Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out (53313 Views)

Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification / How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data / Mtn Stops Xtracool As Directed By Ncc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Intendy: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
we are truly in a new era. that's the way it should operate

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by saintgoogle(m): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:
Has anyone noticed that MTN no longer deducts your money whenever you exhaust your data??

I was surprised when my browsing came to a halt when I was surfing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surfing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest surprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to continue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surfing continue.

NOTE: if you are a member of 15mb family just dial *406*5# to subscribe for MTN #5 for 5mb daily.
Just type data on in capital letters and send it to 131

The effect of $5 Billion grin grin grin grin

This is the change that we seek.

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by dmcdad: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
emma1975:
Etisalat has not comply yet. The rate at which etisalat deduction is too much. If you want. To use their bate 10mb before you know it they will remove all your money. God Dey sa.
Bros no vex oooooo. Wetin 10MB wan reach you do?shocked
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by soochukwu(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Your observation is correct,my data exhausted yet the small balance i had still remained.
Canme4u:
Has anyone noticed that MTN no longer deducts your money whenever you exhaust your data??

I was surprised when my browsing came to a halt when I was surfing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surfing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest surprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to continue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surfing continue.

NOTE: if you are a member of 15mb family just dial *406*5# to subscribe for MTN #5 for 5mb daily.

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
The 15mb code is only limited to MTN Pulse customers undecided
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by VocalWalls: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2015
Lalasticlala, please change it to 'Deductimg' not 'Stealing'

This isn't professional.

cc: Seun

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Donkunxex(m): 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
They dont amdont that on my line.. ever since the fine was imposed.. so when my data runs out,ny airtime is still there ... I cant even browse with my airtime again
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by ndcide(m): 7:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
For me, I think when data bundle is finished, you shouldn't have data access and your credit remains.

I hate a situation when you'll have 10mb and 500naira credit on phone, suddenly the data is finished and the 500naira credit removed and you want to make an urgent call and you find out that your credit is wasted on instant deductions.

It's a NO for me

Data exhausted , don't take my credit.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by maureen546: 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
I notice it all d time ooooh,

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by poiu77: 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
[size=28pt]Obasanjom is the correct spelling.. It is not a Yoruba name.. It is Ekpe people from Cross river state or akwa ibom, cameroon.. that why No yoruba person bear the name. some igbo can interpret the meaning of the word.
And obasanjo illegal collected the taxes of the country of western nigeria... which is an international crime.

You most find out about people.. before you people write nonsense.

And 16 years now Nigeria have illegally collected the country if western Nigeria taxes and oil revenues which is illegal. Obasanjo was involve in illegally collecting the country of western Nigeria money.

You need to see the state the military barracks is. They had no human compassion on the people of western Nigeria. It is sad. That African are mean to other African
Ask your igbo friend. what does Obasanjom mean in igbo.

Obasinjom is Ekpe people, cross rivers, igbo will say Obasanjom.

Obasanjo is not from the country of western nigeria. He is from Nigeria..

Not a Yoruba name..

Famous Obasinjom cult and Obasinjom Warrior of the people of cross river and cameroon

Read the life and work of bate besong. It is a book..

also read the book the power of evil..
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC4QaLD8a2k
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3188561_untitled_jpegf00b416e41190686e1165a3b44a1bf51
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3188562_untitledc_jpeg1b1e543fbf397eb5596ea6b2c6cc21d6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3185495_imagef_jpeg09e4569f13dc6bc152dac5ea18b9665b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3185530_imagefg_jpegdcaff23377cbab5154b92e11653ea35c

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by osothermal(m): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
Glo still does it they keep on deducting from my account even when am on BBm subscription telling me my last data usage was #10 as so as d case may be its so so annoying they use to deduct it till the credit finishes
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
dmcdad:

Simple Server.cheesy

Still on the same page cheesy

Y'ello
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
I noticed this too

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Hezolad07(m): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
Na only you they this platform[quote author=shreck post=40959078][/quote]
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by anetuno(m): 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2015
God punish MTN

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by mindtricks: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

MTN, big but shameless network run by greedy management that dont know how to follow regulatory instructions without being forced to do so.

Little wonder why some interpret M T N to mean Mugu Telecommunication Network!

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by dmcdad: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2015
LARRYDKING:

Still on the same page cheesy
Y'ello
Good.cheesy
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by just2endowed: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

True talk, they auto subscribe people to caller tune, English learning etc.

At times they will send u Push msgs once u mistakenly press OK ur own don set be that. Even Glo used to do that push msg one.

I have fallen victim of this trick many times. Someone should pls post how to unsubcribed from this fraudulent sms

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by cyprus000: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
Emmagenius:

And i think NCC should stop MTN from deducting people's credit without permission and the most annonying is that there is no way to unsubsribe. For one useless fashion TIPS and MUSIC. I feel like filling a case against this MTN Rubbish Network
[size=13pt]
When you are in such situation. Call the costumer care and tell them to "refresh" your sim.

By doing so. All your previous subscrition(known and unknown), call log, and other history will be cleared.

Your sim will be just lyk a new sim you bought today.
[/size]
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by donhils: 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
emma1975:
Etisalat has not comply yet. The rate at which etisalat deduction is too much. If you want. To use their bate 10mb before you know it they will remove all your money. God Dey sa.
Exactly. Etisalat is still taking my money, they still took it yesterday.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2015
dmcdad:

Good.cheesy

Economic #350 a week.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by dmcdad: 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
LARRYDKING:

Economic #350 a week.
Yes oooooo. I use it exclusively on PC. For my phone, I subscribe a 1GB monthly plan. SS is simply for downloading, downloading and downloading.cheesycheesycheesy
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Sparkle777(f): 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
But they still deduct if u borrow airtime from them, as if u ll not pay back. Mtsceeeeeww

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Fixryte(m): 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
Thank God for that small fine levied on them

they will soon get another fine because of silly sms prompt they always send to people, and deducting their credit if yoy mistakingly press OK .

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Fixryte(m): 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
Thank God for that small fine levied on them

they will soon get another fine because of silly sms prompt they always send to people, and deducting their credit if yoy mistakingly press OK .

eg:
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by opelyem(m): 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
SirLegal:
Noticed it on my Simple Server.

Back then whenever I recharged my phone, and did the SS, I must make sure that I used every bit of remaining balance before starting the simple server. Or else... Am done for.

But now, I can recharge and use SS without making irrelevant calls just to exhaust it.
pls can you explain to me how to use ds simple server on my android phone
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by HaneefahRN(f): 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
Really? Aitel too, I thought my phone was going gaga when I 1st noticed, I put it off and then on, same thing

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by electrokcoi(m): 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2015
I wish FG go force them to return all de money dem don thief to their customers I for Happy weeeeelllllllllllaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Boyooosa(m): 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2015
Omotayor123:
I haven't noticed... Maybe because I don't wait for my Data to exhaust before I renew!
Forming mama... How can u make another subscription without exhausting d current. We wey dey do 20g sef never comment cheesy
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Eeroh95(m): 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2015
Yeah I've experienced it too ooo

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Georgville(m): 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
dmcdad:

Yes oooooo. I use it exclusively on PC. For my phone, I subscribe a 1GB monthly plan. SS is simply for downloading, downloading and downloading.cheesycheesycheesy

Heard it makes phones hot and so nt gud for phones life.. How true?
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by oramaster: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
Good one. Its always nice to catch these networks sometimes most especially MTN. It just makes you feel like a hero for millions of naija ppl they have defrauded. I for one dont like to subscribe to any of their offers because MTN NEVER BLESSES YOU WITHOUT ADDING SORROW. Bible students who else that you know that does this? DEV...... lipsrsealed. I ones told this to a customer service guy one time, the guy one laff die grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Are Unable To Recharge Your MTN Line Across Bank Channels / Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back / GLO's TGIF Bundle, Weekend Data Plan - 3GB For #500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.