Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) (27835 Views)

Buhari Arrives Abuja After UN General Assemby In New York / Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet / Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Iko5000: 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
DECREE NUMBER 4 IS BACK
NIGERIANS WAKE UP

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by holaralph(m): 12:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ahhh ahhh why are people commenting like person embedded with fish brain. You people lack evidence that PMB is behind the passing of the Social Media Bill, As a matter of fact PMB as nothing to fear or run for but those senators that their secrets as being blown open as many cause to panick. Not upto 48hours the President made his intention known to we nigerians that he isn't in support of the Social Media Bill But base on some prejudiced, tribalistic and bigot minded people that Really HATE PMB they still hurling abusive words at the President who as stated clearly that He is not aligning with the senators. I will continue to tell those people that hate this man because of their selfish interest that ( The more you hate PMB, the more your helper will hate you, the more you wish him well the more you will encounter unmeritted favour by Gods Grace and Insha Allah........... Plenty End time comment
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by jonnieoneng: 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
ransomed:
Saraki and his goons want to reintroduce Decree 4. I pray it fails. Stop wasting our resources on trivial issues like Social Media Bill. You cannot gag everybody because of you ulterior motives.
They may have reasons to justify their actions but Nigerian are more alive to the tenents of democracy.We will no longer be silent when those elected to represent us starts to screw up
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by obynaDmob(m): 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
jane0000:
mr man PMB has denial this bill You look scary though! angry

*denied this bill....
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by jonnieoneng: 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
ransomed:
Saraki and his goons want to reintroduce Decree 4. I pray it fails. Stop wasting our resources on trivial issues like Social Media Bill. You cannot gag everybody because of you ulterior motives.
Well said my brother
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by omodada1: 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
after using social media to win election...now its time to burn d bridge abi?
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by ritababe(f): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
mryoungdon:
all these APC senators are cows, that same social media they used in fighting other admistration is the one want the want to pass a bill on, because the wanted to protect their tyrant boss. please just know that this is 2015 and its not going to be possible.... but if you insist in enforcing it, then start building prisons everywhere because you will have many criminals to jail.. cos i will gladly become one

pls tell me more abt this social media bill cus i dont understand
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by mrrock: 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Buhari hates the media and free speech. There's a saying "you cannot change a man from the type of a man he is". This's an islamic hardliner and a proponent of sharia law.

We raised the alarm even before the election that Buhari based on his antecedent and hatred for freedom of speech will ban Facebook, Twitter, even Nairaland. You guys think we didn't know what we were saying. This's the thread https://www.nairaland.com/2126732/buhari-ban-facebook-twitter-nigeria
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Albedo27(m): 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
This government is becoming unbearable.
The same people insulted Jonathan on Social Media and now the same fate has befallen them. Instead of finding solutions to the dwindling economy, they are instead trying to prevent the citizens from expressing their candid opinion on the state of the nation.
I don't think we can take this sh*t in BIAFRA!
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
mryoungdon:
all these APC senators are cows, that same social media they used in fighting other admistration is the one want the want to pass a bill on, because the wanted to protect their tyrant boss. please just know that this is 2015 and its not going to be possible.... but if you insist in enforcing it, then start building prisons everywhere because you will have many criminals to jail.. cos i will gladly become one
free thinking nigerians are not criminals
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Mubz(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I had voted this government, but thank God I never did.

You wouldn't be forgiven for supporting Jonathan, the one person that looked away, aided and abetted the killing of helpless soldiers and innocent souls in the northeast
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Auxigen(m): 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
coolzeal:
Hypocrisy is when the mods ban you for being pro Biafra and yet #SayNoTOsocialMediaBill.

The truth is, Nigeria is a failed state.
I rebuke you in Jesus name!
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
ellacute45:
some people here just dey yab mouth like....meanwhile buhari said he won't sign the bill...if buhari wont sign the bill it wont become a law

Really?

What if 2/3 of the NHA say I?
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
ellacute45:
sharap in as much as i dont fancy apc buhari has no business with the senate

But he has business on who leads the Senate? Programed Clowns abounds in that planet called Nigeria.
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Auxigen:

I rebuke you in Jesus name!

I also rebuke you in the name of Jesus for rebuking him.
Now you can see that no one has the monopoly of rebuking with the name of Jesus, not even you.
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by jane0000(f): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
obynaDmob:

*denied this bill....
Thanks.
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
byrron:

Really?

What if 2/3 of the NHA say I?
as far as Buhari won't sign it it's not gonna be law
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
ellacute45:

Pls, do not say thing's you don't know.
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
ellacute45:
sharap in as much as i dont fancy apc buhari has no business with the senate

Keep deceiving yourself, he will gladly approve and sign it when the time comes.
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
ellacute45:

A bill could still be made law even when the president rejects it
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
bluaero:

You think so?
You must be a goat undecided
you na illiterate go read your govt textbook well since you don't really know what checks and balances is okpo let me give you a clue dominating the affairs of the legislature is guarded against in the following way. The legislature is divided into two Houses - Senate andthe House of Representatives and no bill can become law unless it receives a majority of both Houses and endorsed by the president. Again, the president is subject to a number of controls. His power to make appointments, of ministers and ambassadors, for example, and his power to declare war as well as his right to prepare the annual budget are all subject to approval by NationalAssembly.The argument in favour of the..hope this will do a little
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Myself2(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
cyberdurable:
[size=30pt]buhari is a dictator[/size]

[size=18pt]Please tell the gullible lot that not only believed his lies and voted for him,but are gearing up to flaunt their infamous idiocy once more by believing that the dullard from Daura has no hands in this devilish scheme just because he came out to say so.SMH[/size]
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
byrron:

But he has business on who leads the Senate? Programed Clowns abounds in that planet called Nigeria.
fortunately I don't live in Nigeria and I advise you to go and read the principle of checks and balances according to Nigeria constitution ..He has the right to appoint the leader I agree with you..let me say that is the only right he has over the NASS ...am sure you don't know what checks and balances is.. google is always ready to answer your question... shalom Mr clown
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
Promhize:

A bill could still be made law even when the president rejects it
oga it can't there is principle of checks and balances according to Nigeria constitution
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
Promhize:

Keep deceiving yourself, he will gladly approve and sign it when the time comes.
keep quoting me wrongly when you don't know the principle of checks and balances
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
ellacute45:
[s]fortunately I don't live in Nigeria and I advise you to go and read the principle of checks and balances according to Nigeria institution..He has the right to appoint the leader I agree with you..let me say that is the only right he has over the NASS ...[s]am sure you don't know what checks and balances is[/s]..[s] google is always ready to answer your question... shalom Mr clown[/s][/s]

I don't reside in Nigeria as well and that is also very irrelevant, your response honestly didn't make any sense neither did it address the issue raised.
I don't know what checks and balances are and other gibberish you wrote up there as your response to a very simple question i asked is a pointer to the fact that you are definitely not residing in a civilized an intelligent society at all.

Let me refresh your hibernating memory again so you can recall what the issue is, so you can provide sensible responses to that effect and not the hollow stuffs you concocted up there. "You said Buhari is not interested in the Senate" to which i responded by saying but he is interested in who leads the senate right?

Common sense should have told you that there is no way a sitting president will not be interested in the senate along with its leadership because all his executive bills will have to pass through the senate and he will also want those bills to be passed in other for him to achieve whatever objectives he has mapped out, therefore the president is very much interested in having a good working relationship with the senate but your self assuming all knowing hollow self couldn't reason like an average layman ought to but you rather went bunkers with what goggle said and what checks and balances are shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Someone that does not know that the Nigerian constitution empowers 2/3 majority of the NHA to override the President and the Bill becomes a Law if the President declines to accent to a bill is obviously The Chief of CLOWNS
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by obie206(m): 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
boujaye:
Aae-Fii-Cee Change! Sai Baba!! Sai Buhari!!! Una never see anything yet, just tight your belt, more of the secret agenda is yet to be unveil. The first game plan is to shut your mouth, your voice and electronically disarm you or you can call it e-disarm. If they should succeed in doing that, then they can unleash dictatorship and a tyrannical government on Nigeria.

Beneficiaries: The ruling party, those in authority like the president (Buhari), the governors (e.g El-Rufai), MPs (excluding Ben Bruce) the very rich, the ministers and other so call powerful ones.

Loosers: The masses, the electorates, the oppressed, the poor and the ordinary Nigerians, the youths (students) etc.

But God forbid, no weapon fashioned against Nigeria by this few shall prosper, we are ready to go to war with the so called elites. They are only 10%, we are 90%.

They are not 10%, they are less than 1%! Stand corrected!
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by marlockj: 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
viviangist6:
Hope this will help , Social Media is for real , social media is for latest , Social Media is for Politics , social media is for politics , saying no to Social Medial Bill , Photos from the On Going social Medial Bill protest Below. Heading To National Assembly Abuja Nigeria.

Source http://www.viviangist.com/ongoing-protest-for-social-media-bill-photos

I thought you said ur sister was killed,abi was it a lie?

because you should be mourning her!!! abi am I mistaking viviangist for another.

If truly the sad news true,you shuld Hv given your late sis 1 or 2 weeks mourning. Then u kickoff again.

Here you r

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
ellacute45:
oga it can't there is principle of checks and balances according to Nigeria constitution

Let me cure your Ignorance once and for all with this constitutional sections

58. (5) Where the President withholds his assent and the bill is again passed by each House by two-thirds majority, the bill shall become law and the assent of the President shall not be required.
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by boujaye: 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
obie206:

They are not 10%, they are less than 1%! Stand corrected!
thanks for boosting my morale. 1% only
Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by fujirice: 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
boujaye:
Aae-Fii-Cee Change! Sai Baba!! Sai Buhari!!! Una never see anything yet, just tight your belt, more of the secret agenda is yet to be unveil. The first game plan is to shut your mouth, your voice and electronically disarm you or you can call it e-disarm. If they should succeed in doing that, then they can unleash dictatorship and a tyrannical government on Nigeria.

Beneficiaries: The ruling party, those in authority like the president (Buhari), the governors (e.g El-Rufai), MPs (excluding Ben Bruce) the very rich, the ministers and other so call powerful ones.

Loosers: The masses, the electorates, the oppressed, the poor and the ordinary Nigerians, the youths (students) etc.

But God forbid, no weapon fashioned against Nigeria by this few shall prosper, we are ready to go to war with the so called elites. They are only 10%, we are 90%.
Hmmm... this one is really strong. As we are typing this now, our Minister of information is already working behind the scenes to achieve that. He is already sidelining our online media outfits. Bloggers are already in his pockets.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
byrron:

I don't reside in Nigeria as well and that is also very irrelevant, your response honestly didn't make any sense neither did it address the issue raised.
I don't know what checks and balances are and other gibberish you wrote up there as your response to a very simple question i asked is a pointer to the fact that you are definitely not residing in a civilized an intelligent society at all.

Let me refresh your hibernating memory again so you can recall what the issue is, so you can provide sensible responses to that effect and not the hollow stuffs you concocted up there. "You said Buhari is not interested in the Senate" to which i responded by saying but he is interested in who leads the senate right?

Common sense should have told you that there is no way a sitting president will not be interested in the senate along with its leadership because all his executive bills will have to pass through the senate and he will also want those bills to be passed in other for him to achieve whatever objectives he has mapped out, therefore the president is very much interested in having a good working relationship with the senate but your self assuming all knowing hollow self couldn't reason like an average layman ought to but you rather went bunkers with what goggle said and what checks and balances are shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Someone that does not know that the Nigerian constitution empowers 2/3 majority of the NHA to override the President and the Bill becomes a Law if the President declines to accent to a bill is obviously The Chief of CLOWNS
lol thanks for your time grin I still don't get what you are saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Donatus Okonkwo Declares His Anambra Governorship Intention / Defection Saga: Benue State House Of Assembly Taken Over By Policemen (PHOTOS) / 7 Personalities That Will Shape Nigeria In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.