Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Nigerians And Big Grammar? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians And Big Grammar? (13725 Views)

Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon Mourns Ex ASUU President With Big Grammar / Patrick Obahiagbon Finally Tells Why He Always Speaks ‘big Grammar’ / Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Big Grammar? by freed(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2009
What is this all about? They  just want to show they  have completed their masters or PHD or feel superior or special. Its not all about using supersized words its all about communicating with your audience

just look at this post from: grafikdon

Perhaps you have been deeply immersed in the putrid quagmire of ethnic antagonism that you brand everyone with a divergent view an ethnic bigot

Jakumo
More significantly, teeming hordes of Nigerian worshippers would be free get up off their knees where they had been immobilized in prayer like so many wildebeest, so as to re-engage their cognitive functions and get on with the many responsibilities and challenges of real life, rather than waiting in vain for the nirvana offered at great monetary cost in the afterlife by those rapacious "Men of Dog", who themselves know of no other occupation that stealing from the poor to finance their own lives of lavish consumption.

dede1
A nincompoop of your caliber can not draw me out of my academic shell to announce my area of academic discipline to the whole world through medium known as Internet. I have worked with and taught individuals from four continents for considerable amount of years in USA.
It amazes me the extent the blind dislike for group of people drives certain individual to the apogee of defamatory idiosyncrasy.
If I am your interviewer and asked you to write about yourself on impromptu, and the so-called scholar in you submitted paragraphs like you have been sketched them on this forum, you will be hauled to jail by the security personals.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2009
So you don't understand what was written?
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by freed(m): 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2009
Please will you keep quiet did I say I dont understand what they were trying to say. Do your professeurs write like that?
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by netotse(m): 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2009
LWKM. . .i think we use big grammar when we're out to impress, lol!
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by beystwin: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2009
freed:

What is this all about? They just want to show they have completed their masters or PHD or feel superior or special. Its not all about using supersized words its all about communicating with your audience

Perhaps you have been deeply immersed in the putrid quagmire of ethnic antagonism that you brand everyone with a divergent view an ethnic bigot

dede1

A nincompoop of your caliber can not draw me out of my academic shell to announce my area of academic discipline to the whole world through medium known as Internet. I have worked with and taught individuals from four continents for considerable amount of years in USA.
If I am your interviewer and asked you to write about yourself on impromptu, and the so-called scholar in you submitted paragraphs like you have been sketched them on this forum, you will be hauled to jail by the security personals.

Jakumo
More significantly, teeming hordes of Nigerian worshippers would be free get up off their knees where they had been immobilized in prayer like so many wildebeest, so as to re-engage their cognitive functions and get on with the many responsibilities and challenges of real life, rather than waiting in vain for the nirvana offered at great monetary cost in the afterlife by those rapacious "Men of Dog", who themselves know of no other occupation that stealing from the poor to finance their own lives of lavish consumption.

grin grin grin
My head o! my belle o!
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by palmwine(m): 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2009
wait until you hear from one off our rep. in the house of reps. cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2009
Keep quiet? You wish!!! So you understood what was written? This means that these guys were able to communicate with you effectively which YOU yourself pointed out to be most important in oral or written language.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 02, 2009
@ op, please  desist from  the treasonable offence of lumping  the pretentious ramblings of  dede1 and the beautifully crafted prose of the master of grammer - Jakumo
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by freed(m): 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2009
Its stupid! you might use big grammar words but your still not making any damn bleeping sense
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by morpheus24: 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2009
slowpoke, ignoramous,non entity, nuisance, skaliwagg,

They are good at big grammar abuse too
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Ibime(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2009
freed:

What is this all about? They  just want to show they  have completed their masters or PHD or feel superior or special. Its not all about using supersized words its all about communicating with your audience

dede1

Jakumo

lol. . . . nothing dey happen. . . . Dede1 would not be Dede1 without blowing unnecessary grammar (with a few kpoas inside). . . . and Jakumo would not be Jakumo if he did not intersperse his devilish wit with big big grammar. . . . as for Grafikdon, I no know say him dey knack english like this. . . .
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by asha80(m): 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2009
Jakumo

grin
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2009
me sef tire.
these pple just wan form. i dont see the use of superzised words when you can clearly use words and phrases that are widely known.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by redsun(m): 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2009
Irrelevant matter,communication is intuition,fusion,abstract and understanding.It is not about the language you speak,it is about how you relate and what the concept is all about,relevance.

Man is going virtual,we are bothering about oyinbo language.

Jakumo is a rugged and positive comedian,he spices up this forum,honestly,he always make me laugh,every time i read his comments.Serious jokes
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by jimmysho(m): 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2009
we should not underscore the fact that some of come online to show off our mastery of English. we should not emphasize or over blow this matter. anybody can speak whatever he want on this forum so far it is not inconsequential to the topic. pls keep schooling us with those rich words so that we too can pass them to other pple in our locality
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2009
Becomerich, you gast to be kidding.
i took your remarks about igbos and how they are the only ones who use oversized words and phrases in Nigeria as a joke until you i read this:
becomrich.:

Go thru the new york times, Torontostar, LA times , london sun etc. No junk in them. Just plain simple.
Dude if thesun newspaper is what you read then i get a clear picture of your state of mind.
i bet my last penny you spend quality time ogling at those page 3 models

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by asha80(m): 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2009
Do people take becomerich serious
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2009
@poster
Ever noticed that insults, criticisms and other negative comments are best conveyed in big Grammar? The bigger the grammar, the greater the effect on the insulted! I'm talking from observation, not experience o grin

And admittedly, I personally have learnt a lot in terms of grammar on this forum and other discussion forums I belong. But it's a pity most of the 'new words' and 'new grammar construction styles' are negative.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by asha80(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2009
Do people take becomerich serious
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by jensinmi(m): 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2009
@ freed (poster)

My guy. You haven't seen anything yet o. Check out this extremely beautiful video of one of our House of Rep Members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub1Vy4HgYMU&NR=1

Could someone please embed for me.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by MaiSuya(m): 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2009
@BCR you don start again with ethnic bashing o! I no fit fight today, abeg. . .

The gratuitous predilection of some members to utilize grandiloquent aphorisms as the exclusive means of dissipating their scholarly mehu-mehu, being unmindful of the wanton discombobulation such actions evokes on the diminutive comprehensive capabilities of an illiterate suya seller like me and possibly our OP, is rather unbecoming of them.

The likes of Dede and Jakumo pls desist from aggravating the em. . .
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2009
Mai Suya:

The gratuitous predilection of some members to utilize grandiloquent aphorisms as the exclusive means of dissipating their scholarly mehu-mehu, being unmindful of the wanton discombobulation such actions evokes on the diminutive comprehensive capabilities of an illiterate suya seller like me and possibly our OP, is rather unbecoming of them.

una don kill me 4 NL ooooo grin grin grin This got me laughing thunderously in office, ignoring my boss that was around.

Are you guys trying to prove to the thread starter that he aint seen anything yet? grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Frizy(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2009
Am not a supporter of David Hume, but he basically analyzed people with these "complexity in the use of words" as saying nothing. Frankly, I agree with him on this.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by redsun(m): 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2009
The senator is the one we should be bothered with because he is a lost leaders,with the faith of so many innocent people in his hands.That is the real colo metality.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by mpompo: 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2009
big grammer or no big grammer, what matters is  does it make sense?. each language (register) is made for  a particular audience. for a public forum like this , its my opinion that a simple/ common language should be appropriate.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by bawomolo(m): 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2009
Mai Suya:

@BCR you don start again with ethnic bashing o! I no fit fight today, abeg. . .

chei proceeds to enroll in an english as a second language class.

una don kill me
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2009
. . .scholarly mehu-mehu

@ Mai-Suya, are you sure this is English? Hope this is not Hausa? grin
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Frizy(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2009
Could someone please embed for me.

[flash=425,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Ub1Vy4HgYMU&NR=1[/flash]

Guys watch this and analyze this man.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by tamme: 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2009
how did you do that?
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Frizy(m): 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2009
Step 1:
Copy and paste the address you want to embed

Step 2:

Select the address and click the flash icon on the "post reply" page

Step 3:

Set [flash=200,200] to [flash=425,345]

Step 4:

on the address, backspace the "?v=" to /v/

Courtesy: Muki
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by tamme: 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2009
thanks
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by blackspade(m): 7:22pm On Jun 02, 2009
lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inside PMB's 2019 Campaign Strategy & The Keyamo Connection - Premium Times / PDP To Sack National Secretariat Workers / Anambra 2021: PDP Vice-Chairman Presents Valentine Ozigbo To Governor Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.