Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,248 members, 7,811,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

4 Things Worse Than Death - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Things Worse Than Death (4349 Views)

Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by CoolUsername: 1:39am On Dec 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So has this process been observed?

shocked ... please explain this

Human brains share more similarities to other mammals, most similar to chimpanzees before others. The similarities become less and less until as we move out of the mammalian class to reptilian and so on. It also happens that several other organs seem to follow this progression.

People have been hooked up to MRIs and CAT scanners and asked to perform simple tasks or images would be shown to them while doctors monitor brain activity.

EDIT: Forgot to answer the first question.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:43am On Dec 20, 2015
CoolUsername:
People have been hooked up to MRIs and CAT scanners and asked to perform simple tasks or images would be shown to them while doctors monitor brain activity.

Oh ok ... I thought you meant if you meant that on a closer look MRIs are not designed

So what about evolution of the brain . Has this process been observed ? Or we gona read an epistle as a response ?
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:52am On Dec 20, 2015
CoolUsername:

Human brains share more similarities to other mammals, most similar to chimpanzees before others. The similarities become less and less until as we move out of the mammalian class to reptilian and so on. It also happens that several other organs seem to follow this progression.

similarities (belief from assumption) or observation ?

I need to know if this evolution has been observed
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This is so true . Vooks calls it antitheism . Atheists on nairaland need to understand the difference but apparently I doubt there is a difference

grin . He has to regain full consciousness first because without consciousness one cannot understand grin
Even steven wonder would see this and wouldn't make sense of it, face it, Religion has made you guys too basic.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 20, 2015
winner01:
and i replied simply

Notice "when im done". I have a purpose, a mission. Jesus completed his mission on earth before ascending to heaven.

So, when im done, i wish to live eternally.
if you couldn't admit not to see the new year and to live eternally then I consider your reply recycled DENIAL of your bible or Bimbo isn't in a greater place beyond earth.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 8:02am On Dec 20, 2015
aaronson:
if you couldn't admit not to see the new year and to live eternally then I consider your reply recycled DENIAL of your bible or Bimbo isn't in a greater place beyond earth.
Well, your consideration.
How in the world is "when im done fulfiling my purpose on earth" difficult to understand undecided...
Can you just be open-minded for once.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2015
CoolUsername:

But you see, a complex brain can evolve from a simpler one.
And the simpler brain came from? thin air?
I see how much you questioned you beliefs.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by frank317: 10:33am On Dec 20, 2015
winner01:
You are stup1d, its all you've shown here. You have said nothing reasonable so far. it only shows you are far below my level.

I honour my father, i know you have no reason to honour your father maybe due to hate or neglect but dont make it seem obvious that you are victim of negativity, its a brighter world dude.

I am just in my room dancing and rejoicing because you are going to hell.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by CoolUsername: 11:14am On Dec 20, 2015
winner01:
And the simpler brain came from? thin air?
I see how much you questioned you beliefs.
Of course not! What am I, a creationist? (Kek). Primitive neural structures can be observed in ancient worms. All it takes is a series of specialized to coalesce to perform a certain task over time.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by CoolUsername: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

similarities (belief from assumption) or observation ?

I need to know if this evolution has been observed
It can be observed in the way bacteria become resistant to antibiotics over time.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by CoolUsername: 11:22am On Dec 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh ok ... I thought you meant if you meant that on a closer look MRIs are not designed

So what about evolution of the brain . Has this process been observed ? Or we gona read an epistle as a response ?
The process hasn't been observed in real time, but there is evidence like I said before. Evolution can be observed in bacteria that build resistance to antibiotics. It can also be observed in dog breeding, with new species of dogs being formed over a number of generations.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 11:32am On Dec 20, 2015
CoolUsername:
Primitive neural structures can be observed in ancient worms.
where did the ancient worms come from angry
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by CoolUsername: 11:35am On Dec 20, 2015
winner01:
where did the ancient worms come from angry
They evolved from simpler species, all the way to abiogenesis.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 11:35am On Dec 20, 2015
frank317:

I am just in my room dancing and rejoicing because you are going to hell.
ok, bye.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 11:39am On Dec 20, 2015
CoolUsername:
They evolved from simpler species, all the way to abiogenesis.
And Where did the simpler species come from. angry
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by CoolUsername: 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
winner01:
And Where did the simpler species come from. angry
Abiogenesis. Life from complex organic compounds.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
CoolUsername:

Abiogenesis. Life from complex organic compounds.
abiogenesis simply means without begining and its the only theory on the origin of life that has been proved entirely false. Even though most other scientific theories are clinged to desperately despite overwhelming evidence to discredit them.

Its funny you believe life came from non-life through extraordinary processes, and still fail to acknowledge the forces of the supernatural, its also funny you care less about how "non-life" itself initially came into existence.

Maybe you should back your claims with evidence on the observation of abiogenesis happening in nature,
Or tell us if scientists have they been able to create a lifeform through controlled experiments.
Also tell us the probability of a single protein forming through purely natural processes and how acceptable it is based on the law of probability.
Finally, What is the minimum number of parts necessary for an autotrophic free living organism to live, and could these parts assemble by naturalistic means?
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by ScofieldBello(m): 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
Read up evolution bro.
I agree that the odds of making a living man out of that may be 1/10^100000....but it is possible!
KingEbukasBlog:

bro ... ScofieldBello has been throwing sand up all his life as a kid . I doubt he has made a living man outta that grin
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
ScofieldBello:
Read up evolution bro.
I agree that the odds of making a living man out of that may be 1/10^100000....but it is possible!

The fun part is that evolution supposedly has no goal or direction cheesy . Meaning that your present body structure as a life form was some mistake , no direct intention .

What are the chances that these three BLIND mice from Kaduna will make it safely TOGETHER to Maiduguri without any guide or information whatsoever ?

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by ScofieldBello(m): 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
Lol. That's interesting.
How come your God regretted that he created humans? A supposedly omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent God o!
As unintelligent as I am, I wouldn't even leave a sharp object at the reach of my toddler but your God, who knows what shall happen in 2020, left a forbidden tree at the heart of a beautiful garden 'not knowing' that your greatest of the greatest grand parents - Adam and Eve would be wise enough to want to have a taste!

If evolution seems a mistake and directionless to you but a God]; who created what he regretted and still regreting, could not controlled and still can't control, who asks you to forgive your enemies but promises to burn his own enemies in an everlasting furnace, who lied to his creations, who waits till his creations beg him before he gives them what he already knows they'll be needing and so on....doesnt seem a mistake and directionless to you, then you are an IRONY.

KingEbukasBlog:

The fun part is that evolution supposedly has no goal or direction cheesy . Meaning that your present body structure as a life form was some mistake , no direct intention .

What are the chances that these three BLIND mice from Kaduna will make it safely TOGETHER to Maiduguri without any guide or information whatsoever ?
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
ScofieldBello:
Lol. That's interesting.
How come your God regretted that he created humans? A supposedly omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent God o!
As unintelligent as I am, I wouldn't even leave a sharp object at the reach of my toddler but your God, who knows what shall happen in 2020, left a forbidden tree at the heart of a beautiful garden 'not knowing' that your greatest of the greatest grand parents - Adam and Eve would be wise enough to want to have a taste!

If evolution seems a mistake and directionless to you but a God]; who created what he regretted and still regreting, could not controlled and still can't control, who asks you to forgive your enemies but promises to burn his own enemies in an everlasting furnace, who lied to his creations, who waits till his creations beg him before he gives them what he already knows they'll be needing and so on....doesnt seem a mistake and directionless to you, then you are an IRONY.

You keep questioning God's nature . Its like betting on a game say Barcelona vs Norwich City obviously more money for you to give Norwich the win . Its very unlikely but you do it anyway . And when Barcelona now win , you start regretting your actions because it was clear Barcelona would utterly destroy Norwich

God was not pleased about creating man because of man's own wickedness . Genesis 6:6

6 And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

Questioning God's nature does not mean He does not exist . You are skidding away from the argument which is Evolution VS Intelligent Design .
Please no digressions , pertinent responses are needed here .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by CoolUsername: 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
winner01:
abiogenesis simply means without begining and its the only theory on the origin of life that has been proved entirely false. Even though most other scientific theories are clinged to desperately despite overwhelming evidence to discredit them.
Maybe is been proven false by pseudoscientists. What evidence has been brought?

winner01:

Its funny you believe life came from non-life through extraordinary processes, and still fail to acknowledge the forces of the supernatural, its also funny you care less about how "non-life" itself initially came into existence.
There's nothing extraordinary about inorganic substances reacting to form organic compounds. There's nothing extraordinary about hydrocarbons reacting with ammonia to form to form amide. There is nothing extraordinary about the self-assembly of formamide to form RNA at 130 degrees celsius in the presence of ultraviolet light (the temperature and ultraviolet radiation were much higher during the formation of earth's atmosphere.
That's the thing about science, you can slice it, and grind it, and tear it to bits but the pieces always fit back together quite nicely.

winner01:

Maybe you should back your claims with evidence on the observation of abiogenesis happening in nature,
Or tell us if scientists have they been able to create a lifeform through controlled experiments.
Scientists have observed the formation of the components of RNA by simulating a asteroid impact. But the truth is that scientists still need time. They've only being doing this for so long now. But I have confidence in the same system that has provided cars and landed on the moon.

winner01:

Also tell us the probability of a single protein forming through purely natural processes and how acceptable it is based on the law of probability.
Finally, What is the minimum number of parts necessary for an autotrophic free living organism to live, and could these parts assemble by naturalistic means? 
The first question cannot be answered without involving a supercomputer, sorry.

The second is tricky also, but a protocell will require a lipid cell membrane (lipids are capable of self-assembly, try putting an egg yolk in a glass of water), nucleic acid and an iron-sulphide environment for assimilation of carbon for energy.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by ScofieldBello(m): 12:03am On Dec 21, 2015
Doesn't that Gen6:6 you quoted tell you anything about your God already? "was not pleased" which arbitrarily means NOT HAPPY or better put, REGRETED cannot, I repeat, cannot be an attribute of any omniscient diety!

I ain't digressing off the argument at all.
I only claim that evolution cannot be flawed in its entirety (if based on probability) as regards how man came about....because the Biblical evidence is much more flawed.

You are trying to make me doubt that Orunmila didn't descend from heaven but believe and agree intoto that Jesus ascended to heaven. Won't I be foolish not to question the latter? I only need to think...I don't even need to be scientific about it.

KingEbukasBlog:

God was not pleased about creating man because of man's own wickedness . Genesis 6:6

You are skidding away from the argument which is Evolution VS Intelligent Design .
Please no digressions , pertinent responses are needed here .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians / Website To Help Jehovah Witnesses Discover Hidden Old Publications / Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.