Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,219 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES (70571 Views)

People Killed From The Gas Plant Explosion In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / 8 Factors To Consider Before Buying Land To Build Your Home / Executive & Large 4br Duplex On A Plot Of Land To Let @ Isheri Omole 2(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by AreaFada2: 12:55am On Jan 11, 2016
So far you have said all the good stuff about the business. What are the downside?

Like how accident-prone
Challenges of the business
Failure rate of business

Can a single licence be used to operate several mini-plants at different locations/sites? E.g. in Lagos, Ibadan & Illorin using same DPR licence.

If more info material please email to:

area.fada@yahoo.com

3 Likes

Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2016
AreaFada2:
So far you have said all the good stuff about the business. What are the downside?

Like how accident-prone
Challenges of the business
Failure rate of business

Can a single licence be used to operate several mini-plants and different locations/site? E.g. in Lagos, Ibadan & Illorin using same DPR licence.

If more info material please email to:

Good morning,

Good questions you have asked. I would answer your questions as asked

ACCIDENTS:

● Safety is a core necessity in the oil and gas industry. 80% of accidents are caused due to non adherence to safety rules by operators. We give free HSE training to our clients during purchase of the plant. Our training is a one day IGSA process with practical sections and videos on the best practices on running and managing a gas plant to conform with best international practices and standard HSE processes.

● Our plants also comes with all require safety features like the emergency shut off value, 2 fire extinguisher and a fire proof pump.

● Our plants undergoes Pressure Testing and Quality Assurance Test of all the installations and the volume of the storage tank to ensure all the tank and filling process is running smoothly without any hitches

BUSINESS CHALLENGES

● Sitting your plant in a none profitable location: The daily target sale of your plant should be a minium 33 cylinders daily. To achieve this is actuqlly very easy with a good location. If you are not selling as aspected, This would require you move the plant another location.

● Sitting your plant In a highly competitive environment: Even though competition in the LPG industry is still less, there some environment already occupied by bigger plants which we advise that you first conduct a market research on your environment before sitting your plant.

FAILURE RATE:

Failure rate in this business is 0 as long as you sit your plant in a residential environment with a good marketing strategy to attract and retain customers.

LICENCES

No. A single licence cannot be used to operate more than one plant. The cost of acquiring a licence from state to state differs. But I can tell you that you won't spend more than N250, 000 in getting your licence for a skid plant.

2 Likes

Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
up
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2016
good morning
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
up
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 8:27am On Jan 13, 2016
good morning
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2016
up
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
upper
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by AreaFada2: 4:41am On Jan 14, 2016
Thanks for your prompt reply sir.
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 10:39am On Jan 14, 2016
Thank you Area Fada
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 9:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
up
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 10:36am On Jan 15, 2016
good morning
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by AreaFada2: 7:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
Sir I think the cost of starting the business is still high for most average people. And not everyone is comfortable with loans in 9ja. Anyway to reduce initial capital outlay to 2 to 2.5m?

1 Like

Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
good evening
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 8:29am On Jan 16, 2016
good morning
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 8:32am On Jan 16, 2016
AreaFada2:
Sir I think the cost of starting the business is still high for most average people. And not everyone is comfortable with loans in 9ja. Anyway to reduce initial capital outlay to 2 to 2.5m?

N2.5million is the cost of building a plant that would one day explode and probably kill someone. so I won't advise you to procure such a plant and I cannot build a 2.5ton plant for you for that amount as our plants are built to standards and certified and this cost money but we have a professionally written business plan that you can buy and use it to Seek for loans or investors.
currently BOI is massively giving out loans and CBN are also giving out loans through the commercial banks at 9% interest rate
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by AreaFada2: 9:51am On Jan 16, 2016
ncolumella:

N2.5million is the cost of building a plant that would one day explode and probably kill someone. so I won't advise you to procure such a plant and I cannot build a 2.5ton plant for you for that amount as our plants are built to standards and certified and this cost money but we have a professionally written business plan that you can buy and use it to Seek for loans or investors.
currently BOI is massively giving out loans and CBN are also giving out loans through the commercial banks at 9% interest rate

Lol @ bolded.

Water borehole used to be very expensive in the 1980s . Towards end of 1990s, even my humble self was able to afford one. Ways have been found to cut down cost without compromising safety. grin cheesy

Thanks for the funding info.

1 Like

Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
AreaFada2:

Lol @ bolded.

Water borehole used to be very expensive in the 1980s . Towards end of 1990s, even my humble self was able to afford one. Ways have been found to cut down cost without compromising safety. grin cheesy

Thanks for the funding info.

hahahahahah
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
up
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 9:55am On Jan 17, 2016
mornin
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
up
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
Evening
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by iykmon: 5:47am On Jan 18, 2016
[quote author=ncolumella post=418675

Nice job mr William,I have some question I will love to ask you.
1)where is your manufacturing location?
2)Please are you saying you will transport the package unit to any location in Nigeria.e.g akwa ibom
3) What are other safety designs do have on the vessels, safety devices like psv and also nitrogen purge supply lines.
4)Other things like flame arrestor on the supply pipe to the pump.
5) Gas leak sensors around the pump to help indicate gas leak around the supply cabinet box.

You didn't mention this as part of your design features that why I am asking. I hoping to have one in the near future if your product will have these feature. I am concern more about the safety of operation. remember the recent incidence in anambra State.
You are doing a great job I must confess.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2016
a new day
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 9:54am On Jan 18, 2016
iykmon:
[quote author=ncolumella post=418675

Nice job mr William,I have some question I will love to ask you.
1)where is your manufacturing location?
2)Please are you saying you will transport the package unit to any location in Nigeria.e.g akwa ibom
3) What are other safety designs do have on the vessels, safety devices like psv and also nitrogen purge supply lines.
4)Other things like flame arrestor on the supply pipe to the pump.
5) Gas leak sensors around the pump to help indicate gas leak around the supply cabinet box.

You didn't mention this as part of your design features that why I am asking. I hoping to have one in the near future if your product will have these feature. I am concern more about the safety of operation. remember the recent incidence in anambra State.
You are doing a great job I must confess.

Good morning!

1. our manufacturing plant is in Festac Lagos
2. yes we would transport to any location or area in Nigeria
3/4/5. Our plant would be certified as safe by a 3rd party company representing DPR before delivery to you. we would also give to you the certification papers.
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
up
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
good evening
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by mujeebmuhsin: 5:58am On Jan 19, 2016
I think one of the biggest challenges you haven't mentioned about this investment is the uncertainty in supply... I am from the North and I have seen investments like this crumble to standstill due to inconsistency in supply from the main source. Inconsistency in supply could prove very risky to this investment. Could you kindly address this issue. thank you

● Yes, just a very small fraction of Nigerians uses LPG as a cooking energy. in fact, Just 30% of our population uses LPG as a cooking energy. Nigeria consumes the lowest LPG in Sub Sahara Africa and the government is massively promoting the use of LPG for various reasons which also includes Environmental and health issues.
In the past 4years, there has been a tremendous increase in the demand for the product. we went from 110,00mt per annum to over 270, 000mt per ammum in just 4years.
once the government can successfully convert the rest of the population (70%) not using LPG for cooking, we should be consuming over 1.5millionMt per annum

#InvestNow[/quote]
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 10:51am On Jan 19, 2016
[quote author=mujeebmuhsin post=42112874]I think one of the biggest challenges you haven't mentioned about this investment is the uncertainty in supply... I am from the North and I have seen investments like this crumble to standstill due to inconsistency in supply from the main source. Inconsistency in supply could prove very risky to this investment. Could you kindly address this issue. thank you/quote]

Yes one of the major problems with the use of LPG in the north is cost (transporting gas from Lagos to the north) and lack of infrastructure like InLand Depos and Refilling plants but this calls for more investment in the sector.
There are gas companies that supply gas to refilling plants like Oando, AA Rano and many other private sector.

Also, the use of LPG in the north is still very low.....government needs to implement and enforce the usage of lpg to reduce deforestation and desertification in the north.

purchasing power of the north is also low compared to the south except in few states and cities.
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by mujeebmuhsin: 12:44pm On Jan 19, 2016
I am seriously looking in to this investment. I understand that location is very crucial and I am therefore looking beyond my state for a good location. I will contact you once i get a good location at reasonable price.
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by ncolumella(m): 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2016
mujeebmuhsin:
I am seriously looking in to this investment. I understand that location is very crucial and I am therefore looking beyond my state for a good location. I will contact you once i get a good location at reasonable price.

Yes location is very important because you daily target sales should be a minimum of 33 cylinders per day and this is 'very achievable. some road side retailers even sell as high as 40cylinders per day
Re: Turn your small land to a very profitable Business (cooking gas plant) #PICTURES by domainservice(m): 4:49am On Jan 20, 2016
How much is the cost of refilling a cylinder??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

If Your Room As Bachelor Looks Like This You Are Boss - Pic / Get Any Floor Plan For Free HERE / Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.