Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? (5457 Views)

Trump Cancelled Trip To Attend Opening Of New U.S Embassy In London, See Why(Pic / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
I created this account for personal reason, i have been member since 09….

Please i need ur urgent answer, my friend is preparing a sponsored visit for me to US, on his letter he pledge to take responsibility of me and that he will be held accountable for any of my action in the state, the thing here is, he’s married to a white woman, so he’s automatically a citizen… well we’ve paid agent to arrange the necessary documents, we submitted here including international passport, he said his wife have submitted all required documents in U.S, including a surety from his wife friend,because they said his wife must bring a third party to attest that the woman knows what she’s doing… To cut long story short, he said everything is okay now(Between the whole process took almost 3 months) that he’ll be expecting flight itineraries sooner or later from wifey(Also he said after getting everything set, he’ll be traveling to pick me up, we won’t be going same time)… Also, that they called him to come and sign some relevant stuffs as a sponsor in Nigeria US Embassy to pick the documents as well on my absence as none appearance, note, he said his wife sent his number to one man (Yoruba Man )in Nigeria Embassy Abuja that called him up… So the Ultimate Question here is, is it possible for anyone to collect traveling document with stamped international passport from Nigeria US embassy without the actual person presence i brought this up here because i kept wondering the authenticity of this package since he insist i won’t follow him to Abuja Embassy… Please i need a serious contribution from experience person, is it possible?
@justwise

1 Like

Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by donkarly(m): 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
Well,to the best of my knowledge, it is possible. There's what they call 'collection by proxy',meaning that the person collecting the document has the owner's written n signed authorization to do so on his behalf,but only after attending interview n your visa approved..

3 Likes

Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
donkarly:
Well,to the best of my knowledge, it is possible. There's what they call 'collection by proxy',meaning that the bearer has the owner's written n signed authorization to collect the document on his behalf

Thank you very much....
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
more help pls.. sad
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by claremont(m): 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
@OP: You may have possibly been scammed. The American embassy MUST interview you before issuing a visa.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
claremont:
@OP: You may have possibly been scammed. The American embassy MUST interview you before issuing a visa.
Seriously... What about what that guy said about proxy?
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by claremont(m): 7:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
schweinsteiger:

Seriously... What about what that guy said about proxy?
I don't think any embassy issues visas by proxy.

1 Like

Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
claremont:

I don't think any embassy issues visas by proxy.
Thought so as well, but lemme see how it pans out... Wish anyone on nairaland had experience same thing...
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by justwise(m): 8:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
schweinsteiger:

Please i need ur urgent answer, my friend is preparing a sponsored visit for me to US, on his letter he pledge to take responsibility of me and that he will be held accountable for any of my action in the state, the thing here is, he’s married to a white woman, so he’s automatically a citizen… well we’ve paid agent to arrange the necessary documents, we submitted here including international passport, he said his wife have submitted all required documents in U.S, including a surety from his wife friend, because they said his wife must bring a third party to attest that the woman knows what she’s doing… To cut long story short, he said everything is okay now(Between the whole process took almost 3 months) that he’ll be expecting flight itineraries sooner or later from wifey(Also he said after getting everything set, he’ll be traveling to pick me up, we won’t be going same time)… Also, that they called him to come and sign some relevant stuffs as a sponsor in Nigeria US Embassy to pick the documents as well on my absence as none appearance, note, he said his wife sent his number to one man (Yoruba Man )in Nigeria Embassy Abuja that called him up… So the Ultimate Question here is, is it possible for anyone to collect traveling document with stamped international passport from Nigeria US embassy without the actual person presence i brought this up here because i kept wondering the authenticity of this package since he insist i won’t follow him to Abuja Embassy… Please i need a serious contribution from experience person, is it possible?
@justwise

All scam, as a first timer you must attend an interview at American embassy. Your friend is a fraudulent individual.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
justwise:

All scam, as a first timer you must attend an interview at American embassy. Your friend is a fraudulent individual.

Since you've spoken... make i watchout... not worried about the money spent tho, just the time wasted & effort put in...
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by NanaF: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
This friend collected money from you or referred the agent to you right?

Scam
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by justwise(m): 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
schweinsteiger:

Please i need ur urgent answer, my friend is preparing a sponsored visit for me to US, on his letter he pledge to take responsibility of me and that he will be held accountable for any of my action in the state, the thing here is, he’s married to a white woman, so he’s automatically a citizen… well we’ve paid agent to arrange the necessary documents , we submitted here including international passport, he said his wife have submitted all required documents in U.S, including a surety from his wife friend, because they said his wife must bring a third party to attest that the woman knows what she’s doing… To cut long story short, he said everything is okay now(Between the whole process took almost 3 months) that he’ll be expecting flight itineraries sooner or later from wifey(Also he said after getting everything set, he’ll be traveling to pick me up, we won’t be going same time)… Also, that they called him to come and sign some relevant stuffs as a sponsor in Nigeria US Embassy to pick the documents as well on my absence as none appearance, note, he said his wife sent his number to one man (Yoruba Man )in Nigeria Embassy Abuja that called him up… So the Ultimate Question here is, is it possible for anyone to collect traveling document with stamped international passport from Nigeria US embassy without the actual person presence i brought this up here because i kept wondering the authenticity of this package since he insist i won’t follow him to Abuja Embassy… Please i need a serious contribution from experience person, is it possible?
@justwise

schweinsteiger:

Since you've spoken... make i watchout... not worried about the money spent tho, just the time wasted & effort put in...

Since you paid an agent to 'arrange' those documents i will advice you to stay away from American embassy even if invited for an interview because you are more likely to be banned. Or write the embassy to withdraw the application...your choice though
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
justwise:

Since you paid an agent to 'arrange' those documents i will advice you to stay away from American embassy even if invited for an interview because you are more likely to be banned. Or write the embassy to withdraw the application... your choice though

Hmmm... this one strong ooo... he has been doing it since, nobi today
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
NanaF:
This friend collected money from you or referred the agent to you right?

Scam

He didn't refer any agent to me, he is using one guy who works at immigration office, his also an agent... he was here for long because the house project his trying to complete...
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
Everything will end very soon, weda good or bad, the end will justify the means... since one guy here mentioned about proxy collection, lemme hope for the best and expect the worse..
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
schweinsteiger:

Hmmm... this one strong ooo... he has been doing it since, nobi today

Doing what? Getting people American visa without going for an interview?
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
justwise:

Travelling... i mean.. dunno about the visa... He has gone to 5 countries i can attest to... Trinidad, Brazil,Panama, Mozambique & U.S ofcuz
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
justwise:

But on the other hand, you mean "ALL VISA's" aside from Emergency or diplomat's requires the travellers presence?
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by justwise(m): 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
schweinsteiger:

Travelling... i mean.. dunno about the visa... He has gone to 5 countries i can attest to... Trinidad, Brazil,Panama, Mozambique & U.S ofcuz

That got nothing to do with the fraud he is about to commit, Anyway you will learn from the experience but after this your chances of getting visa to US in future has been reduced only if all the documents he submitted on your behalf are all fake including your name.
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
justwise:

That got nothing to do with the fraud he is about to commit, Anyway you will learn from the experience but after this your chances of getting visa to US in future has been reduced only if all the documents he submitted on your behalf are all fake including your name.

Hmmm.. na em be say i dey bigger soup na.... because i'm planning to go as a tourist before he jumped into the picture... to start with my predicament, First of all can one get international passport just by submitting only passport?? sorry for asking too much?
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by justwise(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
schweinsteiger:

Hmmm.. na em be say i dey bigger soup na.... because i'm planning to go as a tourist before he jumped into the picture... to start with my predicament, First of all can one get international passport just by submitting only passport?? sorry for asking too much?

You can't because your fingerprint and other biometric details are needed and you have to be there in person
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
justwise:

You can't because your fingerprint and other biometric details are needed and you have to be there in person
Lol.. we're done here.... abeg refer me to link that provides info on required document to enter U.S as a tourist, because i have a American female friend in Memphis who would provide a little help, she's not african tho, but black... my monthly earning are good, i can take good care of myself anyplace in the world providing i have internet access and laptop...
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by NanaF: 6:25am On Dec 16, 2015
schweinsteiger:

He didn't refer any agent to me, he is using one guy who works at immigration office, his also an agent... he was here for long because the house project his trying to complete...

Haha. Your friend is an agent. He's trying to scam you. Follow the advice you've been given by justwise and you'll be fine.

For more information on B1/B2 visas use these links
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeb1b2.html

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visitor.html

and also check the USA visit visa thread on nairaland.

I think you should equip yourself with information, put this whole arrangement on hold and Do It Yourself.
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2015
NanaF:

Haha. Your friend is an agent. He's trying to scam you. Follow the advice you've been given by justwise and you'll be fine.

For more information on B1/B2 visas use these links
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeb1b2.html

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visitor.html

and also check the USA visit visa thread on nairaland.

I think you should equip yourself with information, put this whole arrangement on hold and Do It Yourself.
Thanks
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by LadyGuinivere: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2015
schweinsteiger:

I will be quite honest with u, na one chance u enter.
At the point of entry the cbp goes your Interview transcript. They match your biometrics join to ensure its the same person.
This ur plan no 10 year ban cos agent will gee u fake visa and u go enter plane, spend money and the 'gate' them go return u and ban u.
And what the guy meant is, u can send somebody to pick up ur visa only and only after u have gone for the interview

1 Like

Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I will be quite honest with u, na one chance u enter.
At the point of entry the cbp goes your Interview transcript. They match your biometrics join to ensure its the same person.
This ur plan no 10 year ban cos agent will gee u fake visa and u go enter plane, spend money and the 'gate' them go return u and ban u.
And what the guy meant is, u can send somebody to pick up ur visa only and only after u have gone for the interview

Yes you're right.. saw it on US visa site.. thanks anyway
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by travelpoint: 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
False
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by travelpoint: 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
schweinsteiger:

Please i need ur urgent answer, my friend is preparing a sponsored visit for me to US, on his letter he pledge to take responsibility of me and that he will be held accountable for any of my action in the state, the thing here is, he’s married to a white woman, so he’s automatically a citizen… well we’ve paid agent to arrange the necessary documents, we submitted here including international passport, he said his wife have submitted all required documents in U.S, including a surety from his wife friend, because they said his wife must bring a third party to attest that the woman knows what she’s doing… To cut long story short, he said everything is okay now(Between the whole process took almost 3 months) that he’ll be expecting flight itineraries sooner or later from wifey(Also he said after getting everything set, he’ll be traveling to pick me up, we won’t be going same time)… Also, that they called him to come and sign some relevant stuffs as a sponsor in Nigeria US Embassy to pick the documents as well on my absence as none appearance, note, he said his wife sent his number to one man (Yoruba Man )in Nigeria Embassy Abuja that called him up… So the Ultimate Question here is, is it possible for anyone to collect traveling document with stamped international passport from Nigeria US embassy without the actual person presence i brought this up here because i kept wondering the authenticity of this package since he insist i won’t follow him to Abuja Embassy… Please i need a serious contribution from experience person, is it possible?
@justwise
Your friend cannot sponsor you. To be able to sponsor u, you must be in the following category - son, daughter, father, mother, spouse, fiancee, sister and brother. What u need from your friend is IV letter, data of his passport or copy of his green card. Note - us citizenship is not automatic when you married a US citizen, that notion is wrong. You have to go through a process, first u get temporary green card ( if ur marriage is less than 2 yrs), after after 19 months u can apply for permanent GC and later citizenship. You can only get all these if u are approved by immigration. Most people are not approved.
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by travelpoint: 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
Your friend is lying. There is nothing like proxy when it comes to US embassy. His story doesn't even add up. The embassy will interview and finger print u before issuing out anything
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by schweinsteiger: 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
travelpoint:
Your friend cannot sponsor you. To be able to sponsor u, you must be in the following category - son, daughter, father, mother, spouse, fiancee, sister and brother. What u need from your friend is IV letter, data of his passport or copy of his green card. Note - us citizenship is not automatic when you married a US citizen, that notion is wrong. You have to go through a process, first u get temporary green card ( if ur marriage is less than 2 yrs), after after 19 months u can apply for permanent GC and later citizenship. You can only get all these if u are approved by immigration. Most people are not approved.

Thank's a lot, if i want go on springs which is around march 20 upward, when do i start getting ready, like when should i apply online for appointment and so?
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by travelpoint: 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
schweinsteiger:

Thank's a lot, if i want go on springs which is around march 20 upward, when do i start getting ready, like when should i apply online for appointment and so?
you can start now. Go online and pick an appointment date that u know is OK for u.
Re: U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? by cozybunch: 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
schweinsteiger:

@justwise

You said a friend is to sponsor you, I guess on tourist visa category. My question to you is that you have read a lot of thread on visa application, is the process your friend is taking, the process you ' ve read so far?. You, youself is not convinced of the process, why opening up this thread?

There are standards well set and threads opened for people to read and follow. Follow those threads please. A lot you wrote shows you done follow threads.

1. How can you be a citizen because you married an American?

2. How can your friends wife need a third party on an invitation letter?

3. How can you get an american visa without appearance?

I will rest on this three because I do not want to write long and wast this thread. Please follow threads

Good Luck

(1) (2)

Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? / How Will I Know If I Am Banned(us) / How Can Relocate And Work Canada Without Experience Or Qualification With 3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.