Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? (815 Views)

Dino Malaye Writes About Obama In A Church / PMB Seats Gallantly Besides Obama In The G7 Summit. / Ask Any Question About Ghana. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? by AjaraEwuro: 11:34am On Jun 04, 2009
Is Egypt not in Africa? Whats the fuss about him visiting Ghana first?
Re: Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? by Litmus: 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2009
I do not think most of us Nigerians have anything against Ghana. In my experience, Nigerians appear to like people from all African countries beter than they like us. I think that Nigerians attribute symbolism to Obama’s actions.  Nigerians really, really prayed and hoped for Obama to win that election, in a way I do not believe was true of Ghanaians, so Nigerians were quite shocked that Obama did not appear to reciprocate their feelings.

I think that Nigerians are way up there educationally but quite naïve about world politics. I always knew Obama would do what he did. To understand and predict what Obama would do in the context of Nigeria in future, Nigerians should ask themselves how would Ophra Winfrey act towards Nigeria were she the American president.
Re: Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? by AKO1(m): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2009
Nigerians are angry because he is going to our next door neighbor instead of us.

He is going to the branch before coming to the 'headquarters'; the so-called self-proclaimed 'Giant of Africa'.

Its not even that much of a big deal.

Let people that are more deserving get a visit from Obama.
Re: Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? by lannre(m): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2009
And what stop us from having a leader that all other countries will be willing to host. Shame of a nation. Obama has many problem to solve in the state. Less talk (Rebranding) we need action we need development. Power ! Light ! one point Agenda
Re: Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? by walata44(m): 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2009
North of Africa only exist on the map as Africa. Politically, culturally, religious etc they count themselves to be Arabs. The real Africa are the sub-Sahara Africans.
Re: Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? by redsun(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2009
U got it,they are arabs.We just on about america as if americans are aleins.Why can't we just see ourselves first and solve our own problems?
Re: Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? by PapaBrowne(m): 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2009
Technically, Egypt isn't African, but Arab.
Re: Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? by redsun(m): 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2009
Rather,arabs occupiers.

(1) (Reply)

Plaese can any One give me Dr Chris Ngige Election Campaign Website. / Irate Policeman Raids Hospital, Kills Kids Over Own Daughter's Death / Gbosa:china’s Foreign Reserves Hit $2,399bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.