Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? (2432 Views)

Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make / Pastor Andrew Ejimadu Prays 'Money Into His Followers' Accounts. PICS / Rilwayne 001 I Say You Better BELIEVE The Ways Of Annunaki And His Followers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by greatiyk4u(m): 1:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
SirWere:
And who is the mouthpiece for christ here on earthundecidedundecided

All his followers
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
Then why have pastors in the first place?
greatiyk4u:

All his followers
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by greatiyk4u(m): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2015
SirWere:
Then why have pastors in the first place?

To teach and guide the baby christians and to also control the flock, not necessarily the mouth piece............to those who believes in Him 2 them he gave the power to become sons and daughters of God.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
greatiyk4u:

To teach and guide the baby christians and to also control the flock, not necessarily the mouth piece............to those who believes in Him 2 them he gave the power to become sons and daughters of God.
Your logic is flawed. You agree that the pastor is the focal point of authority in a church, yet you say he isn't the mouthpiece.

Let me give an illustration: Lord Lugard was the colonial governor of Nigeria, yet he reported to Queen Elizabeth. In essence, he was The Queen's hand, eyes, ears and mouth in Nigeria. He represented her. The same can be said for pastors.
They represent God's authority. Therefore Am I wrong to call them Mouthpieces
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by Rukkydelta(f): 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
greatiyk4u:

Lolz, na quarrel?...........being careful and fearless is the best way.............y fear what u have dominion over?.....this is the major problem of 2day's christianity
And what's the different between this and what i comment I said fear not but prevention is better than cure. Only a fool will see a pit and jumps into in
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by analice107: 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
@Sirwere.

Christiandom didn't come up with the office of the pastors. Christ did that by Himself;
Eph 4: 10-11. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.
11. AND HE GAVE SOME, APOSTLES, SOME. PROPHET'S, SOME EVANGELISTS, SOME PASTORS, AND SOME TEACHERS.

In fact even in the old Testament in Jeremiah 3:15. The Lord said, "And I will give you pastors, according to my heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Pastors according His heart. He is the one who gives them to whichever folk. The ones he did not give are doing their thing.
Your Pastor may not get through to me, and vise vasa.

God forgive me (but, I can't flow under a pastor whose grammar is flawed) but some folk can. anointing and Graces differs. Who am blessed under, you may not be blessed under.
Different stripes for different folks.

Why the need for pastors? John 21:15. And when they had finished eating, He said to Peter. Simon Peter, son of Jonas, lovest thou me MORE THAN THESE? (more than what?) more than the things of the world. And Peter said, Yes Lord, I love thee, Jesus said, Then FEED MY SHEEP.

The duty of the Pastors is to FEED THE SHEEP. But whether the pastors are feeding the sheep or not, is a matter for another discussion .

The sheep are very "mumuish". docile. anywhere u lead, they will follow. If u leave them, the get lost.

And when it comes to spiritual matters, the most enlightened are the "Mumuest" lol.

Most of our brothers and Sisters here in NL who are rebelling today is as a result of spiritual malnourishment. The Pastor put over them neglected them and, like Peter, said, I GO AFISHING.

Most of our pastors today are fishing for gold and silver, Big mansions and big SUVs, meanwhile, Christ said, COME, FOLLOW ME, AND I WILL MAKE YOU FISHERS OF MEN.

When you have eaten and you have 'bellefull', will you still love me to keep my commandments?

That question is directed at all of us Christ followers, not just to Peter.
WAKE UP, O YE THAT SLEEPEST, AND CHRIST WILL SHINE ON YOU. Ephsians 5:14.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by greatiyk4u(m): 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Emusmith or whoever is the moderator here should consider dis post Fp worthy
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by greatiyk4u(m): 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
analice107:
@Sirwere.

Christiandom didn't come up with the office of the pastors. Christ did that by Himself;
Eph 4: 10-11. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.
11. AND HE GAVE SOME, APOSTLES, SOME. PROPHET'S, SOME EVANGELISTS, SOME PASTORS, AND SOME TEACHERS.

In fact even in the old Testament in Jeremiah 3:15. The Lord said, "And I will give you pastors, according to my heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Pastors according His heart. He is the one who gives them to whichever folk. The ones he did not give are doing their thing.

God forgive me (but, I can't flow under a pastor whose grammar is flawed) but some folk can. anointing and Graces differs. Who am blessed under, you may not be blessed under.

Why the need for pastors? John 21:15. And when they had finished eating, He said to Peter. Simon Peter, son of Jonas, lovest thou me MORE THAN THESE? (more than what?) more than the things of the world. And Peter said, Yes Lord, I love thee, Jesus said, Then FEED MY SHEEP.

The duty of the Pastors is to FEED THE SHEEP. But whether the pastors are feeding the sheep or not, is a matter for another discussion .

The sheep are very "mumuish". docile. anywhere u lead, they will follow. If u leave them, the get lost.

And when it comes to spiritual matters, the most enlightened are the "Mumuest" lol.

Most of our brothers and Sisters here in NL who are rebelling today is as a result of spiritual malnourishment. The Pastor put over them neglected them and, like Peter, said, I GO AFISHING.

Most of our pastors today are fishing for gold and silver, Big mansions and big SUVs, meanwhile, Christ said, COME, FOLLOW ME, AND I WILL MAKE YOU FISHERS OF MEN.

When you have eaten and you have 'bellefull', will you still love me to keep my commandments?

Can u summarize ur point?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by analice107: 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2015
which point do u need summarizing?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
analice107:
@Sirwere.

All these explain my point: Pastors are the mouthpiece of God.

The bolded above betrays the premise of Unity and oneness you Christians preach, you knowundecided
OKAY!! Circling back to Grace, the constant which cannot be analyzed, studied or observed!

I understand

The duty of the Pastors is to FEED THE SHEEP. But whether the pastors are feeding the sheep or not, is a matter for another discussion.
Definitely. I would love to pick your brains on that though";-)

So in essence you're calling ardent Christian Followers dumb- in the spirit, of course.

I beg to differ, what makes you draw such conclusions. That is what the OP reffered to as "Fallacies of hasty generalization"grin LOL

Such analysis will make one ask the question: Why isn't God doing anything about them

This write up actually derails from the original thread. But it's still a lovely piece.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by analice107: 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
@Sirwere.
I will respond to only one point you raised.

No, believers are not stupid. That's not what I implied.

A Child who grew up to become Steve Jobs, was once a baby, who was fed, bath, cleaned his poopoo. combed his hair. Taught to eat, wen the time came. learned to walk, then ran. He depended on parents until one day, he became a parent , himself.
If he was left to care for himself from infancy, there's no way, he'll become the Steve Jobs we knew. He needed help, guidance, direction, discipline, correction, love in order to maximize his potentials.
So also, a Christian. No matter how old and smart, when he gets born again, he bcoms that toddler, needing all the help to also grow and maximize his spiritual potentials. He becomes a sheep that needs feeding with the Word.

If he is left to fend for himself, this fake seeds planted amongst the wheats will so beat and batter him. That's wen you'll see an Academic Professor, walking bear feet, with a white long garment under the hot sun.
( pls forgive, I mean no offends)

that's what I mean by them being mumuish.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by analice107: 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
@Ops
Am so sorry for derailing this thread. I actually, didn't understand Sirweres point until he posted another one.
Hands in the air.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by greatiyk4u(m): 6:38am On Dec 21, 2015
analice107:
@Ops
Am so sorry for derailing this thread. I actually, didn't understand Sirweres point until he posted another one.
Hands in the air.
t

Thanks bro, u re d best
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by greatiyk4u(m): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2015
Here we are in a new sunday
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by analice107: 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
greatiyk4u:
t
Thanks bro, u re d best
How's Analice a bro? She's a bae
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by greatiyk4u(m): 3:56am On Dec 28, 2015
analice107:

How's Analice a bro? She's a bae
Awwwwwww, very sorry 4 the mix up....hw re yu sweetie?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? by analice107: 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
greatiyk4u:

Awwwwwww, very sorry 4 the mix up....hw re yu sweetie?
LOL. I know you didnt know
Am cool man. You?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion / God Does Not Deceive! / Happy Easter Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.