Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out (53324 Views)

Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification / How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data / Mtn Stops Xtracool As Directed By Ncc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 12:29am On Dec 15, 2015
dmcdad:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. So you don enter that one-chance? cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

Lol, I dey tell u bro. I just summarized some big curses on them one time.
cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by dmcdad: 12:30am On Dec 15, 2015
Canme4u:

Lol, I dey tell u bro. I just summarized some big curses on them one time. cheesy cheesy grin grin
Lol @ summarise.cheesy

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by davidodesanmi: 12:44am On Dec 15, 2015
LOOKING FOR A FORKLIFT MECHANIC,ELECTRICIAN,CALL:09092925709. DO U KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A FORKLIFT,CALL 09092925709 for urgent employment in a BOTTLING COMPANY.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Birniwa(m): 1:07am On Dec 15, 2015
Canme4u:
Has anyone noticed that MTN no longer deducts your money whenever you exhaust your data??

I was surprised when my browsing came to a halt when I was surfing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surfing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest surprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to continue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surfing continue.

NOTE: if you are a member of 15mb family just dial *406*5# to subscribe for MTN #5 for 5mb daily.

The effect of $5 Billion grin grin grin grin

This is the change that we seek.

I'm only here to fix a grammatical error in your heading. It should actually be written as "MTN Stopped Deducting Call Credit After Data Runs Out" and not the way OP constructed it.

I hope I don't actually have to explain why it should be written this way.

Thank you.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Xhaka(m): 1:18am On Dec 15, 2015
The way they sweep my Data and money while watch Tecno own the stage on my boom player ehn cry
Ncc will help me collect it from them
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by just2endowed: 1:39am On Dec 15, 2015
Canme4u:

Someone said u should text STOP ALL to 131 while another person sugest that you should call customer care and ask them to refresh your line.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Emeka71(m): 7:01am On Dec 15, 2015
Omotayor123:
I haven't noticed... Maybe because I don't wait for my Data to exhaust before I renew!
Always among the early birds on home-page.

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Emeka71(m): 7:06am On Dec 15, 2015
Canme4u:

Your own don good be that oooo, oya transfer some free credits to me grin
I don't think free credit is transferrable; only purchased credit.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by MabraO: 7:18am On Dec 15, 2015
I noticed that with airtel some months ago
I guess these telecom people were all out to rip their customers
Finally God pass them

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Omotayor123(f): 7:26am On Dec 15, 2015
Freemanan:

My money speaking...
undecided
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by ojnnaco(m): 7:27am On Dec 15, 2015
Trust me.. MTN is upto something
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Joshkid(m): 7:37am On Dec 15, 2015
Canme4u:

E never left oooo, dem use wayoo for our head by changing the code. *406*4# to opt out and *406*5# to opt in

Cheers.
Jah Bless you big time! *smiles*

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by harsysky(m): 7:51am On Dec 15, 2015
Canme4u:

Lols, my balance r nt usually up to #100 but am sure they are no longer deducting money once ur data is finish.

Once bitten twice shy. I've learnt my lessons!
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 7:57am On Dec 15, 2015
Emeka71:
I don't think free credit is transferrable; only purchased credit.

I was just kidding, thanks anyway.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 8:08am On Dec 15, 2015
Birniwa:

I'm only here to fix a grammatical error in your heading. It should actually be written as "MTN Stopped Deducting Call Credit After Data Runs Out" and not the way OP constructed it.

I hope I don't actually have to explain why it should be written this way.

Thank you.

I have bad usage of syntax but believe me when I say that was not the heading I used, the mod modified it before moving it to front page.

My first sentence was the heading I used.

Anyway, thanks for the correction.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Bobbyjay001(m): 9:00am On Dec 15, 2015
How did you do it?
Pls,send me the code. I am novice.

lovely17:
Yes been calling freely for a week now cheesy
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Youngpo413: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2015
Djboosting:

What is the opt out/ opt in code?
airtel webpass is better.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by lovely17(m): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2015
Bobbyjay001:
How did you do it?
Pls,send me the code. I am novice.

My brother no code oh they just dash me
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Rexyl(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2015
Youngpo413:

How does subscriber make use of that?
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Youngpo413: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2015
Rexyl:

How does subscriber make use of that?
webpass dot opera dot com,only for opera mini.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by adaxxy: 11:10am On Dec 15, 2015
They have not changed,
I no longer recharge MTN line again because they steal my money,
I sent a number number to my colleague on Sunday, Monday ,Tuesday and Wednesday they deducted 15naira each,
#15 was deducted on day for message I didnot send same on Tuesday then I called them on Tuesday night that they should stop billing me or I report them to ncc,
Then on Wednesday money I was staring at my phone message of #15 was sent to me and the only time I sent a message was on Sunday
,I called again and the lady said I sent messages to international number which was not tru,
Then only time I sent message was on Sunday and they deducts 15naira everyday normal message is 4naira now.
So now I only use wifi on mtn line so I want to see how they are going to still credits.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by CioAngels(f): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2015
When mtn is ready they will stripe you of your main balance, mtn gave me 20mb on recharge rather than charge from mb while brownsing they removed 880n from my main balance. I shout o and they refunded me fast. As for airtel, they are deducting 10n everyday for not subscribing for anything. These networks are sytlishly stealing from consumers.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Trustyd1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
Canme4u:
Has anyone noticed that MTN no longer deducts your money whenever you exhaust your data??

I was surprised when my browsing came to a halt when I was surfing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surfing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest surprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to continue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surfing continue.

NOTE: if you are a member of 15mb family just dial *406*5# to subscribe for MTN #5 for 5mb daily.

The effect of $5 Billion grin grin grin grin

This is the change that we seek.
Text "DATA ON" without the quote to 131

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by chaberry(m): 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
Canme4u:

Thats what am using right now, have done it like 3 times this morning alone grin am loving this walahi grin
Please, how can i subscribe to this 5mb data?
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
chaberry:
Please, how can i subscribe to this 5mb data?

*406*5# to opt in and *406*4# to opt out. Once u exhaust the first 1 u will need to opt out before opting in again. U can repeat that for as many time as you wish.

Cheers.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
Trustyd1:
Text "DATA ON" without the quote to 131

Thank you sir.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
CioAngels:
When mtn is ready they will stripe you of your main balance, mtn gave me 20mb on recharge rather than charge from mb while brownsing they removed 880n from my main balance. I shout o and they refunded me fast. As for airtel, they are deducting 10n everyday for not subscribing for anything. These networks are sytlishly stealing from consumers.

I`m 99% sure they have changed. As am sending this message, I recharged #100 yesterday and I have no data, have been using #5 for 5mb since yesterday have done it like 3 to 4 times today and everytime I exhaust it the browsing will stop and I`ll re-do it again and they have not deduct even a kobo from my money.

I confirmed it before opening this thread.

Try it and feed me back.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
adaxxy:
They have not changed,
I no longer recharge MTN line again because they steal my money,
I sent a number number to my colleague on Sunday, Monday ,Tuesday and Wednesday they deducted 15naira each,
#15 was deducted on day for message I didnot send same on Tuesday then I called them on Tuesday night that they should stop billing me or I report them to ncc,
Then on Wednesday money I was staring at my phone message of #15 was sent to me and the only time I sent a message was on Sunday
,I called again and the lady said I sent messages to international number which was not tru,
Then only time I sent message was on Sunday and they deducts 15naira everyday normal message is 4naira now.
So now I only use wifi on mtn line so I want to see how they are going to still credits.

Is your phone a new one? Have you tried recharging another line on the phone?
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Djboosting: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
Youngpo413:

How does that work?
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Djboosting: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
Canme4u:

I`m 99% sure they have changed. As am sending this message, I recharged #100 yesterday and I have no data, have been using #5 for 5mb since yesterday have done it like 3 to 4 times today and everytime I exhaust it the browsing will stop and I`ll re-do it again and they have not deduct even a kobo from my money.

I confirmed it before opening this thread.

Try it and feed me back.

How can etisalat "pay as you go rate" be stopped from deducting one's balance?
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 8:01am On Dec 16, 2015
Djboosting:

How can etisalat "pay as you go rate" be stopped from deducting one's balance?

Etisalat shortcode is YES / NO to 1111 to stop and start the pay as u go.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by ewosk: 8:51am On Dec 16, 2015
Canme4u:

Thats what am using right now, have done it like 3 times this morning alone grin am loving this walahi grin

So it stil works

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back / Why You Are Unable To Recharge Your MTN Line Across Bank Channels / GLO's TGIF Bundle, Weekend Data Plan - 3GB For #500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.