Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,645 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured (19021 Views)

8 Nigerians Trafficking Drugs From MFM Church In Cambodia’s Trial Ends(Photo) / Bukola Saraki And Sahara Reporters Go Face-off On Twitter Over ‘stolen Millions’ / Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by vivianblog3(f): 6:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
United States President, Barrack Obama has named a Nigerian-American journalist and Anti-human Trafficking advocate, Bukola Love Oriola as a member of the US Advisory Council on Human Trafficking.

In a statement by the office of the Press Secretary, White House on December 16, Obama said he was honoured that Oriola and ten others appointed to serve on the council have decided to serve the country.

“They bring their years of experience and expertise to this Administration, and I look forward to working with them,” Obama stated.
According to White House statement, Oriola, has served as an independent consultant, speaker, and author on human trafficking issues since 2009.

She founded The Entian Story in 2013, a non-profit organization which advocates for survivors of human trafficking and domestic abuse after her personal experience when she relocated to the US from Nigeria.

“In 2009, Ms. Oriola published her book Imprisoned: The Travails of a Trafficked Victim and began producing Imprisoned Show. Ms. Oriola has owned and managed Bukola Braiding and Beauty Supply since 2007. She was a reporter and researcher for Century Media Limited in Lagos, Nigeria from 2003 to 2005. Ms. Oriola received an A.S. from The Polytechnic Ibadan, Oyo.”

She began her journalism career in Nigeria in 2000 at Common Interest Communications, Publishers of the defunct National Interest Newspapers and later joined the defunct New Age Newspaper.

In 2005, Oriola won the Cadbury National Award for Education Reporters and is a fellow of the International Institute for Journalism, Germany.

Responding to her appointment, Oriola who was in Nigeria in September on sensitization campaign against human trafficking, said she was grateful and humbled.

“Please join in thanking God on my behalf. I regard the appointment as an opportunity to do more than I have been doing in advocating against Human Trafficking in the United States and in other parts of the world.”

Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/obama-appoints-nigerian-journalist-on-us-human-trafficking-council/

Cc; lalasticlala , thats Nigerian oo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by vivianblog3(f): 6:28pm On Dec 19, 2015

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Tolexander: 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
Good!

She dey rep with her Kampala.

5 Likes

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2015
Oriola true true.

6 Likes

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Demmocrats(m): 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
Congrats to the lady, if she was in Nigeria even local government caretaker committee member wont come her way.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Tolexander: 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
United States President, Barrack Obama has named a Nigerian-American journalist and Anti-human Trafficking advocate, Bukola Love Oriola as a member of the US Advisory Council on Human Trafficking.
May God help Bukola Oriola!

10 Likes

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by cleatoris: 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2015
This is very good. Obama don turn Nigerians to the most saught after immigrants in the UsA.

God bless America and God bless Nigeria!

Our northern compatriots should also excell on foreign lands. No be only 9ja dem go dey show muscle.
Oh! I forget: QuotaSystem no reach dat side grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
Goodnews.,
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by ExplorerReturns(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
Just came to check names

1 Like

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by htconeline: 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
Obama is a tribalist shee nah only yoruba they USA Wey him they appoint... kikiki nah joke oh.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by juman(m): 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2015
Nice. grin
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by arresa: 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
Second Yoruba talent appointed by Obama in less than a week..

How Nice.........

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Lushore1: 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
Congratulation..mrs bukola love ariola.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by DirtyGold: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
In this life ehn whatever you do be good at it, there is this my ex I still miss bcuz of her pimples pressing skills.

Congrats to her and may our efforts and struggles bring us honour and blessings amongst man and God.

Click like to say amen grin
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by priscaoge(f): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
Congrats Ma!!! That's a good one Obama smiley

Good news like this gladdens my heart. Not sad stories that will make u deny Ur country, stories like......"Nigerian Pastor rapes teen to death in California, Nigerian Man sentenced to 80 years in prison for fraud and drug trafficking, 6 Nigerian boys caught with 57 wraps of Cocaine in US embassy cry cry cry cry cry Haba, na only Nigeria waka come? angry

4 Likes

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Oblitz(m): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
good!
meanwhile, check magic whey we de do with concrete------------>
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by ikechukwu354(m): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
I don't understand why this guy is supporting and using the nigerians, especially employing or nominating them for administrative positions.
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Redfruit(m): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
Will just sit and watch the tribal dogs bark
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by pretydiva(f): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
Congratulations 2 her
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Anikulhapo(m): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
htconeline:
Obama is a tribalist shee nah only yoruba they USA Wey him they appoint...
kikiki nah joke oh.
htconeline:
Obama is a tribalist shee nah only yoruba they USA Wey him they appoint...
kikiki nah joke oh.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by hayorzzyzx(m): 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
Good cool
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by eluquenson(m): 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
That's a fantaastic appointment and a + to Nigeria
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by spartacuz: 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
Good one
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by queenstlll(f): 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
ok
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by kelvinatkins(m): 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
Congrats
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by acunon: 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
Good development!
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Pvin: 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
good
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
NPAN member kiss

I guess Nduka's N120million spend is working now.

Anyway congrats madam, I see you have been singled out from the Yoruba Press to work with HE Barack Obama. grin
Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Kennitrust(m): 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
I wished to keep hearing good things about naijan in abroad instead of drug pushing stout.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Want Femi Fani-Kayode As Governor Of Osun – PDP Youths / Tinubu To Buhari: They Said I Should Not Follow Or Support You / Atiku, 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women And Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.