Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC (28135 Views)

James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper / I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by leoweblinkblog(m): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
End time decision

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by citizenY(m): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hernandez88:
Dn't understand you!

Android phone disgracing me. How do I solve this problem?
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by teebaxy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
INEC and APC are just doing what they want because there is no constitutional backing to what we are experiencing now. May God help us
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by talk2rotman(m): 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
Al dis party thieves sef...Nigeria don suffer! Una no see me b4 una dey force anoda person for deputy ni? Chai
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Lanretoye(m): 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
Xtopherprince:
INEC to Falake..........You are the deputy governor by force!
Falake to INEC.......... Come and carry me nah.
Nonsense boy...lol
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by omogin(f): 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
Haba Na by force again, hmmmm APCist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
So, INEC now hleps political parties pick running mates. They're simply attempting at softening the magnitude of what they have done by appealing to Faleke to retain the position. Faleke should reject it in entirety and continue with the courts. There is no reason why his mandate should not be restored. He is the Governor elect and should not be moved.

2 Likes

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by yyeanqah(m): 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2015
Issoky....I'm here
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Mynd44: 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
Afam4eva:
So, INEC now hleps political parties pick running mates. They're simply attempting at softening the magnitude of what they have done by appealing to Faleke to retain the position. Faleke should reject it in entirety and continue with the courts. There is no reason why his mandate should not be restored. He is the Governor elect and should not be moved.
He can be deputy Governor and still be in court. He does .ot have to file the suit by himself, anyone with a PVC from Kogi can file that suit
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Afam4eva(m): 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mynd44:

He can be deputy Governor and still be in court. He does .ot have to file the suit by himself, anyone with a PVC from Kogi can file that suit
Accepting the deputy position and still be in court is an aberration. You can't be fighting what you are part of.
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by chimchim1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
Its not true. He will remain a Lawmaker and a Gov.
Mynd44:

The moment he is sworn in as deputy governor, he will cease to bep a member of the house of reps and INEC will conduct a bye-election to elect someone who wil finish his tenure. The same way the Governor (in waiting) of Taraba state will be minister until she is sworn in or resigns.
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Mynd44: 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
Afam4eva:

Accepting the deputy position and still be in court is an aberration. You can't be fighting what you are part of.
He does not have to be the one who fikes the suit. Any voter in Kogi can file the suit plus I dont see the sense in him staying as deputy, I will rather stay in the HOR than be a deputy governor but thats just me
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by youngwarlocks: 2:50pm On Dec 06, 2015
tunex23:
sharaap there....ebira man were in Mathematics did you see 25,000 greater than 41,000? Use your common sense

Registered voters are recognised and not PVC, garrit??
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by missKiffy(f): 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2015
I think Faleke should accept this, is it not better than nothing
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by mu2sa2: 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2015
Xtopherprince:
INEC to Falake..........You are the deputy governor by force!
Falake to INEC.......... Come and carry me nah.
You are missing the point. Inec is implying that it has complied with the law, which requires that a governorship candidate must have a deputy governorship candidate. Since it is Inec's position that parties contest elections, not individuals, then it's Apc that can withdraw its deputy governorship candidate. Faleke's withdrawal letter to Inec was therefore futile.
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by kristisking(m): 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hernandez88:
It Good For Democracy.

Meanwhile, my candid advice to Hon. Faleke is that half bread is better than puff-puff. He should take it & see it as stepping stone cos nobody knows tommorrow.

From my point of view, deputy governor position is still good as same as member house of representative.

Wht i dn't knw is that, what will now happen to his house of representative slot if he eventually take the deputy governor post?

FTC for the first time, is no big deal.........maybe make i dey wait for alert from Oga Seun..........lol
I wish he could reason this way, instead he continues to chase shadows. Let's see how it will end. People are just too naive concerning this Kogi election issue. He may end up losing both the Deputy governor and the governorship posts, and that will be 2 - 0
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by baby124: 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
Look at this mad people still making a mockery of themselves. Did Faleke not publicly renounce such and did you people not attempt to get a new deputy who shamed you people. Faleke don't accept it. Go to court. Before the replacement you renounced it. INEC cannot force you to be a deputy. Very disgusted by APC. They are messing with democracy and will put this country on the edge. They will definitely not win in 2019. I hope ACN leaves this Union. It is gross.

3 Likes

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by YaksonFCA(m): 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hernandez88:
It Good For Democracy.

Meanwhile, my candid advice to Hon. Faleke is that half bread is better than puff-puff. He should take it & see it as stepping stone cos nobody knows tommorrow.

From my point of view, deputy governor position is still good as same as member house of representative.

Wht i dn't knw is that, what will now happen to his house of representative slot if he eventually take the deputy governor post?

FTC for the first time, is no big deal.........maybe make i dey wait for alert from Oga Seun..........lol

A deputy Governor in Nigeria is like a spare tyre. U will have basic little to contribute in terms of decision making that s why some States Governor normally give a Ministry to supervise.

As for the Ikeja Federal Constituency Seat at the House of Rep, Upon Faleke's inauguration a rerun will be conducted to fill the vacancy.
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Welcomme: 3:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
Confused state!
Confused country!!
Confused party!!
Lord save us from Apc amd their antics.
Very easy. Yahaya Bello should be sworn in.Afterwards,the Igalas and Okun majority in the state house of assembly should impeach him.
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by miqos02(m): 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hernandez88:
It Good For Democracy.

Meanwhile, my candid advice to Hon. Faleke is that half bread is better than puff-puff. He should take it & see it as stepping stone cos nobody knows tommorow

Wht i dn't knw is that, what will now happen to his house of representative slot if he eventually take the deputy governor post?ol
the new gov may not trust him and may even force him out by impeachment and if he vacates his HOR seat, inec will conduct another election to replace him
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Fanirandele: 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
kristisking:
I wish he could reason this way, instead he continues to chase shadows. Let's see how it will end. People are just too naive concerning this Kogi election issue. He may end up losing both the Deputy governor and the governorship posts, and that will be 2 - 0

the man says he doesn't want deputy, is it by force? i'll rather be in the House of Rep than deputy sef so he has nothing to lose. they are only trying to force him to be deputy because they know if PDP can prove that Bello had no running mate, then the election will be cancelled and a re-run ordered. If Faleke wrote to the party to remove him as running mate as required by the law and they refused to do so this election can be cancelled. in fact both Faleke and Wada have enough points to get the Courts to order a new election. Bello won't last long on that seat.
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Obynolee(f): 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
post=40739452:
According to INEC, James Faleke remains Kogi deputy governor elect despite the latter publicly withdrawing his participation in the elections.

INEC during the early hours of the day declared Yahaya Bello governor elect after his victory in the state's supplementary governorship elections.

Amina Zakari, the INEC national commissioner, declared that Faleke remained Bello’s deputy because his party, the APC, had not withdrawn his nomination even though he had written to the electoral umpire informing it of his intention to pull out of the race.

“Unless the party withdraws a candidate, his letter is not enough, and unless the proper channel is followed which is through the party,” she said.

Faleke was running mate to late Abubakar Audu, and had asked to be declared governor-elect after Audu’s death. He'd also filed a suit against conducting the supplementary elections. The suit had been rejected.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/12/kogi-polls-james-faleke-is-yahaya.html

So Buhari's cousin was posted to Kogi for the dirty job?,and she is now forcing Faleke against his wish
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by 9isguy(m): 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
Fanirandele:

the man says he doesn't want deputy, is it by force? i'll rather be in the House of Rep than deputy sef so he has nothing to lose. they are only trying to force him to be deputy because they know if PDP can prove that Bello had no running mate, then the election will be cancelled and a re-run ordered. If Faleke wrote to the party to remove him as running mate as required by the law and they refused to do so this election can be cancelled. in fact both Faleke and Wada have enough points to get the Courts to order a new election. Bello won't last long on that seat.

Mr lawyer go and sleep
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by sublimes: 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
Fanirandele:

Faleke wrote the APC dissociating himself from the supplementary election, so this election was based on a faulty foundation. I hope the tribunal will do the needful.
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by esoboy875(m): 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
teebaxy:
INEC and APC are just doing what they want because there is no constitutional backing to what we are experiencing now. May God help us
So as deir is no constitutional backing, dey shuld forget abt d election abt?
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by kristisking(m): 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
Fanirandele:

What was he not aspiring for the post of deputy governor before Audu's demise? Is it not the same deputy governorship post that he is to act now, so tell me the difference, besides was the election won and lost before the death of Audu? No! Was he validly norminated to run for the post of governorship in both the main and supplementary election?No! Whose name was submitted to INEC by APC?Did he win the primary and his name substituted with another candidate? No.So your argurement is baseless.
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by sunsewa: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hernandez88:
It Good For Democracy.

my bros ur advice is kwasiokored.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Obiano Blockage; My Men Nearly Shot IPOB Members - Anambra CP Warns / Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu Commissions New Police Command Complex. PICTURES. / Obiano Tours Stanel, Everyday Supermarket & Radopin Mall In Awka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.