Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. (47918 Views)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Please, Any Body Here With A Recent Experience Traveling To Kenya.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by nairacountry(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Otunba4eva:
@nairacountry, you really get mind. You mean u went through those stress with your kids and wife ? You were very lucky your bags weren't snatch by those tout at seme boarders. And with all the boarder to boarder transport you took u have even spend beyond what abc will collect from you. Am imagining those bus u took at tudu aren't even AC buses neither do they serve you any food in the bus, mean while ABC ticket is breakfast and lunch inclusive. Next time just go through ABC transport you will be glad u did.
Although ABC doesn't run faster but u won't have feeling cos there are movies and comedy to keep u laughing, and lucky you if u have to sit with someone that compliment you, then you will both laugh on each other shoulder till u get to your destination. Honestly I enjoy my trip to and fro Accra Ghana.

You are right on the stress issue, it didn't worth it at long run. It was my wife's idea so I never had strong complaint from her end. My kids were busy eating this & that all through.
As for the touts, even "the rock" wouldn't have been able to run with our luggage grin it was massive. Besides it was in d car booth all through, we only trekked crossing d border while driver bribed d customs them and drive through.
In all, it was fun filled

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by ivyT(f): 3:30am On Jan 05, 2016
kidgod:
Pinshure?

... Ok u av added pishure. But I can only see a bus. Is Ghana inside d luxurious bus?

guy u harsh o!*lolz
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by winnerkent: 1:25am On Jan 12, 2016
my traveling to ghana by road was nt stressful bt d problem is am at tudu and i cant even get a good food to eat..just confused no good food for two days now..need help jst stranded
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by ahmedonia4real(m): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
[quote author=Otunba4eva post=41138859]

There are various immigration check point on the way. But the only place you come down is at Aflao boarder, that is the last boarder to enter Ghana and u bring down your luggage for inspection before proceeding on your journey to Accra. As u can see in the pics below [/quote

You will also be asked to come down from bus when you get to Togo boarder, you will be asked to cross the boarder with you leg and ur ticket in your hand. ]
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
winnerkent:
my traveling to ghana by road was nt stressful bt d problem is am at tudu and i cant even get a good food to eat..just confused no good food for two days now..need help jst stranded

Sorry about that, you can get a good food at circle, ask for Odo rice or EDĒ RIČĒ ( I don't know if I got the spelling right) and you can also get other type of Nigerian delicacy right in circle.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
[quote author=ahmedonia4real post=41906219][/quote]

Yes, u are very right u will come down with your ticket to cross the Togo boader.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Satworid(m): 8:49am On Jan 13, 2016
How much was ya transport from Lagos to Accra and what are the things needed if i set to go thank u
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 9:04am On Jan 13, 2016
Satworid:
How much was ya transport from Lagos to Accra and what are the things needed if i set to go thank u

Pls read the post from page one, answers have been provided for your questions there.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by hannesy(f): 4:31am On Feb 07, 2016
Otumba4eva...... Pls ehhh... Ah want to travel to Gh for two weeks hols....can i do with just moi student ID??
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 6:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
hannesy:
Otumba4eva...... Pls ehhh... Ah want to travel to Gh for two weeks hols....can i do with just moi student ID??

Did u mean u didn't have international passport? Your Student ID card is ok, but you will have to pay more for travel fare. And with just ID card you not permitted to travel by air only by road.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Solitin40: 8:48am On Feb 15, 2016
Otunba4eva:
Anyone interested in traveling to Ghana can ask question here, am ready to assist in the best possible way. Just about traveling to Ghana please.
Please where d u exchange naira to cedi
How much is d maximum to exchange?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 9:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
Solitin40:

Please where d u exchange naira to cedi
How much is d maximum to exchange?

It's either you change on the way to Accra or u change your naira to cedis at tudu in Accra. It's very easy they will tell u the current exchange rate there. Ok?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Jodesky(m): 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2016
OP

I'm puzzled by your travel time......... From 9.25am to 12am the next day?. That's some 15hours on the road.

That must have taken the shine off the pleasure of travelling by road for a trip of just 40mins by air. ...

I returned from Ghana to Nigeria once and we arrived Mile2 by 8pm having left Ghana 7am which l still found stressful considering that the distance is less than 350km. Should ordinarily take less than five hours if not for those overzealous immigration pests.

A lot needs to be done by ECOWAS leaders to boost regional cohesion and trade....

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Ugosample(m): 11:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
Jodesky:
OP

I'm puzzled by your travel time......... From 9.25am to 12am the next day?. That's some 15hours on the road.

That must have taken the shine off the pleasure of travelling by road for a trip of just 40mins by air. ...

I returned from Ghana to Nigeria once and we arrived Mile2 by 8pm having left Ghana 7am which l still found stressful considering that the distance is less than 350km. Should ordinarily take less than five hours if not for those overzealous immigration pests.

A lot needs to be done by ECOWAS leaders to boost regional cohesion and trade....

I agree 100 %

The journey is just annoying
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by ada2604(f): 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
Emmanuelstm:
Everything the writer said is right you can get hotel at 4k or 5k with AC it just depend on the area, but east legon is an expensive area, I have being living in Accra for 2 years,
pls pls pls will like to get in contact with, I have plans on going to Ghana to schl and may be stay a while afterwards, pls I will really need lot of information from u. ma number is 08107311191, whatsapp, text or call, plss, tnx
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by goodieuzo: 11:12am On Mar 05, 2016
Jodesky:
OP

Which transport company did you use
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by jimcykhan: 12:23am On Mar 06, 2016
This thread is very educative...I'm planning for adventure trip to Ghana. With my personal car what documents will I need and how good is road?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by samuel051: 5:50am On Mar 06, 2016
Will be in accra by may
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 6:35am On Mar 07, 2016
jimcykhan:
This thread is very educative...I'm planning for adventure trip to Ghana. With my personal car what documents will I need and how good is road?

Ok, cool. But there is a duty u pay on that car to enter Ghana, then pls visit the road safety office to know the required docs to have driving in international routes. But I will advice u go first by road alone to understand the route before going with your car.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by SilverliningTut: 5:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
Can someone give me a clue as to where to change Naira to Cedi when travelling by road to Ghana. I'd also like to know the exchange rate from Naira to cedis. Thanks
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 7:48am On Apr 30, 2016
SilverliningTut:
Can someone give me a clue as to where to change Naira to Cedi when travelling by road to Ghana. I'd also like to know the exchange rate from Naira to cedis. Thanks

read the above, you will find where to change your money.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Emmanuelstm(m): 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
SilverliningTut:

The best place to change money is Ilaconji not sure if the spelling but its the border betwee Benin and Togo u will get the best rate there

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Emmanuelstm(m): 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
ada2604:

pls pls pls will like to get in contact with, I have plans on going to Ghana to schl and may be stay a while afterwards, pls I will really need lot of information from u. ma number is 08107311191, whatsapp, text or call, plss, tnx

I'm truly sorry I couldn't reply on time I was busy sorry and I hope its not too late I tried to add you on Whatsapp so we can talk there
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by SilverliningTut: 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2016
Emmanuelstm:

The best place to change money is Ilaconji not sure if the spelling but its the border betwee Benin and Togo u will get the best rate there
Thanks a lot! That's so helpful
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Emmanuelstm(m): 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2016
SilverliningTut:

Thanks a lot! That's so helpful

You are welcome and also you can change at tudu in Accra or circle also in Accra but the first place I told u have the best rate whenever I compare while travelling to and fro

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by SilverliningTut: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Emmanuelstm:

You are welcome and also you can change at tudu in Accra or circle also in Accra but the first place I told u have the best rate whenever I compare while travelling to and fro
Thanks bro! Please, do you have an idea about the exchange rate now?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Emmanuelstm(m): 1:19am On May 01, 2016
SilverliningTut:

Thanks bro! Please, do you have an idea about the exchange rate now?
Bro the range changes every day but have it in mind that its between 50 naira to 55naira to 1 cedis but its changes as ghana economy isn't stable because as at today its 53 naira to 1cedis.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by SilverliningTut: 5:44am On May 01, 2016
Emmanuelstm:

Bro the range changes every day but have it in mind that its between 50 naira to 55naira to 1 cedis but its changes as ghana economy isn't stable because as at today its 53 naira to 1cedis.
Are you sure? Or you got the information from the internet because someone told me it's 80 to 81naira to 1 cedi
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Emmanuelstm(m): 10:12am On May 01, 2016
SilverliningTut:

Are you sure? Or you got the information from the internet because someone told me it's 80 to 81naira to 1 cedi

That 80 to 81 naira to 1 cedis is the rate of 2 years ago don't listen to old news and if I'm not sure I won't put it here and why would I go and get the info on the internet when I'm here in Accra well I won't say more then this. I'm out
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by mrbishop: 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
Otunba4eva:
Anyone interested in traveling to Ghana can ask question here, am ready to assist in the best possible way. Just about traveling to Ghana please.

Am grateful to the ops for this thread.
Please I would like to board ABC transport to Ghana,and I have only my Voters card.
My questions are
1) can I make the trip with only my voters card

2)Won't the immigration officers asked for my passport even if Abc transport allows me to board with only my voters card?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Ugosample(m): 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
Emmanuelstm:

That 80 to 81 naira to 1 cedis is the rate of 2 years ago don't listen to old news and if I'm not sure I won't put it here and why would I go and get the info on the internet when I'm here in Accra well I won't say more then this. I'm out

On the contrary, don't believe the internet.
As at May, the rates were past 50 already, and right now, we are talking of more than 100 naira to a cedi.The Nigeeism currency is on a downward spiral.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
mrbishop:

Am grateful to the ops for this thread.
Please I would like to board ABC transport to Ghana,and I have only my Voters card.
My questions are
1) can I make the trip with only my voters card

2)Won't the immigration officers asked for my passport even if Abc transport allows me to board with only my voters card?

Yes you can, the difference is that u will be paying more at the departure. Yes you will pay more money for the transport fare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" / Teenage Boy Packaged Into A Suitcase, To Be Smuggled Into Spain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.