Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie (22565 Views)

Governor Ayade Locks Out SSG, Other Government House Staff For Coming Late. PICS / Invite Goodluck Jonathan For Questioning, Northern Clerics Tell Security Agencie / It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Dahkogrin007(m): 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
Naija I hail thee
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Engineer123(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
Dasuki is the man of the year for Corruption.
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by bjdon: 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
Keneking:
Emefiele is going

What is this nonsense about blaming Emefiele for this? The Man was only CBN Governor for the last 5 months of GEJ's govt. Sanusi was CBN governor over 5 years of GEJ govt, covering the period Dasuki is accused of diverting funds so if anybody has a case to answer it's Sanusi not Emefiele.
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by miqos02(m): 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
hmmm
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by joseph1832(m): 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
No wonder the country/economy is in a mess. With the amount of looting and plundering that took place, I now find reason to believe why PMB is having difficulty in fulfilling his campaign promises.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by tamquezee(m): 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
And when Dasuki received the alert his head begins to swell abi?
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by unibenstudent1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
Sanusi said all this but Jonathan called a foreign auditor ,yet Jonathan did not make the result of the proceeds know to nigerians
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by BCISLTD007: 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
Did they just use style to implicate the AGF... angry

1 Like

Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Judnna: 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Spanner4(m): 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
grin grin grin

In Dasuki's Voice" Share the gala, share the goods" when he was sharing the gala and the goods and wen he was grooving, he thought dat life is a bed of roses, Anyway casala don show for his matter.
But EFCC wey dey probe am self, them also need to be probed
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by micchi(m): 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
Let government stop playing with Nigerians let there be steady electricity supplies in all areas let there be #40 a litre fuel for everybody let naira be equal to dollar are they probing the Masses too [code][/code]APC scam
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by callmenow: 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
It is well. Thank you CBN. It will be remiss for CBN not to clarify this. Everyone must remember that CBN and parastatals or agencies if you prefer work with mandates. Since CBN is a bank, also a central, bank of last resort in Nigeria per se, it operates retail banking for government departments and agencies. It also operates retail banking for state governments, senate, House of Representatives, etc. As long CBN operates the account of the agency according to the laid down rules, CBN is not culpable, since they cannot dishonour a valid mandate. Okonjo Iweala has denied wrong doing. She is a glorified umpire. She sees a mandate, she queries it and cross reference the president if necessary. She cannot stop a valid request from an agency. The problem is however with the agencies. The minister leans on his perm secs with threats and gets his way. Then massive looting takes place. The agencies need to be addressed. Who ever that is IN charge OF AN AGENCY treats the agency as his fiefdom and ATM. Structurally the agencies are very weak institutions.
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by banio: 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
If Dasuki and others are found guilty a law shud be back dated (or the senate shud hurriedly pass one) that will sentence them to death or pay the looted funds.
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by billyG(m): 12:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
Aminat508:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/16/cbn-sources-reveal-how-it-operated-accounts-for-dasuki-other-government-agencies/
U fail to explain why money was paid in dollars,is it not agst d law?what happen 2 cashless economy?
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by billyG(m): 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
Dasuki is a virus,he almost infected Pmb,But allah 4bid it.
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by mysteriousman(m): 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
PDP members don't use the ATM they use DTM- Dasuki Teller Machine

1 Like

Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by kjhova(m): 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
bjdon:

What is this nonsense about blaming Emefiele for this? The Man was only CBN Governor for the last 5 months of GEJ's govt. Sanusi was CBN governor over 5 years of GEJ govt, covering the period Dasuki is accused of diverting funds so if anybody has a case to answer it's Sanusi not Emefiele.

No oh! The Dasuki saga mostly covered January to June 2015. In any event, what the CBN has said is that they released the monies in line with their regular mandate as a banker to the government. In that case, the CBN, either under Sanusi or Emefiele, are not culpable in the diversion of funds under Dasuki.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
Canme4u:
so, that is the reason for CBN to dollarised Nigeria economy ahbi? Ok, kontinuu.

Awon Oniranu.

See people that went to mushroom schools... Your English is poor. Your comprehension worse. Read again.. They were following orders
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Teenaira: 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nigeria is in the dark in all these. May be somebody would have seen Dasuki while issuing the instruction and raise an alarm !!! Abeg, government should fix electricity.
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by bjdon: 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
kjhova:

No oh! The Dasuki saga mostly covered January to June 2015. In any event, what the CBN has said is that they released the monies in line with their regular mandate as a banker to the government. In that case, the CBN, either under Sanusi or Emefiele, are not culpable in the diversion of funds under Dasuki.

Sorry but you are wrong with regards to the dates of the Dasuki saga. See below from the charge sheet(You can see it on Saharareporters)

“That you, Col. Muhammed Sambo Dasuki( rtd.), whilst being the National Security Adviser and Shuaibu Salisu, whilst being the Director of Finance and Administration in the office of the National Security Adviser, between 14th April, 2014 and 7th May, 2015 in Abuja, within the jurisdiction of the Honourable Court, entrusted with dominion over certain properties to wit: an aggregate sum of N3, 350, 000,000 (Three Billion, Three Hundred and Fifty Million Naira) being part of the funds in the account of the Office of the National Security Adviser with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), committed criminal breach of trust in respect of the said properties when you transferred same to the account of Dalhatu Investment Limited with United Bank for Africa Plc, purporting same to be payment for the supply of security equipment and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 315 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol.4, LFN 2004.”
Another count reads: ‘‘That you, Dalhatu Investment Limited, Sagir Attahiru and Attahiru Dalhatu Bafarawa, between 14th April, 2014 and 7th May, 2015 in Abuja, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court dishonestly received stolen property, to wit: an aggregate sum of N3, 350,000.00( Three Billion, Three Hundred and Fifty Million Naira) into your account with United Bank For Africa Plc., from the account of the National Security Adviser with the Central Bank of Nigeria, which belonged to the Federal Government of Nigeria and knowing the said sum to be stolen property but purporting same to be payment for the supply of security equipment and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 317 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol. 4, LFN 2004.’’
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
rottennaija:
Disclaimer :
This to inform all I have not received any money from the ONSA either directly or through proxy. I have never been to the office before neither do I know anyone working there.

This declaration is necessary for record purposes and future references.
Big guns are been hunted, inconsequential dude crying for attention to be hunted
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Canme4u(m): 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
OldJohn:

See people that went to mushroom schools... Your English is poor. Your comprehension worse. Read again.. They were following orders

Now that you`ve let us know that you went to high grade sch, can you now swaff?
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
rottennaija:
Disclaimer :
This to inform all I have not received any money from the ONSA either directly or through proxy. I have never been to the office before neither do I know anyone working there.

This declaration is necessary for record purposes and future references.

I am so borrowing this
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by kjhova(m): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
bjdon:

Sorry but you are wrong with regards to the dates of the Dasuki saga. See below from the charge sheet(You can see it on Saharareporters)

“That you, Col. Muhammed Sambo Dasuki( rtd.), whilst being the National Security Adviser and Shuaibu Salisu, whilst being the Director of Finance and Administration in the office of the National Security Adviser, between 14th April, 2014 and 7th May, 2015 in Abuja, within the jurisdiction of the Honourable Court, entrusted with dominion over certain properties to wit: an aggregate sum of N3, 350, 000,000 (Three Billion, Three Hundred and Fifty Million Naira) being part of the funds in the account of the Office of the National Security Adviser with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), committed criminal breach of trust in respect of the said properties when you transferred same to the account of Dalhatu Investment Limited with United Bank for Africa Plc, purporting same to be payment for the supply of security equipment and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 315 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol.4, LFN 2004.”
Another count reads: ‘‘That you, Dalhatu Investment Limited, Sagir Attahiru and Attahiru Dalhatu Bafarawa, between 14th April, 2014 and 7th May, 2015 in Abuja, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court dishonestly received stolen property, to wit: an aggregate sum of N3, 350,000.00( Three Billion, Three Hundred and Fifty Million Naira) into your account with United Bank For Africa Plc., from the account of the National Security Adviser with the Central Bank of Nigeria, which belonged to the Federal Government of Nigeria and knowing the said sum to be stolen property but purporting same to be payment for the supply of security equipment and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 317 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol. 4, LFN 2004.’’

Ok, we may have misunderstood each other. My reference was restricted to the withdrawal of the Abacha refunds which was referred to in the original post. Yes, I agree that there are the other cases in court involving transfers from last year. All said, my main point was that CBN officials are not likely to be found culpable for any offence in this matter as they were doing their jobs as bankers to the ONSA and the other government agencies. It is the agencies and their officials along with their cronies who betrayed the responsibility we reposed in them to oversee our commonwealth.
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
Canme4u:

Now that you`ve let us know that you went to high grade sch, can you now swaff ?

I think u meant swerve... U should have taken school seriously, people would have taken your opinions seriously too
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by porka: 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
By the time Buhari is done with his mediocre presidency, almost all Nigeria's institutions would have been bastadized and destroyed.

As it stands now, Nigerian banks have been labeled as corrupt and unworthy of any legitimate transactions by Buhari and his media propaganda while the CBN has been directly accused of corruption by Lai Mohammed without regard to the negative implications of such tags.
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Canme4u(m): 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
OldJohn:

I think u meant swerve... U should have taken school seriously, people would have taken your opinions seriously too

The last time I checked, I didn`t ask for any tutor. Had it been you face your work diligently, I wonder how you`ll notice what I wrote on NL.

Now that you`ve proved that you are jobless, can you now go and search for a job?
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by bjdon: 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=kjhova post=41059304]

Ok, we may have misunderstood each other. My reference was restricted to the withdrawal of the Abacha refunds which was referred to in the original post. Yes, I agree that there are the other cases in court involving transfers from last year. All said, my main point was that CBN officials are not likely to be found culpable for any offence in this matter as they were doing their jobs as bankers to the ONSA and the other government agencies. It is the agencies and their officials along with their cronies who betrayed the responsibility we reposed in them to oversee our commonwealth.[/quotes]

Well said, let's up some justice is done and seen to be done this time around.
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by coolscott(m): 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
FOR THE LOVE OF GENEA #MUAH#
Re: CBN Sources Reveal How It Operated Accounts For Dasuki, Other Government Agencie by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
Canme4u:

The last time I checked, I didn`t ask for any tutor. Had it been you [/s] face [/s] faced your work diligently, I wonder how you`ll you'll notice what I wrote on NL.

Now that you`ve you've proved that you are jobless, can you now go and search for a job?

I own a private business.. I can be on NL all day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Supporters Hold Rally In UK: "Buhari Should Continue Beyond 2019" / National Assembly Unduly Roping Presidency In Its Woes – Adesina / Labour Fumes As FG Stops N35,000 Award Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.