Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption (23175 Views)

James Bala Ngilari Jailed For 5 Years For Corruption / Arase Says His Official Good-bye To Osinbajo / Buhari Presents A Gift To Arase, Outgoing IG Of Police ( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by akindap07(m): 4:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
Just 50 Abi he should dismiss all of them!
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by bmos(m): 4:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
EdCure:
Josep.

Adding more to armed robbery problems in this country. The dismissed would naturally find solace in armed robbery or other criminalities unless...
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2015
End time inspector..
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by Meritocracy: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
They still remain and I don't believe with any officer in black again, I handed over one criminal to them as my first encounter with them, when we went to for searching, nah so inspector of police started drinking ogogoro inside criminal house and still carry the remaining one down to police station. I later transfer the case to highest police station and handle by CSP and that one said I should compromise with criminal. I just handed all of them to God at the end. The name of the inspector drinking Ogogoro is Inspector Elegbede at Sango Ota Police station.

1 Like

Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by Cleanboi: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
They should extend their dismissals also here in benin and ibadan,the police there are a great nuisance.most of them r clueless,jobless and useless group of drunks who take pleasure in pursuing harmless ppl,and tag every fresh guy as a fraudster,but when the real robbers are in action n u call on them for rescue,as usual d police wud start playing Africa magic for u wide by saying there is no fuel,no bullets.no credit,no patrol van,hw many guns can u hear questions.na after 2days ah na dia u go see police dey pull stunt for public by storming the area and start indiscriminate arrests eida connected or not....In 2pa'cs and Chris Brown voice...F the powopow.

1 Like

Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by phemflex90(m): 4:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
if true, the names of the dismissed officers should be publish on National newspapers for the easiest way to identify them. kudos to Arase

1 Like

Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by 989900: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
Does anyone remember Tafa Balogun?

All same.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dismissing police or army officers is a black man's poor approach in cubbing crime and corruption. You have only increased the rate of crime. In the military here in Ghana, we would rather punish them by withhoding their salary, or cut it by half or subject them to community works for months and then warn them but NEVER to dismiss a man trained in arms handing and explosive or security training secrets. One thing is sure, they will use what they know to feed themselves. I know you are sincere and wants to reshape that country's police to be the best, but that approach should be the last resort when such officer is involved in an extremely serious offence. More grace to your effort
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by agentakins: 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
Lilimax:
Glad to know!
We have so many bad eggs in that force but these few should serve as a detrrent to other corrupt ones embarassed
"Deterrent" is not in Nigerian dictionary . It will even make dem restrategise.

Check my thread if u would like to make money.
www.nairaland.com/2799496/actually-make-money-mining-coins/1#41116601
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by jkendy(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
So what happens to the men in black who drink and get drunk early in the morning b4 reporting to duty nah
Justice can only be said to have been done if these class of drunks follow through the exit door.
They're symbols of corruption and St:upidity personified.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by Chubhie: 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
They will go and mount roadblocks in the interior.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by fowowe411: 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
This is injustice on the dismissed officers part...not because they are innocent but they are being punished for a crime committed by the entire NPF,the entire police community is corrupt!
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by dragunov: 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
Laredojohn:
The Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase has said the police under his leadership has fought corruption to the barest minimum, stating that the force has dismissed 50 police officers for corrupt practices and misconduct.

He stated that 56 others were sanctioned for various offences between May and November, 2015.

Arase, who stated this during the end of the year IG Conference at the Force Headquarters, Abuja on Thursday, explained that as part of efforts in ensuring peace in the North-East, 3000 personnel were deployed in the liberated areas.

He said, “Between May and November, 2015, the anti-corruption enforcement architecture emplaced by the Force leadership has led to the dismissal of a total of 50 personnel for proven corrupt practices while another 56 have been awarded various punishments.

“The IGP Monitoring Unit, X-Squad and the Provost Marshal have been charged to sustain the enforcement drive in the upcoming year while the policy of holding Commissioners of Police, Area Commanders and Divisional Police Officers, vicariously liable for such distasteful professional misconduct will also be reinforced.”

Meanwhile, the IG has inaugurated a scholarship award for 301 children of personnel who lost their lives in the line of duty and for those who have excelled in their various duty posts.

Arase called on philanthropists and corporate organisations to support the foundation which he said would also cater for children of victims of police brutality.

He said, “The Force leadership will profoundly reward the families of serving police officers that keep faith with our vision for a professional, discipline, civil, loyal and incorruptible Police Force in a way that will motivate them for higher performance.

“It is also for our colleagues that paid the supreme sacrifice in the line of duty. They shall not walk alone. We, as their commanders and colleagues, will do everything within our professional powers to keep their invaluable dreams alive and support the family they left behind.”

source : http://www.punchng.com/ig-dismisses-50-corrupt-policemen/
Sorry for the interruption. Just wanna know who the mod is that banned me.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by heffem(m): 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
Oga solo, if u really wam work na everybody u go pursue be dat...........men in black, men with black brains
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by oluwasegun007(m): 5:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
Na only dismis una sabi....recruit una no gree
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by kings09(m): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dem plenty 4 lagos sef. Come apapa (barracks bstop to be precise) n see daylight corruption. Na lie d IG d talk.
jaymejate:
[size=15pt]Abeg o, they still remain for Ibadan here o. Come carry them.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by amdoyin82(m): 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
McCarlito:
That is why the case of Impersonations and armed robbery is on the daily rise..
Dismissing them without any formal trade-learning abilities by the dismissed policemen will only increase crimes...
Because Men who handles the rifle as a source of livelihood for years and getting dismissed is not a good way to go for the average civilians whom they are coming to live among..
u are very correct. I fought with a police customer in my office sometimes ago though, did not know she was a policewoman cos she was in a plain cloth. She slapped me and i retaliated, she immediately called the patrol team and I was whisked away to the station. When my boss arrived he immediately went to the DPO who happened to be his friend. My boss boasted DAT he wud bring a copy of my termination letter to the DPO. Hearing this, the DPO adviced him not to do so. He said I will began to constituted nuisance to the public if I was jobless or probably the people DAT depends partly on my salary.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by amdoyin82(m): 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
amdoyin82:
u are very correct. I fought with a police customer in my office sometimes ago though, did not know she was a policewoman cos she was in a plain cloth. She slapped me and i retaliated, she immediately called the patrol team and I was whisked away to the station. When my boss arrived he immediately went to the DPO who happened to be his friend. My boss boasted DAT he wud bring a copy of my termination letter to the DPO. Hearing this, the DPO adviced him not to do so. He said I will began to constituted nuisance to the public if I was jobless or probably the people DAT depends partly on my salary.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by Toosure70: 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
IG has successfully added 50 people to armed robbers. Bad news
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
He should visit the highways & see how far he still has to go.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by dragunov: 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
Lilimax:
Glad to know!
We have so many bad eggs in that force but these few should serve as a detrrent to other corrupt ones embarassed
But kinda look sooo sad.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by wwisedu: 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2015
They should be given punishment. They will all end up being thieves.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by c4tnoelz: 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
make sure mbu's name is included
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by miqos02(m): 7:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
ok
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
Name them, shame them, let's see their faces. I do not believe any cop was fired for corruption? How did you carry out such measure and you didn't think it proper to blast this news all over the news, newspapers and social media? How do you expect your claimed actions to serve as deterrent in the future?

I think someone is blowing smoke up Nigerian asses.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by tefund(m): 7:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
names and pics or idonbilivit
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by Raphijoe64: 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hmmmmm,if at all dis is tru,then 95% of police officers in Rivers State wud hv been dismissed cos they hv desecrated d integrity of d force
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by delight03: 8:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
jaymejate:
[size=15pt]Abeg o, they still remain for Ibadan here o. Come carry them.[/size]
especially,ona-ara local government area.
Re: Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption by Reference(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
grin 50 hahahahaha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kabiru Sokoto Sues Federal Government For N300million / Mimiko Visited INEC Voter Registration Center, See Crowd's Reaction / Obi’s Suspension Of Campaign Over Flood Victims Is 'Eye Service’ - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.