Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) (46949 Views)

VIOLENT. The Kingdom Of Heaven Suffers Violence. The Misinterpretation . / Christians,was The Gospel Account Of Matthew Divinely Inspired? / The Misinterpretation Of The Palm Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by xest(m): 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
oyeludef:
define prosper?
I can give u many definitions of prosper both biblically,logically and naturally. Prosper: is to increase in different areas of ur life, in business,in health, in ur social life, christian life, family circle ,in ur finance. It can also be, in joy,happines, rest of mind and love kindness of God in ones life. Also to b fortunate,successful and thrive to make gain. I can name many. The said millionaire is a philantropist, is a shame i boldly ask a pastor abt d millionaire who doesnt pay tithe and i got a disappointing reply. (that he wil surely pay to d devil) imagine.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by STEVENcrack(m): 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Bro, if you are honest and sincere with yourself, you will know and admit that 1 Corinthians 16:2 has nothing whatsoever to do with tithe stuff

As a matter of fact bro, if you are seriously honest and sincere with yourself,
you will know and admit that 1 Corinthians 16:2 is about a collection for the saints (i.e. collection for believers)

1 Corinthians 16:2 was a request made by Paul to the Corinthians,
that at the first day of the week (i.e. Sunday) they should in proportion to what they have, weekly lay aside something from their surplus,
and save it in the house until when he next turns up to pick it up,
all this so no collection bowl will have to be passed around for the benefit of the saints when he comes visiting

Tithing is like the law of gravity, it will always bring one down
but if operating on a higher law, like the law of Aerodynamics, you will soar

The tithe giver is operating under the Law and would always be pinned down by the law,
the cheerful cheerful is operating with Grace and would always soar in the air with grace

You can rendered that ''my conscience always prick me whenever I miss out on remitting my tithes'' inoperative
by being mindful of 2 Corinthians 9:7

''You must each decide in your heart how much to give.
And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure.
"For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.''

- 2 Corinthians 9:7

and if you want to do religion, then James 1:27 is the kind of religion God approves

Thanks a lot bro...made lots of sense. I would still pay 10% of my earning but not in the name of tithes now.

In btw, where do u fellowship bro.
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by bodee(m): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
executivegej:
Instead of violence in that verse use 'pressing' or 'energetically seeking'.
One problem with that translation.

Believers must work hard to enter God's kingdom as though walking on narrow or cramped road. Persistence and endurance and self-sacrifice required. Matt 7:7, 8, 13, 14.

In summary, it will not be an easy task to enter into it. Forget anything about violence.
noted Sir
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by Idoko619(m): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
Funpeter:
Brother of life.......
Remember when christ was praying at gesemanee pardon the spelling please, the Bible says His sweat where like blood. Am just curious can someone be praying jeleke prayer on top of the mountain where you have free wind and be sweating?
Note: Have never taught of this before on seeing this topic thats what came to my mind.

I believe u vehemently refuse to acknowledge the situation Jesus was at dat point in time... We all know it was at his point of been killed... Who r we mortals to compare ourselves wt mighty man in battle... He even went to d point of giving us a guild line to pray so as nt to derail wen he gave dem d LORDS PRAYER
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by femisek(m): 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
kindly inform the house your source of interpretation of the bible verse when you study the word of God you get indept interpretation through the holy spirit. It does not mean others are wrong God showed himself as LORD to Moses but other names to other prophets before him A verse in the bible can reveal 10 different points to an individual or one each for 10 different people Jesus is lord
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by Funpeter: 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
Idoko619:

I believe u vehemently refuse to acknowledge the situation Jesus was at dat point in time... We all know it was at his point of been killed... Who r we mortals to compare ourselves wt mighty man in battle... He even went to d point of giving us a guild line to pray so as nt to derail wen he gave dem d LORDS PRAYER
Alright sire......
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by damilarelr(m): 10:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Didn't get to comment on this on time.

@BustScam, what is your perspective about the migration from Law to Grace as being learnt in some churches today?
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by BustScam: 9:45am On Dec 23, 2015
damilarelr:
Didn't get to comment on this on time.

@BustScam, what is your perspective about the migration from Law to Grace as being learnt in some churches today?

That is our reality Sire! We have been bought with a price therefore we have moved from being under the law but under Grace
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by damilarelr(m): 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
BustScam:

That is our reality Sire! We have been bought with a price therefore we have moved from being under the law but under Grace

What if I tell you that the violent pressing into the Kingdom of heaven is a forceful shift from being under Law to being under Grace when Jesus had not yet died?
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by damilarelr(m): 5:18am On Jan 03, 2016
BustScam:

Happy new year.
@Bustscam
Re: The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) by BustScam: 10:13am On Jan 04, 2016
damilarelr:

Happy new year.
@Bustscam

Same to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / Dami Mike-Bamiloye: Emmanuela Sent Message On Facebook To Me, Now She’s My Wife / Reverend Sister's Dance Video Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.