Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

My Husband Became A Criminal Because Of My Greed For Wealth (4) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Became A Criminal Because Of My Greed For Wealth (4) (408 Views)

If Loving Another Woman's Husband Is A Crime, I Am A Criminal / If You Remember This Thing, You're A Criminal By Birth / Is Adultery A Criminal Offence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Became A Criminal Because Of My Greed For Wealth (4) by Psaduwa007: 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
That foreign vacation was just the beginning. After our return from the trip, which we all enjoyed despite the rain that fell a lot of the time and prevented us from exploring the city as much as we would have liked, I intensified my efforts in upgrading our lifestyle and status. Some months later, our house on the city outskirts was completed and my husband wanted us to move in immediately.
"We don't have to pay rent again; we are free from Lagos 'landlord wahala'," he said happily the day he broke the news of our impending relocation. There was nothing bad in moving to our own property. The problem was the location which was far from the city centre, in an undeveloped area with poor facilities. It did not just fit in with the kind of environment I wanted to live- a posh place like that of Runo and my other friends.
Hilary noticed my lack of enthusiasm for the new house.
"What's the matter, dear? You should be happy that we now have our own property," he stated.
I told him about my misgivings about the move, like lack of good roads in the area and decent schools for the children and other issues.
"Besides it's too far from town. How will I be seeing my friends when we will be living so far away," I grumbled.

"Don't worry. With time, we will adjust and you can always come to town once in a while for visits," he stated.
Shortly after, we moved to the new house. God knows I tried to adjust to our new environment, but it was just impossible. There was no electricity as the power company had not deemed it fit to erect poles and connect us. When the residents in the area tried to fix the poles and get a transformer through self-help effects, we learnt the utility company refused to give permit, claiming it was illegal.

The roads were more like village footpaths and were virtually impassable during the rains. In fact, my husband had to park his car as it was always breaking down due to the bad roads. He had to resort to taking public transport to and from work. Worse, I could not get any good school around for the children to attend. I was not happy in the new place and at a point, about six months after we moved there, I told my husband that I could not stay there anymore.

"Our village is even better than here. I can't stay here any more! The suffering is just too much!" I complained late one evening on his return from work....

Continued at - http://truelifestoriesng..com.ng/2015/12/my-husband-became-criminal-because-of_2.html

Re: My Husband Became A Criminal Because Of My Greed For Wealth (4) by benedictnsi(m): 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
Stupid husband
Re: My Husband Became A Criminal Because Of My Greed For Wealth (4) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2015
Super story.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Go Through Your Spouse's Phone? / M Otor Comp Any Was Fou Nded In / Does A Single Unused Condom Mean My Husband Is Cheating ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.