Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Pt.1 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Pt.1 (711 Views)

She Loves Me So Much She Had To Do This..(picture Of 18+) / Signs He Loves You Even If He Doesn’t Say It Out Loud / My Boyfriend Told Me He Loves Me But Still Has Feelings For His Ex Back Home :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Pt.1 by pinkylady1(f): 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2009
When Alicia met Parker, she felt life could finally have some meaning. She had always been in relationships where she was in control. She was in control of her feelings, in control of how they treated her, in control of the relationships basically. She knew what she wanted and would never settle for less; hence she also had so many break ups to her name. She didn’t think this was a problem cause she felt it was better to be alone than unhappy.

There were some good relationships but they all never lasted. She couldn’t stand laziness, deception, infidelity, immaturity and plain wickedness. She loved with all her heart and hated with the same intensity. This meant that when she decided that relationship was over it was so over.

Just before she met Parker though, she had been in an emotionally abusive relationship. Se knew it was all wrong, but didn’t have the courage to walk away. What a change. This was as a result of all her friends accusing her of being impatient, hence all the break ups.

Any way, she had been dating Peter, and apart from physically hitting her she had taken it all. He never spent any money on her, so she had to foot their bills all the time; she didn’t mind too much, she was a successful barrister. He also jokingly called her names, and explained why he felt the names applied. She took it all because she wanted to be patient and she was 33 so she wanted to get married too, and soon. They broke up after 5 months. And in an amazing twist of events, he broke up with her. She didn’t dwell on him for a second. She cried for a few hours over her stupidity and the fact that she was closer to 34 than when she actually met him, but Monday brought work and a channel for all her pent up tension.

She met Parker at a work luncheon. He was a journalist for the local paper, and they hit it off immediately. Alicia however wasn’t looking for a relationship, because she had just finished with Peter 2 months prior. They went out a lot after that, he paid (what a nice change). He was thoughtful, kind, considerate, complemented her, not patronizingly but in such a way that she actually believed him. She felt her heart go to him, but put it all in check; she wasn’t looking for a relationship.

Two months later, they were talking everyday, going on camping trips over the weekends, attending friends’ events together, everyone believed they were dating but she still wasn’t looking for a relationship. Se however had started to fall in love with him, and hoped she would meet someone like him, personality wise, that she could date. On her 34th birthday, he organized a surprise party for her and proposed. Imagine that! Even if she wanted to say no, she couldn’t have, all their friends were there. In any case she wanted to say yes, and she did. Her previous reluctance about the relationship concerned his age, he was 30, but he acted so maturely, she hardly thought about it.

Alicia went into lover mode. She showered parker with all her love and full attention, she neglected her friends. She lived for him. She figured it was aright seeing as they were to be married in 15 months. She gave him her all. For the first 3 months in to the engagement she was blissfully in cloud nine. He burst her bubble and brought her back to earth on his 31st birthday. Alicia had been planning a weekend away to St. Croix as a special surprise for him. She thought it would be wonderful. His actual birthday was on the Thursday, and she went over to his place and cooked a wonderful meal, invited 2 of their friends over, and proceeded to have lovely time. After dinner, they went into the den and they all watched the local news.

Alicia slipped into the kitchen after a while, and was nibbling on some of the casserole when Parker walked in. he hugged her and thanked her, then asked her why she had to eat so much. She thought he was joking and laughingly asked him, what he meant. A dark look crossed his face, and he hit the spoon out of her hand and screamed that she was beginning to look like a baboon. Alicia felt like she was having an out of body experience and started to cry. Parker icily told her not to embarrass him on his special day and walked out.

Stay tunned for the part two dats if you guys are interested

stay cool wink
Re: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Pt.1 by bblacky(f): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2009
interesting, waiting 4 d next part, oya n wast time wink
Re: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Pt.1 by Shentz(f): 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2009
oooo staying tunned cheesy
Re: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Pt.1 by pinkylady1(f): 8:58am On Jun 05, 2009
hi guys this is part 2 which is the remaining part
enjoy smiley wink grin

Driving home that night, Alicia’s vision was blurred with hot tears. She had cried a bit in the kitchen, then stopped. Packed up the rest of the food in Tupperware bowls, and made coffee for Parker and their guests. When she came into the den, their friends looked at her in concern but said nothing. Parker paid some compliment about her being the best thing that had ever happened to him; she heard nothing, she wasn’t listening. Two hours later, after they had said goodbye to their friends, Parker hugs her and says thank you. She challenges his violence to her and he starts to shout that she didn’t realize how bad he felt that she was becoming so fat and that if she cares about him at all, she would watch what she ate. Alicia, too stunned to speak, just said ok to him, and went to gather her things.

Back in her apartment, she made a cup of decaf coffee and curled on the sofa, with Enya playing on the stereo. She proceeded to examine the day. Maybe Parker was stressed; it had to be that he was stressed. He wasn’t normally mean. Maybe she had added some weight. Ok, so she needed to watch it right. Ok, she would go jogging in the morning before work. She had cancelled her gym membership a while back due to not having enough time as a result of her work schedule. She cried some more, and prayed that things wouldn’t be okay. She really wanted this one to work. She wasn’t working tomorrow but their flight was at 1pm. She had asked him to take the day off from work and she was going to drive them to the airport under the pretense of picking someone up from the airport. She knew where his passport was so she would get that when she went to pick him up. Better g to bed now, she thought to herself, while yawning. She checked the doors were locked, checked her mobile; no message from Parker. Bedtime.

Friday arrived, her alarm said 7a.m, but her body felt it was 3a.m. More sleep her body screamed, but then she remembered she needed to go jogging, she got her things out and went for a 30 minute run around the estate. When she got back in, her phone was ringing.

‘Hello.’

‘Hi baby.’ It was Parker.

‘Hi’

‘What you doing?’ He asked.

‘Nothing, just rounding up my packing.’ She didn’t want to say she had gone jogging. No need to give him the satisfaction. ‘Packing? Where you off to?”Nowhere, just packing some stuff up to take to the Salvation Army.’ Really Alicia; Salvation Army.

‘Oh, nice one. Right babes, could you swing by the Arcade and get some stuff for dinner tonight. I’ll be at work till a bit late.’

‘Work? Thought we were spending the day together. You said you were taking the day off.’

‘Yeah but I thought we could spend the evening together’

‘Day, Evening, two different times.’ Her mind was going into over drive.

‘Look we will spend some time together. I have to work. Deal with it. Money doesn’t just fly into my pocket. You might have dated losers in the past, but I know how to keep my priorities right’ His tone was so icy. ‘Pick up dinner.’ And he put the phone down.

Ok. What just happened Alicia thought, the receiver in her hand. First, he put the phone down, second, he was so vicious, and thirdly, their holiday. Well that’s what you get for trying to surprise someone. Anything could and has happened. She would just text him, and see if he can leave work then. She went out to the patio, and typed the text – Hi, Parker, I had booked a trip t St. Croix, as a birthday surprise to you, could you get out of work. Love, Lish. Bleep.

He replied quite promptly – Not going anywhere, you selfish cow. You just make plans and don’t care about the things I want to do. You think I am one of those clerks at your office, well no I am not. I ain’t going. Maybe you can go and have a nice time. Don’t bother coming over tonight.

Wow, where is all this coming from. Selfish cow? That’s a first, and if history served well,, it won’t be the last. This is the man she was meant to be marrying in a year, selfish cow. She was beside herself with shock. What was going on. Had she done anything wrong to offend him, why was he behaving like a psycho. Well, she would go on the holiday. She would take Amelia, her younger sister. They would have fun. She figured if she wasn’t there at is every beck and call then maybe he would miss her; she hoped he would. Well that settles it. Ring Amelia, ring travel agent, then pick Amelia up. Sorted. She went to get ready.

Alicia had a wonderful time, oh what a blast. The pampering, the food, the time spent catching up with Amelia. They had a good time. No calls or texts from Parker. She had international roaming on her phone. No contact at all, maybe he was seeing someone else. Well she would drive over later and talk things through with him. Arriving at her apartment, she noticed a light on, in her kitchen. Hmmm, she didn’t leave that on, did she? Well its just one light. She got her suitcase out the trunk and struggled up the stairs leading up to the apartment building. She had also done a considerable amount of shopping. She turned on the lights in her living room, and the next thing she felt was a sharp pain at the back of her head. She fell to the ground, and turned round to see Parker descend on her in fury. She tried to protect her face but to no avail, he threw blows at her like he was attacking a thief.

so what do u guys think uhmmmmm cry cry cry cry
Re: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Pt.1 by biola44: 9:22am On Jun 05, 2009
parker noticed her desperation n took advantage, she could av been luckier if her patience was earlier,
y do good gals get more bad guys lipsrsealed
Re: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Pt.1 by pinkylady1(f): 9:25am On Jun 05, 2009
biola44:

parker noticed her desperation n took advantage, she could av been luckier if her patience was earlier,
y do good gals get more bad guys lipsrsealed

can't stop wondering either

(1) (Reply)

Guys Must You Marry A Lady To Prove You Love Her. / How Can Love Go So Wrong Can I Really Let Her Go / Betrayal Of Trust.please Advice Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.