Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari (34153 Views)

Why Nigeria should remove Subsidy now. Saudi Arabia & UAE have dropped Subsidy / Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More / Remove Subsidy And Crash Your Currency - Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Remii(m): 11:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
things have changed

in 2012: oil was $111/bbl and $ = N156

in 2015: oil is $38 and $ = N200 (official)

petroleum products prices have fallen worldwide, so removing subsidy shouldn't make the price too high if marketers are well regulated.

we should focus on common good, apc and pdp do not have separate countries.

Election is over, we should discuss with view to helping our common situation and not just criticize from fixed point of view. A leader should take decision based on facts and correctly not impulse or playing to the gallery. Petroleum is an international product especially for countries that depend on import. When $ = N150, a liter at N97 = $0.64 cents, reduction to N87 makes it = $0.58 cents. Now with $ at N200, a litter at N87 = 0$.44 cents. GEJ's reduction was not an economic decision but political one to woo electorates. One change from status quo is the price of diesel, it now sells btw N100 and N135, I remember it never went down even with drop in price of oil at tail end of last regime, in fact it went as high as N165 in May. Now I guess some regulators have resumed duty.

4 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Osakah24(m): 11:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
I supported subsidy removal before,and i will support it again,but let it not be in january of february.
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
preacherz:

Ur name is in de bible
Itz called " HYPOCRITE "

It's no name; it's an acronym angry
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Remii(m): 11:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
Osakah24:
I supported subsidy removal before,and i will support it again,but let it not be in january of february.
the earlier the better, hoarding will continue as long as speculation to remove continues. there is gain of N3.3m on one 33k litres tank @10 margin / litre

1 Like

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by banio: 11:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
Who is Tinubu ?
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by oba009(m): 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
No, it suppose to be other way like this. Stimulate infrastructure and remove subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by 9jatatafo(m): 11:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
Let PMB be be rootless in his decision
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by muyibaba222(m): 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
preacherz:

Consistency bro.....Consistency shuld be maintained
Nigeria was Almost turned into a football pitch wen GEJ came wit dis same opinion.........how do U now demand we focus on more pragmatic issues as regards to dis?

Are U now saying GEJ ain't no longer Clueless?
Why was he voted out

So U knew all along GEJ was Tite buh just for ya share of de national cake U came up wit series of falsehood just to maim him

Itz offician APC did Scamed Nigerians!!!!!!

Remember Nigeria economy and demand/price of crude was nt like this in 2012. Nigeria was getting more money then
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by engrhorla(m): 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
anonimi:

May God richly reward you for this archaeological excavation work you have just done to reveal the HYPOCRISY of these JagbaJantis bandits- Amen!!!

The useless thug wrote all that trash despite ALL the 36 state governors wanted to withdraw subsidy in October 2011.

They must think we are all brain-dead mumus in this country ni. shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606941_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011d_jpegc347aadcc28645a881c11e877b19ae27

You posted a link above. By Tinubu.

Pls try to take five minutes out of your precious time and read the article.

God bless nigerians
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Dbboy(m): 11:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
This people are mad remove what, they can't try it inpossible, what is good for GEJ is good for GMB.

2 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by gracephysics(m): 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
whrther he price of oil was high in 2012 was not the issue. The issue is that tinubu and others knows that gej was right to remove subsidy. They jst opposed it for their own personal interrst

3 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by abimic(m): 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dreambeat:
Ofcourse you will not hear because he is a snake.Who do you think sponsored some of those Ojota dancing parties in the name of protest just to discredit the previous administration.Tinubu and his likes are very deceptive,the more you look,the less you see.
If subsidy had being fully removed in GEJ's tenure, maybe by now interpol would be the one looking for Dasuki because he would have diverted everything for GEJ's reelection bid. Thank goodness subsidy was never totally removed then since the people in power were too intertwined with shit shots. If subsidy was to be totally phased out now, I would be eased since corruption wouldn't be at the same level as we knew it before which will be to the betterment of the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by noeloge82(m): 11:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
Let us wait for Pastor Tunde Bakares position on this issue since he was the founder of Save Nigeria and Even our dear Oby Ezekwesili
I for see an action packed 2016
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by AdeniyiA(m): 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
Throughout the post I was eager to read a portion where he'd say. "repair or construction of new refineries" ...
That guy is not clean ...

2 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
rusher14:
Agreed.

But corruption must be fought to a standstill.

Otherwise even the welfare package introduced would be Dasukied.

The people would appreciate having clean water from their faucets and even if they have to pay a bit more for transport, if it is dependable, clean and safe people would gladly board.

Abso-effing-lutely, fully agreed.

2 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
miqos02:
even all governors during that administration supported subsidy removal including oshiomole

not again... please leave "OshioMole out of gainful bargain.
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by komek(m): 12:17am On Dec 19, 2015
Dreambeat:
Hipocrisy!After winning an election riding on the back of 'do not remove subsidy',you have suddenly woken up from your slumber to realize that subsidy claims have been holding the nation back.This man is one of those Nigerian politicians that need to be done away with in a revolution.He has directly or indirectly killed drea
ms.I am sure God cannot wait to judge him.

He has killed the dreams of his pple who see him as their leader. Very hypocritical tribe

3 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by nwakibie3(m): 12:24am On Dec 19, 2015
engrhorla:

In a way, u may feel like APC scammed Nigeria.

But if you also critically look at it, GEJ took Nigerians for a ride e.g Dasuki issue.

But, hey, I am not a fan of the blame game.

GEJ was there, now it's PMB.

Therefore, can we move forward?

We can't be looking backwards and hope to move forward.

And at the same time, I am not saying removal of subsidy as opined by Tinubu is d key, but we, the so-called masses, should understand what this subsidy entails.

It's high time d govt stopped taking us for a ride.

God bless Nigeria
U should also tell ApC to stop looking backward(past administration) so that we can move forward

3 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Lionsclaw: 12:26am On Dec 19, 2015
Dreambeat:
Hipocrisy!After winning an election riding on the back of 'do not remove subsidy',you have suddenly woken up from your slumber to realize that subsidy claims have been holding the nation back.This man is one of those Nigerian politicians that need to be done away with in a revolution.He has directly or indirectly killed dreams.I am sure God cannot wait to judge him.
Honestly my guy, so does it mean when Tinubu Fashola and Bakare shut down Lagos in 2011 they and the entire ACN were senseless and clueless?? I mean this is going as far as 4yrs ago to now repropose what GEJ suggested
Those guys must be really slow

2 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by datigbogirl: 12:29am On Dec 19, 2015
keyobi:
Doing press-up to occupy naija as APC taught us when subsidy was previously removed.

Sha no go occupy where Buratashi dey pass oh...make dem no do you wetin dem do Shiites.

1 Like

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Bizibi(m): 12:31am On Dec 19, 2015
engrhorla:

In a way, u may feel like APC scammed Nigeria.

But if you also critically look at it, GEJ took Nigerians for a ride e.g Dasuki issue.

But, hey, I am not a fan of the blame game.

GEJ was there, now it's PMB.

Therefore, can we move forward?

We can't be looking backwards and hope to move forward.

And at the same time, I am not saying removal of subsidy as opined by Tinubu is d key, but we, the so-called masses, should understand what this subsidy entails.

It's high time d govt stopped taking us for a ride.

God bless Nigeria
we can't be looking backward and hope to move forward hmmm,just wait for the next president......
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 19, 2015
Where is Pastor Tunde Bakare?
Please we need you to resurrect "OCCUPY NIGERIA". If you keep silent now, you are a "Pharisee" hypocrite, "brood of viper", you and your team at "OCCUPY NIGERIA" need to get ready. The march starts on 2/1/2016.
We say NO TO SUBSIDY REMOVAL. Infact, at current selling price of oil, pump price should be less than N30 per litre.
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Bizibi(m): 12:34am On Dec 19, 2015
Hypocrisy is what I hate in this country and some people died in that protest,you can imagine the manipulation...... deceiving people to score points,how can one trust these guys

1 Like

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Joyfreak: 12:49am On Dec 19, 2015
Lol

rusher14:
Agreed.

But corruption must be fought to a standstill.

Otherwise even the welfare package introduced would be Dasukied.

The people would appreciate having clean water from their faucets and even if they have to pay a bit more for transport, if it is dependable, clean and safe people would gladly board.
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by ngoziama: 1:03am On Dec 19, 2015
miqos02:
The National leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), and former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to remove fuel subsidy without further delay.
Speaking at the 10th memorial anniversary of late Bala Usman, Tinubu said, with the removal of subsidy, the money can be used to feed school children with the country’s local products, promote agriculture and create jobs.
Tinubu said there were too many demons in the subsidy system, adding that “It is better that we remove it and spend the money to save the people instead of expend the people to save the money.”
The APC national leader noted that if Bala Usman was to be alive, he would have equally called for immediate removal of the subsidy, adding that, “What I have said here is more than talk. It is a call to action”.
Tinubu said, “In a perfect world, I wish we could sanitize the subsidy regime and thus continue with it. However, I have reached the conclusion that there are too many demons in the system for that hell to be turned into heaven.
“It is better that we remove it, not for the purpose of saving money but to use the money more wisely that we might better save the people. Let us begin a process of a thoughtful, but decisive subsidy phase-out.
“While this is occurring, we should simultaneously phase in social programs benefiting the poorest, most vulnerable among us. Programmes such as transportation subsidies, school feeding, improved basic medical care and coverage for the poor, and potable water projects are some of the things that can be done with the same funds."

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/remove-subsidy-stimulate-infrastructure-tinubu-tells-buhari/125009.html

I lack words to qualify this man called thief and nungu. Imagine these fools telling us that subsidy has to be removed as soon as possible.

Apc , do you still remember what you evil men did to jonathan. Okonjo laid out plans as to what they will do with subsidy if removed from petroleum but you evil men sponsored protests all over nigeria.
I ask today where is tunde bakare
Where is oby ezekwesili
Where is elrufai
Where is odumakin
Where is seun kuti
Where are the miscreants that were sponsored by the evil party to ground nigerian economy for almost one week.
Where is the NLC or have you suddenly gone blind and dumb.
Nigerians must rise against this wicked party.
Buhari deceived us by telling us fuel would sell at even twenty or forty naira. Buhari what is subsidy and without the help of your aides .explain subsidy. There is no subsidy so don't tell nigerians that crap.

In the name of the Almighty God, apc if you remove subsidy, God will visit not just you but your four generations . Look at us in nigeria today, , hungry and sick.look at us in nigeria today, sick and dying.dollar is almost 300naira to one dollar.
Buhari I watched your campaign in rivers, you promised to make one naira equivalent to one dollar.
Heeeiiiii apc look at yourselves, , fathers, grandfathers and think over your lies.
So long as jonah was almost killed because of subsidy removal, Almighty God can never grant your party peace.God will shrink your party.you have turned the stupid people including myself that voted for apc to beggars. APC has remained silence over fuel crisis because they want the poor masses to get so used to the high price and when they remove subsidy it will not be felt.
Apc wants to shrink nigerians and does not even want opposition which they equally played to get to this point. They have resorted to harrasments of individuals in opposition, nullifying elections and wasting tax payers money.apc wants a one party system which may never work with your sluggish, dictatorial and wicked nature.

Apc wants to remove fuel subsidy
Apc wants to increase electricity tariff
Apc wants to introduce toll fares
Apc wants to downsize the work force
Apc has refused to allow legitimate business men do their business
Apc has zeroed the nigerian economy
Apc cancelled PRESSID, a presidential scheme introduced by gej where first class graduates from nigerian universities are subjected to test before awarded scholarships to read courses relevant to national development.infact, a lawmaker from the north called for its ban because the northerners couldnt pass the test that was so transparent.
Chaaaaiiiiiiiiii nigeria is in trouble.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by idupaul: 1:16am On Dec 19, 2015
mars123:
Tinubu is talking short term, you are talking long-term. If the government is serious, subsidy would be removed and palliatives will be put in place to cushion the effect on vulnerable citizens like free meals, transport, portable water. The end justifies the means. There will be protests initially but with palliatives, it will go down. governance is not rocket science. Tinubu is making sense.

SMH
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Boyooosa(m): 1:34am On Dec 19, 2015
Wetin Jona com de do dat tym wey dem wan com CHANGE. Amaechi came earlier to flag-off the train service that Jona has flagged-off since 23 dec 2014, him broda de com now de talk about the subsidy wey the same Jona don remove tay tay, com de do am lyk say he de forecast baba ijebu. Only tin wey i see say dem de change na corruption tru #Dansukigate and na Baba hand de dat one, should i say dat combination of Tinubu plus Amaechi no even reach baba go slow @74, na wa o, who go com de advise baba now...

1 Like

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by ODUBEZE: 1:38am On Dec 19, 2015
Dreambeat:
Hipocrisy!After winning an election riding on the back of 'do not remove subsidy',you have suddenly woken up from your slumber to realize that subsidy claims have been holding the nation back.This man is one of those Nigerian polliticians that need to be done away with in a revolution.He has directly or indirectly killed dreams.I am sure God cannot wait to judge him.
Tinubus ' comment has always depicts greed! and as usual I am not surprise.
---

Someone who had an opportunity to inscribe his name in the hearts of so many Nigerians could not but bought and stole the whole of Lagos-State!
---

Now he has the audacity to give advice!
I learnt his company is into oil marketing as well!
Removing the subsidy is another means of siphoning money through feeding the school children e.t.c
---

Make things right and affordable and leave the feeding to the parents!
Removing the subsidy is making mockery of APC!
I am very disappointed!
It is well!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by mrtheo33: 1:52am On Dec 19, 2015
miqos02:
I didn't hear anything about him telling the previous government to sustain the subsidy
Where were u in january 2012 when gudluck removd subsidy n tinubu n co took to d street to protest d removal. During d campaign, Dr. Buhari, Tinubu, L'Mohammed n oda APC'S publicly said dat there is nthing like subsidy. Dat it is d govt way of stealing, dat it is a fraud. Now wht subsidy is he telling d PMB govt to remove.
They re hypocrites, enemies of nigeria progress always seeking 4 dia own gud. If he is benefiting frm it he wld hv calld 4 it removal.

1 Like

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by persius555(m): 2:11am On Dec 19, 2015
LesbianBoy:
Wait.....was it not this same subsidy ish that made many Nigerians wail 3 years ago How come its now a welcome idea Smh! Click like if you think Nigeria is a JOKE! undecided
I keep wondering why a lot of nigerians becloud their sense of judge with partisan sentiment at the expense of the economy. The subsidy removal protest then was in many ways justified since crude oil price was still hovering between 80 dollars to above 100 dollars per barrel. The cost of producing a barrel was 30 dollars and the govt had upto 60 dollars left to share btw itself and its venture partners.
Today, crude oil sells for as low as 38 dollars and still expected to fall further. We can hardly fund our budget because profit margin is as low as 8 dollars per barrel. The gap is so huge that if we continue to fund subsidy with the meagre we make from crude oil, its only a matter of time before the economy comes crashing down.

Jagaban's call for removal of subsidy at this point in time is just the right thing to do economically. The money should be channeled into building our infrastructures like power, railway, highway,schools etc. These sectors will form a solid base for a diversified economy. A lot of nigerians opposed subsidy then because no one trusted the GEJ's pdp led govt. As at that time, other economies were increasing their foreign reserve while we were depleting it. Today, algeria has almost 100 billion dollars in its foreign reserve and a national debt profile of 5 billion dolars. Compare that to our own 29.5 billion dollars reserve and a debt profile of over 15 billion dollars. Who is responsible for this anomaly? Your guess is as good as mine.

The two countries are monolithic based economies, algeria has a well developed infrastructural system.the same cannot be said of nigeria.We have a larger population which by all general economic index should be an advantage.

3 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by zheroes(m): 2:56am On Dec 19, 2015
Dreambeat:
Ofcourse you will not hear because he is a snake.Who do you think sponsored some of those Ojota dancing parties in the name of protest just to discredit the previous administration.Tinubu and his likes are very deceptive,the more you look,the less you see.
my brother the previous administration discredited itself, when you fall your enemy will simply pounce. have you seen a lion kill a standing giraffe?
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari by AreaFada2: 2:59am On Dec 19, 2015
muyibaba222:

Remember Nigeria economy and demand/price of crude was nt like this in 2012. Nigeria was getting more money then
Was 3 years ago not a better time to remove subsidy? Then use it to fund more infrastructure that would be ready or nearly ready now like the railway line Amaechi is now commissioning from East to PH?

You save & invest when you have excess, not during lean times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crowd At Buhari’s Campaign Rally In Enugu (Photos) / Buhari's Visit: Major Roads In Lagos Blocked / Newly Reconstructed Ilorin - Jebba - Mokwa Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.