagos is an Igbo city! Imagine that cheek!

Yorubas could feel insulted by squatters claiming ownership of their land and attack and kill a few of them and the rest of them would carry their loads on their sorry heads and march to the East. They would not even have the courage to stand and fight to death. When the going gets tough they always run to their tribal enclave.

These people routinely insult Hausas and Hausas, not being as patient as Yorubas are, often pick up their machetes and start slashing at any Igbo in sight.

These people literally ask other people to attack them and when attacked they turn around and see themselves as victims. Alas, the rest of the world does not come to their rescue!

The white man could care less if Africans murdered other Africans, if in doubt see the Sudan, Somalia and East Congo where Africans, as we speak, are butchering each other and the International community give them all the opportunity they need to get rid of themselves from the face of this earth (and leave the damn continent for animals so that white men come on wild life safaris in it).

If other Nigerians start murdering Igbos no African Union or United Nations would come to their rescue and even if they did they would send African soldiers, who are likely to be Muslims and hence participate in killing Igbos some more!

These people are not aware of the real world they live in and talk as if they are invulnerable supermen when in fact they are the most vulnerable group of Nigerians (other Nigerians hate their arrogance and could easily gang up on them and do away with them).

So why do Igbos do these crazy things when they could have peaceful relationship with their neighbors? Why do they go looking for trouble (as Fela Kuti said, trouble de sleep” iyanga” de look for am)?

Fela recognized that pride (iyanga)causes interpersonal troubles; Igbos are” inordinately proud” [/b]and out of their pride insult other folks and those folks also being “normally proud” human beings (all human beings feel proud, in degrees; the neurotic, aka narcissistic and or paranoid personality feels inordinately proud)feel degraded and attack them.

Fela was an insightful musician, not trained psychologist. There is a more psychological process at work in these people’s apparent irrational behavior. They do what they do because of their inordinate sense of inferiority.

Feeling totally inferior and wanting to seem fictionally superior to other persons they make claims that would seem to make them seem superior to other people. Those absurd claims naturally make those they belittle angry, and those attack them.

INFERIORITY FEELING

I am saying that Igbos go looking for trouble because of their sense of inferiority and paranoid level of compensatory superiority (according to Alfred Adler, all human beings feel inferior and compensate with some superiority feeling and quest for power over their world, but the neurotic over does it).

DEATH WISH (OR FREUD’S THANATOS)

It is as if these people have a death wish and must attack other people so as to generate other people’s counter attacks on them, and when attacked they feel persecuted hence feel alive. The pathological ego feels alive when persecuted!

The paranoid person feels alive when he feels attacked and is defensive; if not feeling attacked and persecuted and defensive he does not feel like he is alive!

The paranoid person has not yet learned that a person can feel even more alive by loving himself and those around him. If you want to truly feel alive do what loves other people and what serves people’s interests.

The alternative to Christian agape love for all people is the paranoid attacks on people that generate counter attack for him and he gets attacked and in defending his self feels falsely alive.

For the longest time I could not quite understand this oddity in many Igbos behavior. Finally, I understood it. They engage in their apparent self-defeating behaviors because of mental disorder. They suffer mass delusion disorder (follies adieu, aka group paranoia).

The deluded person takes his private interpretation of reality as reality. He wants to seem superior and powerful, which he is not; he imagines that he is superior and powerful; believes what is not true as true hence is deluded.

The mentally ill person is not operating in the real world; he is living in his personal world, his fantasy world where he is all powerful and invincible.

The sadist part of it all is that even if you understand the dynamics of what is going on in the deluded person’s head and tell him about it he does not get it and continues doing what he does that gives him certain results and continues to get the same results while expecting different results.

[b]Igbos insult other people, make them angry; they get attacked and or killed. They do not want to be attacked and killed; that is, they want different results but they keep doing what generates the old results and get it. This is the definition of mental disorder: doing the same thing while expecting different results. An alcoholic keeps drinking but does not expect to damage his liver and health; poor soul; as long as he is addicted to his drug of choice he must be slowly damaging his liver, brains and killing himself even though he wishes to be healthy and live.

I know that these people are not going to change for part of mental disorder is not to see what is obvious to the normal person. The normal person, as if instinctively, recognizes that if you insult folks that they would be angry at you and that some of them would attack you, but these bizarre folks keep attacking others (by insulting them) and not expecting them to counter attack them in self-defense.

They do not know what they are doing and one is wasting one’s time trying to get them to recognize the obvious.

I suppose this is my mission: to keep stating the obvious until those who wear blinders finally remove their veil and see it; remove the mask over their eyes and see reality as it is. I will never give up on them after all they are my people, and attacks on them, even if self-brought, are attack on me (when folks begin attacking or killing Igbos they will attack or kill me, too). The sins of fathers are visited on their children’s heads. Therefore, I must keep trying to help them smell the coffee and roses.

boring article
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by MrsNgoziKalu(f): 8:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
Armaggedon jst sharap,u knw notin...'ogun has no industries'....the kind of things i read on nairaland.

No mind am. grin
We just need to leave them to live in self denial?
Ogun has no industries. cheesy
sometime, I login to nairaland just for laughs. grin
not to read news and to see how some set of people that are living in fool's Paradise. I wish SE is located in Mars. so it will be inaccessible. grin is it not this same site some iPod tout is comparing Enugu to PH, I need to ask the person close to me that his many Enugu do we have in W/A? this same website one boy said nnewi have over 200 billionaires. *sigh* Ibadan and Abeokuta are shanties bcoz people staying there are not photographers to start snapping each and every duplex in those cities.

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Flyoruboy(m): 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
VickJames:

Can you compare the amount collected by these states to that collected by Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Oyo states.

Is that supposed to be a Jamb question? ? ? Why don't you go ask the Federal govt. her criteria for deciding how much to dole out to each respective state? It's like asking me to compare the federal allocation collected by states in both regions. Besides, even your own SE states that are beneficiaries are still complaining of the said disbursed bailout not being adequate to cover their bills.

http://pulse.ng/local/in-enugu-state-needs-n32-2bn-to-pay-workers-id4218361.html -- yet it got only 4.2billion.

Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has said that his administration needs more than N32. 2 billion to off-set the arrears of workers’ salaries, gratuities, pensions and subventions.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/abia-bailout-cant-cover-payment-of-accumulated-gratuities-nlc/

“The government applied for N39 billion but was given N14.152 billion because the governor even wanted to clear the gratuities but we have a constraint. What the governor may not be able to handle is gratuity. We are praying for more bailout.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by MrsNgoziKalu(f): 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2015
VickJames:

hahahahhhahhaah

America doesnt owe its people salary and China doesnt have only 55million naira in circulation.

please, go and pay your civil servants please.

I ask again! is it about the govt or its people? which one.

lemme play with you small wink
which state is the poorest state in Nigeria?
osun right? wink

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by MrsNgoziKalu(f): 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
scholes0:

Lmao Madam Ngozi I hail o.. Are you in any way related to Mr Nnamdi?

Nnamdi KANU the terrorist? or which one? grin check my siggy

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by VickJames(m): 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
MrsNgoziKalu:

I ask again! is it about the govt or its people? which one.

lemme play with you small wink
which state is the poorest state in Nigeria?
osun right? wink

please play outside,

matured men here
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by MrsNgoziKalu(f): 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
scholes0:

Lmao Madam Ngozi I hail o.. Are you in any way related to Mr Nnamdi?

Nnamdi KANU the terrorist? or which one? grin check my siggy

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Sweetguy25: 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2015
arresa:

You are not making any sane and rational sense and I'll break it down for you to understand and digest.

1. If my economy is bad, terrible and I'm poor, what's their for you to exploit? Why leave the comfort of your own home just to go exploit people with nothing and that you are supposedly better than.

People all over the world including SE people migrate to places with better economic opportunities, places with more to offer than their own home.

You don't leave behind your own home, family, food, culture and way of life just to exploit poor people with nothing to offer you economically.

Yoruba people migrate across Yoruba land for obvious reasons starting from same history, language, culture and tradition, food, way of life, politics and political affiliation and so on.

Instead of asking me why Yoruba people migrate to Lagos, you should be asking yourself why SE people migrate to poor Osun, Ekiti, Oyo and Ogun state if those states have nothing to offer and why the same states don't migrate to SE if SE really have anything to offer the rest of Nigeria.

You're not reasoning with me.

Igbos are good in exploiting and coordinating economic activities for a profit. Given that the south east is home to Igbos, it is expected the economy of the east has already been exploited by the Igbos to the best of their ability. Igbos who can't compete in the east are forced to exploit economies in other areas.
They don't migrate because the eastern economy is bad but because it is saturated and excessively competitive.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by arresa: 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2015
Armaggedon:
you are still using lies to defend your lies. You are delibrately obfuscating. To an average igbo businessman, sw is dead except lagos. stop using the vague term of 'Sw' to feel good. List bubbling cities in west as a sign of better life aside lagos. Even an emmerging one (like nnewi).

SW is dead, but SE people are not only still trooping to every corner of the SW, they are still getting beaten and even begging the people in ordinary Akure to let them stay and keep conducting business in Akure. Obviously, you have more to lose in ordinary Akure for crying out loud..

Stop being ridiculous and face facts..

oyo,osun ekiti ogun are dry states.

Ogun and Oyo state have more industries than all your SE states combined X 10. Do you need proof?

Btw, I'll take you seriously when all the SE people in those states including the ones in Ibadan fighting over EZE leave and exodus back to the SE.

These states have a very tiny middle class. They have no industries, no large markets or big time artisans. Their economy is sustained by civil servant who are hardly paid 'cos the govt has very poor igr base (except propaganda and fake stats)
now can you tell me where your theory of 'disposable income' is coming from?

Ogun state has more multinationals and industries than all your SE states combined.

All your SE states are government salary states, your states collected government bail outs and many can't even pay salaries.

When was the last time any of your SE states commissioned any project? I bet you can't tell us.

Who has the income? Is it the ones fayose are sending to the east to come and learn? Is it the ones nema and winners are sending relief material in osun? Is it the ones in ibadan that celebrate pizza shop with selfies?

Dominos pizzas, KFC, cold stone creamery and others are opening business in Ibadan and across the SW means jobs, taxes, paychecks, better quality of life and addition to the state economic activities and these are the kinds of economic opportunities your SE folks run to the SW to take advantage of.

These entities don't run and manage themselves, they hire workers from servers, waiters, cooks, sign writers, lawyers, accountants, food vendors, cleaners, security and so on. This is pure commerce.

Your argument about income sounds shallow and unintelligent because these businesses and in business to make money, they do market surveys to determine local taste, income and availability of disposable income before investing their money.

Fayose is a comedian and I doubt Ekiti people even listen to his rubbish. You can skip that until you are able to show us the so called ekiti people and their gatherings in SE..

Can't believe Fayose is your source of sane and rational reasoning instead of facts.

american british or chinese expatriates and businessmen that are in nig. Does it mean that nig is richer than their countries? the rule of business is to make profit, profit and more profit! Every business seeks markets that are outsider immediate market. New markets are needed for products. It is only yoruba that get excited seeing foreigners in their land.

Upsidedown argument.

The fact that Nigeria is not better than the countries investing in Nigeria doesn't alter the fact that these same countries invests in parts of Nigeria disposable income, strong middle class presence, educated and skilled manpower, peaceful, secured and tolerant. Preferably the SW and not the SW.

As a Yoruba man, I don't get excited at any foreigners, but the business investments and presence excites me simply because it means jobs, better economic opportunities and way of life for my people.

there are many hausas and yorubas in onitsha and east but stiff competition has condemn to to petty business like agbo selling and shoe maker business. what can u do in a place where natives effectively control their environment and is headed to control yours?
their is no tribalism here. U have no point

SW folks leaving the SW to go sell Agbo in iboland... Stop the comedy abeg..grin

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by MrsNgoziKalu(f): 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
VickJames:

please play outside,

matured men here

Mr. victim.
Your 5 landlocked red mud alaibo villages will always be underdeveloped. you can only deceive yourself and your ilks. grin

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by TruthisGOD: 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
Aufbauh:
Everyone will always love or hate something for a particular reason whether fictitious or real.
We should not also forget the fact that our happiness or otherwise is not dependable on anyone but ourselves. We can generate love or hate for something depending on our strategic positioning.
The Op maybe right in some cases but the factors he mentioned may not just be a sudden occurrences or conscious design to relegate others but a strategic positioning of the people.
The southeasterners cry of marginalisation in critical sectors of the government today is probably as a result of the foundation they have laid after the post civil war. Most of them were not interested in the civil service as they prefers private business and daily earnings.
I could remember when after my primary school in the eighties, most of our best student in the class who are Ibos decline to further and prefer to serve a master of trade.
They probably felt making money through the huddles of schooling is a long process even though they were brilliant in the classroom.
The mentality that the civil service is a slow process of progress as against the quick return from business has been ingrained in them, that is why a typical Ibo man will brag in the street that he don't the government to survive not knowing that the government decide policies and programs that determine the environment for his business.
In my region, the middle belt there's a consciousness and willingness to serve the government especially in the military or paramilitary and that is why in every 10 military or paramilitary men you see, you can count up to 6 or more as a middle beltan.
Those who choose to build a career with patience will always rise through the ranks.
The typical hausa-fulani man is political conscious and that is why they are always eager to know who governs them by participating more in the electioneering processes.
The yoruba is investment conscious, always thinking of what legacies he will bequeath his offspring and not competing against kinsmen and that is why they are patient in their dealings.
The Ibo man thinks of his immediate wealth and worth to showcase before peers and kins and that is why they are more concerned about daily turnover that will boost and build their immediate financial standing.
it is unfortunate that our youths don't like reading. I have been hammering here that u ppl shld know ur history b4 writing online. How can you say the ibos prefer venturing into bussiness than public service? Which people dominated the millitary, public service, private service, educational sector b4 the civil war? After the civil war, Nigeria goverment made sure that ibo didn't gain relevance in these sectors and also by giving them 20 pounds to cripple them. The comtemporary ibo youths, due to unemployment don't need to wait for goverment for jobs, rather the create jobs with their ingenuity. Notwithstanding, we have ibo ppl making serious impacts in all sphere of live, be it sports, entertainment, education, public and private sectors.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by MrsNgoziKalu(f): 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
arresa:

The person you are quoting is mentally unstable.
that's the fact, this isn't defensive argument again, it's foolishness, even a ten years old kid knows that Ogun Lagos and Oyo is the most industrialised states in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Sweetguy25: 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2015
TONYE001:
Apostrophes shouldn't be used to pluralize words.

smiley
Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by arresa: 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
MrsNgoziKalu:

The person you are quoting is mentally unstable.
that's the fact, this isn't defensive argument again, it's foolishness, even a ten years old kid knows that Ogun Lagos and Oyo is the most industrialised states in Nigeria.

I see what you are saying. Their arguments sounds very off and unintelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by MrsNgoziKalu(f): 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
[quote author=VickJames post=40753795][/quote]

it's a free world though.
You are free to type anything gibberish you feel like typing. but you know the reality.

If you (Small iboes) can't beat them (develop), join (run) them. (to their land), grin

Dalu cool

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by MrsNgoziKalu(f): 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
arresa:

I see what you are saying. Their arguments sounds very off and unintelligent.

very very unintelligent.
They said they are the most educated tribe in w/Africa. fine. show us the source of the survey. grin they will start bringing news on how anambla won a primary school debate. grin one fool said osun is the poorest state in Nigeria, fine let's see the proof. cool idiot was bringing news on what aregbesola was saying about osun. is that the kinda of people you will be arguing with. people that said Chinese & Americans are jealous of them. grin

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by arresa: 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
MrsNgoziKalu:

very very unintelligent.
They said they are the most educated tribe in w/Africa. fine. show us the source of the survey. grin they will start bringing news on how anambla won a primary school debate. grin one fool said osun is the poorest state in Nigeria, fine let's see the proof. cool idiot was bringing news on what aregbesola was saying about osun. is that the kinda of people you will be arguing with. people that said Chinese & Americans are jealous of them. grin

All that chest beating most educated tribe and superior nonsense is trash..

They are the most superior and educated, but their towns and villages are still economically depressed and inhospitable to contain them hence must run away to other parts of Nigeria that they are supposedly better than for survival.

The sure have some wild, ridiculous and absurd delusions and imagination..

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by tosyne2much(m): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mynd44:

And that's a pact or a show that the people prefer one candidate over another?

I guess in 2011, the SW had a pact with the SS to vote GEJ right?
Biggest boss, I throway salute oooo cool
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Armaggedon: 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
MrsNgoziKalu:
. See this idiot consoling her/himself. grin no let elders of your village hear you o. they Will beat you mercilessly. cheesy grin it's obvious, you are pained. List bubbling cities in west as a sign of better life aside lagos. Even an emmerging one (like nnewi).Not again. the problem with iboes on nairaland is nothing but noise. I am very sure you haven't been to SW. even Lagos. and your life revolves round nairaland (a mere website)

for you coz you are a nobody and have nothing to offer. . These states have a very tiny middle class. They have no Ask your uncles about this. if any state in SE have more industries than Oyo & Ogun, tell me and I will hang myself. , noise every where. Google top biggest market. you take nairaland serious. grin [s]Or big time artisans. Their economy is sustained by civil servant who are hardly paid 'cos the govt has very poor igr base (except propaganda and fake stats)
now can you tell me where your theory of 'disposable income' is coming from?
Who has the income? Is it the ones fayose are sending to the east to come and learn? Is it the ones nema and winners are sending relief material in osun[/s]? Is it the ones in Your underdeveloped Ibadan have 2 shoprite wink (one is biggest in WA) the only cities that rival it is Lagos & PH, four African class mall, more highbrow estates and neighbourhood than any alaibo state. you won't believe it. that celebrate pizza shop with selfies?

american british or chinese expatriates and businessmen that are in nig. Does it mean that nig is richer than their countries? the rule of business is to make profit, profit and more profit! Every business seeks markets that are outside their immediate market. New markets are needed for products. It is only yoruba that get excited seeing foreigners in their land.

. is it not this same nairaland, your people were celebrating the first flyover in owerri? cheesy
when you learn to argue without cursing, quote me

btw, i am not sure that is the first flyover in owerri. Visit and find out. I think that misinformation is a product of anambra/imo competition
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by olamieseun(m): 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
arresa:

The answer is leadership.

1. We've had SE'ner regional premier. So tell us what the SE premier/Azikiwe did for the SE while Awolowo was building industrial estates from Ikeja industrial to Apapa industrial, Matori, Mushin, Ilupeju and Oluyole industrial.

These industrial estates are still the major industrial powerhouse in Nigeria today, they are still responsible for a major chunk of our industrial output, goods and services.

Today, Procter and Gamble, the worlds largest manufacturer of consumer products have major manufacturing plants in Nigeria. Lagos, Ogun and Oyo state.

The Lagos P&G plant is under construction in the same Ikeja industrial estate created by Awolowo many decades ago.

The Oyo state P&G plant was built Oluyole estate, the same industrial estate Awolowo built many decades ago.

Ogun state P&G plant was built and commissioned by Amosun recently.

These major plants and economic activities like countless others means taxes for the states involved, better jobs and opportunities which is again why people go to the SW for economic opportunities.

2. We've had SE'ner head of state. What did he do for SE? Nothing, in fact he terminated our regional government and sank us into the Federal mess we are in today.

3. We've had SE Vice president

SE Ministers

SE governors

SE ministers

SE senate leaders more than any other region

SE house speakers

SE Ambassadors

SE Sec to the FG

SE heads of Pam Secs

SE Agency director general

SE Managers

GEJ's admin was loaded by SE folks

SE sided with the government in power for 16 years

4. So please tell us what the SE gained from these advantages?

Obviously, SE leadership since day one lacked foresight and failed to lay the needed foundation for the future and today's leadership in SE are not any different.

Today, there's insecurity and unrest in the SE and we are yet to see the leaders from elders to traditional rulers to governors, elected officials in Abuja and socio groups intervene because of the economic negative side effects. Do you see P&G or any sane and prudent multinational investing 1 kobo in the SE?

The best comment have read so far in dis thread, tankQ for dis contributions.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Nobody: 5:43am On Dec 07, 2015
VickJames:

as poor as osun state is, the igbo man you insult will still make millions there and buy your land there.

like the man who came to ilara mokin as just a trader and he has bought a land chunk of land there and doing thesame business which your people are now lazy to do "cocoa".

igbos do not wait for baba ijebu to make money, they use the poor and lazy yorubas to make their monies.

tell the chinese that they should stay in china and not travel around the world to make more money
why are you fond of shifting the goal post?

On one hand, you say igbos don't go to osun cos the state is poverty-stricken. While on the other hand, you say an igbo man only goes there to do business and even buys land there.

Who goes to do business and buys land in a poverty-stricken state? People only go to do business and settle down in a place they find comfortable.

Below is a video of ibos in akure protesting cos their eze got flogged by the deji of Akure. Check out the numbers of the protesters and you wonder what they are doing in a "poverty state". Those are just the able bodied men o, not including their wives and children who now speak yoruba more than the indigenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuVYM1Rz3tc

Go to ogbomosho, ibadan, ogun State to see the population of your people there, yet you claim those are suffering. Why would an ibo man dim it fit to do business with people that can't afford his so-called expensive wares?

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by ideykwum: 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
How bigoted and dull can a person be? You make me ashamed of being a Nigerian!

No point responding to your tripe! People who make blanket assumptions from their narrow understanding often suffer from a silent malaise that is beyond rhetoric!

Aufbauh:
Everyone will always love or hate something for a particular reason whether fictitious or real.
We should not also forget the fact that our happiness or otherwise is not dependable on anyone but ourselves. We can generate love or hate for something depending on our strategic positioning.
The Op maybe right in some cases but the factors he mentioned may not just be a sudden occurrences or conscious design to relegate others but a strategic positioning of the people.
The southeasterners cry of marginalisation in critical sectors of the government today is probably as a result of the foundation they have laid after the post civil war. Most of them were not interested in the civil service as they prefers private business and daily earnings.
I could remember when after my primary school in the eighties, most of our best student in the class who are Ibos decline to further and prefer to serve a master of trade.
They probably felt making money through the huddles of schooling is a long process even though they were brilliant in the classroom.
The mentality that the civil service is a slow process of progress as against the quick return from business has been ingrained in them, that is why a typical Ibo man will brag in the street that he don't the government to survive not knowing that the government decide policies and programs that determine the environment for his business.
In my region, the middle belt there's a consciousness and willingness to serve the government especially in the military or paramilitary and that is why in every 10 military or paramilitary men you see, you can count up to 6 or more as a middle beltan.
Those who choose to build a career with patience will always rise through the ranks.
The typical hausa-fulani man is political conscious and that is why they are always eager to know who governs them by participating more in the electioneering processes.
The yoruba is investment conscious, always thinking of what legacies he will bequeath his offspring and not competing against kinsmen and that is why they are patient in their dealings.
The Ibo man thinks of his immediate wealth and worth to showcase before peers and kins and that is why they are more concerned about daily turnover that will boost and build their immediate financial standing.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Aufbauh(m): 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
ideykwum:
How bigoted and dull can a person be? You make me ashamed of being a Nigerian!

No point responding to your tripe! People who make blanket assumptions from their narrow understanding often suffer from a silent malaise that is beyond rhetoric!

I don't join issues with someone who is faceless that knows nothing about me neither do i.
One thing is instructive that the truth is not for all men but for those who seek it with a sound mind.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
After reading the trash up there....I couldn't see why a reasonable person from SS/SE should protest to that painful truth

But it should be more reason to come together as a people to say 'enough is enough'

More reason to continue to agitate for Biafra.

One dayday the OP or his children shall swallow all this trash.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Obiagu1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
Quote of the Year:

The reasons why Ijaws and other minorities in the South South are “content being Nigerians”
Ignorance and helplessness. That’s all. The minority tribes in Nigeria’s Niger Delta generate a bulk of the country’s revenue but they’re some of the poorest people you can ever find in Africa. Most Nigerians from the west and north barely even know they exist.

By a NigerDeltan.

Definitions:
Stupidity is when you ask for resource control for 50 years out of a 100 years your oil is supposed to last and you keep asking for the same thing when you are not succeeding.

Ignorance is when you don't know that you are jumping head first into a pit full of shit in 50 years time when your only bargaining power is exhausted and you have nothing to show for it.

Helplessness is when you are used and dumped and you have nothing to fall on to and no one cares if you still exist.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Obiagu1(m): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
Why Yoruba's Love Nigeria

As it stands currently, the Yoruba’s are biggest beneficiaries of Nigeria. Why, you may ask? Well this is because they own (or claim to own) Lagos.

How are Yoruba’s benefiting from Nigeria by owning Lagos? This is because 90 percent of all foreign investment that comes to Nigeria goes to Lagos. Lagos is the commercial heartbeat of Nigeria. Everything important about Nigeria’s commercial sector and economy is in Lagos – From the vibrant ports, to foreign missions and embassies, to industries, multinationals, financial sector etc.

Almost all trans-border projects connecting Nigeria to other countries are connected to or only through Lagos.
For example – The West African Gas pipeline, the West African Power Pool, The Lagos to Abidjan Corridor, the West African Cable system and a host of others.

All the 5 submarine cables connected to Nigeria are connected to Lagos. In fact, even a cable linking Cameroun to Nigeria was connected only to Lagos. They skipped, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta and connected it to Lagos. (This may be due to viability reasons)

So, the south west is aware of the development that is coming to them through Lagos and they wouldn’t want to mess it up. Their ownership of Lagos has already made them dominate the organized private sector followed by Igbos. Ogun state is also becoming the most industrialized state in the country. That is why they chose to be patriotic Nigerians. Most patriotic Nigerians are Yorubas.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by arresa: 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Sweetguy25:
You're not reasoning with me.

Igbos are good in exploiting and coordinating economic activities for a profit. Given that the south east is home to Igbos, it is expected the economy of the east has already been exploited by the Igbos to the best of their ability. Igbos who can't compete in the east are forced to exploit economies in other areas.
They don't migrate because the eastern economy is bad but because it is saturated and excessively competitive.

And I'm saying how do you exploit what doesn't exist in the first place? There's never been any worthwhile or meaningful economic activities in the SE hence endless migration of several generations of SE folks to the SW and the North for economic survival.

This migration didn't start today, it started since day one.

The SE is still economically depressed today and it's even worse since decades after decades, investors refused to invest in that region for obvious reasons like what's going with destruction of life, properties, businesses and trucks owned by the Dangote.

And before you come back with any more of your misguided business argument, make sure you're ready to give samples or name at least 5 worthy businesses in the entire east..

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Sweetguy25: 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
arresa:

And I'm saying how do you exploit what doesn't exist in the first place? There's never been any worthwhile or meaningful economic activities in the SE hence endless migration of several generations of SE folks to the SW and the North for economic survival.

This migration didn't start today, it started since day one.

The SE is still economically depressed today and it's even worse since decades after decades, investors refused to invest in that region for obvious reasons like what's going with destruction of life, properties, businesses and trucks owned by the Dangote.

And before you come back with any more of your misguided business argument, make sure you're ready to give samples or name at least 5 worthy businesses in the entire east..

Once again, you fail to reason. You remind me of a nairalander called KoboJunkie, you both have similar argumentative patterns. I cannot keep on having this argument with you. Why are there so many banks in the south east if there is no economic activity there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Tinubu: No Need To Hurl Insults At Rival Parties, We Are Smarter / MC Oluomo Distances Self From N500 Tinubu Stickers Imposed On Tricycles / Catholic Church Writes Tinubu, Sani Over El-Rufai’s Islamisation Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.