Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. (7695 Views)

Poll: Is THis A Good Move?

Yes: 72% (50 votes)
No: 27% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) / SSS Parades Boko-Haram Suspects Including A University Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by hunterium: 5:42am On Jun 10, 2009
If somebody as distinguished,excellent and internationally respected in his field could be rubished like this by fellow Nigerians just because he is being asked to impart his knowledge to students that will benefit from his wealth of knowledge,I wonder what hope we've got in Nigeria.Let me make this clear to you,the music department of OAU needs KSA more than KSA needs it.You can't beat his achievement and contribution to wolrd music over the past 4 decades.

KSA baba o,more power to your elbow,all these naysayers are ony ignoramuses or let me put it in your favourite diction- 'elegan',Harvard will be your next destination after Ife.Peace unto you and your household.

i
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by ifababa(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2009
Remii:

Ifababa: May be you too need to check your records. Syncro System was realised in 1976 and it got KSA first Grammy nomination the second nomination was "Odu" in 1999. Check and correct me if am wrong.

You are 100% right my bro,but the basis of my argument was simply that beign norminated for or having won a grammy's does not signify the academic significance of your music, They want him as a MUSIC LECTURER for God's sake, Like someone said its like having your old uncle in the village that has done farming all his life apply for the post of a lecturer at OAU the agriculture department, Then he would be sharing his wealth of FAULTY IDEAS and not experience with the students.? grin grin grin, Someone then would want to argue that he has the largest farm in their village, d'you know what i mean now ,

And then micheal jackson should be made to lecture rock and pop at berkleeys or royal college of music,

I think the problem is people's view of what music really is, it's got its own professional side,
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by champredd(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2009
Appointing KSA a lecturer is a good move by OAU. That Michael Jackson was not appointed lecturer in USA has no bearing on decisions made in Nigeria.

We must start doing things differently. Many Nigerian graduates are unemployable simply because they spent their entire time on campus learning theories and not practical or application aspects.

Placing more emphasis on practical training will help develop lots of students
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by NaijaEcash(m): 11:34am On Jun 10, 2009
I don't see anything wrong in this. He is asked to share his knowledge, not award certificates! So, what is the bone of contention?
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by Remii(m): 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2009
ifababa:

You are 100% right my bro,but the basis of my argument was simply that beign norminated for or having won a grammy's does not signify the academic significance of your music, They want him as a MUSIC LECTURER for God's sake, Like someone said its like having your old uncle in the village that has done farming all his life apply for the post of a lecturer at OAU the agriculture department, Then he would be sharing his wealth of FAULTY IDEAS and not experience with the students.? grin grin grin, Someone then would want to argue that he has the largest farm in their village, d'you know what i mean now ,

And then micheal jackson should be made to lecture rock and pop at berkleeys or royal college of music,

I think the problem is people's view of what music really is, it's got its own professional side,

If it is knowledge based and there is prove that "Papa" developed a special way of growing his own crops better than other farmers why not document and improve on what he is did for the benefit of others, not all methods used today in all fields were developed in the universities, I think, lots of African medicine (not the diabolical, oh) had been lost because of our western tainted minds, as if Africans did not cure themselves of sicknesses before advent of Orthodox medicine. We need to learn from people who succeeded without formal training who know that may lie the link to our indigenous technology development. We should be able to identify basic knowledge, refine them and discard irrelevant aspects.
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by wanitas(f): 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2009
@Remii;
right now

i wonder why people seem to think that we must do everything the oyinbo way for things to work, iam sure that the senate of OAU are distinguished academics who know wat they want for their students, as have bn pointed out by anor, it is not a tenured post, so i dont see any thing wrong in d apptment,
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by topup: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2009
Fantastic smiley. Go O.A.U.!!
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by anwo247: 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2009
ifababa:

In your own miopic view, when a knowledge was not obtained from classroom, then it is no longer knowledge but becomes a faulty idea? King Sunny Ade is sharing the knowledge that was not available to even the Profs, and they know it. Impracticable theory is begining to run out of fashion boy.

Mind you, he is not a village champion just because his kind of music is native. Just a type.

GREAT IFE, I think.
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by AloyEmeka9: 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2009
I think Lagbaja will have more to impart in students in the area of percussion than KSA.
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by Remii(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I think Lagbaja will have more to impart in students in the area of percussion than KSA.

Even Lagbaja said in several interviews that he got lots of inspirations from KSA among others. Anyway Lagbaja may have his turn later, he is even an alumnus of OAU.
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by anwo247: 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2009
Remii:

Even Lagbaja said in several interviews that he got lots of inspirations from KSA among others. Anyway Lagbaja may have his turn later, he is even an alumnus of OAU.

you are correct.
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by timangel: 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2009
wow. i am most proud, as a nigerian and as a student of arts, many of today's lecturer only major in theorical aspect of academics, but with the likes of sunny ade, that is about to change, a student will able to understand the practicality of performance art, experiencing it wil be beautiful, congrats sir,
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by olanajim(m): 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2009
Nice one, it is a welcoming development, KSA is worthy of that honour,
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by mash2(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2009
Hmm, More artists in residence (prospectives):

Dan Marayan Jos: University of Jos
Dan Kwairo, Ali Mai kafo: Bayero University Kano
Sir Victor Uwaifo: University of Benin (I gues he actually lectures there)
Sikiru Ayinde Barrister: University of Ibadan, Ladoke Akintola Univeristy
Kollington Ayinla: University of Ilorin
Wasiu Ayinde Marshal: Ogun State Univeristy Ago Iwoye
Mamman Shata: Ahmadu Bello University (I don't recall one in the home state of Mr President)
Alabi Pasuma: Lagos State University
Morroco: Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka

Can you fill the list? grin
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by AloyEmeka9: 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2009
mash2:

Hmm, More artists in residence (prospectives):

Dan Marayan Jos: University of Jos
Dan Kwairo, Ali Mai kafo: Bayero University Kano
Sir Victor Uwaifo: University of Benin (I gues he actually lectures there)
Sikiru Ayinde Barrister: University of Ibadan, Ladoke Akintola Univeristy
Kollington Ayinla: University of Ilorin
Wasiu Ayinde Marshal: Ogun State Univeristy Ago Iwoye
Mamman Shata: Ahmadu Bello University (I don't recall one in the home state of Mr President)
Alabi Pasuma: Lagos State University
Morroco: Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka

Can you fill the list?  grin

Sony Bobo- Imo state University
Onyeka Onwenu- Abia state university
Collington- UNN
Alariwo- Unilag
Timaya- Uniport
Bright Chimezie- Enugu state university (ESUT)
Essien Igbokwe- FUTO
More to come
grin grin
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by ifababa(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2009
anwo247:

In your own miopic view, when a knowledge was not obtained from classroom, then it is no longer knowledge but becomes a faulty idea? King Sunny Ade is sharing the knowledge that was not available to even the Profs, and they know it. Impracticable theory is begining to run out of fashion boy.

Mind you, he is not a village champion just because his kind of music is native. Just a type.

GREAT IFE, I think.

[when a knowledge was not obtained from classroom, then it is no longer knowledge but becomes a faulty idea?], I wouldnt blame you for that line coz i know you have not the faintest idea of what music knowledge really is,

And boy,mind you i never said he doesnt play good music,bill gates should be a lecturer by now if its from your own ignoramus view,

In the general labour market whatever the industry or sector,attimes we defy certain academic rules and apply practical innitiatives to become successful, But this is Academics and that is why we have what they call a SYLLABUS, Going by the practical approach in the labour market,how many times should we have the syllabus ammended within an academic session, REASON BOY,

But all the same i trust OAU wont do the mistake of putting him where he cant perform even if it will take them to fashion out a course for him, i'ld suggest courses like "Live performance and stage charisma 001", bullshit
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by MrCrackles(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2009
Topic
JOKES! angry
Re: Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer. by Abeem(m): 4:52am On Aug 14, 2009
The history of Juju Music will not be complete without the mention of the heroic feat of KSA in transforming it to international heights. The story of KSA did not start from June 2009 when he was given the appointment/award by OAU. It started way back in the late 50’s and early 60’s when a determined young boy decided he was going to face life and what it throws on his way headlong. With an iron will backed by faith, desire, and determination to succeed, he did not waver nor look back. And the result of that determination to succeed at all cost as well as the zeal to excel in his chosen profession has enamored the King to the men at the ivory tower at OAU to tap into his rich reservoir of musical talents and dexterity in playing the guitar.
There are people, who do not like others to be successful. It pains them when they hear the success story of someone else notwithstanding the fact that the success comes by dint of hard work. I have read the commentaries of those who have expressed discomfort/dissatisfaction at the feat of KSA; it is their nature to be unhappy at other’s success. We leave them to their perfidious and guile traits. However, it is better to move to the cohort of happy people because happiness promotes healthy living.
To those who aspire to success, KSA is worthy of emulation. KSA personifies the spirit of can-do, and we can learn that success is achievable where there is faith, the desire and determination to succeed. Failure should not be a deterrent. If we fail, we should try until we achieve our aim. The story was told of a man who bought a Dictionary and the first thing he does with it was to rip the page containing the word “failure” from his dictionary.
Congrats KSA. More grease to your elbow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure / Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony / Ultimate Quotes From Aunty Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.