Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty (5447 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / AR'BAIN - 40days After Ashura! (Largest Peaceful Gathering On Earth) / Which Religion Was Practised During The Pre-islamic Period In The Arab Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2009
oyb:

behold the copy and paste lies of noetic  cheesy

this is a link to the entire sahih bukari. i stated earlier that i could not trace any of noetics socalled lhadith  on my pc, so i hit up the net

there are four volumes in sahih bukari, and can be found here -

http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/bukhari/bh1/index.htm

lets just pick some of noetic the dubious liar for jesus posts -

Bukhari (83:37) - "Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a man who fought against Allah and His Apostle and deserted Islam and became an apostate."

no 83:37

these are all the 37s in the volumes

Stop telling lies young man.
That is not the entire Bukhari hadith.
Stop calling noetic a liar when you are the liar.
Sahih Bukhari has a 9th volume and you know it but chose to be decptive.
here it is
Noetic has been right all along.
To those who wish to know the real Islam,see it here
and check out all noetics posts.

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/084.sbt.html
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2009
debosky:

oyb responds with 3 bombs. grin

over to noetic. grin

Which bombshells.
oyb deceptively told us the sahih bukhari had only 4 volumes.
noetic quoted from the 9th which are equally authentic.
Muslims have no problems lying or concealing the truth.
Al taquiyah is their stock in trade

Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57:
Narrated 'Ikrima:

Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by debosky(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2009
olabowale:

@debosky: I read through your Biblical verses, posted above. I find not a single correlation between the "he is telling the in essence that the Kingdom of God will not begin right away" and the story of the king who concluded "that his enemies should be slain before him!" Do you see a possible connection between the two diverse issues? If you do, please point it out, as soon as you can.

Ask and you shall receive - In the end of time, anyone who doesn't recognise the Lordship of Jesus will end up in Hell, SIMPLE. It will not happen now, but that will be the final analysis - death here, is eternal separation from God. I hope this is clear.

If not you should ask yourself that same question that I asked myself: Why would a man illustrate a "judgement day" with "killing by slaying" and he is a none iotent man, you think?
Jesus is a non violent man, but he is not being naive to think kings don't kill people. Remember he was talking to people under Roman rule, and the Romans have killed people who were against them. That parable, being related to the circumstances around them drives home the message. SIMPLE.

You think he instructed his followers to buy sword for fancy decoration of their almost nude body, too? A man who asked that people sell their last article of clothing and purchase swords instead did not mean peace, but has declared war! You hear me, man? Please don't make me laugh. Its Thursday morning yet.
Declare war on whom? Did he say kill so and so? Can you elucidate/prove that the sword buying was to kill? Who was war declared against?
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by debosky(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2009
$osisi:

Which bombshells.
oyb deceptively told us the sahih bukhari had only 4 volumes.
noetic quoted from the 9th which are equally authentic.
Muslims have no problems lying or concealing the truth.
Al taquiyah is their stock in trade

Narrated 'Ikrima:

Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him

osisi responds with a cruise missile, annihilating oyb's bombs. grin

Over to oyb. grin
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2009
olabowale, i havent seen your proof yet. If its anything like the ones you've been posting then i recommend you return to primary school. grin
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2009
oyb:

olodo,

what kind of student are you  grin grin grin grin

so without google, you are nothing  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

google as you go crusading.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

i took you to a webpage that included the entire sahih bukari, and with the exception of what osisi posted, nothing of yours was there. cheesy cheesy cheesy

or is the fact that you are in perpetual childhood, making you so credulous that you believe EVERYTHING  you see on the internet  cheesy cheesy cheesy

if i showed you web links that say elvis lives you'd take em hook line and sinker as well  cheesy cheesy cheesy

ode  cheesy cheesy

so who is leading the IRA, ETA, FARC etal?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

do you people have anything between your ears at all  cheesy cheesy?

dokubo has since been defanged. its 100% christians running the show in the ND now . no big suprise that you are ignorant of that  cheesy cheesy cheesy

mr liar liar, don't derail the thread  cheesy cheesy

His hadith is authentic.
look again in vol 9

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 271:
Narrated Abu Musa:

A man embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism. Mu'adh bin Jabal came and saw the man with Abu Musa. Mu'adh asked, "What is wrong with this (man)?" Abu Musa replied, "He embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism." Mu'adh said, "I will not sit down unless you kill him (as it is) the verdict of Allah and His Apostle

who is the olodo now grin
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by muhsin(m): 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2009
$osisi:

Narrated 'Ikrima:

What's wrong here? I mean wrong in doing so?
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2009
oyb:

olodo,

what kind of student are you  grin grin grin grin

so without google, you are nothing  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

google as you go crusading.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

i[b] took you to a webpage that included the entire sahih bukari, and with the exception of what osisi posted, nothing of yours was there. cheesy cheesy cheesy[/b]or is the fact that you are in perpetual childhood, making you so credulous that you believe EVERYTHING  you see on the internet  cheesy cheesy cheesy

if i showed you web links that say elvis lives you'd take em hook line and sinker as well  cheesy cheesy cheesy

ode  cheesy cheesy

so who is leading the IRA, ETA, FARC etal?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

do you people have anything between your ears at all  cheesy cheesy?

dokubo has since been defanged. its 100% christians running the show in the ND now . no big suprise that you are ignorant of that  cheesy cheesy cheesy

mr liar liar, don't derail the thread  cheesy cheesy

Are you a liar or a poor student of Islam?
there are 9 volumes authentic sahih Bukhari hadiths not four
shame on you
now follow the link below cheesy

http://www.luvu4luv.com/Hadith_Bukhari.html
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2009
muhsin:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2009
muhsin:

I wonder
what's wrong in killing a few apostates here and there
how dare they leave the "religion of peace"
Allah's command must be followed.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by mex004(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2009
U are,,,,,,,,, comment reserved; common toothpick u can't make. Why should u take a fellow being's life. ODE
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2009
Madam
People even interpret sharia wrongly so this is no exception.

Your topic is based solely on hearsay and watnot.

back your points with proofs .

Mukina,are you now convinced?

Islam does not kill "apostates". Muhammad (AS) did not kill "apostates". Islam has One God, Allah. His Words are in the Quran (koran if you wanna be correct). There is One Qubla; Kaaba. There is one human authority; Muhammad (AS). Everything and everyone else go these Sources for knowledge. If anyone provide a knowledge that has no footing/root in the two Sources, Quran and Sunnah, then when you find out the truth, from Quran and Sunnah, you must adopt it, and discard the thing that you already though is correct.

What is very interesting is that Quran is the Primary source. And Sunnah/Hadith is the secondary source. The secondary source will not disagree with the Primary source.

Now, we have answered $Osisi. Debosky we have satisfied your thirsty for brevity.

Wait and see. Watch the deceit coming soon from "you know who and the gang!"

And I have not posted, like clockwork, they confirmed my thought.

Olabowole,
I wonder why you chose to put the word apostates in quotes but have we proven you to be a liar yet?
It's important for Muslims and anyone considering Islam and the world at large to know the real Islam not the politically correct version peddled on CNN by snake oil salesmen.
Some of us are not deceived.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2009
I put apostates in quotation, simple because it encompasses, all kind of people who embrassed Islam and came out of it; temporarily or permantly. Temporarily will be the proof of the verse in the Quran that says; those who belief and then disbelief, and belief again,
Permanently will be the proof of the verse in the Quran that says: there is no compulsion in religion,

I hope you know that there were munafiqun (hypocrates) who remained in Islam, till the end of the life of the prophet (AS). And even after his death they did not leave Islam. They died as muslims, except that Allah had revealed to His Messenger before hand who those people are. And the messenger had chosen an ordinary man, as the trustee of that information. The man's absence in the funeral prayer of each of the 10 hypocrites was the confirmation of their hypocracy. The fact that this man outlivedthose ten hypocrites was itself a miracle of Muhammad (AS)

Now, if just leaving Islam was a reason enough to kill "apostates" then, when Islam conquered Makka, those who had accepted Islam and left it because of the fact that they could not believe the Isra wa Miraj events, would have been killed. Wouldnt it be so? If just leaving Islam was the single reason for killing apostates, then when Islam dominated the middle east and its corridor, Ethiopia, those initial emigre who became Christian in Abasha, would have been killed. Or dont you think so?

I am sure you will not be satisfied, because you have been sold a bill of goods! You are not deceived in matters that is natural for man. But you are deceived about 3 gods to be one god! Dr. How many fingers do you see? And nobody has to study Calculus to know that three can never be 1, unless each is a fraction! Or are your gods, fractions of a single unit, 1? Before long some of you will be demostrating the 3 in One by a Apple pie, forgetting that the crust may break. And maybe a part may be just be flakier, or juicier than the other. You feel me, sis? LOL.

Did you intentionally not read my earlier entry about your blood sister may just upset you enough, because she goes against your expections of her. If that is possible that you can do that to your blood sister, then know that Islam has its own code. And when anyone cross the line, thereis consequences, too.

And by the way, am not an Angel. The more reason I ask for forgiveness of my sins.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by noetic2: 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ osisi

please ignore oyb.

he is simply displaying a common trait of unintelligible rhetoric known amongst allah's defenders.

I wonder what all of these realities does to them? considering that allah said they are all going to hell.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by noetic2: 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ Mukina

Noetic i do not have to prove anything to you . .geddit? Cheesy i wont be goaded either. does not work for me. many have tried to. but it never works.

LOL
Islam is a complete way of life. and in no way does Islam put rules aside for women and men.

u never can tell maybe ur answers will convert me to islam grin

so why are u afraid of answering my questions? its unfair u know.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by bawomolo(m): 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2009
Islam is a complete way of life. and in no way does Islam put rules aside for women and men.

inheritance laws?

no offense but you seem to be reaching fanatical levels. It shouldn't be too hard to admit the koran was written in a time filled with biases against women.

Don't all religions claim to be a complete way of life? y did u have to point that out
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2009
ouch turns out osisis is right about volume 9 . noetic i have to er . . .apologize for being too fast .

but my original answer still stands

it was wartime. end of story.

I wonder what all of these realities does to them? considering that allah said they are all going to hell.

see who is talking - where do you think you are going  cheesy

blessed are the meek, the merciful, the peacemakers , those that mourn, etal - you are none of those are you  cheesy - so what does that make you - cursed  cheesy

meanwhile, osisi, the title of your topic is dishonest - if you read the OT, you will find that your god in his previous iteration commaned the jews to kill as a duty, not so?

also, you have blithely refused to answer my question - were the crusaders following your gods word, or were they doing their own thing. come to think of it, are they going to heaven - they certainly are not meek, etal are they?  cheesy

check this out   shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy

The Torah states:

Deuteronomy 13:6-10:
If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which [is] as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; [Namely], of the gods of the people which [are] round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the [one] end of the earth even unto the [other] end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.[6]

Deuteronomy

Chapter 13

KJV

1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. 5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, 13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14 Then shalt thou inquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. 16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. 17 And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and show thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; 18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.

so - jews are mandated to kill apostates

oya eyin lost tribe of isreal what do you have to say about that? is judaism evil ? cheesy cheesy cheesy

now apotasy in christianity

Jesus said, "At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other." (Matthew 24:10)

which takes us right back to what i was stating originally. at that time, apostates were a military threat as they would have betrayed the muslims to the Quraiysh.

question - can a true christian be a soldier?

what osisi and co keep silent on is the fact that while the bible neither appoves of or condemns  killing of apostates, which is why we have this  -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Christianity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade

sad really, in spite of the fact that christianity is supposed to be a religion of love- you people have killed far more people in the name of your god than muslims ever could.

i mean look at this -

When Innocent III's diplomatic attempts to roll back Catharism[1] met with little success and after the papal legate Pierre de Castelnau was murdered (allegedly by an agent serving the Cathar count of Toulouse), Innocent III declared a crusade against Languedoc, offering the lands of the schismatics to any French nobleman willing to take up arms. The violence led to France's acquisition of lands with closer cultural and linguistic ties to Catalonia (see Occitan). An estimated 200,000 to 1,000,000 people were massacred during the crusade

and there i was thinking the crusades were all about Islam  cheesy cheesy cheesy

nice to know that you people eat your own kind  cheesy cheesy
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason

In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of disloyalty to one's sovereign or nation. Historically, treason also covered the murder of specific social superiors, such as the murder of a husband by his wife (treason against the king was known as high treason and treason against a lesser superior was petit treason). A person who commits treason is known in law as a traitor.

Australia

Section 80.1 of the Criminal Code, contained in the schedule of the Criminal Code Act 1995, defines treason as follows:
"A person commits an offence, called treason, if the person:
(a) causes the death of the Sovereign, the heir apparent of the Sovereign, the consort of the Sovereign, the Governor-General or the Prime Minister; or
(b) causes harm to the Sovereign, the Governor-General or the Prime Minister resulting in the death of the Sovereign, the Governor-General or the Prime Minister; or
(c) causes harm to the Sovereign, the Governor-General or the Prime Minister, or imprisons or restrains the Sovereign, the Governor-General or the Prime Minister; or
(d) levies war, or does any act preparatory to levying war, against the Commonwealth; or
(e) engages in conduct that assists by any means whatever, with intent to assist, an enemy:

(i) at war with the Commonwealth, whether or not the existence of a state of war has been declared; and
(ii) specified by Proclamation made for the purpose of this paragraph to be an enemy at war with the Commonwealth; or
(f) engages in conduct that assists by any means whatever, with intent to assist:
(i) another country; or
(ii) an organisation;
that is engaged in armed hostilities against the Australian Defence Force; or
(g) instigates a person who is not an Australian citizen to make an armed invasion of the Commonwealth or a Territory of the Commonwealth; or
(h) forms an intention to do any act referred to in a preceding paragraph and manifests that intention by an overt act."

A person is not guilty of treason under paragraphs (e), (f) or (h) if their assistance or intended assistance is purely humanitarian in nature.

The maximum penalty for treason is life imprisonment.

Section 24AA of the Crimes Act 1914 creates the related offence of treachery.

during those times, apotasy was treason.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 10:58pm On Jun 11, 2009
@Bawomolo: Inheritance law you quipped. Let me ask you, what is the wages ratio of man to woman in Chicago? And before you answered without considering what Mrs Obama said the other time, I just want you to know that we in Islam do listen to the news!

How much wealth of the USA is in the hands of the women, who are actually by head counts, the clear majority? Look at the Congress, the Judiary and indeed the executive. Tel me how many women have ruled the USA? How many women senators? How my justice associates are women? And all along women are the majority.

When men and women go out, she expect you to pay! America and ineed the world have just handful of Ophra Winfreys! Your wife wants you to pay, even if she makes mucho mucho dineros!

Now, every female in your household/bloodline expects you to make her feel like a woman. So a man must at least be bouyant enough to actuallly play the part when necessary. Allah in His Mercy knows the inner feelings of His creatures. So when a man makes a woman feel happy, she will show love and satisfaction and contentment. Part of seduction is kindness to a woman.

Seduction does not have to be sexual. Making a woman happy is seduction to me. You make her feel secure that you are in her life. Islam teaches us to display that to all our women; show goodliness. This is one of the reasons that Allah the Creator provides a greater portion from the inheritance to men than women.

While the woman will still enjoy the generousity of the male siblings, Uncles, etc, she also have the husband's generousity, as being there for her through his obligation. What does the man have? What he has and not more.

There are men who will not allow a woman to be responsible for them, regardless of her wealth and his lack of the same wealth as her. Its called gender conditioning. Not too many women will refuse a goodly treatment from man. Infact she expects it. Inshort, while you think you are exposing Islam, Bawomolo, you are actually giving us the opportunity to showcase the uniqueness of Islam. It is the first religion that put women and men on equal footing on everything. Women are not shortchanged at all.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 11, 2009
osisi the cherry picker  cheesy cheesy cheesy

abeg start a thread on the following hadith as well  cheesy cheesy cheesy

that are included there

Volume 9, Book 84, Number 60:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A Jew passed by Allah's Apostle and said, "As-Samu 'Alaika." Allah's Apostle said in reply, "We 'Alaika." Allah's Apostle then said to his companions, "Do you know what he (the Jew) has said? He said, 'As-Samu 'Alaika.'" They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we kill him?" The Prophet, said, "No. When the people of the Book greet you, say: 'Wa 'Alaikum.'"

Volume 9, Book 84, Number 61:

Narrated 'Aisha:

A group of Jews asked permission to visit the Prophet (and when they were admitted) they said, "As-Samu 'Alaika (Death be upon you)." I said (to them), "But death and the curse of Allah be upon you!" The Prophet said, "O 'Aisha! Allah is kind and lenient and likes that one should be kind and lenient in all matters." I said, "Haven't you heard what they said?" He said, "I said (to them), 'Wa 'Alaikum (and upon you).

Volume 9, Book 84, Number 62:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "When the Jews greet anyone of you they say: 'Sam'Alaika (death be upon you); so you should say; 'Wa 'Alaika (and upon you).'"

Volume 9, Book 84, Number 63:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

As if I am looking at the Prophet while he was speaking about one of the prophets whose people have beaten and wounded him, and he was wiping the blood off his face and saying, "O Lord! Forgive my, people as they do not know."

bloodsthirsty stuff that your gimlet eye happened to miss  cheesy cheesy
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by noetic2: 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2009
oyb:

ouch turns out osisis is right about volume 9 . noetic i have to er . . .apologize for being too fast .

Thats humble. Apology accepted.

erm . . .erm. . , now that u know what allah and mohammed commanded, do u plan to start killing apostates now?

see who is talking - where do you think you are going  cheesy

blessed are the meek, the merciful, the peacemakers , those that mourn, etal - you are none of those are you  cheesy - so what does that make you - cursed  cheesy

who are thou to judge me? I am not bound by the ordinances of allah to go to hell.
I am a candidate of eternal life with Christ Jesus by GRACE.

meanwhile, osisi, the title of your topic is dishonest - if you read the OT, you will find that your god in his previous iteration commaned the jews to kill as a duty, not so?

also, you have blithely refused to answer my question - were the crusaders following your gods word, or were they doing their own thing. come to think of it, are they going to heaven - they certainly are not meek, etal are they?  cheesy

check this out   shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

so - jews are mandated to kill apostates

oya eyin lost tribe of isreal what do you have to say about that? is judaism evil ? cheesy cheesy cheesy

now apotasy in christianity

Jesus said, "At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other." (Matthew 24:10)

which takes us right back to what i was stating originally. at that time, apostates were a military threat as they would have betrayed the muslims to the Quraiysh.

question - can a true christian be a soldier?

what osisi and co keep silent on is the fact that while the bible neither appoves of or condemns  killing of apostates, which is why we have this  -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Christianity

sad really, in spite of the fact that christianity is supposed to be a religion of love- you people have killed far more people in the name of your god than muslims ever could.

i mean look at this -
and there i was thinking the crusades were all about Islam  cheesy cheesy cheesy

nice to know that you people eat your own kind  cheesy cheesy

As usual running round in circles. Do christians kill apostates?
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2009
noetic - can't you read ? back in the day, you people killed apostates by the million.  cry cry cry cry,

far more than the itty bitty one or two that osisi keeps harping on  tongue tongue tongue

if you read my posts, you will find that today, as far as i'm concerned , apostates are free to go to hell.

there's no qurayish a few days down the corner for them to betray anyone to. now its between them and Allah. end of story.

I am a candidate of eternal life with Christ Jesus by GRACE.

noetic - you are most definitely not a peacemaker, you are most definitely not meek, you are certainly not merciful, you clearly have never mourned during your time on nairaland so, unless you are a chameleon ie a dual personality with an internet persona and a lidfe persona ( a frightening kind of hypocrisy) by the words from your boook , you are not blessed, therefore you are cursed , or nmaube you are 50% blessed , 50% cursed - since your god doesn't deal in absloutes cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2009
oyb you know I love you with the love of the Lord obviously.
when eventually you answer the call to open your heart to your Lord and saviour,remember to call me and tell me about it.
or email me.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 11, 2009
^^^^^

i bear witness that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammed is his Messenger kiss kiss
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 11:37pm On Jun 11, 2009
Oyb does not need that type of love. It is toxic, caustic and unhealthy. Give him the love of Islam; Salaam!

Oyb is successful.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by mukina2: 11:42pm On Jun 11, 2009
bawomolo:

inheritance laws?

no offense but you seem to be reaching fanatical levels. It shouldn't be too hard to admit the koran was written in a time filled with biases against women.

Don't all religions claim to be a complete way of life? y did u have to point that out

shocked shocked grin grin mehn you must to put your mouth for this debate cheesy it must not pass you by.

where in my post did  you confirm/affirm that?

dude push far oh. cheesy

before you jump into anything like disco dancing please read the follow up posts first thanks!

LOL
osisi got jokes grin grin grin
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by noetic2: 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2009
oyb:

noetic - can't you read ? back in the day, you people killed apostates by the million.  cry cry cry cry,

far more than the itty bitty one or two that osisi keeps harping on  tongue tongue tongue

who is "you people"? please clarify.

if you read my posts, you will find that today, as far as i'm concerned , apostates are free to go to hell.

there's no qurayish a few days down the corner for them to betray anyone to. now its between them and Allah. end of story.

I can deduce from this that u will faithfully obey allah and kill people because they dont subscribe to ur religion. Do u have a conscience at all?

noetic  - you are most definitely not a peacemaker, you are most definitely not meek, you are certainly not merciful, you clearly have never mourned during your time on nairaland so, unless you are a chameleon ie a dual personality with an internet persona and a lidfe persona ( a frightening kind of hypocrisy) by the words from your boook , you are not blessed, therefore you are cursed , or nmaube you are 50% blessed , 50% cursed - since your god doesn't deal in absloutes  cheesy cheesy cheesy

So i am not all these because I have continued to discuss the inconsistencies of islam? Religion aside, my conscience is very very clear. I dont have to kill anyone in the name of anyone.

Like I have repeatedly told u, heaven is not by works but by grace. Acknowledge Jesus as ur LORD that u might enjoy this grace and escape the hell-fire allah has prepared for all muslims.

olabowale:

Oyb does not need that type of love. It is toxic, caustic and unhealthy. Give him the love of Islam; Salaam!

Oyb is successful.

what love are u talking about? love and islam are two parallel lines, they NEVER meet.

if there is love in islam, why is there no forgiveness? why amputation, beheading and public flogging? why honour killings, apostates killings and child marriages? u must be joking if u claim that anything islamic is love.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Abuzola(m): 11:50pm On Jun 11, 2009
For GOD's sake don't let this crossworshippers drag u with their stupidity, we are not learning on this section at all
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Abuzola(m): 11:52pm On Jun 11, 2009
They ve filled it with debate debate debate, we are suppose to be learning, for me am not learning anything
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 11, 2009
noetic - read !  cheesy cheesy

The Albigensian Crusade or Cathar Crusade (1209–1229) was a 20-year military campaign initiated by the Roman Catholic Church to eliminate the Cathar heresy in Languedoc. The Crusade was prosecuted primarily by the French and promptly took on a political flavour, resulting in not only a significant reduction in the number of practicing Cathars but also a realignment of Occitania, bringing it into the sphere of the French crown and diminishing the distinct regional culture and high level of Aragonese influence.

When Innocent III's diplomatic attempts to roll back Catharism[1] met with little success and after the papal legate Pierre de Castelnau was murdered (allegedly by an agent serving the Cathar count of Toulouse), Innocent III declared a crusade against Languedoc, offering the lands of the schismatics to any French nobleman willing to take up arms. The violence led to France's acquisition of lands with closer cultural and linguistic ties to Catalonia (see Occitan). An estimated 200,000 to 1,000,000 people were massacred during the crusade.[2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathar

Catharism was a name given to a Christian religious sect with dualistic and gnostic elements that appeared in the Languedoc region of France in the 11th century and flourished in the 12th and 13th centuries. Catharism had its roots in the Paulician movement in Armenia and the Bogomils of Bulgaria with whom the Paulicians merged. They also became influenced by dualist and, perhaps, Manichaean beliefs.

yes, your book preaches love, somehow though, you people are all book and no action. i mean come on, how can christians who are enjoined to turn the other cheek engage in warfare ?   are the tenets of your religion so hard to adhere to?  
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 11:54pm On Jun 11, 2009
oyb:

^^^^^

i bear witness that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammed is his Messenger kiss kiss

If you like repeat this a million times.
All of you Muslims that had any encounter with me here on nairaland can't escape it.
The day you met me is the day your journey to answering the call started.
Just watch and see.
You've been on my prayer list and God hears me when I call. cool
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Abuzola(m): 11:55pm On Jun 11, 2009
Olabowale is not every of their nonsense u need to reply, by replying it influence them to open numerous thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Greediness And Its Treatment / The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) / Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.