Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. (47819 Views)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Please, Any Body Here With A Recent Experience Traveling To Kenya.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by francisbarrack(m): 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
Otunba4eva:

Yes as the time I travelled. Due to fuel scarcity as at now I can't say if there is an increase in the fare right now. I can still give u their customer care line to make enquiry if u intend traveling soon.

How much is there visa if I want it on my passport. How will L go about it pls
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by mabelpat: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2016
@otunba4eva i will like to talk to you personally i mean make some enquiries,will be going to ghana in few weeks time. will appreciate your response asap. thanks
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 8:42am On Nov 11, 2016
mabelpat:
@otunba4eva i will like to talk to you personally i mean make some enquiries,will be going to ghana in few weeks time. will appreciate your response asap. thanks

No wahala, ask ur question here I will answer to the best of my knowledge so that others can benefit from same.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by lymelyte(m): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
Please abc transport still functional? I will be going Ghana "one way" no return ticket. How much will I pay? And please where is their office in Lagos island?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 9:00am On Nov 23, 2016
lymelyte:
Please abc transport still functional? I will be going Ghana "one way" no return ticket. How much will I pay? And please where is their office in Lagos island?

Oops, there are some questions u don't need to ask, true. If u read my post carefully you will get the address of the transport company. They have many branches in Lagos but I think their park for Accra trip is at second rainbow. Go there u will get necessary information. Mind u I don't travel to Accra everyday and it's possible there are little changes. I made that trip December 2015. Furthermore u can always Google to find more information about them and the closest Abc park to you.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by sKeetz(m): 6:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
I am planning to go to ghana next week. Do you know the current transport fare?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
Emmanuelstm:
That is just it, he already supplied you with all the information you need. You are welcome to Ghana one of the most peaceful country in the world
pls emmanuel..can i ask u a question?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by dyleye: 4:51am On Jan 24, 2017
Needs further help getting to Ghana and staying for a month or at the least possible cost. 08095688405
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Emmanuelstm(m): 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2017
markkaycee:
pls emmanuel..can i ask u a question?

Ok you can ask
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by honestpoju: 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hi all. I have an international passport, and a national id, but I wouldnt want my passport stamped. Is that doable? Have been told, it casting when you want to apply for countries like us, UK ,Canada etc... Ghana is not an international travel place when compared to the earlier mentioned countries. Bottom line is that can I just use my national Id card ? Also can I budget of #100,000 be sufficient for 5-7 days transport inclusive. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by honestpoju: 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hi all. I have an international passport, and a national id, but I wouldnt want my passport stamped. Is that doable? Have been told, it casting when you want to apply for countries like us, UK ,Canada etc... Ghana is not an international travel place when compared to the earlier mentioned countries. Bottom line is that can i just use my national Id card ? Also can a budget of #100,000 be sufficient for 5-7 days transport inclusive. Thanks
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Rocorleone: 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
honestpoju:
Hi all. I have an international passport, and a national id, but I wouldnt want my passport stamped. Is that doable? Have been told, it casting when you want to apply for countries like us, UK ,Canada etc... Ghana is not an international travel place when compared to the earlier mentioned countries. Bottom line is that can i just use my national Id card ? Also can a budget of #100,000 be sufficient for 5-7 days transport inclusive. Thanks

I don't think it's casting having your passport stamped at the Ghanaian border because you want to travel to UK. Instead it adds to your travel history. I too will be travelling just to stamp my passport and return. If you have any other suggestions do let me know. Thanks
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 11:42am On Apr 06, 2017
honestpoju:
Hi all. I have an international passport, and a national id, but I wouldnt want my passport stamped. Is that doable? Have been told, it casting when you want to apply for countries like us, UK ,Canada etc... Ghana is not an international travel place when compared to the earlier mentioned countries. Bottom line is that can I just use my national Id card ? Also can I budget of #100,000 be sufficient for 5-7 days transport inclusive. Thanks

Well, I guess it should be ok excluding ur cost of flight. Budget between 8-10k per night for hotel. Then use the remaining change for feeding.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Ugosample(m): 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
Rocorleone:

I don't think it's casting having your passport stamped at the Ghanaian border because you want to travel to UK. Instead it adds to your travel history. I too will be travelling just to stamp my passport and return. If you have any other suggestions do let me know. Thanks

You are right
Even Europeans take the visas and stamps at the borders and it does not affect them at all.
Some even like it.
The more stamps on your passport the better (no disadvantage whatsoever)

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Rocorleone: 11:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 07, 2017
l love this thread really learn a lot.....am now thinking of visiting Accra Ghana after my final year paper in school by June
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by 3rdavefarms(m): 2:07am On May 15, 2017
Ghana I come next week so help me God
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by 3rdavefarms(m): 2:08am On May 15, 2017
Ghana I come next week so help me God

#TRUEAFRICANBOY
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by ibkgab001: 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
Yes we trust you 3rd boss boss

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by 3rdavefarms(m): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
I thank God for the journey mercies

Thanks @otunba4eva

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by KINGTELLER: 10:42am On Jun 08, 2017
3rdavefarms:

Thanks @otunba4eva
How much did it cost you for tfare from Lagos to Accra.
Also, is it true ones passport gets stamped at every country borders entry and exit?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
I want everyone on this thread to watch out for my next travel write up, guess what? I just return from Victorial Falls! One of the seven wonder places of world! It was fun, fantastic and fascinating. I bet you, you will like to be there.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
3rdavefarms:

Thanks @otunba4eva
are you in accra..lets meet up

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by 3rdavefarms(m): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
markkaycee:
are you in accra..lets meet up

Oh no we can't thanks
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by NoLotty7(m): 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by NoLotty7(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ghanaians hate Nigerians, both male and female exception of older women and the men that have either stayed in Nigeria or travelled out of their country .

Make l stop sha
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
NoLotty7:

Hahaha, always the same once any one cross border.

I'm back to Nigeria since
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Oma500(f): 9:49am On Jul 18, 2017
Pls how many hours from lagos to Ghana am asking bcoz I intend travelling dis weekend but am a lil bit scared bcoz I hate to sit for a vry long tym nd I don't ve any idea of how long I will be sitting for
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by yhungbrowhne(m): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2017
great one bro
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Harzontorh: 11:33am On Jul 18, 2017
Oma500:
Pls how many hours from lagos to Ghana am asking bcoz I intend travelling dis weekend but am a lil bit scared bcoz I hate to sit for a vry long tym nd I don't ve any idea of how long I will be sitting for

Book 10-12 hours in mind (plus stops at each borders, Seme+Hillacondji+Aflao and voila you are in.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by ceeteed(m): 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
Enjoyed the discuss here.

Interesting and educative.

Planning to travel to Accra, Ghana for a Program soon.

Will be delighted to have updated information (as of now) on:

1. What I need to get ready to travel by road and recommended Transporter

2. What hotel is recommended and affordable, neat and near or around Ghana national museum (bed and breakfast budget of N5k to N7k daily)

3. Current exchange rate of Naira to Ghana and best place to change the cash

4. Average Taxi rate

5. Recommended food and places to visit to make a 5 days stay enjoyable

6. Security details to pay attention to

7. Any other relevant information for an interesting cross countries trip.

Thank you.

Harzontorh:

Book 10-12 hours in mind (plus stops at each borders, Seme+Hillacondji+Aflao and voila you are in.
Otunba4eva:
I want everyone on this thread to watch out for my next travel write up, guess what? I just return from Victorial Falls! One of the seven wonder places of world! It was fun, fantastic and fascinating. I bet you, you will like to be there.
Emmanuelstm:

Ok you can ask
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Harzontorh: 1:11am On Aug 02, 2017
ceeteed:
Enjoyed the discuss here.

Interesting and educative.

Planning to travel to Accra, Ghana for a Program soon.

Will be delighted to have updated information (as of now) on:

1. What I need to get ready to travel by road and recommended Transporter

2. What hotel is recommended and affordable, neat and near or around Ghana national museum (bed and breakfast budget of N5k to N7k daily)

3. Current exchange rate of Naira to Ghana and best place to change the cash

4. Average Taxi rate

5. Recommended food and places to visit to make a 5 days stay enjoyable

6. Security details to pay attention to

7. Any other relevant information for an interesting cross countries trip.

Thank you.

Answers:

1. You'll Need your Travel Documents e.g Passport and yellow vaccination card. if none, then have at least your I.D Card.

2. Hotels options are plentiful near the museum .. try google 'Paloma Hotel Spintex' if its expensive... then am sure you would surel get cheaper options around.

3. (One) 1 Ghanaian Cedi equals
82.91 Nigerian Naira (you can google that). Change cash at Aflao border if possible.. or right from Nigeria (at probably car park) Change with Hausas only pls (experience*).

4. Taxi costs Between Gh5 to Gh10 ( including Uber Taxis).

5. Almost all main Restaurants in the city centre are cool. Then the food depends on your choice. varieties from Kenke to Waakye to Desserts to Swallows back.. Depends on type of restaurants. Walk down the Streets of the Castle Ridge. Visit the Independence Square and Take Pictures there (Its a Must!).

6. Don not go near Ghettos.. any dirty place in Accra is no go area. And never near dark places t night. Accra is well Illuminated at night so follow Lights as Light is Life.

7. Smile always.. Do not try taking photos at borders. (if you go by air then make sure you book morning fight and its itenaries).
*You may also consider not showing your passport at all at Aflao border.. especialy when you are going in (5-10 cedis is enough for the 'stress' Nigerian Passport pass trough at that border').

P.S : Chairman Pack your Bag, You are Good to Go !

Are you delighted Sir/Ma ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America" / Nigerians In Netherlands / Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.