Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates (5660 Views)

Banks To Sack Staff In Second Quarter – Rewane / Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff / Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Olori(m): 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2005
Access Bank Anti-HND and State Varsity Policy

Have you heard about Access Bank's new post consolidation policy (following their merger with Marina International Bank and Capital Internationall Bank)?

I gathered that all staff members from the other 2 banks who were graduates of Polytechnics, State Universities and all with class of degree lower than 2.1 irrespective of schools attended were asked to resign.

Please join me in condeming this Corporate apatheid.

Olori.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Seun(m): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2005
I heard about this on TV. Apparently, Access Bank has a current policy of not accepting graduates from:
- Polytechnics: That is HnD holders, irrespective of skill level of experience.
- State or Private Universities: Covenant University, BOWEN University, etc.
- (Not SUre) Graduates without a first class or second class upper degree.

So this policy of theirs has been in place before the merger, and they have built an environment with what they see as excellence. Now that they are merging with Marina and Capital International, they don't want to dilute/corrupt their team by mixing them up with those they consider as being less qualified. Therefore they've decided to apply this policy to the employees in the other banks to simplify the inevitable downsizing process following consolidation.

What makes it really unfair is that some of those 'inferior graduates' who will be sent off have won Employee of the Year awards, or been rated higher than the federal university graduates whose jobs have been preserved. Their excellent performance and experience is being completely disregarded in favor of this rule.

I agree that what they are doing is not the best, but if they insist on doing it they should be allowed to go ahead.

My advice to those who are losing their jobs is that they should take their severance pay and try to use it to float small businesses and create jobs for the other competent HnD Holders, State and Private University graduates who have been unfairly denied of job opportunities. If the Federal University graduates won't let you work in their bank, start your own business and employ competent people like yourself to run it.

So if these people are enterprising, the net effect of their dismissals can be positive for the economy.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by gentleone(f): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2005
its not fair at all! what's it they have against HND holder's n State university graduates anyway? for all you know, some of these people are even more knowledgeable and experienced that the favoured federal university graduates.
anyway as you said seun, there's really nothing we can do about it if access says thats what they want, its their bank.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by ababoy1(m): 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2005
By and large, a good number of current Nigerian graduates – polytechnics or otherwise, leave one purely bewildered with their level of schooling. Nevertheless this decision (if true) shows a very high level of egotism and folly.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by omogenikky(f): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2005
I like Seun's point. It doesnt make much point arguing against their policy because they will go ahead with it anyway. Let graduates start floating small businesses. I think its worthwhile. People should analyse markets and move in. We don't all have to stay in Lagos.

My cousin lost his job at a bank 2 years ago and he was so distraught. He thought the only other thing he could do was travel abroad. But then one of my uncles talked him into taking advantage of the agricultural incentives in Ogun State.
Apparently, you can get land at a reduced price if you are going to use it for agriculture eg oil palm. And now I think he has a snailery(?), grows oil palm (still to be harvested), and has a pigsty too.

Point is we youths have to develop this country ourselves. A country where there is no regulation against discrimination against polytechnic graduates. This isnt even about Access bank alone.they can try to achieve excellence by employing excellent graduates. I am talking about situations where there is a job offer in the paper and it is written plainly there - no polytechnic grad need apply.

I would think even in the US, an employer would prefer to have a Harvard grad but then a technical school grad would have his own niche too. The government should revisit the polytechnics and if they have no use, they should be merged with universities. What's the point of the govt running federal and state polytechnics when the grads are not being employed. Its not profitable, Western countries invest in their youths and institutions because of the return - brilliant professionals who move the country forward with their discoveries.

I have come to the conclusion that the way for youths to get out of the mires of unemployment in Nigeria is some sort of revolution unlike the violent french revolution but sort of like the British industrial revolution: A revolution of our intelligence and our enterprise.

1 Like

Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by joftech(m): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2005
It's only in Nigeria that they can try this nonsense. If it were to be some more "educated" and enlightened country they would have been hit with a class-action law suit, it's only in Nigeria companies/corporations come up with stupid employment standards. In no time those they term as "excellent" graduates will be relegated to the same class people they laying off.

But it's good as this will make people to look for ways of creating jobs instead of looking for non-existent jobs.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by IAH(f): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2005
With all their policies and standards, they are still not the best bank in Nigeria and I've still not heard that Access Bank has the highest annual turnover or profit. That means their so-called excellent standards are futile.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by razor(m): 8:55am On Nov 09, 2005
This discrimination is uncalled for. I hope Government would intervene and make the Bank change such a policy else we'll discover that other Banks would emulate them and lots of HND and State University graduates would be unemployed.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by ondogi: 3:33am On Nov 20, 2005
I fully and wholeheartedly support access bank concerning this issue.

IAH kindly grab a copy of access bank annual report to know more about the position of access bank in the banking industry. Aig & Albert rank way up on the list of people that brought the most innovation to corporate nigeria. These guys are so good they almost took over union bank, just ask Mr Oboh.

The access bank management are trying to build a world class organisation to compete with the best in the world. The trend in management has moved towards human resource as a competitive advantage, access bank is only trying to leverage on this.

Let us be truthful to ourselves, the standard of graduates from polys & state uni is absolutely nothing to write about. Personally i think these schools should be scrapped. They are consistent in churning out half-baked graduates. I know it could be painful but the fact is poly & state uni products are second class graduates. Most people that ended up in these schools failed/scored low mark in the uni jamb. Attending these school at the onset as already confirmed a second class status on an individual. Ofcourse someone will say we can not all go to first generation universities, well my answer is we can not all go to heaven but where do you want to go?
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by IAH(f): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2005
ondogi:

IAH kindly grab a copy of access bank annual report to know more about the position of access bank in the banking industry.

I didn't just say what I said. I have seen their annual report and I have seen reports of other banks as well.

ondogi:

Let us be truthful to ourselves, the standard of graduates from polys & state uni is absolutely nothing to write about. Personally i think these schools should be scrapped. They are consistent in churning out half-baked graduates. I know it could be painful but the fact is poly & state uni products are second class graduates. Most people that ended up in these schools failed/scored low mark in the uni jamb. Attending these school at the onset as already confirmed a second class status on an individual. Ofcourse someone will say we can not all go to first generation universities, well my answer is we can not all go to heaven but where do you want to go?

This is so not true. Especially the one about State Unis. Most of the Federal Universities are not up to standard as well, they are just living on past glory. Most of the graduates from there are also half-baked.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by joftech(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2005
What access bank failed to know is that what people learn in univesity is irrelevant to what they will face on the field.

They should have embark on retraining these workers.

What i know is that it's your IQ that matter not the school or grade you manage to get.

Very soon the only people they will be employing will be people that have overseas degrees, it's happening already anyway.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by ondogi: 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2005
joftech:

What access bank failed to know is that what people learn in univesity is irrelevant to what they will face on the field.

They should have embark on retraining these workers.

What i know is that it's your IQ that matter not the school or grade you manage to get.

Very soon the only people they will be employing will be people that have overseas degrees, it's happening already anyway.

Well my dear friend i refuse to agree with your submission, reason being that while university is not suppose to teach you everything you will encounter in life. It is meant to equip you to handle yourself professional and develop your cognitive thinking. I daresay our so called higher institutions, even first generation universities, fail in this task. Though the state universities and polytechnics perform more woefully in this endeavor.

Believe me it is not my intention to deride graduates of these institutions, but the fact is you can always tell the difference when you meet a poly/state university graduate and say a graduate of U.I or Unilag. The difference is very clear.

As per your submission on re-training the workforce, do you not know that some people can not adapt to training. Re-training such individuals, mostly graduates from these institutions, is just a waste of funds. Moreover access bank obviously felt the cost of training will be better utilised elsewhere. 

On your last point i agree wholeheartedly with you, sooner than later organisations will be requiring only expatriate degree holder. Ofcourse only a fool will not see the handwriting on the wall. What with most people, especially decision makers in the corporate arena, sending their wards abroad for training. Do you think they just have the urge to waste their money? No, they are preparing these kids to take over from them (example Globalcom/Adenuga). No matter how much you hate this it will sure come to pass. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by LEXY247(m): 1:36am On Nov 25, 2005
It's really sad that that all these things are happening in our fatherland, Nigeria. I quite agree with Ongogi. There is no way you can compare graduates from Polytechnic to those from the University. I had both HND (from YABATECH) and BSc (from UNILAG). The university curriculum is quite different from the polytechnic's. The truth remain that after my HND, it was difficult coping in UNILAG. This might sound strange, but it is the truth. During my convocation ceremony at the Yaba College of Technology, Otunba Shubomi Balogun made it clear to everyone that the reason for establishing the polytechnics was to produce middle class manpower. So, I see no reason why the Polytechnic graduates should always be seeking equality with the university graduates as has always been the case in Nigeria. The only thing I don't like about the way Access Bank and the rest are handling the matter is the idea of laying off the polytechnic graduates. There should be a place for everyone. Everybody can't be the accountant and everybody can't be the manager. Some will definitely have to work as cashiers etc. I don't know much about this 'cos I am an Engineer but I want to believe that you don't need to be a University graduate to work as a cashier. It is true that you can't get everything you need in the university, but most employers out there believes that if you have a university degree, you can easily be trained for the job they intend to use you for. I will only advise that the banks revisit their policy and redefine the requirement for each position so as to accomodate the polytechnic graduates too. No hard feelings pls.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Hndholder(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2005
I as Deputy National President of Nigerian Institute of Technologists in Engineering reported this matter to NBTE, While waiting for their reply, We wish they could close down all the polytechnics to help the like of LEXY247 from wasting money.

There is no way to compare graduates from Polytechnic to those from the University, you had both HND Engineering Technology (from YABATECH) and BSc in Engineering science (from UNILAG) . I pity you for wasting money and time, because the level of education do not determine success. What I was taught at the HND level was the course work at my M. Sc level , because polytechnics middle "LEVEEEEL" ends at the OND. Most lecturer deliberately lower the HND standard during your own time and NBTE calling it Engineering Technology. Whereas Unilag Had the system for Basic Engineering sciences. not real engineering. Bsc is not same as Beng Or B.Tech.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by prettyH(f): 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2005
ondogi:

I fully and wholeheartedly support access bank concerning this issue.

The access bank management are trying to build a world class organisation to compete with the best in the world. The trend in management has moved towards human resource as a competitive advantage, access bank is only trying to leverage on this.

U know what, from ur postings, u've got to be the PR for access. It is also shocking that u even make certain statements considering u r actually a nigeria.I went to a state uni and believe me i was good.. very good but unfortunately had to go to one cos the so called Fe uni's expected me to undergo a predegree course which i utterlly refused to do. I have rubbed minds with pple from both ends and men some Fed uni stydents dont know crap . So ur idea of halfbaked students applies to all universities and not just one . Agreeably, poly and state uni's may not be up to standard, but is that not the fault of the Nigerian situation

Infact u talk of Access like its one of the best banks. Abeg let us hear the bigger banks ain't boasting. Access wants to compete with world banks ..In which era..Pls they should sort out the home front first before going abroad.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Hndholder(m): 8:43am On Nov 29, 2005
Godbless you prettyH , I have more than 3 university admissions but could not go. No parent to carry the financial load.

ondogi , not all that attend poly are fools. In the past only failed school certificate holders work in the banks.

It is a waste and abuse of personnel for graduates to work in the banks, no respect for women or marriage institution they do so now because no JOBS. To hell with ACCESS bank, is that the policy in developed world? ICAN and other professional body that issued certificate to Poly graduates and state university graduates should rise up and defend their certificates. What is the practice outside Nigeria? I with my HND I earn more than their Directors.

Apartheid bank that will soon fold up.

Poor people that can not buy admission ended up in the polytechnic or state Universities. Or why is it now that Jamb exam is no longer sufficient for University admission because of ACCESS to corruption.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by kenflavor(m): 10:31am On Dec 01, 2005
This is a reckless and unfair policy, after being used by these banks.... Access Bank Nig Plc after mergin with 2 other banks, sacked all polytechnic and state unversity graduates, government did not make any moves about it. We have to fight this for ourselves, if not, other organizations will do the same. If you are a Student, Graduate or you care for Polytechnic or State University students that were involved or yet to be involved do not put your money in this Bank anymore or you withdraw all you have in this bank. Please send this to 5 people you care for through mail, messanger or text message. This might one way or the other affects one of your relations. God help us all ..................what or who is next?
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Hndholder(m): 2:01pm On Dec 01, 2005
We all wish to go to Federal University not even Poly. But ACCESS denied by naira. So let the bank do something to help the poor to go to university now.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Seun(m): 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2005
If Access Bank is indeed dismissing able employees, then they will be picked up by other banks. Those that can't find employment will use their contacts at the bank to get loans to start their own businesses. Others will pool their compensation packages together to start new businesses to compete with Access bank. If Access bank is making a mistake, they will be punished by the market.

So the Government is not supposed to do anything. Let the market decide. Whatever you do to force the private sector to employ certain people will only make it more difficult for others to get jobs. Government is not Father Christmas!
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Hndholder(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2005
Poly Graduates: Technical Board to Spearhead Boycott of Banks

This Day (Lagos)

November 22, 2005
Posted to the web November 23, 2005

Lagos

The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) is to spearhead a boycott of banks who reportedly sacked Higher National Diploma (HND) graduates of polytechnics.

In a press release issued at the end of a meeting held to discuss the development, the Board, the Committee of Heads of Polytechnics and Colleges of Education (COHEADS), as well as the National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS) said: "in as much as the Banking sector is undergoing reforms, it is however shocking and indeed alarming that the banks as announced by one of them, would make HND graduates the sacrificial lamb."

The meeting therefore "appealed to all lovers of technical and vocational education, which is the bedrock of any economic development, to rise up against this discriminatory policy of the banks against the Polytechnic graduates. The NBTE, COHEADS, Polytechnic lecturers and indeed all holders of polytechnic diplomas and certificates and members of their families should take this as a personal fight.

Consequently, it resolved that unless such banks rescind their decision, it would have no option than to mobilise the Polytechnic sector, parents, students and other stakeholders to stop any relationship with such banks.

The meeting observed that "these are the very people that are supposed to be the bedrock of any reforms given their practically-oriented training and professionalism as attested to severally by no less personalities than past presidents of ICAN, among others.

"What is indeed even more shocking", the release further said, "is that the Banks have never said that these graduates are incompetent or lacking in any skills required for their future operations. If this is the inherent assumption, it must be clearly stated that it lacks merit."

The release signed by the Executive Secretary of the NBTE, Dr. Nuru A. Yakubu; Chairman, Committee of Heads of Polytechnics and Colleges of Technology (COHEADS), Engr. Umaru Sani-Ango and President of the National Association of Polytechnic Students(NAPS), Comrade Martin Luther Nwokocha, submitted that "there is no scientific proof, based on any research whatsoever, to show that those who attended Polytechnics are inferior in terms of skills acquired and competence to university graduates."

Indeed, the meeting noted the rigorous quality assurance mechanism in place within the polytechnic sector such that no polytechnic today can award a Higher National Diploma (HND) without NBTE's accreditation.

"To say the least", the release added, "the criteria the banks are using in the name of reform and consolidation is discriminatory and negates the principles of equal opportunities to citizens guaranteed under the constitution. If the reports from industries, companies and other employers of labours are anything to go by, holders of HND should be the first graduate employees of choice.

The meeting regretted that the decision to sack HND graduates not only violates their rights as Nigerians, but is at variance with the huge resources being invested in the training of polytechnic graduates by government.

The meeting added that a meeting of all stakeholders would be convened to proffer lasting solutions to this and other issues militating against the products of the system in the country.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200511230454.html
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by ondogi: 2:09am On Dec 12, 2005
HA HA HA, do you guys know why am laughing? cos its so funny, poly graduates and their sympathisers should boycott banks like access. Like they give a damn or if it will ever affect them, imagine what a silly idea.

PrettyH while i am not trying to get personal, the fact is your jamb score was obviously below par which was why they offered you pre-degree course.

Hnd-holder, point of correction i never said poly graduates are fool. Its just that the bulk of them are unempolyable even some university graduates.

The fact is when you people mention develop countries, try to find out what obtains there first. Like you think a graduate of one ordinary state uni in america and a graduate of say harvard are in the same league. People levels dey, even in the so called develop countries.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by prettyH(f): 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2005
See ondogi, even if levels dey, don't mean those that are priviledged are better than the underpriviledge. To burst your bubble my score was quite high at the time but gave an excuse because of the course so don't go there.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Hndholder(m): 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2005
ondogi:

HA HA HA, do you guys know why am laughing? because its so funny, poly graduates and their sympathisers should boycott banks like access. Like they give a damn or if it will ever affect them, imagine what a silly idea.

PrettyH while i am not trying to get personal, the fact is your jamb score was obviously below par which was why they offered you pre-degree course.

Hnd-holder, point of correction i never said poly graduates are fool. Its just that the bulk of them are unempolyable even some university graduates.

The fact is when you people mention develop countries, try to find out what obtains there first. Like you think a graduate of one ordinary state uni in america and a graduate of say harvard are in the same league. People levels dey, even in the so called develop countries.

This is a war. You better stay away if you do not know what to write on this issue. You look like "Ajebuta" Can you say amen if I wish your life to be like that of HND holders? Something lead us into the polytechnic so such thing should lead your children
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by ondogi: 2:21am On Dec 14, 2005
Hnd-holder:

This is a war. You better stay away if you do not know what to write on this issue. You look like "Ajebuta" Can you say amen if I wish your life to be like that of HND holders? Something lead us into the polytechnic so such thing should lead your children
oh boy which ones now. why the curses, God forbid bad thing my child go to polytechnic? impossibility of the highest order. God almighty will not let it happen.

PrettyH, i don't understand your point about being priviledge/underpriviledge. It simply does not hold water because there are numerous underpriviledge kids in federal universities so also priviledge kids in polytechnics. Concerning your jamb scores, i find it very hard to believe that you score above the cut-off mark and you were offered a pre-degree course. Sister please lets be truthful.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Hndholder(m): 8:39am On Dec 14, 2005
ondogi:

oh boy which ones now. why the curses, God forbid bad thing my child go to polytechnic? impossibility of the highest order. God almighty will not let it happen.

PrettyH, i don't understand your point about being privilege/underprivileged. It simply does not hold water because there are numerous underprivileged kids in federal universities so also privilege kids in polytechnics. Concerning your jamb scores, i find it very hard to believe that you score above the cut-off mark and you were offered a pre-degree course. Sister please lets be truthful.

Why are you flying like sosoliso or bellview? I am sorry for you because your fall will be wost than Almaisigha. You speak like a person that refuses to face reality. The way slave came to the world is also the way SON arrived. Obasanjo, Ayofayose, Aragbesola are proud products of polytechnic. Kolawole olawuyi, and so many other respectable Nigerian were product of the polytchnic.
Let face the fact. I am not a BOY I am a man of your father's Age and tired of degrees as I have obtained the highest my ability could take me. A third degree for that matter. Psychologically this issue is killing. Why Polytechnic education? Everybody should be happy where ever they find themselves. Those that are not academic brilliant is never their fault. Do you want them to hang them selves? Say amen that what took us to the polytechnic will happen to your children.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by prettyH(f): 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2005
ondogi:

PrettyH, i don't understand your point about being priviledge/underpriviledge. It simply does not hold water because there are numerous underpriviledge kids in federal universities so also priviledge kids in polytechnics. Concerning your jamb scores, i find it very hard to believe that you score above the cut-off mark and you were offered a pre-degree course. Sister please lets be truthful.

Believe it or not but its true.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by ondogi: 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2005
Hnd-holder:

Why are you flying like sosoliso or bellview? I am sorry for you because your fall will be wost than Almaisigha. You speak like a person that refuses to face reality. The way slave came to the world is also the way SON arrived. Obasanjo, Ayofayose, Aragbesola are proud products of polytechnic. Kolawole olawuyi, and so many other respectable Nigerian were product of the polytchnic.
Let face the fact. I am not a BOY I am a man of your father's Age and tired of degrees as I have obtained the highest my ability could take me. A third degree for that matter. Psychologically this issue is killing. Why Polytechnic education? Everybody should be happy where ever they find themselves. Those that are not academic brilliant is never their fault. Do you want them to hang them selves? Say amen that what took us to the polytechnic will happen to your children.

Whats all this about? ain't we talking about Polytechnic vs uni graduate? so how come my father comes into it? must you mention that? i value and respect my parents so i DO NOT tolerate reference to them when its not called for. Therefore i feel there's no point continuing this discourse with you. And i demand an apology from you.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Hndholder(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2005
You said O BOY and I let you know that I am an elder , so Mind your language. I am sorry if you feel offended but I also demand the same apology for insulting all of us that MISTAKENLY attend the polytechnic.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by ondogi: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2005
Now to buttress my point read this quote from the editorial of punch on 23/12/05

''It is absolutely futile to target policies at compelling employers to put workers they consider unproductive on their organisations’ payrolls. It is the need of the society, as dictated by market forces, and not the wishful thinking of government or any group of graduates, that determines whether a particular worker is employed or not. In their optimizing behaviour, firms are compelled to hire only those they consider relevant to the maximum achievement of their profit motives. Even in the public sector, the suitability of workers is most objectively determined by the quality of institution attended and the grade of certificate obtained. At the interview stage, other tools of selection are applied to pick out those who might have obtained their certificates by fraudulent means.''(The punch, Employers and tertiary graduates, 23rd of dec. 2005)www.punchng.com/editorial/article01

I will sincerely advice you guys to go and read the full text, it will definitely enlighten and educate you.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Hndholder(m): 9:38am On Dec 28, 2005
Thank you, this is a free world, and that is punch editorial. He is one of them. I have no bussiness with the state schools only the Polytechnic. Polytechnic was a British baby.No longer popular in britain. Nigerian changed to American style of education without a role for the Polytechnic. Why keeping them?

The Punch editor should also watch it because he may be fired.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by otitoloju(m): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2005
Poly graduates no be their problem, they had better focus on how they will give good ROI for my friends who bought theirs shares in the IPO.
FYI, Fola Adeola (the founding CEO of GTBank) started out his banking career with an HND from Yaba tech.
Re: Access/Marina/Capital Banks to Sack All Polytechnic & State University Graduates by Hndholder(m): 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2005
The president of the heart beat of Africa Obasanjo had a taste of the polytechnic. Udenwa of Imo was the Deputy told us that he was a polytechnic product. Ayo fayose was in the Polytechnic Aragbesola of works Lagos state he is an HND holder. Let them say grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Office Dating: For Or Against? / Working For Five Months Without Pay / Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.