Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony (7697 Views)

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / Picture Of Eze Ndigbo Of Kano With Sanusi. / Photo: Shettima, Fashola On Buhari’s Entourage Before His Departure To Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by PointB: 2:38pm On Nov 09, 2011
Ndigbo tasks Fashola on ethnic harmony
Written by  Simon Utebor

Eze Ndigbo of Lagos State, Dr. Christian Nwachukwu, has asked Governor Babatunde Fashola to create the office of Special Adviser on Ethnic Relations to enhance ethnic peace and harmony.

He said the call was necessary to ensure that the Igbo and all non-indigenes resident in Lagos had a sense of belonging.

A statement on Monday quoted Nwachukwu as making the call during the 2011 New Yam festival in Lagos.

He said as the leader of the Igbo community, he would continue to ensure that cordial relationship existed between the Igbo and the people of Lagos State.

He said the Igbo are peace-loving people who are desirous of contributing to the socio-economic development of the state through commerce.

Nwachukwu commended the government on roads construction. He however noted that the heavy rainfall being experienced in the state had eroded some of the roads.

"We urge the government to ensure that the roads are urgently rehabilitated to maintain the good image of Lagos State Government," he stated.

He added, "We also want to commend Fashola on the re-appointment of our illustrious son, Mr Ben Akabueze, as the Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget."

http://www.punchontheweb.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=4037:ndigbo-tasks-fashola-on-ethnic-harmony&Itemid=542
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by aljharem3: 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2011
He said the Igbo are peace-loving people who are desirous of contributing to the socio-economic development of the state through commerce.

If so then why should the fucccking  government create a seat for ethnic relations in Lagos angry another seat so that they can be chopping money again

He said the call was necessary to ensure that the Igbo and all non-indigenes resident in Lagos had a sense of belonging.

What fuuccking sense of belonging. I have lived in Lagos it is not a matter of 20 Years. I already have a sense of belonging. Is this about non-indigenes or about more positions for the Igbos.

Dr. Christian Nwachukwu needs to shut is dirty mouth and stop creating division, when kasala burst the ideeiot would be the first to call others tribalistic, stu.pid mufon
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by EkoIle1: 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2011
Whats next? SA for comedic affairs?

These people are like some darm pests, always crying and trying to start something. Damn tribalistic bigots.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2011
Even though i believe the Eze ndigbo of Lagos means well.  That office is a waste of resources. He doesn't understand what it takes to run a state.

@ Alh_harem & Ekoile
Una automatic Igbo alarm machine don wake una from sleep abi? Do you guys use the same version?
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by congoshine(m): 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2011
alj_harem:

If so then why should the fucccking government create a seat for ethnic relations in Lagos angry another seat so that they can be chopping money again

What fuuccking sense of belonging. I have lived in Lagos it is not a matter of 20 Years. I already have a sense of belonging. Is this about non-indigenes or about more positions for the Igbos.

Dr. Christian Nwachukwu needs to shut is dirty mouth and stop creating division, when kasala burst the ideeiot would be the first to call others tribalistic, stu.pid mufon
haji easy na. Why u de vex na undecided
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Ufeolorun(m): 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
Eko-ile Omo iya-Igbo  cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

aljh harem could just be a computer program messing with our heads cos i don't get 'it' !really.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by aljharem3: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2011
congoshine:

haji easy na. Why u de vex na undecided

I dey vex because that is how it starts.

what has ethnicity got to do with Lagos a commercial center ?

what makes countries work is when people drop this ethnic this ethnic that and focus on making the place better.

I have been following this people and I can tell you, this people are creating a form of division where there is none
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2011
alj_harem:

I dey vex because that is how it starts.

what has ethnicity got to do with Lagos a commercial center ?

what makes countries work is when people drop this ethnic this ethnic that and focus on making the place better.

I have been following this people and I can tell you, this people are creating a form of division where there is none

It could be because of bigots like you and Ekoile, that the Eze Ndigbo is suggesting an Ethnic Relations office.

Btw, i like the way the Igbo community in Lagos carries other minorities in lagos along. It's very thoughtful.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by aljharem3: 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

It could be because of bigots like you and Ekoile, that the Eze Ndigbo is suggesting an Ethnic Relations office.

Btw, i like the way the Igbo community in Lagos carries other minorities in lagos along. It's very thoughtful.

Minorities, Who is a minority in Lagos ??

I mean this is a term by Igbos themselves and not others

No yoruba has ever refered to me as a Minority

Who are the Igbo community ?

Bigots like me, ain't you funny, the only bigot here is YOU AND YOUR LEADERS because as far as I am concerned I see no reason for a position for "Ethnic affires". NO COUNTRY does that and NO state in Nigeria does that so why should it start with you or Dr Christian ?
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2011
alj_harem:

Minorities, Who is a minority in Lagos ??

I mean this is a term by Igbos themselves and not others

No yoruba has ever refered to me as a Minority

Who are the Igbo community ?

Bigots like me, ain't you funny, the only bigot here is YOU AND YOUR LEADERS because as far as I am concerned I see no reason for a position for "Ethnic affires". NO COUNTRY does that and NO state in Nigeria does that so why should it start with you or Dr Christian ?

You're a minority whether you like it or not. Likewise the Igbos, despite their huge population in Lagos. The Yorubas are still in the majority.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by aljharem3: 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

You're a minority whether you like it or not. Likewise the Igbos, despite their huge population in Lagos. The Yorubas are still in the majority.

Afam4eve, I really pity you and like of you. People like you really should not be in Lagos or any other region other than yours. cry cry cry

I don't see myself as a "MINORITY" neither have i been treated as a "MINORITY" in Lagos. I see myself as an Indigene and as such I am treated like every other yoruba person in Lagos.

I have Know a lot of Ibibios that think like this as well, NEVER EVER THINK OF YOURSELF AS A MINORITY in Lagos. How do you define a Minority ?

A small group of people with low population that can not speak for themselves ? right !

Well I am a lagosian thus I am not a minority, My government in this case Fashola speaks for my and my state
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 5:54pm On Nov 09, 2011
You're a Lagosian but not Yoruba, right? So, what makes you an indigene. Were you not one of those that were reprimanding some Igbos for claiming that they want to be governor of Lagos because they see themselves as Lagosians. Nice you've shifted the goal post. Always speaking from both sides of your mouth.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by jason123: 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
@Afam

I have followed your post for a few days, even after the "bashing" on other threads yesterday and today, you remained calm, free and intelligent but on this occasion, you have disappointed yourself.

I have always thought people were Lagosians first before all this ethnic junk. I tend to follow Alhaji's POV on this thread. He is right. The creation of such an office will make people ethnically aware. I'm sure you don't want that because we all know what will happen after that, don't we? We'll go back to the post 1993 election, early 2000's and ethnic disparity. Let's try to avoid ethnic tension.

With that said, I believe Dr. Nwachukwu was wrong! Must everything in Nigeria be about ethnicity Please, let's leave states like Lagos, Delta and Rivers alone. Let things take place NATURALLY in those states. For the sake of dignity. At least, us abroad can boast small.
Thanks Afam.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by aljharem3: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

You're a Lagosian but not Yoruba, right? So, what makes you an indigene. Were you not one of those that were reprimanding some Igbos for claiming that they want to be governor of Lagos because they see themselves as Lagosians. Nice you've shifted the goal post. Always speaking from both sides of your mouth.
listen to yourself
I remain consistent

Look at the highlighted part, is it Igbo or a lagosian

Why should he be the governor when he is Igbo ? Is lagos = Igbo or is lagos = lagosian

answer the question

I do not want an Igbo governor in Lagos, I want a lagosian.

the group you were talking about were talk of Igbo, I do not want that
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2011
jason123:

@Afam

I have followed your post for a few days, even after the "bashing" on other threads yesterday and today, you remained calm, free and intelligent but on this occasion, you have disappointed yourself.

I have always thought people were Lagosians first before all this ethnic junk. I tend to follow Alhaji's POV on this thread. He is right. The creation of such an office will make people ethnically aware. I'm sure you don't want that because we all know what will happen after that, don't we? We'll go back to the post 1993 election, early 2000's and ethnic disparity. Let's try to avoid ethnic tension.

With that said, I believe Dr. Nwachukwu was wrong! Must everything in Nigeria be about ethnicity Please, let's leave states like Lagos, Delta and Rivers alone. Let things take place NATURALLY in those states. For the same of dignity. At least, us abroad can boast small.
Thanks Afam.

I guess you didn't checkout my first post where i stated that this is not the best idea. I'm against it but i don't think the idea was in bad taste.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2011
alj_harem:

listen to yourself
I remain consistent

Look at the highlighted part, is it Igbo or a lagosian

Why should he be the governor when he is Igbo ? Is lagos = Igbo or is lagos = lagosian

answer the question

I do not want an Igbo governor in Lagos, I want a lagosian.

the group you were talking about were talk of Igbo, I do not want that

So, is a Lagosian an Animal. Won't he still be Igbo, Yoruba or from any other group? Or are you suggesting that Lagosians are aliens. Guy, pls be lucid. I'm loosing you.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by aljharem3: 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2011
jason123:

@Afam

With that said, I believe Dr. Nwachukwu was wrong! Must everything in Nigeria be about ethnicity Please, let's leave states like Lagos, Delta and Rivers alone. Let things take place NATURALLY in those states. For the sake of dignity. At least, us abroad can boast small.
Thanks Afam.

thank you, to even think people like him schooled in Unilag and live in Lagos cry cry cry cry
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by aljharem3: 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

So, is a Lagosian an Animal. Won't he still be Igbo, Yoruba or from any other group? Or are you suggesting that Lagosians are aliens. Guy, pls be lucid. I'm loosing you.

Why should he be Yoruba, Igbo or any other group ?

why can't he just be a Lagosian ?

You are not loosing me, stay focus
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
alj_harem:

Why should he be Yoruba, Igbo or any other group ?

why can't he just be a Lagosian ?

You are not loosing me, stay focus

Maybe if you're focused i'll understand where you're coming from. A lagosian is a Nigerian, right? He's from one of the over 250 ethnic groups, right? So, what's your point?
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by dayokanu(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
Anyone not satisfied with the current structure can go back to his/her home state
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by aljharem3: 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Maybe if you're focused i'll understand where you're coming from. A lagosian is a Nigerian, right? He's from one of the over 250 ethnic groups, right? So, what's your point?

dude, that is why I told YOU to remain focus.

Yes a lagosian is a Nigeria and belongs to one of the 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria, but as far as Lagos is concerned he drops his identity as Igbo and becomes a governor.

When Fashola was campaigning, Did he tell you Yoruba oni baje o or Eko oni baje o.

He was not elected based on his ethnic group but based on that he is a lagosian.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2011
alj_harem:

dude, that is why I told YOU to remain focus.

Yes a lagosian is a Nigeria and belongs to one of the 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria, but as far as Lagos is concerned he drops his identity as Igbo and becomes a governor.

When Fashola was campaigning, Did he tell you Yoruba oni baje o or Eko oni baje po.

He was not elected based on his ethnic group but based on that he is a lagosian.

No, his identity does not seize because he's the governor of Lagos state. He just has to carry out his duty as a Lagosian and not as Igbo, Yoruba et al. That's where you missed the point.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by aljharem3: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

No, his identity does not seize because he's the governor of Lagos state. He just has to carry out his duty as a Lagosian and not as Igbo, Yoruba et al. That's where you missed the point.

Nope you don't get my point, he has his Identity but we can not vote for him or elect someone based on his ethnicity in Lagos. thus there is NO NEED TO A POSITION OF ETHNIC AFFAIRS or whatever
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
alj_harem:

Nope you don't get my point, he has his Identity but we can not vote for him or elect someone based on his ethnicity in Lagos. thus there is NO NEED TO A POSITION OF ETHNIC AFFAIRS or whatever

On this, you have a point. That's the point i was trying to pass across anyways. One love.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by jason123: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

I guess you didn't checkout my first post where i stated that this is not the best idea. I'm against it but[b] i don't think the idea was in bad taste.
[/b]

I totally understand where you are coming from and to be honest, the highlighted is true. But, Lagosians should not allow it sha. Any sign of division should be resisted. Thanks.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by EkoIle1: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Shut your mouth. Who is the bigot here? You people are the most tribalistic people on earth. You are in lagos living in peace and harmony, you are comducting  your business and making money without any form of problem, you are protected and looked out for just like the next lagosian, you you are not getting killed and kidnapped like your own people do to you back in your backward and lawless villages.

Every thing about you people is always about tr ribalistic rubbish and division, there are tons on other groups in lagos living in peace with no tribal noise everyday. Whats next? Other groups in lagos askkng for special accomdations, SA, special state offices?

You want otner people to bow to your ethnic group,  you want other people to jump everytime your low self esteem and insecurities sets in as if the sun rise and sets on your ass.

You people are a freeking joke.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

Shut your mouth. Who is the bigot here? You people are the most tribalistic people on earth. You are in lagos living in peace and harmony, you are comducting  your business and making money without any form of problem, you are protected and looked out for just like the next lagosian, you you are not getting killed and kidnapped like your own people do to you back in your backward and lawless villages.

Every thing about you people is always about tr ribalistic rubbish and division, there are tons on other groups in lagos living in peace with no tribal noise everyday. Whats next? Other groups in lagos askkng for special accomdations, SA, special state offices?

You want otner people to bow to your ethnic group,  you want other people to jump everytime your low self esteem and insecurities sets in as if the sun rise and sets on your Bottom.

You people are a freeking joke.

Shut you face already and crawl back to the cave you emerged from. The topic has been settled.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by jason123: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
@Eko-Ile
That was not necessary . . . .
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by EkoIle1: 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2011
jason123:

@Eko-Ile
That was not necessary . . . .

Was it necessary to insult me? Like I say all the time, you get back what you serve.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by EkoIle1: 6:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Shut you face already and crawl back to the cave you emerged from. The topic has been settled.

STFU. You dont dictate to me what and when to post you dummie.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by Afam4eva(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

STFU. You dont dictate to me what and when to post you dummie.

I'm not dictating to you. Are you not supposed to be an automated computer program?
Re: Eze Ndigbo Of Lagos State Tasks Fashola On Ethnic Harmony by EkoIle1: 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

I'm not dictating to you. Are you not supposed to be an automated computer program?

I really was not expecting much from your odious brain . Predictable dumb a,s,s.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SW To Assume 5% Role From 2019 / Dear Igbo Man, Anytime You Are Insulted, Just Show This Image / US Commends Peaceful Conduct Of Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.