Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. (41761 Views)

My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by stevesharon: 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
Just take it easy! I can understand your pains butu have to be patient with them so that u don't lose focus in life! Keep bearing wat ever ur parents are doing to u and be rest assured that u are not going to be wit them forever! One day u shall grow up and become a man of ur own.

1 Like

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Davedoz(m): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sorry dear
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by localblood(m): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
She dey put you,so you gat cut yourself. If na me yawa 4 don dey the house tey tey
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by butterflyatalan: 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Please, do not committ suicide. Truth is most people are so religious, they fail to understand the importance of having a relationship with God. If you'll like to talk, just reply me and I'll give you my number in a private message. smiley
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Cutehector(m): 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hypocrisy stinks in the sight of God... Just do and graduate and live by urself.
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by papiroza: 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
@Op, I understand your pain. Unfortunately, there's little you can do now to change the situation, considering your age and the fact that you need your parents to get through school. I will advice that you be your own man abd do what makes you happy, but pretend before your parents that you are what they want you to be. When you are through with school, things might get better. Just tag along and focus on things that make you happy.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by flokii: 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
@OP why is your wruteup this long? can't you summarize

av read enof. today... eyez don dey pain
sorry I can't comment cos I dnt know d content
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Chubhie: 11:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
Your time will come someday and you would leave the nest. Don't worry you shall have all time in the world to walk with all ladies you desires and carry out all those fantasies playing ludo in your head.

A time will also come and you look back and miss your parents you so despise now. Never look down on your family. Agreed they've got their own faults. You should learn from their mistakes and elect to live differently when your time is right. You will miss this family you so hate someday.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by M4gunners: 11:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
I don't know why they are telling you they are sorry. Your parents want the best for you. We all know how Africa Parents behave. If you can't respect what they told you or how they wish you grow up, who will you respect?
My brother, as far as you are still living under their roof and they are training you in school, you must abide to their laws at least until you graduate.

14 Likes

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by litaninja(m): 11:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
You want op to report overzealous parents to overzealous pastors?

8 Likes

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by ajilay(m): 11:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
Visit the counseling unit in your school explain everything to them they could help u invite ur parent down to your and counsel them on how to treat there child
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Sijo01(f): 11:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
I'll advise you pay her pastor a visit and pour your heart out to him or her just as you did here.

Be strong n clear suicidal thought out of your head.
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
iceberylin:
Am Lucky shocked
For having parents that let you do it your way?
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by sleekyjay(m): 12:01am On Dec 11, 2015
some parents will just keep comparing there kids to others, threatening to disown and curse them... if them no born dem go say life no fair, now they got one they won't appreciate... op abeg just heed those advice above. God dy

5 Likes

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by iceberylin(m): 12:03am On Dec 11, 2015
Vig86:

For having parents that let you do it your way?
No...not having the Op's
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by stonecoldcafe: 12:03am On Dec 11, 2015
nairalander2015:
Good day nairaland.
As I write this... I am depressed, simply depressed.. If suicide led to heaven mayb i would have been a victim.
Truly itz nt everyone who smiles that is happy.
MY story
I was born into a deeper life family 20yrs ago.. And I can say i regret being born into deeper life.. I would ave preferred been converted there than being born there.
My travails started in secondary school.. Wen i failed to attend a fellowship, my mum talked harshly, slapped me an said i was a dishes disgrace.. Just because i failed to attend a school fellowship.. And I knew that I wasn't a bad kid.. Jes the gentle type.. Since then it has been bad... When others celebrate their mum.. I can't.. I am as far from my parents as anything.. Jes because they are deeperlifers.. I can't seat comfortably with my parents.. Cos of principles. Next was the battle concerning trousers.. She woke me up one black night with a thundering slap over a slim trouser.. Imagine dat was @16.. I cried and cried dat day.. Dat God made a mistake borning me in deeper life... Jes because i walked with a girl.. She banned me from going out..
Even at a young age... Threatened me that she"ll disown me if I marry a lady who wears wigs, trousers.. Omg.. Now.. I am in the university.. I never want to go home. I hate home.. I am depressed.. So so depressed.. My dad didn't send me any cash for a month cos a friend told him I failed to attend a midweek service.. Imagine.. Yet i am not rebellious. I know fellow guys like me who had big problems with their children but they were rebellious.. But i am not
I feel depressed writing this.. Spirituality without love is a disaster.. Aw i wish i wasn't born to a deeper life's family.. Itz a curse.. I am tired.. Itz threat all the time. I am not close to my parents.. Imagine.. Seems i should just die.. I now see my mum as a enemy.. Anytime i see her i am sad.. Talks too much about simple things in a bad manner quoting Bible over needless things.. Watching ball outside is a sin.. Visiting friends is a nono.. Cos they are highly placed in the church.. Yet no one to share my burdens with.. So sad... Yet they think i am happy..i know many out there experience something similar but are helples.. Oh God have mercy on me.. Itz calamitous to be the child of a fanatic especially if you don't wanna be a fanatic also.... Advises pls.. What can I do? So so depressed.. Feel like dieing to be reborn elsewhere

Cc:lalasticlala

Pls manage until u get a job and leave their house. Until then, bear it. Go fellowship so u can get ur alowee. Be smart!

2 Likes

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Fawklicant: 12:04am On Dec 11, 2015
Ginaz:
O.p take heart, family sometimes can be a cursel. What I would advise you is to stand for your right, religion is not suppose to be a do and die affair. Is not about rigorous worshiping that will take you to heaven but rather by your heart.

You have a life of your own, dont not let you're parents kill your happiness. Cos the truth is, everybody will carry his own load. Be couragoues and live your life, dont live for anybody discrediting your life or dictating how you should live it.

God doesn't know religion, all he knows is a loyal and faithful servant. Sit your parents down and explain things to them. If they disown you, what makes you think God won't take you in? Look at the tiny birds in the heaven, they dont work for food or shelter but they are well taken care of. Follow a rightful path and God will lift you up. I understand your pains perfectly my dear, but I think its high time you stop existing and start living.
I pray God gives you the wisdom and strenght to overcome your depression.

The op is not mature for this line of advice you are giving him. Rebellion would only make matters worse at this time. IMO.

7 Likes

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by MsBliss(f): 12:04am On Dec 11, 2015
cry
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by opyzy(m): 12:08am On Dec 11, 2015
nairalander2015:
Good day nairaland.
As I write this... I am depressed, simply depressed.. If suicide led to heaven mayb i would have been a victim.
MY story
I was born into a deeper life family 20yrs ago.. And I can say i regret being born into deeper life.. I would ave preferred been converted there than being born there.
My travails started in secondary school.. Wen i failed to attend a fellowship, my mum talked harshly, slapped me an said i was a dishes disgrace.. Just because i failed to attend a school fellowship.. And I knew that I wasn't a bad kid.. Jes the gentle type.. Since then it has been bad... When others celebrate their mum.. I can't.. I am as far from my parents as anything.. Jes because they are deeperlifers.. I can't seat comfortably with my parents.. Cos of principles. Next was the battle concerning trousers.. She woke me up one black night with a thundering slap over a slim trouser.. Imagine dat was @16.. I cried and cried dat day.. Dat God made a mistake borning me in deeper life... Jes because i walked with a girl.. She banned me from going out..
Even at a young age... Threatened me that she"ll disown me if I marry a lady who wears wigs, trousers.. Omg.. Now.. I am in the university.. I never want to go home. I hate home.. I am depressed.. So so depressed.. My dad didn't send me any cash for a month cos a friend told him I failed to attend a midweek service.. Imagine.. Yet i am not rebellious. I know fellow guys like me who had big problems with their children but they were rebellious.. But i am not
I feel depressed writing this.. Spirituality without love is a disaster.. Aw i wish i wasn't born to a deeper life's family.. Itz a curse.. I am tired.. Itz threat all the time. I am not close to my parents.. Imagine.. Seems i should just die.. I now see my mum as a enemy.. Anytime i see her i am sad.. Talks too much about simple things in a bad manner quoting Bible over needless things.. Watching ball outside is a sin.. Visiting friends is a nono.. Cos they are highly placed in the church.. Yet no one to share my burdens with.. So sad... Yet they think i am happy..i know many out there experience something similar but are helples.. Oh God have mercy on me.. Itz calamitous to be the child of a fanatic especially if you don't wanna be a fanatic also.... Advises pls.. What can I do? So so depressed.. Feel like dieing to be reborn elsewhere

This isn't easy but I'll advise you to rebel against them at least for once, that will make them realise you ain't a kid anymore that can bossed around they will be caught off guard since you have not done it before they are pushing you to the wall and you have to strike back angry
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 12:09am On Dec 11, 2015
OP please try and love your mother no matter what,I know its not easy staying with "holier than thou parent". Your mum meant no harm,she is just trying to play the role of a godly mother. My mum did almost that to me but I played along until I started working n earning my own money. Presently she can only advise me not to dictate for me. Please endure and obey them until your are fit to stand all by yourself in life. God bless and help you.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 11, 2015
My question is, are you the only child? How are others treated?
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by thywobab(m): 12:11am On Dec 11, 2015
Endure,get out of skul,get a job nd move out.simple!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 11, 2015
If only ur parents can see this ur post here and they will certainly reduce in their restraints. Though to a large extent they just want the best for you but doing it the African way(strictness). You don't need do anything awkward or silly, life is too precious to let go like dat. With time you'll surely get off their hook. When next they coerce you, just tell them "you don't force a child to be a good child but rather you help a child learn to be a good child"

2 Likes

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by musicwriter(m): 12:12am On Dec 11, 2015
nairalander2015:
Good day nairaland.
MY story

How old are you?

Why not discuss with your parents all these things you've said?. Your parents are overzealous christians and probably are missing the point of belief in God. If you could say your age it would help me figure out the best advise for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by dapsonlou(m): 12:14am On Dec 11, 2015
Before I proceed are you as boy or a girl?
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by shollyboy2: 12:15am On Dec 11, 2015
My advice.. Just endure till you graduate, have a job of your own. and start feeding yourself.... the truth is for the fact that you still living with ya parents, and you sleeping under thier root, and they still give you money and food? they will keep Bossing you and decising for you... .. Go Make money my Nigga, Man up when you graduate Bro.. no one will Boss you around Again when you hustling for yourself.
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by butterflyatalan: 12:15am On Dec 11, 2015
M4gunners:
I don't know why they are telling you they are sorry. Your parents want the best for you. We all know how Africa Parents behave. If you can't respect what they told you you or how they wish you grow up, who will you respect?
My brother, as far as you are still living under their roof and they are training you in school, you must abide to their laws at least until you graduate.

And that's why Africans are so behind! There is a difference between discipline and just being a fanatic!....

4 Likes

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by OmoSenii(m): 12:16am On Dec 11, 2015
Op I feel your pain and I understand you perfectly,but just keep certain things in mind,suicide is not an option,you can't live without your parents and they can't live without you too,cus you'd need them one way or the other. And try to be more independent from your write up I could tell you rely on em so much so free them a bit and carry your financial burden yourself BE A MAN BRAAH! grin and change your church it won't kill you, God answers prayers of a sincere heart. And to that your stupid friend that reported you (send his number) undecided .Finally stand your ground!!!!!! Be a mannnn!!!! Make your decisions!!! Live your life!!! smiley
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by menix(m): 12:17am On Dec 11, 2015
Jes them get luck say u no tear eye..
Jes by the time u smoke weed come house them go pack go church..
Jes, just keep managing until you ve graduated then fly ur true colour..

I get ur pain dude, remember when It's semester breaks while my friends are all happy they were going home to enjoy I would go hide somewhere to cry cous I know my father..

3 Likes

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 11, 2015
OP, Just wait a little before taking action you might regret.

I had a father that lived in Onitsha, Anambara state while we lived in Enugu. Any time I heard news about him visiting home I got scared, really scared that I would lose appetite for food. Everyone in the family would be happy but I never, and always wondered why they were happy. That I was scared was not that he would push me into fire or something like that, just because he would check my lesson note and try to teach me maths. I hated it but now I love the experience and how he prepared me. He made me to be a village champion when it comes to book, especially mathematics.

OP, I know you will disagree with me but I am here to put it direct to you that your parents love you so much that they are afraid of losing you to the harsh world. Learn to enjoy them, it will not last forever and I will tell you that this experience you are having now will be the most cherished of all your childhood experiences.

I don't go to church, not because I don't want to go but no one to advise me, no one to reprimand me, no one to force me.
Please, If you still have your parents or any of them, please start loving them now. There is no father or mother out there. Not even your blood brother or sister will take their place. OP, be careful!

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Refused To Block The Guy She Cheated With / 15-Year-Old Marriage Crashing Over Mouth Action / Wife Seeks Divorce Over Impotence After Five Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.