Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike (2767 Views)

Throwback Video..."Ojukwu Is A Coward" - General Yakubu Gowon / The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them / Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by BakaSumtin(m): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT WILL IMMORTALISE FORMER HEAD OF STATE, GENERAL YAKUBU GOWON ---GOVERNOR WIKE

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has announced that the state government will immortalise the name of former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon for creating the state and serving as a symbol of national unity.

Speaking at the Government House, Port Harcourt on Saturday when he received in audience Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon and the National Officers of Nigeria Prays, Governor Wike urged the former Head of State to continue to play the role of the defended of the nation's indivisbility and unity.

Governor Wike noted that as a pragmatic leader, he will not wait for the former Head of State to pass away before duly recognising the contributions he made in the creation of Rivers State.
He declared : "Before you leave Rivers State, something will be named after you in order to immortalise your name . It is shocking that no edifice is named after General Gowon in the state years after creation ".
He commended General Gowon for the creation of Rivers State, which has given the people the opportunity to develop and enhance the standard of living of her people.
Speaking further, Governor Wike said : "God is keeping Nigeria today. Without God, Nigeria would have been gone. Every Nigerian created by God should support Nigeria Prays.
"God used you (General Gowon ) to create Rivers. Our administration is anchored on God. With God, we will achieve all our campaign promises we made to the people. For us, the only weapon we have is God ".
Earlier, Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon commended Governor Wike for accepting to host the South-South version of the Nigeria Prays rally. While congratulating Governor Wike for his election, the Former Head of State noted that the programme was aimed at the unity, stability and progress of the nation.

General Gowon stated that the Nigeria Prays rally for the South-South will also pray for the leadership of the country at all level. He pointed out that the rally would pray for God to grant the leaders the wisdom and courage to take the right decisions for the development of the country.
"We are here to pray for the country, its peace, unity, stability and progress ", the former Head of State said.

Also speaking, the National Director of Nigeria Prays, Pastor Moses Aransiola praised Governor Wike for taking the unprecedented decision to immortalise the former Head of State. He said the action of the governor will be rewarded by God who will stabilise his administration.
The Former Head of State was received at the Government House, Port Harcourt by the full complement of the Rivers State Government.

~ Simeon Nwakaudu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by rolexsms(m): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
I see them
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by centyboy: 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
Vanity Upon Vanity... cry
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Deltagiant: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2015
'I'll fight like Ojukwu', said Wike.

Of course he wil tell the genocidist what he would like to hear even as the situation in the country has gone beyond the power of the Plateau killer.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Femolacaster(m): 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
Those never-do-well IPOB almajiris will soon invade this thread to label Wike "yoloba", for associating with Gowon, who stopped biafra in 1970. Ndi nzuzu!
AWON ERANKO GBOGBO!

9 Likes

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by jane0000(f): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
My mother doesn't like General Gowon undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
The history of Rivers(and Bayelsa) state will be incomplete without the mention of General Yakubu Gowon. May God continue to bless him!

Thumbs up Gov Wike

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Yujin(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
'Unity without equality is iniquity' Arcanious Yujin.
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
God bless General Yakubu Gowon, may you live long Sir.

Nigeria will remain one and your efforts at keeping this great nation together shall never be wasted.

Amen.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
This is thoughtful. The first governor of the state, Alfred Diette-Spiff, has the state's Civic Centre, Moscow Road, named after him. How come the man that made him governor doesn't?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by yapapa: 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2015
IPod. your food(Wike) don ready
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2015
Woke should carry all along in Drive s state cos APC are hatching plans to steal it through the back door.
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Ugomba(m): 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2015
Gowon should tell Buhari to stop travelling like a tourist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by size40: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
I don't like Mr Nyesom Wike. But for this statement, I will support him because if not for General Yakubu Gowon who created Rivers state and Cross Rivers state out of the old Eastern region controlled, dominated by the Igbos who then sat on everything meant for us all, by now only GOD in Heaven knows if there will be any man or woman will be living called Efik, Ibibio, Anamg, Ikwerri, kalabari, Okirika, Ijaw, Epeye, Etche etc. We would have been subjected into untold hardship and extermination under Ojukwu, the Igbos and their Biafra. Each time I hear of Biafra, I thank general Yakubu Gowon

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by CHM11: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
size40:
I don't like Mr Nyesom Wike. But for this statement, I will support him because if not for General Yakubu Gowon who created Rivers state and Cross Rivers state out of the old Eastern region controlled, dominated by the Igbos who then sat on everything meant for us all, by now only GOD in Heaven knows if there will be any man or woman will be living called Efik, Ibibio, Anamg, Ikwerri, kalabari, Okirika, Ijaw, Epeye, Etche etc. We would have been subjected into untold hardship and extermination under Ojukwu, the Igbos and their Biafra. Each time I hear of Biafra, I thank general Yakubu Gowon

same song the urhobos, isokos, ogonis, itsekiris, Binis, etsakos, isians etc are singing...imagine biafra?...chai!!!!!
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Bigprozzie: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2015
Ipod will not like this

The Governor of a so called Igbo territory is honoring the conqueror of Biafra

May God bless Gowon

May God bless Rivers State

May God bless Nigeria

Biafra is dead

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Bigprozzie: 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The history of Rivers(and Bayelsa) state will be incomplete without the mention of General Yakubu Gowon. May God continue to bless him!

Thumbs up Gov Wike

I concur sir

Be ready for an attack from the IPOD squad

Cc: lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by yang(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2015
Wike is just digging his own grave

Gowon is a genocidist

He presided over the murder or 3,000,000 biafrans

In saner climes, he will be caught and locked up somewhere forever

Only in the zoo
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Bigprozzie: 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
yang:
[s]Wike is just digging his own grave

Gowon is a genocidist

He presided over the murder or 3,000,000 biafrans

In saner climes, he will be caught and locked up somewhere forever

Only in the zoo[/s]

Lies!

Gowon is a Nigerian Hero and Patriot

He did his job as Commander In Chief

He quashed the enemies of the Nigerian state.

He has a kind heart and I think all Igbos should be grateful to him. If it was a Fulani or Hausa man, the number of dead Biafrans would have been over 10 million.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
Bigprozzie:

I concur sir

Be ready for an attack from the IPOD squad
Guy, attack won't change the fact on ground, neither will it stop Wike and Rivers people to immortalise Gowon.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by vicadex07(m): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
Lalasticlala oooooooooooooooooooh!
grin grin grin
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by TimeManager(m): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
WIKE Although I'm No One Of Your Fans But You Can Take A Bow. SSners Will Forever Be Grateful To Gowon For This Very Special Monumental Magnaminity,SS Yearned For It, They Refused To Be Conscripted And Gowon Obliged Them, Gowon Gave Them The Home Of They Could Call Their Own, Gowon Gave Them The Oppourtunity To Tell Their Own History Themselves.
No Lie Only Truth!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Duru1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
size40:

The above post is mark inherent dishonesty, ignorance and inability to read found among most Nigerians. I do know that Rivers State and Cross River were not the only states created by Gowon.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Warlord3000(m): 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
Haaaaaa shocked
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by jorlons(m): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
Thank you sir for keeping Nigeria one. God was definitely with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
Duru1:

The above post is mark inherent dishonesty, ignorance and inability to read found among most Nigerians. I do know that Rivers State and Cross River were not the only states created by Gowon.
What exactly is your point?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Bibidear(f): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hmmmm,nairaland wants me to become a tribalist,some pple wont lyk this
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by kingzizzy: 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
Bigprozzie:

Lies!

Gowon is a Nigerian Hero and Patriot

He did his job as Commander In Chief

He quashed the enemies of the Nigerian state.

He has a kind heart and I think all Igbos should be grateful to him. If it was a Fulani or Hausa man, the number of dead Biafrans would have been over 10 million.

Gowon is regarded a genocidal killer internationally. If millions have to be killed to keep a country 'one', then that country is not worth having. The people of Rivers don't know that the creation of that state was how Gowon and his fellow northerners stole their Oil wealth and now own 80% of it of the Oil blocs. Only a fool congratulates the thief

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Bigprozzie: 6:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
kingzizzy:

Gowon is regarded a genocidal killer internationally. If millions have to be killed to keep a country 'one', then that country is not worth having. The people of Rivers don't know that the creation of that state was how Gowon and his fellow northerners stole their Oil wealth and now own 80% of it of the Oil blocs. Only a fool congratulates the thief

Regarded as a genocidal killer by who exactly?

Why has he not been tried at the ICJ?

IPOD youths are just so reta.rded

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by kingzizzy: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
size40:

So what your saying is :

"Thank God Gowon! If not for Gowon, those Igbos would have dominated and marginalised us. But now that Gowon has created Rivers States Igbos, Hausas and Yoruba have now dominated us. We have to thank Gowon for keeping Nigeria as one! Now we are 'proper minorities' and have Igbo, Hausa and Yorubas dominating and sharing our oil wealth. Thank you so much Mr Gowon!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Ecoplexus: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
Whatever
Re: Rivers State Will Immortalise Former Head Of State, General Yakubu Gowon - Wike by Dosinspector(m): 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
I would prefer a biafra without this SS people,they should remain with Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Israel Finally Coming To Rescue Ipod, The Lost Tribe Of Israel ( Read This) / Did GEJ Have Dino Melaye In Mind When He Made This Prophecy? / Nigeria To Loss 3 Million Christians Annually_ Theophilus Danjuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.