Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

New Nigerian Flag Suggested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Nigerian Flag Suggested (5761 Views)

President Buhari Washing The Nigerian Flag (Painted Picture) / Nigerian Flag Designer, Taiwo Akinkunmi: Then And Now (Photos) / Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Revolution: 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
What do you think of this design for a new Nigerian... it stands for land (green), water (white) and sun (yellow).

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Ilaje44(m): 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
Revolution:
What do you think of this design for a new Nigerian... it stands for land (green), water (white) and sun (yellow).

Why the cross?

Red and blue combo has been very successful.
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by DjAndroid: 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2015
The land, water and sun, what do they stand for?
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by NigLasPresident: 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
DjAndroid:

maybe a dessert, vast farmland, or maybe the op never thought about that when designing the flag

1 Like

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Revolution: 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ilaje44:

Why the cross?

Red and blue combo has been very successful.

If you look at the map of Nigeria you'd notice that the river Niger crosses or meets the river Benue
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Khd95(m): 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
Abeg Comot dat yeye sun,b4 biafrans will claim that it was stolen frm their ''imaginary flag''gringrin

5 Likes

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Revolution: 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
DjAndroid:

The land is Nigeria's fertile and green vegetation, the water is rivers Niger and Benue and the sun is the tropical sunny climate that prevails in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Revolution: 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
Khd95:
Abeg Comot dat yeye sun,b4 biafrans will claim that it was stolen frm their ''imaginary flag''gringrin

Lol. Na dem invent sun abi na God?

Having said that, that might not be a bad thing as it might help them to integrate and feel part of Nigeria. The United Kingdom flag is a combination of the English, Scottish and Welsh flags
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by tpiar: 9:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
are Nigerians sun worshippers?

i dont get their fascination with the sun.
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by mcocolok(m): 9:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
what kind of flag is this? UNA DEY SCATTER THIS COUNTRY LIKE GARRI

1 Like

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Revolution: 9:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
tpiar:
are Nigerians sun worshippers?

i dont get their fascination with the sun.

Are the American's worshipers of the stars? They have 50 stars on their flag.
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Ilaje44(m): 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
Revolution:

If you look at the map of Nigeria you'd notice that the river Niger crosses or meets the river Benue

You cannot lecture me in Geography, I scored A1 in WASCE, and I have kept my self up to date ever since I left school a long time ago. I asked you what is the cross doing in the flag? You don't mean to say the confluence of both rivers looks like a cross to you? Any symbol of religionism especially christiandom and islam should have no place at all.

3 Likes

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by tpiar: 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
Revolution:

wrong analogy.

your flag is your personal graphic, why must you add a sun to it?

does the current flag have a sun?
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Readwarn(m): 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
I like the idea of the white cross,more or less like the "peace" keeping us as one (the different ethnic groups). And that Sun at the center like Abuja, the heart of Nigeria.

Nice Try!
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by ajani1978(m): 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
Remove the Cross (+)make it (Y ) shape

3 Likes

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by ajani1978(m): 10:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
Remove the Cross (+)make it (Y ) shape river Niger and Benue is cross but letter Y
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Revolution: 10:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ilaje44:

You cannot lecture me in Geography, I scored A1 in WASCE, and I have kept my self up to date ever since I left school a long time ago. I asked you what is the cross doing in the flag? You don't mean to say the confluence of both rivers looks like a cross to you? Any symbol of religionism especially christiandom and islam should have no place at all.

Lol. It is not a religious symbol. But if you prefer, it can be done like this...

1 Like

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by NigLasPresident: 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
Revolution:

Each stars on the U.S flag represent the 50original state that makes up the USA
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by NigLasPresident: 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
ajani1978:
Remove the Cross (+)make it (Y ) shape river Niger and Benue is cross but letter Y

I think he tried to but couldn't do the y thing so he opted for other options
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Revolution: 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
ajani1978:
Remove the Cross (+)make it (Y ) shape

Yes, that is another option. I had been considering this because it looks more than the shape of the rivers but I think the cross looks nice. Here it is anyway...

1 Like

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Revolution: 10:36pm On Dec 12, 2015
NigLasPresident:

Each stars on the U.S flag represent the 50original state that makes up the USA

I know they represent states but it is still stars.
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
well nice try OP. I guess you decided to come up with this idea after the BBC called our flag boring.

I don't see the need for a flag change, neither do I see the need for an anthem change.

if Nigeria is the world's super power, our green white green will almost be worshipped all over the world.

But I give it to you OP, you are creative.

1 Like

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by ckmayoca: 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
Is this one a rising sun abi setting sun? Iranu! The flag is set as it is currently
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by baralatie(m): 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
Green,white and green is faaaar better and ideal
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by oluwafreshkid(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2015
Bringing your fictional imagination to play because of your rudimentary skills in Corel Draw or whatever application you employed to "design" a flag of a country - the largest population in Africa, is is tantamount to an uprising and a coup. But thank God for democracy, we all can express our 2 kobo opinion. this shouldn't go beyond this platform. lipsrsealed
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by drizslim(m): 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
Change cannot always be given to you, sometimes when you don't see the change you need, you have to bring the change yourself.
- Waheed
Waheed is a bus conductor in Oshodi. Now read the post above again.
Any different meaning?
Kwantinue.....

3 Likes

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by tpiar: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ioannes:
well nice try OP. I guess you decided to come up with this idea after the BBC called our flag boring.

they did?

How/why?
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Revolution: 11:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
tpiar:

they did?

How/why?

It wasn't the BBC that called it boring, it was a Nigerian interviewed on the BBC that said it is boring.

New Zealand has just changed her flag and the winning flag, chosen by a referendum, was designed 15 years ago. So you never know, one of the above designs might become Nigeria's flag in years to come.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11559764
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Ilaje44(m): 11:35pm On Dec 12, 2015
Revolution:

Lol. It is not a religious symbol. But if you prefer, it can be done like this...

This is still a cross, infact, it's the Saint Andrews Cross. It's on the scottish flag, as well as the Union Jack. Cross and half moon are religious symbols.

I'd prefer a combo of red and blue and gold. Green is just too plain, and uninteresting.
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Revolution: 11:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ilaje44:

This is still a cross, infact, it's the Saint Andrews Cross. It's on the scottish flag, as well as the Union Jack. Cross and half moon are religious symbols.

I'd prefer a combo of red and blue and gold. Green is just too plain, and uninteresting.

You must be referring to the 2nd version. The third version below is a Y, not a cross.

Any, what would the red and blue colours represent?

Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Ups01(m): 12:08am On Dec 13, 2015
THE FIRST ONE IS DOPE!
Re: New Nigerian Flag Suggested by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 13, 2015
What kind of green will a teacher call this?
I'd have preferred a more common and usual green.
Op. Nice though

(1) (2) (Reply)

2018 Nigeria Youth Peace Conference Set To Hold / UK To Commit 47.4m Pounds On Nigeria’s 2019 Elections / XENOPHOBIA: Funny Twitter Exchange Between South African And Nigerian!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.