Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,191 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect (31912 Views)

Woman Battered For Refusing To Part With N20,000 After Sex Romp / Woman Battered By Her Husband On Their Way To Church (Graphic Photos) / Graphic Photos Of A Woman Battered By Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by abbey621(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
People that don't know sh*t about legal issues are busy saying nonsense. Firstly, a police officer can ask you to come for questioning there's no need for a warrant. Warrants are meant for searches and arrest not questioning. Next, since the main suspect escaped, the occupants of that residence must be questioned either at the residence or the police station. Finally, you don't assault someone and think you would go free not to talk of a police officer. The man could face a lengthy time in jail or heavy fine since assault is involved.

1 Like

Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2015
ijustdey:

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/12/09/police-woman-battered-while-arresting-suspect/

my brothers and sisters, na d head of the story una hear so o,I can categorically tell you that by now,ocha will be handicapped.police wey be say you no offend them gan,they are animals not to talk of assaulting one of them,a female for that matter

1 Like

Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by DjAduba(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
Keneking:

You mean shielding?
You don't like The police thoes not mean we should not say the truth....on this premise I'll say Yes am shielding.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by kindredspirit(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
Keneking:
Poor training

"Ocha reportedly told her that he was not the suspect and as such he had no business in the matter and besides his wife was not around and he was the one taking care of the three children in her absence." She (The Police Woman) should have left a note re-inviting the suspect to the station.

Arrest-by-Proxy is illegal. These cops, they know it but don't care. I've witnessed some of them arresting the aged parent of a suspect before, in lieu.

However, the pummeling, if true, of the policewoman, cannot be justified.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by DjAduba(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
grin
southniyikaye:
my brothers and sisters, na d head of the story una hear so o,I can categorically tell you that by now,ocha will be handicapped.police wey be say you no offend them gan,they are animals not to talk of assaulting one of them,a female for that matter
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by Certifiedboss: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
missKiffy:
If it was a policeman would have said good for him, cause they do far worse undecided but shes a woman never ever hit a woman lipsrsealed

She was a brainless woman
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by trappatoni(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
BarryX:
I find this amusing though grin , Ocha beat the woman sote she became unconscious. WOW! The guy should be training for Vladimir Klischko. grin grin

Don't mess with the biafrans oo.. Dem no get joy with the current state of affairs grin
grin grin grin.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by donj84: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
dason4life:
That is the reward for stupidity. grin
Female police trying to arrest a male
& non- offender, in this type of country undecided
The DPO of that station deserve to be flogged. angry

ANYWAY . . . .
I am always happy to see those lazy, good-for-nothing people being dealt with. tongue
better luck next time. . . . Wonder Woman
So if it was your sister or a relative, you will be celebrating abi..have you asked yourself if the matter the man used in addressing an officer of the law was offensive for the woman wanting to arrest him, or why do you think all policemen are evil to the extent you are happy that they battered a police woman..people like you will encourage the beating of women at home, don't worry, I guess you have a sister, wait let them batter her first by someone, then you know if you should be dancing..lastly since you very happy, go and get anoda of your frnd dat have your mindset and bail the man from kirikiri prison, its just 150k d want, atleast to show us here in nairaland that you support the mans action..God help us

1 Like

Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by monalicious(f): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
As much as I don't like the fact that he had to fight a police officer, it's feels nice to know that they somehow got what they deserve. Simply shows how low Nigerians see the NPF.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by pek(m): 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
DjAduba:

The woman Police was right by inviting Ocha, My reason is: there may be certain indications/possibility that He (Mr.Ocha) is screening the offender which is an offence according to the law.

Chai! Ocha don 4K Up now na 4 prison u go do xmass and new year..
It's either you are a police officer or you are related to one.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by Massdamm(m): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
C yhur live NIGGA yhu box a lady wit a blow yi KA....
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
Nigerian police sef, I tire, that's why they should give police tasers to shock these animals and paralyse them, let's see the hand that idiot will use to punch. E get luck.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by nikkiking(m): 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Gaborone:
He has bought himself a suit.

undecided
Christmas one at that grin grin.

I blame the gut for his cowardice, if she the police woman insists he followed her to the station.

It's simple, follow her to the station and prove your innocence.

But he wanted to show his jet Li kungfu style grin.

Now look where he's going to celebrate his Christmas tongue.

1 Like

Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by oweman: 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2015
[quote author=Gaborone post=40842591]He has bought himself a suit.

There is no way this dumb man will get less than 12 calendar months imprisonment for this .
Good the station DPO charge the miscreant to court that is what should happen .
He might be practising what he will do in Biafra the land of 419ners .

1 Like

Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by prophetfire: 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
missKiffy:
If it was a policeman would have said good for him, cause they do far worse undecided but shes a woman never ever hit a woman lipsrsealed
why? But it's okay to hit a man? Is that the best you can reason?
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by missKiffy(f): 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2015
prophetfire:
why? But it's okay to hit a man? Is that the best you can reason?
undecided
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by chinchum(m): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
The policewoman was right in inviting the husband. The husband rented the house from the landlord , and was the betterhalf and customary head of the wife.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
dason4life:

ANYWAY . . . .
I am always happy to see those lazy, good-for-nothing people being dealt with. tongue

26 Male Dogs that will be slaughtered and eaten this Christmas.. I hail una
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by shreck(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
abbey621:
People that don't know sh*t about legal issues are busy saying nonsense. Firstly, a police officer can ask you to come for questioning there's no need for a warrant. Warrants are meant for searches and arrest not questioning. Next, since the main suspect escaped, the occupants of that residence must be questioned either at the residence or the police station. Finally, you don't assault someone and think you would go free not to talk of a police officer. The man could face a lengthy time in jail or heavy fine since assault is involved.
No my dear brother, I know what I am saying
Yes you can be invited as a witness for questioning, and fortunately you have the privilege to decline.
until proper citation is brought against you.
This is a rule in criminal law.
and in the capacity of being invited without any citation,nothing you say can be used to prosecute that case in the court of law.
In this case the scene is the mans house and the suspect had fled the scene.
Police officer then ended in affray against the occupants of the property even as she wasn't impeded in executing of her duty.
If this man get lawyer story go change.
But I see where you are coming from, police impunity in naija has reached a stage where citizens don't know what the law says about their rights as regards law enforcement.
If there is a reason to involved the husband, he may be picked up as an accessory to the matter.
he may not be held beyond 24hours,this is exactly what Nigerian criminal code dictates.
But since the man ended up being betean by the lady officer (yes that's what the case will be)
a case of assault and affray may be brought against the police lady,unfortunately for her she went alone and the mans children may stand as his material witness especially if the magistrate determines the child is of a sound mind.
She was there to arrest that woman not invitating her for questioning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by shreck(m): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2791306/tony-anenih-refuses-honor-efcc
Like I said you can refuse the invite, and force their hand.
Then a bench warrant has to be issued against you to appear for questioning.
even then you can stall the process by going along with your attorney.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by summerflame(m): 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
Few hours to my birthday. Really thank God for sparing me despite all the hurdles of life. Thank u all friends, your love keep me going.. Thursday December 10 is all about me.... Send birthday wishes to 08100848680
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
When will police get sense that is common?

U send a lady, only her to go on investigation cos na nursery sch pupil she dey go talk with?

Not everyone understands the law oh.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by andyanders: 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2015
dason4life:

ANYWAY . . . .

They should have showed us the pix of the policewoman.How can she effect the arrest of a male who is not the suspect even when the man had told her that he was looking after their three children. She still wanted to take him away.Why wouldn't the guy punch her?She must have applied force herein wanting to arrest the woman.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
donj84:

So if it was your sister or a relative, you will be celebrating abi..have you asked yourself if the matter the man used in addressing an officer of the law was offensive for the woman wanting to arrest him, or why do you think all policemen are evil to the extent you are happy that they battered a police woman..people like you will encourage the beating of women at home, don't worry, I guess you have a sister, wait let them batter her first by someone, then you know if you should be dancing..lastly since you very happy, go and get anoda of your frnd dat have your mindset and bail the man from kirikiri prison, its just 150k d want, atleast to show us here in nairaland that you support the mans action..God help us

Stupidity has a price.
She paid for being stupid

1 Like

Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by NiceHans: 3:59am On Dec 10, 2015
Nigerian police have no code of conduct they just act like street boys, how can a woman just go to a house to arrest a fully grown man, without backup? Even a teen will resist arrest...shes lucky to be alive
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by gbengus17: 4:21am On Dec 10, 2015
EXCUSE ME, THE POLICE WOMAN WAS WRONG, VERY WRONG INDEED BUT THE MAN HAS NO RIGHT TO FIGHT A POLICE OFFICER. ALL HE NEEDS TO DO IS TO MAINTAIN HIS GROUND AND REFUSE TO FOLLOW HER.

1 Like

Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by Billygee2u: 9:34am On Dec 10, 2015
Keneking:
Poor training

"Ocha reportedly told her that he was not the suspect and as such he had no business in the matter and besides his wife was not around and he was the one taking care of the three children in her absence." She (The Police Woman) should have left a note re-inviting the suspect to the station.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by donj84: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2015
dason4life:

Stupidity has a price.
She paid for being stupid

Now let me ask you a question, if three guys attacks your sister and are without weapons, what will you do..will you hide and watch just because you can't match them or you will go try save your sister even if it means you get beaten by the guys at the expense of them leaving your sister
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2015
donj84:

Now let me ask you a question, if three guys attacks your sister and are without weapons, what will you do..will you hide and watch just because you can't match them or you will go try save your sister even if it means you get beaten by the guys at the expense of them leaving your sister

If three guys attack my sister . . .
Why will she be attacked by three guys?
She isn't stupid.
Re: Police Woman Battered While Arresting Suspect by donj84: 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
dason4life:

If three guys attack my sister . . .
Why will she be attacked by three guys?
She isn't stupid.

You are not answering the question..is someone stupid to be praying against sickness even when he/she is not sick or will u say someone is stupid because he is sick..when you were taught that humans evolved from apes, did you tell your teacher that your bible says God created man in his own image or u won't answer the question in exams if they ask u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Driver Arrested While Trying To Return Stolen Iphone 10 To Get N100K. Photos / Man Steals Lady's Pant In Ogun. Stripped After Being Caught (Photo) / Man Trying To Smuggle Cocaine In Boxers In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.