Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,912 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 (11651 Views)

AS Roma Vs Liverpool : UCL (4 - 2) On 2nd May 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Wolfsburg Vs Manchester United: UCL (3 - 2) On 8th December 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by justicejay(m): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
And the rags are out... .

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Football is not Mathematics

Manchester City lost to Stoke City during the weekend. The Stoke City club outplayed Man City in both halves.

Monchengladbach defeated Bayern Munich, the German champions and caused Bayern their first defeat of the season.

Yet, Manchester City beat Monchengladbach 4-2.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
kobonaire:
Wow - what a turn around 3 quick goals after being down 1-2 ... I know somewhere TheGoodJoe will be smiling .... wink

I am dancing Shoki on the Match thread.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by pickabeau1: 10:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
[b]From Sportsmole
85 minCity surely secure their victory as Bony latches on to a pinpoint cross from Kolarov from the left, and although his first strike hits Christensen, the ball rebounds back into his path and allows his to stroke his effort into the bottom corner. Slightly fortunate, but the home side have deserved a bit of luck for their display in the second half.

85 minGOAL! Manchester City 4-2 Borussia Monchengladbach (Bony)

82 minCity turn the game on its head in two minutes as Sterling notches his second of the evening by curling his strike beyond the reach of Sommer into the corner. Monchengladbach were carved open at the back and Bony played the England international into acres of space down the flank, and the 21-year-old held his composure to control the ball on his right foot foot before sending his effort into the net.

82 minGOAL! Manchester City 3-2 Borussia Monchengladbach (Sterling)

79 minCity get back on level terms and Sterling has deserved his goal for his exploits this evening. Clichy creates the goal as he bursts down the flank and sends a low ball across the face of goal, and although Bony missed his strike he managed to get enough on the ball to send it into the path of Sterling, who steered his left-footed strike past Sommer.

79 minGOAL! Manchester City 2-2 Borussia Monchengladbach (Sterling)[/b]

Congrats...

No more Barcelona

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
pickabeau1:

Congrats...

No more Barcelona

Or Real Madrid or Zenith FC. Zenith have won all thier five games in the group stage so far and they are hoping to make it 6/6 tomorrow.

Not now abeg.
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by kobonaire(m): 10:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Football is not Mathematics

Manchester City lost to Stoke City during the weekend. The Stoke City club outplayed Man City in both halves.

Monchengladbach defeated Bayern Munich, the German champions and caused Bayern their first defeat of the season.

Yet, Manchester City beat Monchengladbach 4-2.
True dat ... I hope this kind of strange mathematics works in my Chelsea's favour tomorrow ....

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by pickabeau1: 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Or Real Madrid or Zenith FC. Zenith have won all thier five games in the group stage so far and they are hoping to make it 6/6 tomorrow.

Not now abeg.

Barca was d bogey team.... grin

If city do not make quarter now...then fire pellegruni
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by justicejay(m): 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
purpinkx:
Abeg oh, make uefa no reduce english slots
sounds like a gunner

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
kobonaire:

True dat ... I hope this kind of strange mathematics works in my Chelsea's favour tomorrow ....

That is one tough one. FC Porto would come all out tomorrow. Mourinho needs to drill his boys on counter attacking with frightening pace.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
pickabeau1:

Barca was d bogey team.... grin

If city do not make quarter now...then fire pellegruni

I will wait for the draws first. I hope we get an easy tie.
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by justicejay(m): 10:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
kobonaire:

day dreaming
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
From Sportsmole

9.43pm
Monchengladbach will bow out of the European competitions as a result of their defeat. Their 12-match unbeaten run in all competitions was broken as they failed to hold out for the three points at the Etihad Stadium. Sevillla's win means they will not even compete in the Europa League and will now look ahead to their domestic commitments for the rest of the campaign. However, Schubert and his team should be proud of their efforts and could be a force to be reckoned with in a few years.
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by pickabeau1: 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I will wait for the draws first. I hope we get an easy tie.

Friday

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
[b]From Sportsmole

9.40pmSterling put in an extremely impressive display this evening and is the main reason that his side will line up with a favourable draw against a second-place team in the next round of the competition rather than the prospect of drawing Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid. Pellegrini looked slightly relieved as his team rallied from 2-1 down to claim the victory, which will please him given his side's recent run of indifferent form.

9.35pmCity win Group D thanks to their late comeback this evening as Raheem Sterling scored a late brace to inspire his side to victory. The Citizens were a different team in the second half and put the German side under intense pressure at the back before they finally broke through in the 79th minute when Sterling prodded home from close range. Once they found the net they quickly capitalised to score two further times to seal the three points and replace Juventus at the top of the group, following the Italian team's defeat to Sevila.
[/b]
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by justicejay(m): 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
It is over, group winners. Congrats Cityzens. Congrats.
congrats mate.
I think we can go as far as semi if not final

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
Wow, Schubert is a great manager. 12 matches unbeaten in all competition is amazing. Sad they did not get a place in Europe. It was a very tough group.

This will give them a chance to focus on their league.
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
justicejay:

congrats mate.
I think we can go as far as semi if not final

We can but we need to make some buys this January if we want to go far. We need another star striker. I say we go for Antoine Griezmann from Atletico Madrid.

We need a cover for Aguero, although Sterling did well day.

Congrats.
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
Because, Bayern dominates the Bundesliga, many feel the league is a walk over. The performances of Wolfsburg and Monchengladbach today shows that there are good teams in that league.

These German teams faced two of the current teams doing well in the EPL and put up a good show.
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by kobonaire(m): 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
justicejay:

day dreaming
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be the name ....

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by justicejay(m): 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

We can but we need to make some buys this January if we want to go far. We need another star striker. I say we go for Antoine Griezmann from Atletico Madrid.

We need a cover for Aguero, although Sterling did well day.

Congrats.
Antoine, you read my mind well.. Sterling gave himself a pleasant birthday gift.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
kobonaire:

No dreaming this night. Serious prayers.

Herrera shall have K-Leg, Brahimi shall see double. Every Porto shot, miss post. All Willian's Freekick goals. Costa shall recover from his craze.
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by justicejay(m): 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
kobonaire:
wettin be your problem. Sebi your team Don lose, just say your club who art in Europa,
if your team haven't played verse is still useful for you. Cos by tomorrow we go lay gunners to rest and walk Chelsea to Europa

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
justicejay:

Antoine, you read my mind well.. Sterling gave himself a pleasant birthday gift.

If we can not get Griezmann, then we battle Liverpool for Aubameyang because Jurgen Klopp will want him.

Then I say with mount another strong bid for Isco because we need a cover for Silva.
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
Manuel Pellegrini revealed: "It was his birthday - I told him before the game that the minimum he had to do today was score two goals.

"I'm not joking - I told him that.

"I think it's important for him to score those goals tonight."
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
From MCFC

"If we play the way we did in the second half we can play against any team. It's the way we normally work - it's the way I like us to play." Pellegrini said.

"It seems like it's faster but it's slower.

"For me, the most important thing tonight, above finishing top of the group, is that we returned to being the team we normally are.

"We improved a lot in the second half - we arranged it and once we were losing 2-1, we didn't concede one chance. They haven't lost since they lost to us and they beat Bayern Munich so it wasn't easy."
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by ThisMeansWAR: 11:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
Good game

Good come back .

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by joshuaidibia(m): 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
justicejay:

you never tear the loser ticket?
Awon olote
who talk to ds slowpoke? Grow up,,nd get a life. If u have notn to say,jst read nd kip shut.
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by docxdee(m): 12:04am On Dec 09, 2015
M a city fan too n rily excited abot tunyt..good to be top n hope we sort our defensive issues rili fast

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by justicejay(m): 12:08am On Dec 09, 2015
joshuaidibia:
who talk to ds slowpoke? Grow up,,nd get a life. If u have notn to say,jst read nd kip shut.
Ain't you the brat to grow up? Staking on a lost game.
Re: Manchester City Vs Borussia Moechengladbach: UCL (4 - 2) On 8th December 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:32am On Dec 09, 2015
docxdee:
M a city fan too n rily excited abot tunyt..good to be top n hope we sort our defensive issues rili fast

The defence issue will continue because Pellegrini plays with most of his players contributing to the attack. He does not rely on defending but outscoring his opponents.

As long as the attack keeps firing, we will be okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UCL: Bayer Leverkusen Vs Barcelona (1 - 3) On 14th February 2012 / Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (2 - 0) On 1st October 2017 / Sheffield United Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11 April 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.