Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,493 members, 7,836,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? (1527 Views)

Nigerian Girls Mentality That Should Be Abolished - See Pictures / Should Bride Price Be Abolished? / How Much Should Bride Price Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by kinibigdeal(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
The discussion i had with a friend of mine brought about this question "should bride price be abolished"? Many have canceled their proposal not because they dont love their partner but because of several unwarrant obligations from the so call inlaw. In the case of my friend, is inlaws from a state in the East asked him to build a house for them as part of the obligations included in a two page list given to me. Now the guy's family is backing out..in your own opinion should pride price be abolished.
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 20, 2015
No. It's a beautiful part of culture. I personally don't like it nor would I ask my fiancé to pay any sort of bride price but I like its cultural background.
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
Kedu ife ina-akodi.
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by McCarlito(m): 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
According to the Bible; Bride-Price paying was only considered when the lady to be married is a virgin....
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by vizkiz: 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
your opinion is worthless when it comes to this matter op undecided
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by MzPecs(f): 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
No!

Shey na buhari wan abolish am? grin
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by kinibigdeal(m): 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:
No. It's a beautiful part of culture. I personally don't like it nor would I ask my fiancé to pay any sort of bride price.

But the culture have killed several bright relationship. Ow about if the man cannot meet the condition, what next?
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by iceberylin(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
So you wan marry chick weh school for Harvard free... grin
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
kinibigdeal:

But the culture have killed several bright relationship. Ow about if the man cannot meet the condition, what next?

I'm sure you'd be able to compromise.
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by benedictnsi(m): 5:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
For wetin na...... You think say all girls na FREE DRINK
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
Sme bride's parent out of deir freewill nau tell d groom not to pay any brideprice. Maybe so dt it wunt seems lyk der r selling der daughter off
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by kinibigdeal(m): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
Compromise Not sure about that
YourMain:

I'm sure you'd be able to compromise.
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
MzPecs:
No!

Shey na buhari wan abolish am? grin
it should be. We tired of selling out sisters out
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by DeanOlamide(m): 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ask the bible.... your answers are all there....

Even God recognises the essence of a bribe price before taking a wife...

The question should be, should white wedding be abolished?

For bride price, sorry that makes u go against what the bible lay down....

Exodus 22:16-17...... genesis 34:12..... there are lay down rules and it must be followed.... paying your bride attracts spiritual blessings to u as a woman, increases your pride in the society and raise u to the standard you are to be among Godly women......

Bride price can only be abolished by u alone, just allow a man sleep with u, build a home without blessing from those necessary to bless you and watch how miserable marriage can be for such a person....

Bride price has come to stay my dear... shallom
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Compromise Not sure about that

if there's no compromise then you have to move on and settle with family who don't demand large bride prices, i have seen it happen, the guy was no longer interested and after a year he re-married by that time, the family was begging him back after some moderation on the price.
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
I concur. It should be abolished.

Marriage is a union of two people in love not a business transaction between a man and his in laws for Christ sake.
Re: Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by kinibigdeal(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
Oh man! Not me...its a friend

pcguru1:

if there's no compromise then you have to move on and settle with family who don't demand large bride prices, i have seen it happen, the guy was no longer interested and after a year he re-married by that time, the family was begging him back after some moderation on the price.

(1) (Reply)

That Moment When You Receive A Strong Beating From Your Opponent -pix / Rape: 19-yr-old Housemaid Arrested For Defiling Employer's 14-yr-old Son / 13 Signs That Show A Guy Will Eventually Become An Irresponsible Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.