Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists - Politics (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (668885 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (157) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Kentvilla: 6:03am On Sep 14, 2017
EVERYONE IS CRYING OUT FOR PEACE BUT NON IS CRYING OUT FOR JUSTICE I DON'T WANT NO "PEACE" I NEED EQUAL RIGHT AND JUSTICE. PETER TOSH

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by ienabz: 1:11am On Sep 15, 2017
it is well with the giant of africa
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by ienabz: 1:21am On Sep 15, 2017
the govt needs to be smart in handling agitations, the reality is, these IPOB folks need to be meaningfully engaged with good employment, unfortunately they are not adopting the right solution to the problems they face, target your frustrations to the National assembly to first cut down their pay so there can be meaningful funds for capital development and job creation, channel your frustrations to the judiciary so they can sit up and discharge justice swiftly, and channel your matters to the executive to act fast and deliver good governance, but do it within the ambits of the law.
and if the national assembly or judiciary or executive don't listen then we can moblise and shut down the country peacefully, so we all plus leaders and followers suffer small for the same pot. let us be smart Nigerian youths

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by geraldmezi(m): 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
No
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 16, 2017
Hypocrites.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by buddyyy: 12:15am On Sep 16, 2017
Eliteweb cheesy
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by jarx: 9:22am On Sep 16, 2017
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

you people have to deal with it. bcus we are going... Igbos love u too
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by infofta(m): 11:18am On Sep 16, 2017
Instead of Nnamdi Kanu to engage with the elites and stakeholders in the country for a peaceful referendum, instead he is recruiting youths he will eventually arm to form secret service. Is the South east economically viable to be a country. Most of the countries in Africa that has broken up are not better off. Sudan, Congo etc. In Spain, UK, Hong Kong the agitation is been done peacefully. Everything is wrong with Nigeria, from recycling same politicians to tribalism and corruption. We have a long way to go as a country.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by namedo: 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hmm. We all have a right to air our opinion but it must be with certain restrictions. Agitation through hate speeches and tribal sentiments and violence are completely irresponsible and criminal. It is uncivilised. Dialogue and continuous peaceful agitation would have been better options. Many of you did not experience the last civil war. I tell you brother, many innocent souls perished. Please don't create distress situation for the poor; they invariably bear the brunt.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by buddyyy: 4:49pm On Sep 16, 2017
Torrit.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by digitaladvert(m): 10:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
One thing in life will always remain constant, (CHANGE) nothing in life is permanent, it looks as if Nigeria is wining, but the fact remains, it is a matter of time, we say we are in democracy, but practicing military regime,

No freedom of expression by some persons, but some others person can say anything, nobody cares. Well, time will tell, don't think it is over until its over.

Surely Egyptian's you see today, we shall see it no more, these was prophesied long before we all where born, to then children of God. We still believe in that same God, today, He does not change, rather Nigeria will not and can never remain one, because you have shed an innocent blood. This generation will not let it be just like that. Mark this very month of September, 13th -16th.

Seun, It is your world, Enjoy it for now.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by henrychux(m): 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
It should not be labelled secessionist but the right word is agitation. They have not declared any Biafra republic yet. They want referendum or restructuring.. Don't allow hate to be loud your sense of reasoning. I am for justice and equity for ALL NIGERIANS irrespective of your tribe, creed, ethnicity. We definitely need each

Thanks,
Henychux

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by laudate: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2017
henrychux:
It should not be labelled secessionist but the right word is agitation. They have not declared any Biafra republic yet. They want referendum or restructuring.. Don't allow hate to be loud your sense of reasoning. I am for justice and equity for ALL NIGERIANS irrespective of your tribe, creed, ethnicity. We definitely need each

Thanks,
Henychux

Which restructuring? Haven't they been shouting for a new country called Biafra? In fact Kanu's slogan was "Biafra or death. " When did they change their tune to restructuring?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by 0m0nnakoda: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan
Sunofgod:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/27267-yoruba-elders-meet-jonathan-over-marginalisation

aljharem:
this people are funny u know. Just i thought this people want to eat there cake and have it again

they all voted for ACN thus they want regional government ie fedralism

yet they still want the advantages of being in the mainstream politics

abeg make them go sit down angry

when it is time they should go meet tinubu there master

Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.

ak47mann:
so why are you people crying marginalization then? slow Bottom muderphuker cheesy so SW assassinating there politicians and selling their own brothers ABIOLA etc are going to say that they are sophisticated or they are clever in politics and not greedy? so why all these things keep happening in your region smiley
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Empiree: 4:08am On Sep 21, 2017
warrior01:
You go ban tire na. So what happens to freedom of expression and beliefs? So Yorubas are free to aspire and promote their Odua beliefs and Hausas, Arewa but Igbos of course are to be banned to talk or aspire for their beliefs in Biafra. Highly disappointed in you Seun.

What stops you from coming up with a superior argument why they should remain in Nigeria? Why are you so scared to discuss Biafra? Must we all have the same line of thoughts or intellectual discourse? I reject being or tagged a zombie where a fellow man will dictate what I discuss.
And how do you feel now that fed declared them judeo-christian terror group? cheesy
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by pacino26(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
Empiree:
And how do you feel now that fed declared them judeo-christian terror group? cheesy

Just a quote I lifted from NL. An excerpt from speech delivered by a priest.

"To other Nigerians mocking IPOB...

Mockery is a tribute a coward pays to the brave. Our Galilean brothers drank mud, received gunshots and died once. But as long as we remain excluded in governance we remain perpetually trapped in muddy water of Nigerian ethnic politics. To remember that we have no leader makes it more painful. But the sight of young men holding stones and resisting soldiers armed to their teeth paints a picture of future Nigeria if she refuses to reform."

I don't know your definition of a Terrorist group but I've watched several protests where the protesters go as far as hitting the riot police men with sticks, gas canisters and the favorite Molotov cocktails. Your African hero Nelson Mandela was once tagged a terrorist.

True I am from the south east and I look forward to a day our leaders will be accountable to the masses and ultimately give back SOVEREIGNTY TO THE PEOPLE. Until that day, I think Nigeria will continue to rest on a knife edge. Needless to say that such position can't take us anywhere.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (157)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.