Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) (34317 Views)

Deaf Man Builds Locally Made Tipper Truck In Anambra (Photos) / Man Builds An Aeroplane Model In Anambra State Using Scrap Materials. Photos / Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by mapet: 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

Monkey spited and spotted

Whatever this means...
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by mapet: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
MARKone:
Sorry my brother, this is Nigeria where talents are not encouraged neither is it supported. They called you are Boko Haram member, what do you except from myopic lawmakers who knows nothing other than their self aggrandisement. The military could also benefit from this technology, in terms of building miniature bomb defusing robots, instead of using their bare hands to excavate bombs!!! But alas "this is Nigeria"

Bros,

FYI

1. The Nigerian military do have robots to detect and defuse bombs
2. There complex situation where you need the use of your hands to defuse a bomb
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by MARKone(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
mapet:

Bros,

FYI

1. The Nigerian military do have robots to detect and defuse bombs
2. There complex situation where you need the use of your hands to defuse a bomb

Of course I know, but we, including the Military need to encourage local content, is it not what is being preached. Are the Robots currently being used by our security body manufactured in Nigeria?, for how long will we continue to furnish and encourage foreign goods/ technologies, while we have brains here who can fabricate and develop similar technology.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by voltront: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
You hit the nail squarely on its head. For how long are we going to be hailing toy makers as innovators. What can this "excavator" do, pack dust? please lets post things that are useful . Nairaland has lost touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chinchum:
Sorry to say, this is bullshiit, with all due respect mr Fidelis.

Dont reinvent the wheel, i am no hater.

Nigeria needs INNOVATION, not trying to compete with oyinbo, you will never win, this piece of metal is PLAYING TO THE GALLERY.

We NEED LOCAL TECHNOLOGY TO VERY PECULIAR LOCAL NEEDS.
How about designing cheap but efficient and effective local threshers for our maize and rice farmers ?

How about moving scarecrow for rice farms to scare birds from eating up? e.t.c

Designing planes, helicopters, and excavators in a 3rd world country in 2015 is not harnessing your technology to suit pressing needs.

EDIT: I expect village idiots to view this with their tribalistic lens. The shallow ones are even asking what have i built This post is for sensible individuals, and it is as constructive as it can get. lipsrsealed

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
IGBO this, IGBO that. MEHN,IGBOS,BIAFRANS ARE BLESSED.Mineral,human,intellectual, \u00E4htl erh\u00E4lt.C
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by TruthisGOD: 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
mapet:

OK young man, this is about putting issues in proper perspective and not some whinning about what problems abound. Do we have talented folks? Yes, and abundantly. Have they put their talent to use in Nigeria? Yes and a lot. Is that "Toy" the first "invention" in Nigeria? Hell NO!!! Is that the limit of Nigerian's talent capacity? hell NO!!!

How can you all be celebrating this "Feat" beats me, when people have done things way more challenging. Need I add that that "invention" is not novelle and probably of little use in today's technology advancement. If we talk about what should we call invention, an example is a young Notherner few years ago who built an helicopter, or the other guy from the east who built a drone.....
Building helicopter and drones that are not marketable is complete rubbish. It doesn't turn the economy round. You build these things but still import stuffs like electric bulbs and matches. These are the things that create jobs and make a country rich, not ammunitions.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by elmajor(m): 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
chinchum:
Sorry to say, this is bullshiit, with all due respect mr Fidelis.

Nigeria needs INNOVATION, not trying to compete with oyinbo, you will never win, this piece of metal is PLAYING TO THE GALLERY.

How about designing cheap but efficient and effective local threshers for our maize and rice farmers ?

Designing planes, helicopters, and excavators in a 3rd world country in 2015 is not harnessing your technology to suit pressing needs.

EDIT: I expect village idiots to view this with their tribalistic lens. The shallow ones are even asking what have i built This post is for sensible individuals, and it is as constructive as it can get. lipsrsealed

Sorry, I don't mean any harm. I wouldn't call that excavator an invention cuz it's been invented already. But don't u think Fidellis Nwachukwu's ability to build an excavator is a welcome development? This is one of the equipment Nigeria import at a very high cost. If someone can construct such equipment in Nigeria, wouldn't it save us some dollars? If Fidellis Nwachukwu is encouraged, more construction and probably, inventions will come up. I believe creativity starts with imitating, then invention. So, building excavators in Nigeria is not out of order; we need the equipment at least, for drainage.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by wiseoneking: 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
constance500:
an hausa guy once did something similar and was broadcasted on nta, so y are the yibhoes feelng like they are the first to create one.
hausa man did, now igbo man, only yoruba man is missing. WHY?
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 3:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
wiseoneking:
They are politicians what's matta U eh?? Lolo
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
elmajor:

Sorry, I don't mean any harm. I wouldn't call that excavator an invention cuz it's been invented already. But don't u think Fidellis Nwachukwu's ability to build an excavator is a welcome development? This is one of the equipment Nigeria import at a very high cost. If someone can construct such equipment in Nigeria, wouldn't it save us some dollars? If Fidellis Nwachukwu is encouraged, more construction and probably, inventions will come up. I believe creativity starts with imitating, then invention. So, building excavators in Nigeria is not out of order; we need the equipment at least, for drainage.
I'm an Engineer and I know also fre people on here are.now if this realy loads and offloads the there is a posibility if an invention. Might be by mistake but there is.I would like to draw our attention to the Hydrolic pumps.There are vast rooms for invention. I'm lucky to have worked for a coy in the past called HFS. They maintain diff types of Hydrolic fleets.They are always researching the next machine to fit their pumps.Even modern day grabs use Hydrolic same as craines.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by fart: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
this is the definition of unemployment. if I didn't have work by now I would have built a rocket.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by frank043(m): 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
That's a model of a tractor shovel, and I do not really and sincerely see anything different or special when compared to the bigger version. All you need do is to have a clear look at the bigger version and scale down the model.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by uncleade(m): 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
[quote author=EVILFOREST post=40795318]
Yeaaaa we really know.
IGBOS and those agitating for BIAFRA should know that we are not doing badly as Igbos.
After all, this same TRIBE embarked on a ravaging CIVIL WAR, came out Of it still, energetic and Stronger .

This is what keeps me going as an IGBO man.
We have grown to challenge people who betrayed and oppressed us ACADEMICALLY, despite the war.
We went further to overtake many. That's why the ENVY is brewing.

We punish the EARTH by erecting edifices every corner of this country with the believe we are Nigerians, yet we are treated with disdain and levity.
A typical IGBO man is more of a true Nigerian than any other neighbour.

Did I hear u right?YOUR BEAUTIFUL LADIES or what did u say.while your your so call beautiful ladies are the most useless and cheapest ladies in africa.pls take a move to Benin republic,Togo,Burkina faso or cote d'ivoire.where your igbo ladies gives their sex in exchange for petty CFA.and some of this petty CFA goes to their boys counterpart who are also in to another odd job,Yahoo Yahoo.What a shame.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by uncleade(m): 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
[quote author=tonychristopher post=40796117]
Can I hear u right?YOUR BEAUTIFUL LADIES or what did u say.when igbo ladies are the most useless and cheapest in Africa. pls take a move to Benin republic, Togo,Burkina Faso or Cote d'ivoire.and see how your ladies gives out their sex in exchange for petty CFA.and the worst of it is that the dirty money that comes out of of this dirty work goes to their boys counterpart who uses it in their turn for another odd job.that's yahooyahoo.what a big Shame?
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by omegatwelve: 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by mekonglobal(m): 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
[quote author=chinchum post=40788161]Sorry to say, this is bullshiit, with all due respect mr Fidelis.

Who says u cant become an instant hero if can atleast develop any of those u made mention of...By d way, can pls tell me hw Japan and China started their technological development.....(PHD) pull him down syndrom........SMH
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by oluwasegun007(m): 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
wen technology is fully introduced into th country, the igbo man will benefit the most.....dem lik technology..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by OFFICIAL336: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Please research on Project Andoni. NNS Andoni was the first indigenous warship ever built by the Nigerian Navy. But do you know who made it possible? Do you know who designed the prototype? Do you know the Engineers and Chief Engineer? I guess you don't know, but a little research will be helpful. I av lost a lot of links on that project, but this will be useful
www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-18300358
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by janefrancisca(f): 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Just wait in about 1 hour another thread of a Nigerian Fraudsters and Drug peddler will hit the frontpage. And 90% of the people commenting in this thread will be no where to be found.
Bad belle tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by janefrancisca(f): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
[quote author=uncleade post=40811953][/quote] cheap and useless yet una go dey pursue dem lyk fly wey dey follow shit. see as hatred don use you tie iro and buba finish...mtscheww
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by janefrancisca(f): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
wiseoneking:
If i hear say hausa man did..does ko.. .didn't ni..him don sell suya finish... grin tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by mapet: 8:21am On Dec 09, 2015
TruthisGOD:
Building helicopter and drones that are not marketable is complete rubbish. It doesn't turn the economy round. You build these things but still import stuffs like electric bulbs and matches. These are the things that create jobs and make a country rich, not ammunitions.

Ok, I guess we are on different wavelength, reasoning-wise, but all the more interesting. You think building an helicopter is not marketable?.......I don't know how I can explain this to you beyond this. A capacity to build an helicopter in commercial quantity will accelerate economic empowerment. Do a research and breakdown an helicopter into its constituents parts and imagine how many people are involved in the wholesome. Few years ago, the Chinese bought a decomissioned aircraft carrier from Ukrane. Not only did they refurbish it themselves, they went further to reverse engineer it and have built their own. Indian built her first fighter jet like 12years ago, fast forward 7 years later, it had gone so commercial that OBJ government bought Indian made jets for the Nigerian Airforce

Drones are crossing over from military use to commercial use all over the world. Postage companies, Super and Hypermarkets are about to start using drones to deliver goods to homes. When these things go full blown commercial, will it not make sense to have our home grown, rather than importing such and waiting like 50years before one Nigeria now makes a Toy drone to display at motor fairs?

Your argument on importing bulbs and matches is way too regurditated and stale. First off, we had no business importing the two if we had gotten our acts together. But much more importantly, we'd rather assess the situation currently, if we have competitive disadvantage, we'd better off looking into other areas
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by mapet: 8:23am On Dec 09, 2015
MARKone:

Of course I know, but we, including the Military need to encourage local content, is it not what is being preached. Are the Robots currently being used by our security body manufactured in Nigeria?, for how long will we continue to furnish and encourage foreign goods/ technologies, while we have brains here who can fabricate and develop similar technology.

Bros,

with the military, I can tell you a lot..........

One word...is the problem......CORRUPTION.

But note, the Nigerian military has talented engineers who have built the following of late
1. Drone
2. Bomb diffusing robot
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) by phemzades(m): 2:29am On May 20, 2016
wow wow wow.. make sense die.. dis type of pple should b sponsored.. nd dose of u shouting igbo kwenu continue.. youll tell me if its an invention. we re too emotional.. we forget dat dese tins av bin finalised in developed worlds.. what he needs is money not ur igbo kwenu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samsung Unveils Smart T.V That Mimics And Blends With Any Wall(Photos / Hairy Dog Portrayed As African Lion In Chinese Zoo Exposed / Disabled Goats Getting Wheelchairs From Community Aid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.