Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out (53314 Views)

Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification / How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data / Mtn Stops Xtracool As Directed By Ncc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Awoofawo(m): 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

Yes, I`m aware of the warning but am supprised they are implementing it very fast.

That is the effect of no business as usual.

$5billion fine comes to mind.
dem stil chop my 200 naira pere dis morning just cos I check nairaland frontpage to find something worthy to comment on! Seun must compensate me for the lost! cool On serious note, still can't understand the unnecessary deduction from mtn line and the scam that I subscribed to phony daily tips or news that is eating my credit, anyone know how to unsubscribe from all the yeye mtn wayo! Don jelejele go re-regist my airtel today! Go dey use mtn on pc to collect all illegal deduction back! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by marwanafrica: 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
Omotayor123:
I haven't noticed... Maybe because I don't wait for my Data to exhaust before I renew!

ehen hn
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by surugede(m): 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:
Has anyone noticed that MTN no longer deducts your money whenever you exhaust your data??

I was surprised when my browsing came to a halt when I was surfing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surfing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest surprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to continue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surfing continue.

NOTE: if you are a member of 15mb family just dial *406*5# to subscribe for MTN #5 for 5mb daily.

The effect of $5 Billion grin grin grin grin

This is the change that we seek.

I don't know what you are saying ooo. On the 6th of this month they zapped my 5k worth of credit under same guise, see picture . So when did they stop it ?

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by oramaster: 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Sparkle777:
But they still deduct if u borrow airtime from them, as if u ll not pay back. Mtsceeeeeww

B4 nko, you borrow with interest. if dem no do like some ppl will be living and flexin on borrowed credits
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by dmcdad: 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Georgville:

Heard it makes phones hot and so nt gud for phones life.. How true?
Very true. I never use it on my phone. Not good at all.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
I for say!!!

I powered my psiphon today and expected etisalat to zap my bal as usual but it was still intact. I was surprised... Oh well

grin

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Fixryte(m): 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
it remains to fine them this :

they will soon get another fine because of silly sms prompt they always send to people

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Arrowman(m): 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
To continue with money, you should dial *131*200# i have been using it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by duruallwell25(m): 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2015
And i think NCC should stop MTN from deducting people's credit without permission and the most annonying is that there is no way to unsubsribe. For one useless fashion TIPS and MUSIC. I feel like filling a case against this MTN Rubbish Network

bro just text STOP ALL to 131 and all their illegal subscriptions will be cancelled. EMPTY HENS, their dubious days are numbered.

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by babasolo(m): 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:
Has anyone noticed that MTN no longer deducts your money whenever you exhaust your data??

I was surprised when my browsing came to a halt when I was surfing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surfing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest surprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to continue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surfing continue.

NOTE: if you are a member of 15mb family just dial *406*5# to subscribe for MTN #5 for 5mb daily.

ya i had similar problems also i called customer care, to continue browsing wit ur airtime send RESET to 131... U will get a confirmation msg

2 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by shreck(m): 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2015
RESET to 131 activate browsing internet with credit.
SUSPEND to deactivate browsing internet with credit.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by oramaster: 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
Another of mts's numerous scam.is the *885*credit-pin# to double your recharge. i got this message on my phone and i be like make i catch this ppl today but i was still apprehensive and decided to try with just #100. the message was successful saying your recharge was successful, you have received extra #100. dial *559*9# to view your balance. i did just that just to see the reality , your main balance is #100 your bonus is #100. bonus balance starts counting after you exhaust main balance, bonus balance expires 11:59pm tonight

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

guy does this #5 for 5mb still works? I thought they halted it a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Djboosting: 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

Thats what am using right now, have done it like 3 times this morning alone grin am loving this walahi grin

What is the opt out/ opt in code?

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by arsenal33: 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
MathsChic:

NCC recently warned(?) MTN, GLO and other networks about deducting customer balance after data subscription comes to an end. According to NCC, only Etisalat was compliant. They informed them that if the same thing persisted, they'd institute another fine. I guess they all are compliant now.

This was an easy thing all networks could have done. Instead they took the shorter route which not only saved them the necessary work, but enriched them unjustly when data subscription runs to zero.

And some mumus keep saying there is no change

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by cyberguy72(m): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

idiot! pls dnt let MTN change their mind wot nonsense CHANGE
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by kolladey(m): 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

Etisalat shortcode is YES to 1111.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by LordEmperoris1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
dmcdad:

Yes oooooo. I use it exclusively on PC. For my phone, I subscribe a 1GB monthly plan. SS is simply for downloading, downloading and downloading.cheesycheesycheesy
make una take time

abeg,i no wan make dem block am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
ahswear, i thought i was dreaming. . .i been dey browse til when browsing com halt! i dan think say /omo, this mtn dan chop my card o/ i come exit browser com check card, your ipulse bal is still N10,000 : 00. i been dey hail my phone say na comfam phne, i no knw say mtn dan recieve christ too.

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by allytinted: 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
cruzita:
a beg which code dem dey use suscribe for Airtel weekend plan wey dem go give u 1gb for 100
AIRTEL Nigeria has just introduced weekend
data bundle capped at 1024mb (1gb) for just
#100 only..
Dial *474*1# to activate!
Dial *140# to check data. It can be use only
on weekends (Friday – Sunday).
You can now download whatever you want to
download and stream online.
not all airtel sims though
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by kenturcky(m): 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
If u want to continue ur browsing after data exhausted.. just text reset to 131. Only in MTN
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
i had N200 on my other mtn line, i inserted d sim into d phne to make a call, i still dey flash teeth until 12messages frm callertunez drop for my inbox at the same time. i knew that my grandmothers enemy was already using gps to locate my money. i opened d messages and what i saw baffled me. ^yello, you dan subscribe to callertunez, we dan forcefully yarn 50naira frm you, yello, you dan download davido gobe callertunez, anoda 50naira. on and on^i checked my bal nd i saw just 50naira remaining. i recently put d sim in my phne again, had 70naira on it 4 simpleserver when one msg entered ^yello, u av subscribed to mtn callerfeel, 30naira has been deducted' if u c d speed i used to to make call b4 they say ^for nt using ur DYA account, we have emptied ur balance^

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Sparkle777(f): 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
oramaster:

B4 nko, you borrow with interest. if dem no do like some ppl will be living and flexin on borrowed credits

Noo, I mean that they deduct after charging me ten percent. They deduct for data also. I had abt #37 borrowed airtime but after browsing for an hour. The whole airtime had been deducted despite havin almost 2gb.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by dmcdad: 8:52pm On Dec 14, 2015
LordEmperoris1:
make una take time

abeg,i no wan make dem block am
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I don dey use am for 8 months now. No shaking.cheesy
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Joshkid(m): 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

You mean the #5 for 5mb is bck??
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by oramaster: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
off to watch Liecester vs Chelsea. I heard some1 is about to win 4million naira depending on how the results swing tonight. His bet is on Chelsea. Prayer for him guys. These bookies too don chop us too much. any opportunity to chop dem back is always welcome
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by NnamdiN: 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
Emmagenius:

And i think NCC should stop MTN from deducting people's credit without permission and the most annonying is that there is no way to unsubsribe. For one useless fashion TIPS and MUSIC. I feel like filling a case against this MTN Rubbish Network
call 180, theyll deactivate it for you. Or text ULEN to 700(may not work, fastest way is to call)
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by DEIFIED(m): 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
Airtel are yet to comply.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Mcslize: 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2015
Emmagenius:

Not only u bro....MTN is a thief network. They always deduct my money every day for one stupid Music Plus I didn't subscribe for. I call customer care to terminate d MTN music plus they always charge me for. The worst is dat I didn't subscribe for it...and even after their customer care terminate it for me it still keep on reoccurring. Now I am no longer recharging that line cuz they wil take my airtime without using the airtime. So so bad.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by harsysky(m): 9:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

Maybe, just maybe the airtym left on your phone isn't upto 500 and above. MTN don't want small , small money now , cos they've gat debt to pay.

I use MTN , but I don't trust them for one bit. Not after they swallowed my 800 naira airtym...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Are Unable To Recharge Your MTN Line Across Bank Channels / Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back / GLO's TGIF Bundle, Weekend Data Plan - 3GB For #500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.