Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Is Nigeria Still Primitive? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Still Primitive? (1191 Views)

'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' / Is Africa Primitive Or Just Conservative? / Primitive Villages Between Ututu in Abia state and Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by AjaraEwuro: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2009
Some of my friends living abroad thinks Nigeria is primitive, talking with them, they been away for years, now they find it hard to beleive Nigeria is modern, hey, is this true? they still ask me, do you people have swimming pools in Nigeria? come on. What is the true thing to tel these peeps.

With the way people argue on this forum, I think it s not the country that s stil primitive, it is the people themselves - example, a man steps to London for the first time and starts looking like a slowpoke and one year after, he tells everyone at home that Nigeria is a shit hole, haba? Maybe that peso was one stupid villager b4 travelling to London and now feels hey, there is quality life here o. hahahaha
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by IKEYMAN1: 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2009
hey man i think u should go for a body massage angry
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by redsun(m): 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2009
Before nko?It is beyond primitive the way it is now,it is systemless.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by tpiah: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2009
I'm sorry but asking if there are swimming pools in Nigeria is an extremely daft question.

For one, do these people need whites to come and tell them there are swimming pools in Nigeria?

secondly, your friends want to start forming like they never swam in one of the hundreds or thousands of rivers all over the country? (assuming they can even swim at all).

People should stop sounding bush while trying to act superior.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2009
redsun:

Before nko?It is beyond primitive the way it is now,it is systemless.

My brother, u captured the sad reality in one word - Systemless
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2009
Only god knows when swimming pools became a yardstick for measuring modernity, civilization and development of which nigeria and nigerians lack. undecided
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by AjaraEwuro: 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2009
nuzo:

Only god knows when swimming pools became a yardstick for measuring modernity, civilization and development of which nigeria and nigerians lacks. undecided

Most times when you try to sound philosophical, you actually sound foolish and stupid. That was just a simple example and you cant see it as such, oh my God, when will you grow up?
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

Most times when you try to sound philosophical, you actually sound foolish and stupid.

With this kind of response, you still wonder why your British friends think you and your folks back home are primitive?
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

thank you, small eye Chinese.

Stick to your tribalism and stop being racist to the chinese who are about colonizing you for the second time.
Oh. . i forgot. . . . you are primitive.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by AjaraEwuro: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2009
nuzo:

Stick to your tribalism and stop being racist to the chinese who are about colonizing you for the second time.
Oh. . i forgot. . . . you are primitive.

Like I said - thank you small eye Chinese -- oops - monkey.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

Like I said - thank you small eye Chinese -- oops - monkey.

I can still remember clearly how you stuck to guns that christmas lights on the pothole filled roads of nigeria translated to development. Now, its swimming pool.

The whole joke is now on me for responding to the retard called i_laugh in the first place.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by Jakumo(m): 5:59am On Jun 07, 2009
Thank you Nuzo, for reminding us that pot-holes can indeed be regarded as swimming pools, and that Nigeria is blessed with many such tourist attractions, conveniently located everywhere you look.

Investigating this matter further, I observed and secretly videotaped numerous fat rats coming out at night to swim in those pot-holes, and to engage in all manner of shocking debauchery and decadence, while lazing on recliner beach-chairs arranged around the pools that form on the cratered surface of many Nigerian roads during the rainy season, when the open sewers overflow into the streets of gold. I therefore challenge anyone to prove that Nigeria is backward in any way.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by AjaraEwuro: 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2009
what has he said?
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by IFELEKE(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

Some of my friends living abroad thinks Nigeria is primitive, talking with them, they been away for years, now they find it hard to beleive Nigeria is modern, hey, is this true? they still ask me, do you people have swimming pools in Nigeria? come on. What is the true thing to tel these peeps.

Tell your cynic friends anything you like BUT remember, whatever you tell them will come to tell on you.

Jakumo:

Thank you Nuzo, for reminding us that pot-holes can indeed be regarded as swimming pools, and that Nigeria is blessed with many such tourist attractions, conveniently located everywhere you look.

Investigating this matter further, I observed and secretly videotaped numerous fat rats coming out at night to swim in those pot-holes, and to engage in all manner of shocking debauchery and decadence, while lazing on recliner beach-chairs arranged around the pools that form on the cratered surface of many Nigerian roads during the rainy season, when the open sewers overflow into the streets of gold. I therefore challenge anyone to prove that Nigeria is backward in any way.

sad
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by tpia5: 5:22am On Dec 29, 2013
AjaraEwuro: Some of my friends living abroad thinks Nigeria is primitive, talking with them, they been away for years, now they find it hard to beleive Nigeria is modern, hey, is this true? they still ask me, do you people have swimming pools in Nigeria? come on. What is the true thing to tel these peeps.

With the way people argue on this forum, I think it s not the country that s stil primitive, it is the people themselves - example, a man steps to London for the first time and starts looking like a slowpoke and one year after, he tells everyone at home that Nigeria is a shit hole, haba? Maybe that peso was one stupid villager b4 travelling to London and now feels hey, there is quality life here o. hahahaha

swimming pools in nigeria are mostly for elites or elite wannabes, in a way.

however, people use the rivers and streams or sea instead.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by rej00: 7:45am On Dec 29, 2013
stupid folks... Tell em nigerians live on trees... person
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by tpia5: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
since pipe borne water is a rarity in nigeria, i guess foreigners might be excused for thinking such.

dont we all remember bathing with cold water from the bucket using a small bowl? Not everybody had bathtub talkless shower.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by Olastep1(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nigeria is modern
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by tpia5: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
why do you think so.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by BishopMagic: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nigeria and Nigerians are by and large STILL highly primitive people.

If by 2013 we still celebrate road constructions as a sign of development then we have a very long way to go
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by Gamji007: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
^^^

I hope you are refering to your boss,inSincere9jerian.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by BishopMagic: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Gamji007: ^^^

I hope you are refering to your boss,inSincere9jerian.

Re: Is Nigeria Still Primitive? by danthamccoy(m): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
Doesn't just have to do with swimming pools and skyscrapers. When the first thought that comes to people's minds after nabbing petty thieves and homosexuals is to lynch and burn them, yes that's a primitive place. Where the Government is chop and go with utter disregard for the law or people...
Oga, naija is primitive as fork!

(1) (Reply)

Quebec Is A Country Inside Canada, Watch Video. Yorubas Can Be A Country. / Oyinlola's Six Stadiums In Osun State / Where President Goodluck Jonathan Failed By Dr. John Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.