Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 (16232 Views)

Supreme Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Appeal Hearing Till January / Adeniyi Ademola Withdraws From Dasuki’s Trial After DSS Raid / Dasuki’s Trial Stalled Again, Case Adjourned Till February 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by emamos: 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court, Abuja, has adjourned the trial of the embattled former National Security Adviser, NSA, Sambo Dasuki, to January 20, 2016.
The case was adjourned by the judge after consultation with counsels to the plaintiff and the defendant.
The federal government had on Thursday filed a fresh application seeking to prevent Dasuki from travelling abroad for medical treatment. Counsel to the government, Oluseyi Opasanya, in his fresh application, asked Ademola to stay proceedings in the ruling he delivered on November 3, which granted Dasuki permission to travel abroad for medical treatment and ordered an immediate release of his passport.
“The new application,” Opasanya said, “takes precedence over the earlier application.”
But lawyer to Dasuki, Ahmed Raji, in his brief, countered the new application, arguing that the previous application, which sought to revoke his client’s bail, was yet to be determined.
He then prayed the court for a short adjournment to respond to the fresh application which made the court to fix Monday for hearing of the application.
However, at the resumed hearing on Monday, the court adjourned the matter to January 20
.http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/08/court-adjourns-dasukis-trial-to-2016/
lalasticlala
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by emamos: 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
It is well.
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
That's what Nigeria Is Best Known For. THE MORE YOU ADJOURN A CASE, THE MORE MONEY YOU HAVE...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by Dannyset(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
God will openly disgrace any Judge that stop the prosecution of any one involved in this Arms Deal scandal.

29 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by CR77(f): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dem no fit jail am self cry

1 Like

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by damton(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
Waiting to see how it ends.

people like Dasuki should be exiled into prison for as long as possible for their moral rape on the Common wealth of Nigerian people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by Donaldillikah(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by omeke12(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
I couldn't vote for Jonathan to continue cos I detested what my country was turning into under his administration so I never voted..
anytime I state this fact the first question I get is... "why didn't U vote for APC?"
I voted for APC in the Lagos Governorship election but didn't in the presidential elections not because I disliked their Ideology or mantra ( I craved for 'change') but because I couldn't convince myself (for d sake of my present and future family) to vote for Buhari because..
1...Buhari was a former President, former minister of petroleum and so many other top offices he held back then and yet he still tags himself as 'poor', borrowing money then to buy nomination forms. I'm not saying he should have embezzled our money but...for God's sake, it takes wisdom, vision and creativity to be a rich and successful man. Buhari couldn't create an empire with the "little" salary he made those days then I strongly don't believe he can change d fortunes of Nigeria.
it was shameful during asset declaration when I saw the wealth our VP has amassed for himself and his family, comparing it with that provided by our president who is meant to lead us out of brokeness.
2...Buhari has been contesting for presidency since 2003 and all those while as an aspirant, he never influenced katsina, Nigeria or Africa In any positive way, (he has no known charity foundation in his name), the only time one hears of Buhari then is when he makes Violence Inciting comments that leads to loss of lives especially in the north....
please fellow Nigerians, don't expect much from our president, he doesn't really have much to offer just pray for God to give him WISDOM and POWER not to lead us astray...
...Remember Nigeria is our country.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by TOEZOFFICIAL(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
In Nigeria, some ppl re innocent until proven guilty, while others re Guilty until proven innocent....Diezani stole 13billion dollars; Still free. Jonathan's loot made Naija broke; Free AF. Dasuki stole; not yet n Prison....Baba bubu should jail somebody if he's gat evidence or jst STFU!
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by CR77(f): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
Abeg make we hear word
omeke12:
I couldn't vote for Jonathan to continue cos I detested what my country was turning into under his administration so I never voted..
anytime I state this fact the first question I get is... "why didn't U vote for APC?"
I voted for APC in the Lagos Governorship election but didn't in the presidential elections not because I disliked their Ideology or mantra ( I craved for 'change') but because I couldn't convince myself (for d sake of my present and future family) to vote for Buhari because..
1...Buhari was a former President, former minister of petroleum and so many other top offices he held back then and yet he still tags himself as 'poor', borrowing money then to buy nomination forms. I'm not saying he should have embezzled our money but...for God's sake, it takes wisdom, vision and creativity to be a rich and successful man. Buhari couldn't create an empire with the "little" salary he made those days then I strongly don't believe he can change d fortunes of Nigeria.
it was shameful during asset declaration when I saw the wealth our VP has amassed for himself and his family, comparing it with that provided by our president who is meant to lead us out of brokeness.
2...Buhari has been contesting for presidency since 2003 and all those while as an aspirant, he never influenced katsina, Nigeria or Africa In any positive way, (he has no known charity foundation in his name), the only time one hears of Buhari then is when he makes Violence Inciting comments that leads to loss of lives especially in the north....
please fellow Nigerians, don't expect much from our president, he doesn't really have much to offer just pray for God to give him WISDOM and POWER not to lead us astray...

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by dondazie(m): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
K
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by Seunaj05(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
Court proceedings are undermining anti-corruption processes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by Akynzodeighbour(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
all these witch hunt is still bias
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by Mishydoo(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
END TIME JUDICIARY...WHAT HAPPENS TO THIS YEAR??

1 Like

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by sandraokosun1: 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by menix(m): 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nah this Thing tire me for this regime..

All the corruption cases end up on the media..

One day Judge go make mistake Adjourn the guilty to 16yrs in prison instead of sentence..

End Time Judge..
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by wolewolsz(m): 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by Vicati: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
#Word
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by JuanDeDios: 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
I hope he's "remanded in prison custody" in the meantime?

3 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by sheddo619(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
Adjourn ko Mr John ni
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by MrMcJay(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
omeke12:

Shoro niyen?

2 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by knuckbuck(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
Next thing you know, the case will just disappear.

1 Like

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by thunder74(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by naija2(f): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
omeke12:
. pls stop.

5 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by emamos: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
Akynzodeighbour:
all these witch hunt is still bias
_
u wil be hunted if u ar witch
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by wellmax(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
He must vomit all the money
Re: Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 by wizkido16: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle / Pictures Of Youths Who Died In The Lekkimassacre / Timipre Sylva: FG Has No Control Over The Price Of Cooking Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.