Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. (47872 Views)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Please, Any Body Here With A Recent Experience Traveling To Kenya.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by damsie(f): 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
Please I need to know what obtains travelling to ghana now, this was posted in 2015. Please anyone? I want to know what the total budget is like, hotels, services etc.

Please help a sister
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
damsie:
Please I need to know what obtains travelling to ghana now, this was posted in 2015. Please anyone? I want to know what the total budget is like, hotels, services etc.

Please help a sister

Ok, I don't think traveling to Ghana is hard despite posting this in 2015. Although I heard sometimes ago that Nigeria will need a visa to enter into Ghana, but I don't think it's possible because both Nigeria and Ghana are west African countries, and by virtue of been under a governing body of ECOWAS, all west African countries are VISA FREE for Nigerians.

Well, I will advice you get an international passport first to make it easier. Secondly if u are traveling by Air go to MM1, there is a particular Ghanaian airline that fly to Accra daily, from there you can make enquiries of what u needed to fly. If u are going by road check ABC transport at festac area or Efex transport at yaba or iyana Ipaja and make enquiries. Lastly u will need a vaccination card also known as yellow card.
With all this above I believe u are good to go. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
Otunba4eva:
You can get an hotel in Accra from 4k upward depending on the facilities of the hotel. Internet subscription I tell you is very cheap. Ghanaians has varieties of food don't be scared you will enjoy your meals. I will advice if you are traveling by road go with ABC transport or EFEX executive.
your head is valid.. I prefer going to Ghana with Efex and coming back with ABC..
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
Anyone doing business in Ghana? I'm planning to relocate. Please what's the business life like there?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Ugosample(m): 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
eosigwe:
Anyone doing business in Ghana? I'm planning to relocate. Please what's the business life like there?

I hope you know Ghana is a very expensive country

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Ugosample(m): 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2017
Harzontorh:

Answers:

1. You'll Need your Travel Documents e.g Passport and yellow vaccination card. if none, then have at least your I.D Card.

2. Hotels options are plentiful near the museum .. try google 'Paloma Hotel Spintex' if its expensive... then am sure you would surel get cheaper options around.

3. (One) 1 Ghanaian Cedi equals
82.91 Nigerian Naira (you can google that). Change cash at Aflao border if possible.. or right from Nigeria (at probably car park) Change with Hausas only pls (experience*).

4. Taxi costs Between Gh5 to Gh10 ( including Uber Taxis).

5. Almost all main Restaurants in the city centre are cool. Then the food depends on your choice. varieties from Kenke to Waakye to Desserts to Swallows back.. Depends on type of restaurants. Walk down the Streets of the Castle Ridge. Visit the Independence Square and Take Pictures there (Its a Must!).

6. Don not go near Ghettos.. any dirty place in Accra is no go area. And never near dark places t night. Accra is well Illuminated at night so follow Lights as Light is Life.

7. Smile always.. Do not try taking photos at borders. (if you go by air then make sure you book morning fight and its itenaries).
*You may also consider not showing your passport at all at Aflao border.. especialy when you are going in (5-10 cedis is enough for the 'stress' Nigerian Passport pass trough at that border').

P.S : Chairman Pack your Bag, You are Good to Go !

Are you delighted Sir/Ma ?

Nice advise.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by cutieme(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
Ugosample:

very expensive than ivory coast?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Ugosample(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2017
cutieme:
very expensive than ivory coast?
In my opinion, yes
But if you get something good doing in Gh, that will be wonderful.
But financing your stay from Nigeria na die
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by cutieme(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
Ugosample:

In my opinion, yes
But if you get something good doing in Gh, that will be wonderful.
But financing your stay from Nigeria na die
Ok
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
Ugosample:

Lol. Nigeria is not a cheap country either.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by nikkycool(f): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
TheCongo2:

I just love to read stories like the one you have posted on the thread. Thanks for posting your story. I wish your narration was a bit longer and that is why I asked you for the script at the checkpoints. I am not into any shady business and I don't even live in Nigeria.
I really love this thread cos I plan on doing something like this anytime from now.Can you give the name of the hotel and how you change currency and any other information.Thanks.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by cutieme(m): 7:45am On Sep 13, 2017
well,i don't know if anyone here know the day to day living standard of things in Takoradi in.ghana.Accra i learnt is very expensive likewise kumasi so ,i'm turning towards takoradi to know what is obtainable there in terms of accomodation and generally living standard and businesswise too,thanks.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by olystic: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2017
At a hotel now at Ghana. Please when going to Ghana avoid Efex express transport d driver wasted our time, he do stop at any place and he take lot of time to settle them at the boarders. Go to their park at 6am and d bus left d yaba park to iyana Ipaja by 0930 and left ipaja by 1100. Got to their park at gh by after 12

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by olystic: 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
There Are no cheap hotels in Accra single rooms with shared bath 90ghc not good

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by olystic: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
smithsydny:
your head is valid.. I prefer going to Ghana with Efex and coming back with ABC..

Efex is not okay oh their service is poor

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Ugosample(m): 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
olystic:

Check www.jovago.com

you'll see good deals

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by gentlebullet(m): 4:12am On Oct 06, 2017
olystic:

Efex is not okay oh their service is poor

cos when u boarded Efex, the bus didn't leave Lagos earlier than u anticipated, the driver having to stop frequently during the trip and delays at the borders doesn't mean their service is poor. if u have been a regular traveler on the west African route u will understand that trips do come with different challenges day by day. I have traveled Lagos to Accra over the years for an average of 16 times yearly since 2006 till date and I patronised transport coys until 2015 before I started driving myself to and from GH. so far, I can recommend Efex, young shall grow, Solomons chariots, and Guo motors ahead of ABC, cross country, chisco, and the rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by gentlebullet(m): 4:26am On Oct 06, 2017
olystic:
it depends on the part of Accra u wanna lodge. I know of bed space with shared bath & toilet in Accra that goes for Ghc7 per nite. there are hotels rooms with ac for Ghc 35, 45, 50, 60 per day in asylum down, kanda, mamprobi, kaneshie north, odorkor, mallam junction, weija, nugua, tieshie. just do your search well. if you ask a taxi driver to take u to a moderate hotel in Accra, for the fact that you are a Nigerian he believes u are loaded and mind u, for every guest an Accra taxi driver introduce to any hotel, he gets a % of the room rate so he will definitely take you to one that's pay higher %. as I type right now, am in busua beach resort, busua in western region 3 hours away from elubo border. I just got in from Abidjan last note.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by NaturalNerd(m): 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
By road, how many hours to Ghana and how safe is it, please? Yea, and how much to as fro. Thank you.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by EASY1994: 9:20am On Dec 10, 2017
please how much is hotel in tamale
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
EASY1994:
please how much is hotel in tamale
Between 7-10k u can get a good hotel in tamale. I know it will more cheaper than Accra anyway.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
NaturalNerd:
By road, how many hours to Ghana and how safe is it, please? Yea, and how much to as fro. Thank you.

Cos of the immigration and stop over, let say between 10- 12 hours by ABC luxurious buses but let say about 9 hours for smaller buses.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Gracely7th(f): 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Ignatism: 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
I am thinking of buying goods from Lagos to supply in Ghana hence 1Cedi is about N80, Though I have not been to Ghana but my mind tells me I can make reasonable gain going by the fact that Cedi is greater than Naira in exchange rate.
Honesty I need advice from anyone that goes to Ghana or living in Ghana.
Please I need your advice.
Thanks.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
Waoh

I really enjoyed reading through the thread. Kudos to Otunba4eva, Ugosanple and others who tried their best to answer questions.

I'll love to put Ghana in my travel budget for next year, as Ajala d traveller wey I be... Only been to places within Nigeria though

I've got an international passport.. My question z, considering the current exchange rate, what should be the likely budget rate for a 5days trip to Ghana, to and fro

A decent hotel, transport to n fro, visit few places within that period plus feeding... Just these few things, I no b olojukokoro

Then, which places will be interesting to visit without spending much..

Thanks
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by 360command: 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
Gracely7th:
Please can I fly to Ghana without a passport?
What's the flight fee?
not possible except deportation, passport missing but you need proof... It is not possible... Get your passport please
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by 360command: 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
honestpoju:
Hi all. I have an international passport, and a national id, but I wouldnt want my passport stamped. Is that doable? Have been told, it casting when you want to apply for countries like us, UK ,Canada etc... Ghana is not an international travel place when compared to the earlier mentioned countries. Bottom line is that can I just use my national Id card ? Also can I budget of #100,000 be sufficient for 5-7 days transport inclusive. Thanks
there is no casting. People talk as if they are the ambassador... My bro who traveled to UK, Dubai tried applying for America was denied . I traveled to GH and I got America visa...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by popizaino(m): 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
cutieme:
well,i don't know if anyone here know the day to day living standard of things in Takoradi in.ghana.Accra i learnt is very expensive likewise kumasi so ,i'm turning towards takoradi to know what is obtainable there in terms of accomodation and generally living standard and businesswise too,thanks.
in order of most expensive to least expensive city in ghana Takroadi comes first follow by Accra then kumasi.The recently found oil in Takroadi has made the prices of commodities and standard of living higher than normal. it is still by far way more expensive than accra.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Pascallino90: 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2018
Please i am planning on travelling to ghana by 1st week feb on vac for 3 days, pls is the Yellow card very neccessary. i only have my passport.. how can i get one
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2018
Gracely7th:
Please can I fly to Ghana without a passport?
What's the flight fee?

No u can't. U need an international passport because of the immigration at the airport
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:
Waoh

I really enjoyed reading through the thread. Kudos to Otunba4eva, Ugosanple and others who tried their best to answer questions.

I'll love to put Ghana in my travel budget for next year, as Ajala d traveller wey I be... Only been to places within Nigeria though

I've got an international passport.. My question z, considering the current exchange rate, what should be the likely budget rate for a 5days trip to Ghana, to and fro

A decent hotel, transport to n fro, visit few places within that period plus feeding... Just these few things, I no b olojukokoro

Then, which places will be interesting to visit without spending much..

Thanks

Hmm, as for me who is a low key person , u can budget between 80-100k because to and fro with passport by road should be around 30k or thereabout. Use the remaining for hotels and feeding. U can see moderate hotels for 7k any way.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
Pascallino90:
Please i am planning on travelling to ghana by 1st week feb on vac for 3 days, pls is the Yellow card very neccessary. i only have my passport.. how can i get one
Yes u will need it , otherwise u will pay extra at the POE. So go get urs at ikeja pls to avoid story that touches

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO / Man Cries, Tries To Resist Deportation (Photos) / Bandits Attack Kaduna Airport, Stop A Lagos-Bound Aircraft. Kill One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.