Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman (26428 Views)

EFCC Rejects Uche Secondus Offer To Refund 23 Luxury Cars,Insists On N310m / Uche Secondus Arrested By The EFCC - Adeyanju Deji / PDP Governors Sack Uche Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Anasko(m): 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
Orders Secondus to vacate office in 14 days
Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf of the High Court of the Federal Territory (FCT), Maitama, Abuja has sacked the Acting Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Uche Secondus.

The judge, in a judgment in a suit by former Political Adviser to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Ahmed Gulak, held that Secondus was occupying the party’s Chairmanship seat illegally.

Justice Baba-Yusuf noted that Secondus was from Rivers State, and not North-east geopolitical zone to which the PDP zoned the position.

He gave Secondus 14 days within which to vacate the office and directed that the plaintiff or any other party member worthy of that position should take Secondus’ place.

Lawyer to the PDP and Secondus, Chuwan Isaiah Paul, said the party will appeal the judgment and seek a stay of its execution to allow the party’s current leadership prepare for its national convention slated for March next year.

Justice Baba-Yusuf upheld rejected argument by Secondus and PDP (listed as defendants in the suit) that Gulak lacked the locus standing to initiate the suit having allegedly defaulted in the payment of party’s due.

The judge also rejected the defendants’ argument that Gulak failed to explore the party’s internal mechanism for dispute resolution before approaching the court.

The judge had, on November 30 reserved judgment in the case after entertaining argument from parties.

Gulak had argued that Secondus was occupying the position illegally. He contended that by virtue of the provision of Article 47(6) of the party’s constitution, “the 2nd defendant (Secondus) form Rivers State, cannot replace the immediate past Chairman, Alhaji Muazu, who left office about seven months ago.

He faulted the defendants’ claim that the party’s elders were working on a process to ensure a replacement for Muazu by next March,

Gulak argued that it was unlawful and a breach of the party’s constitutional provisions for Secondus to hold office for over seven months in Acting capacity and refuse to allow a member form the geo-political zone where the last chairman came from to replace him.

http://thenationonlineng.net/court-sacks-pdp-acting-chair-secondus/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by segalex: 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
Interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by doctokwus: 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
Northern presidential candidate to be, soon to be northern party chairman.
It's astonishing this is the same party the southeasterners voted overwhelmingly for and for whom some of them are still using proxies to try to destabilize the govt.
Yet no single consideration for the almost total support of a whole region in the plans of pdp!Disgraceful!!

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by richidinho(m): 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
grin

In a related devt.

Omenka jumps from bed and starts shouting "God save me, save me, save me. The wife asked, did you have a nightmare? He says yes. The wife asked again, were you been chased by a lion? Akpos replied; lion is even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by funkyibodude(m): 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
Well PDP led government did the same, so it's APC time. Olisa metuh watch your back oo you might be next undecided
Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by ALTERNATEID: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
Eeyah, internal power tussle is about to kill whatever little life that still remains in PDP. By the time Secondus, Gulak and other power hustler finish with each other, nothing else will remain of the party.

Beside, how come the North is trying to hijack the party again? Thought our brothers from the south east now owns the party. Nawa for these northerners o, always taking what belongs to our eastern brothers.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
Where is lalasticlala sef grin

He is Rivers State not from North East geopolitical zone. PDP and their illegalities sef shocked

When is Olisa Metuh going grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by emamos: 8:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
it is well
Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Engineer123(m): 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
The party chairman should be zone to either south-south or South east. I am 100% sure it will still be zone to North.

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by T051N(m): 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
funkyibodude:
Lemme guess he collected money from Dasuki grin,.. what's APC plan over PDP in rivers, almost all PDP members in Rivers state have been sacked by the court, make Una no turn this country into a one party state. Olisa metuh watch your back oo
you done forget when OBJ do em own. AD only laid claim in Lagos . how about ANPP??. One party state was PDPs agenda, that is how the game of politics is played

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by adonbilivit: 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
as SECONDus I wonder how he became a chairman. he is meant to be the SECON in command lol...pun intended.he should have adopted the name FESTus

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by damton(m): 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
interesting.

it's unbelievable how pdp seems to degenerate fast.
Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Flashh: 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
That mod that keeps banning me in politics section for no reason just because he has the access to hit the "ban" button. You're a very useless mod.

Anyway, good news.

9 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Empress2014(f): 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by PresleyKuttie(m): 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
Wicked Court! Wicked Sack!

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by coldsummer: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
[size=18pt]secondus. funny name. not fit for a chairman. heheheheh[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
hmmmmmmm
Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by hijacke(m): 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
shocked
Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Eneze1(f): 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hehehehehe very funny....internal power tussle, I thought the leadership should have been given to the South East or South South.

Presidency zone to the North
Party leadership to the same North

It's better we all realise is the North against the South
Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
The rate at which COURT keep sacking law makers make me wanna wonder if they were the one who hired them.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by zimoni(f): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
I thought Gulak had ported to APC nah.

This is not a period to have internal power tussle. They should put their house in order and give APC a run for their money in 2019.

We need another strong political party to checkmate APC, otherwise they will misbehave like PDP did in the past.

I expect PDP to re-strategise and mount a comeback in 2019.

Yeah, it is possible.

PDP Power To The People.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Stolen: 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
Na only PDP Buhari Kangaroo court dey see.

Rise and rise of the Kangaroo court under Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by LaruleA5: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by akilo1: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
Bad market for pdp,when a lawyer want to chop money,he will advice his client to appeal a case that cant be won

7 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by distinguished1(m): 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
You can put the blame on me………in Akon's voice. PDP own don Pafuka.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by distinguished1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
TheSlyone:
The rate at which COURT keep sacking law makers make me wanna wonder if they were the one who hired them.
The last time I checked, Secondus wasn't a lawmaker. Kindly check your facts well.

6 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by akilo1: 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
They keep sacking biafrans and biafrans keep surporting and voting for them.na una sabi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
Engineer123:
The party chairman should be zone zoned to either south-south or South east. I am 100% sure it will still be zone zoned to North.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
distinguished1:

The last time I checked, Secondus wasn't a lawmaker. Kindly check your facts well.
He can't read.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Uche Secondus, PDP Acting Chairman by engrshakespeare: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
richidinho:
grin

In a related devt.

Omenka jumps from bed and starts shouting "God save me, save me, save me. The wife asked, did you have a nightmare? He says yes. The wife asked again, were you been chased by a lion? Akpos replied; lion is even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again

Surely you can't be this stupid for so long. Your joke has become so dry from repetition

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amangwu Ohafia In Abia Deserted As Gunmen Launch Attacks, Kill Many Residents / Buhari's Top Associates To Go In 2017 - Daily Sun / I'll Go House To House To Chase People Out For February 5th Protest' - Man Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.