Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) (46947 Views)

VIOLENT. The Kingdom Of Heaven Suffers Violence. The Misinterpretation . / Christians,was The Gospel Account Of Matthew Divinely Inspired? / The Misinterpretation Of The Palm Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by MuttleyLaff: 11:58pm On Dec 20, 2015
kallmemrB:
what made Jesus weep?
Wouldnt you like to know
Open up a thread for what made Jesus weep
and share, in context (i.e. taking into account the background of) that Jesus wept John 11:35 verse
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by snryockris(m): 12:12am On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=abitex577 post=41185585]@Op, please don't just quote a verse of the scripture and draw up a conclusion, I advise even that particular scripture you should refer to other versions of Bible like New Living Translation, NIV, Message etc and above all ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding. Mathew 11 shows how John the Baptist was put in prision for correcting Herod, and Christ actually testified of the personality of who John was and also reflected how the Kingdom of God is being attacked violently and only the violent/resolute/aggressive christian can make impact (John 11:12). Have asked yourself why on the eve of Christ arrest and crucifixion while he was praying in the garden of Gethsemane, His sweat was like blood? Do you think, someone praying quietly will be sweating and His sweat will be like blood?

And someone who is extremely scared of something will sweat profusely to d extent dat he will sweat like blood. It is clearly evident dat Jesus Christ was afraid and scared of dying bt still wished his father's will to be done. Dat is why he said he wld have loved dis chalice (suffering, cup, cruxificition) to pass by bt dat he is not asking for his own will to come to pass bt d will of d father. Violence in Matt 11:12 scripture clearly means persistent to enter God's kingdom and to preach d gospel. There are some prayers that require u to shout aggressively especially wen commanding d devil and his agents but nt all prayers brothers and sisters
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by nogames: 1:39am On Dec 21, 2015
If you dont understand bible please seek knowledge
1. About violent prayer Jesus prayed it in the eve of his arest
ii) Elijah prayed it (1king 18 :42) .".....and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees..." are you saying Elijah does not know God as father that ready to hear us before be embark on this dangerous act of praying?
2. About tithe in Mattew 23:23 the last part of it confirm need for tithing . If you dont understand it in KJV read another version, these are direct words of Jesus ".... you should tithe, yes, but do not neglect more important things." (NLT)

1 Like

Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:00am On Dec 21, 2015
abitex577:
@Op, please don't just quote a verse of the scripture and draw up a conclusion, I advise even that particular scripture you should refer to other versions of Bible like New Living Translation, NIV, Message etc and above all ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding. Mathew 11 shows how John the Baptist was put in prision for correcting Herod, and Christ actually testified of the personality of who John was and also reflected how the Kingdom of God is being attacked violently and only the violent/resolute/aggressive christian can make impact (John 11:12). Have asked yourself why on the eve of Christ arrest and crucifixion while he was praying in the garden of Gethsemane, His sweat was like blood? Do you think, someone praying quietly will be sweating and His sweat will be like blood?
God bless u. U re on point. Christianity isnt 4 those who re soft in prayers abeg. Its d passion/ faith of one's prayer that moves God. Its a pity some so called christians want 2 eat their cake & have it. All those who God used now & in d past re aggressive prayer warriors.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by bankyblue(m): 6:09am On Dec 21, 2015
BustScam:
When I see young people claim to be atheists or something of sort, I do not blame them but blame those preachers who have decided to be teaching is heresy and nothing more.

As I was reading through Nairaland beginning from 1:20pm on my newly acquired Tecno Phantom 5, I observed that many people have misrepresented the scriptures as penned down in Mathew 11:12

Let's see what the scriptures indeed say about it.

Mathew 11:12

KJV:And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

The truth about this verse is simple; it does talk about aggressiveness or violence but it does not in any way talk about it in prayers as we have been told by most preachers.

The verse talks about how many from time past have been violent in preaching the message of the Kingdom of God and not even of Heaven o as some may conclude! The verse talks about how we as CHRISTIANS are supposed to be spread the message of living in the Kingdom of God where Jesus is the King in charge of all affairs.

The verse has been so misquoted that it is the first thing preachers use when they want to tell you to SHOUT, SCREAM, ROAR with NOISE before God hears you meanwhile the Bible has already stated why God doesn't hear people at times (SIN).

It is therefore imperative that we come to terms about God not being influenced by anyone's loud prayers or screams or shouts PR aggressiveness during prayers! It is unscriptural just like paying tithes to a pastor is for members of the Kingdom of God.

Let me stop writing here while I listen to those I read some comments from on my clean an clear Tecno Phantom 5 mobike phone and birth this Holy Spirit inspired rhema: MizMyColi, tosyne2much, YourMain, chibwike, DonChippy, TedBaker, Rukkydelta, precious91, sunnyclif and others :-)

I might agree with u in some side, but for the issue of tithes paying I total say a big NO! Tithe payment is so spiritual and biblical, but the way this pastors this day use the money is the problem.

1 Like

Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by topearos(m): 6:57am On Dec 21, 2015
God give us wisdom, knowledge and understanding of your word. *Rhema*
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by Adaeze003(f): 7:19am On Dec 21, 2015
If sin stops God from listening to us then it means He won't even forgive us when we ask forgiveness coz He's obviously not listening? Then we all are doomed then unless you are catholic and you go to confess your sin to a priest who will also commit sin at some point too? shocked shocked shocked

I'm still open to learning but I think you're mistaking Judaism for Christianity.

The only reason I found in the new testament for unanswered prayers is not asking right and not having the right intentions for asking.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by Montaque(m): 7:23am On Dec 21, 2015
OP. Why do you bask yourself in misinterpreting the bible just to make front page?
Don't you realise that it will be better for you if a millstone is tied round ur neck and u are Cast into the sea? That is the fate of your type and many of the false teachers who glory in misleading people. The Bible teacher teaches with humility because his knowledge is spirit enabled, not by his own ability or property.
As to the two issues u highlighted, tithe is biblical, and before the law. Also the host of he'll and all contrary spirits are unleashed Cos they know the shortness of time, that's why living righteously and making heaven has become more difficult than it used to be, that's why u need to press into it.
And you need to deal with The pride of life.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by xest(m): 7:30am On Dec 21, 2015
BustScam:
When I see young people claim to be atheists or something of sort, I do not blame them but blame those preachers who have decided to be teaching is heresy and nothing more.

As I was reading through Nairaland beginning from 1:20pm on my newly acquired Tecno Phantom 5, I observed that many people have misrepresented the scriptures as penned down in Mathew 11:12

Let's see what the scriptures indeed say about it.

Mathew 11:12

KJV:And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

The truth about this verse is simple; it does talk about aggressiveness or violence but it does not in any way talk about it in prayers as we have been told by most preachers.

The verse talks about how many from time past have been violent in preaching the message of the Kingdom of God and not even of Heaven o as some may conclude! The verse talks about how we as CHRISTIANS are supposed to be spread the message of living in the Kingdom of God where Jesus is the King in charge of all affairs.

The verse has been so misquoted that it is the first thing preachers use when they want to tell you to SHOUT, SCREAM, ROAR with NOISE before God hears you meanwhile the Bible has already stated why God doesn't hear people at times (SIN).

It is therefore imperative that we come to terms about God not being influenced by anyone's loud prayers or screams or shouts PR aggressiveness during prayers! It is unscriptural just like paying tithes to a pastor is for members of the Kingdom of God.

Let me stop writing here while I listen to those I read some comments from on my clean an clear Tecno Phantom 5 mobike phone and birth this Holy Spirit inspired rhema: MizMyColi, tosyne2much, YourMain, chibwike, DonChippy, TedBaker, Rukkydelta, precious91, sunnyclif and others :-)
seconded bro

1 Like

Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by xest(m): 7:35am On Dec 21, 2015
oyeludef:
God bless you for this insight sir. D spirit of error has really been at work dis days. Another example of a scriptural verse that has been taken out of context is in d book of Isaiah where d Bible says "in d year that king uziah died". After quoting dis portion dey will then lead d congregation to pray that every king uziah in their life should die grin.
There is a difference between the kingdom of God and the Kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of heaven is a place, the kingdom of God is God's government over all His creation. It was John d Baptist that started preaching about the kingdom of God and Jesus Christ continued and brought it to pass. D Kingdom of God is alife amongs us today and it requires a conscious concerted effort to enter into it..
As for payment of tithes, I wonder y u will say it is unscriptural.
tithes is not mandatory but voluntarily, the so called pastors also deceive ppl with malachi 3. Tithe is a law n we are no longer living under d law.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by xest(m): 7:39am On Dec 21, 2015
Annunaki:
Yeah this is the verse that inspired the aggressive prayer pattern of MFM and it's clearly wrongly interpreted. That is apart from the fact that it goes against Jesus Christ's clear teachings on praying. I once pointed it out to an MFM member who is a friend showing her clear evidence from scriptures that their prayer pattern is wrong, even though she acknowledged the facts I showed her from the bible, she found it difficult to go against her church doctrine on the matter leading me to conclude people are more swayed by what their pastors say rather than what the bible says.

On the issue of tithes, forget it. Even if Jesus Christ were to miraculously appear to whole world and ban church collection of tithes, some pastors will deny/reject him and continue collecting their tithes.
u are on point bro,i always say it that if christ should come again the ppl that will crucify him are pastors. Many church goers worship n follow dere pastors preachings. U knw why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by xest(m): 7:41am On Dec 21, 2015
SirWere:
Lemme Guess, Y'all are catholics
meaning? Young man go n read ur bible and stop following wolves in sheep clothing. Any way christ said it dt many will b deceived.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by xest(m): 7:44am On Dec 21, 2015
BustScam:

Don't mind those over zealous preachers who are led by entertaining the church...

Concerning the Tithe tingy, lemme say it well!

Who are those who should receive tithes? Levites right? Who are the Levite's? A Tribe in Israel that God didn't give any land sharing right? Is there any Levite today? How come the only place the reference is Malachi 3:10 and it specifically referring to these category he didn't give a land portion to? Also, how come them Paul, Jesus, Peter and all didn't even mention paying tithes or something?

I don't say we shouldn't give o! All I know from the scriptures is giving to thee poor and needy and not some fat bank account men who don't need our money
gud one bro. Peter didnt say anything abt tithe neither did Paul. But Jesus in Matthew 23:23 gave a huge insight on d importance of tithe. Tithe is not even the major thing God requires from us, rather faithfulness, Justice and mercy.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by rayval(m): 7:45am On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=abitex577 post=41185585]@Op, please don't just quote a verse of the scripture and draw up a conclusion, I advise even that particular scripture you should refer to other versions of Bible like New Living Translation, NIV, Message etc and above all ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding. Mathew 11 shows how John the Baptist was put in prision for correcting Herod, and Christ actually testified of the personality of who John was and also reflected how the Kingdom of God is being attacked violently and only the violent/resolute/aggressive christian can make impact (John 11:12). Have asked yourself why on the eve of Christ arrest and crucifixion while he was praying in the garden of Gethsemane, His sweat was like blood? Do you think, someone praying quietly will be sweating and His sweat will be like blood? [/quote
Choi.....your pastor has successfully taken over you...
Don't be deceived...dnt go nd pray nd sweat blood....do u knw wat it means for sm1 to prpare for death?..Jesus was human..even if he was in a cold room, he would sweat becos he knew wat was coming..he knew the kind of death...that imagination alone can kilk you before the real thing.....
Forget violent praying..shaking nd vibration...it is not your voice that God listen to..but your heart..dnt b deceived...
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by oyeludef(m): 7:50am On Dec 21, 2015
xest:
tithes is not mandatory but voluntarily, the so called pastors also deceive ppl with malachi 3. Tithe is a law n we are no longer living under d law.
tithing started b4 d law. We shouldn't claim d blessings of Abraham if we are not ready to do wat Abraham did. Whether we tithe or not, God loves us but tithing opens us to financial deliverance and breakthrough. God wont send you to hell because you didn't tithe only dat u enjoy more financial breakthrough wen u pay ur tithe. Compare yourself with an individual dat tithes over a period of one year and u earn d same amount of income, you will see dat God honors tithes
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by nogames: 7:50am On Dec 21, 2015
xest:
please read Matthew 23:23B ..." Jesus said ...."you should tithe,yes, but do not neglect more important things" you talk about the Jesus even said I came to fulfill the law, tithing is importance but making heaven is more important
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by xest(m): 7:53am On Dec 21, 2015
abitex577:
@Op, please don't just quote a verse of the scripture and draw up a conclusion, I advise even that particular scripture you should refer to other versions of Bible like New Living Translation, NIV, Message etc and above all ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding. Mathew 11 shows how John the Baptist was put in prision for correcting Herod, and Christ actually testified of the personality of who John was and also reflected how the Kingdom of God is being attacked violently and only the violent/resolute/aggressive christian can make impact (John 11:12). Have asked yourself why on the eve of Christ arrest and crucifixion while he was praying in the garden of Gethsemane, His sweat was like blood? Do you think, someone praying quietly will be sweating and His sweat will be like blood?
Now u r free thinking. If Christ prayed violently it could hv been recorded in d bible. U must nt shout for God to hear u always. Christ said we should pray to our father in secret and he wil reward us openly.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by xest(m): 7:59am On Dec 21, 2015
nogames:
please read Matthew 23:23B ..." Jesus said ...."you should tithe,yes, but do not neglect more important things" you talk about the Jesus even said I came to fulfill the law, tithing is importance but making heaven is more important
but its clear is not mandatory here hope u understand that one. Had it been faithfulness, Justice and mercy brings money pastors will b preaching that everyday in d church. Bros lets b pragmatic here,why are dey always quoting malachi anytime dey want to collect ppls hard earned money? Tithe is outdated,hav u even red d history of tithe? Apostle Paul talked abt freewill given,thats wat replaced tithe bro. If u care I came forward many of my findings abt tithe to u for ur perusal.

1 Like

Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by xest(m): 8:08am On Dec 21, 2015
oyeludef:
tithing started b4 d law. We shouldn't claim d blessings of Abraham if we are not ready to do wat Abraham did. Whether we tithe or not, God loves us but tithing opens us to financial deliverance and breakthrough. God wont send you to hell because you didn't tithe only dat u enjoy more financial breakthrough wen u pay ur tithe. Compare yourself with an individual dat tithes over a period of one year and u earn d same amount of income, you will see dat God honors tithes
thats not true bro. Let me ask u a question, the tithe abraham paid is of what? And after that tithe did they récord anywhere else pointing out that he paid it subsequently? Tithe cannot improve ur financial status stop being deceived by ur pastors. If tithe is not money they wouldn't b preaching it to u. They use it as dere source on income. There are many millionaires,billionaires who doesn't pay tithe and dey prosper. A certain man in Ghana a millionaire was interviewd abt tithe,and hw said he doesnt giv is hard earned money to a man who wil sit doing nothing his money. Tithe is blown out of context by pastors. And dey will answer for it cos in malachi dey always quote that u r robbing God rather they r d ones robbing God. They eat ppls money,use it to buy cars,build houses live luxurious lives brag in d pulpit that they can never b poor. Every street there is church,ask ursef if there is no gain will it b much like that?
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by solreb: 8:39am On Dec 21, 2015
BustScam:

Don't mind those over zealous preachers who are led by entertaining the church...

Who are those who should receive tithes? Levites right? Who are the Levite's? A Tribe in Israel that God didn't give any land sharing right? Is there any Levite today? How come the only place the reference is Malachi 3:10 and it specifically referring to these category he didn't give a land portion to? Also, how come them Paul, Jesus, Peter and all didn't even mention paying tithes or something?

I don't say we shouldn't give o! All I know from the scriptures is giving to thee poor and needy and not some fat bank account men who don't need our money

We need to be careful when interpreting the word of God. Abraham was the first to pay tithes even before the appointment of levites during Moses time - Gen 14:20. Jacpb also did sane - Gen 28:22. Giving tovthe poir has its place and is tithe. My conclusion on every word of God is the reliance on the Holy Spirit. The bible says that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truths - John 16:13. If you are confused about a matter, as a child of God ask the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by oyeludef(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2015
xest:
thats not true bro. Let me ask u a question, the tithe abraham paid is of what? And after that tithe did they récord anywhere else pointing out that he paid it subsequently? Tithe cannot improve ur financial status stop being deceived by ur pastors. If tithe is not money they wouldn't b preaching it to u. They use it as dere source on income. There are many millionaires,billionaires who doesn't pay tithe and dey prosper. A certain man in Ghana a millionaire was interviewd abt tithe,and hw said he doesnt giv is hard earned money to a man who wil sit doing nothing his money. Tithe is blown out of context by pastors. And dey will answer for it cos in malachi dey always quote that u r robbing God rather they r d ones robbing God. They eat ppls money,use it to buy cars,build houses live luxurious lives brag in d pulpit that they can never b poor. Every street there is church,ask ursef if there is no gain will it b much like that?
I won't argue with you but i know wat tithing has done for me. Whoever can receive dis saying, let him receive it.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by jtjohn(m): 9:18am On Dec 21, 2015
Ojestas:
Congrats on your new tecno phantom5

You r asking a favor from God, u r shouting at him. . would u shout on your dad to ask for something or ask gently and politely?? i am sure a father would consider the later.

Well, i am not saying you should not pray aggressively, but not all prayers deserve aggression.

In some churches, if u don't shout, u ain't praying. . WFT !!

As much as i love to pray, i kinda dislike aggressive prayers.

you are very correct
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by Parcks(m): 9:28am On Dec 21, 2015
BustScam:

dear friend, tithe was not meant to be paid to pastors for their upkeep as it has become prevalent in some churches...it's meant to be used by the church for the advancement of God's kingdom. Paying of tithe is a divine obligation to God for the opening of the heavens over our businesses and family,and not to please people or even your pastors as some persons do nowadays.

1 Like

Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by omojeesu(m): 10:11am On Dec 21, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Yes, exactly what it means as the gate is narrow, so you'll have to forcibly push yourself in to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven upon hearing the Good News of the Kingdom of God

Remember that, it was John the Baptist who was announcing ''Repent, repent'', (i.e. Change, change) for the Kingdom of God is near
before Jesus and His disciples came on stage, to finally announce that Kingdom of God has come near to the hearers

Exactly.
As the gate is narrow, you'll have to force your way in, you have no alternative that to force or press your way in,
the Kingdom of Heaven allowed, tolerated, permitted (i.e. suffereth'') these ''the violent'' to enter in this manner

Here is the witness scripture (i.e. Luke 16:16) that not only backs Mathew 11:12 up
but also puts Mathew 11:12 into perspective (i.e. Luke 16:16 makes the gist in Mathew 11:12 clearer)

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence,
and the violent take it by force.

- Mathew 11:12

"Moses' Teachings and the Prophets were [in force] until the time of John.
Since that time, people have been telling the Good News about the kingdom of God,
and everyone is trying to force their way into it

- Luke 16:16

"Until John the Baptist, the law of Moses and the messages of the prophets were your guides.
But now the Good News of the Kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is eager to get in
- Luke 16:16

''Suffereth'' in Mathew 11:12 means tolerated, allowed, permitted
and the ''violence'' in Mathew 11:12 DOES NOT mean behaviour involving physical force with intention to hurt, damage, kill or be destructive
but rather eagerness to push in, to press in etcetera through the ''narrow gate'' in order to gain access into entering the Kingdom of Heaven

Noted. Thanks for education.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by Chicagoesontop: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2015
Abeg, the BIBLE is a very strong book that you can read it on yourself but you can not interpret it for yourself without the help of the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit Interprets It To Different People In Different Ways, All You Need Is To Put Your Own Interpretation To Work To The Glory Of GOD !! So Stop Misquoting , Misunderstanding Or Misinterpreting Pastors Here .....
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by efficiencie(m): 10:23am On Dec 21, 2015
It's a pity how in a bid to discredit a doctrine,we don't understand,we turn and twist scripture maliciously and deceptively to our own destruction (2Peter3:15-16).

Before you critique a view,investigate it to its core.

Why did Moses cry unto the LORD in prayer,in Exodus8:12, for the plague of frogs to be stayed? He should have smiled in prayer abi!?

Why did the Jews perform their oaths of fealty to the LORD with a loud voice in: 2Chronicles15:14-15 and got rest from the LORD and not a rebuke!?

So we should correct Jesus Christ,my LORD,the OP's LORD and Savior for commanding in a loud voice as he did to the corpse of Lazarus in John11:43

If you are a true prayer warrior you'l know that the Holy Ghost inspires styles of prayer as we pray...these styles could range from silence as in case of Hannah in 1Samuel1:13 or a loud voice like the prophet in 1Kings13:2...the rule remains pray as you are led by the Holy Ghost ...and stop breeding discord among the brethren...

1 Like

Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by God2man(m): 10:33am On Dec 21, 2015
Fake Doctrines now on the Front page.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by Yorubago(f): 10:35am On Dec 21, 2015
Good development! Is the OP implying that I can only understand this verse on a tecno Phantom 5 phone> undecided
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by Yorubago(f): 11:17am On Dec 21, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
You would have noticed how and when differently, I deliberately used Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven
e.g. you hear about the Good News of the Kingdom of God etcetera

The Kingdom of God is the rule of God, rule over something, anything, someone, somebody, your heart for instance etcetera
which is why Jesus said the Kingdom of God is within you or us

The Kingdom of Heaven is territorial, extending from Heaven to the end of designated points
(i.e. John the Baptist announcing it's near, to Jesus announcing it's drawn near)

1In those days John the Baptist came to the Judean wilderness and began preaching. His message was,
2“Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.
- Matthew 3:1-2

From that time Jesus began to proclaim and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near!"
- Matthew 4:17

You are correct!
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by xest(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
oyeludef:
I won't argue with you but i know wat tithing has done for me. Whoever can receive dis saying, let him receive it.
Its ur belief bro,u might tag it on tithing. Havnt u seen one who doesnt tithe and prosper? Be open minded abt it.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by oyeludef(m): 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
xest:
Its ur belief bro,u might tag it on tithing. Havnt u seen one who doesnt tithe and prosper? Be open minded abt it.
define prosper?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dami Mike-Bamiloye: Emmanuela Sent Message On Facebook To Me, Now She’s My Wife / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / Reverend Sister's Dance Video Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.