Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? (12914 Views)

My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres / Nigeria Starts 48-Hour Visa Issuance At New York Consulate / Urgent....direction To US Consulate Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by olisasegun(m): 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
Thanks so much

gentleiphy:

I know this is an old story but some reading now can still pick some few things from my contribution.Sorry for the visa denial Doctor...i appreciate the fact you took your time to write them a mail to register your dissatisfaction with the reason given for your visa denial and the auto response you got too which is the usual response to everybody that has been denied and wrote them.I want to also say that our Doctor here has the right to express his anger and also do the US visa officers has right to deny and approve visa to whoever they want to...like some one rightly said..visa approval is not a right..any country can decide on who enters and leave their country especially if you are from the third world country you are seen as a potential run away regardless of your earning or income bracket after all okonjo iweala dem and chimanda adichies are all resident in the US because the US offers more than 200% what Nigeria can never offer in any time soon..

I also want to say here that there is nothing wrong with the Doctors non travel history..i have always told people that in Nigeria .US visa officers approve or deny visa based on their mood and not about any ties or not or travel history..personal experience...my cousin who graduated from school after service no job for 2yrs decided to give a trial to US embassy for visa...he has never crossed cotonou and therefore does not even have a passport..he got his passport 4 months prior to attending his visa interview...he was single and a young boy...three things here...no job..not married...never traveled before and no intention of coming back if granted visa..what happened,,he was given 2yrs visa and that ended the story..the rest is history as he has his green card now.

Now on my own personal experience,i worked with the Maritime,i earn a high income,i have traveled to 13 European countries,4 Asian,3 south american,middle east and around Africa both for work,vacations and world cups and nation cups..3 months after returning from Germany,i had a conference to attend in New York,i paid for my conference got all application for visa sent and went for interview...female VO picked my two passports leafed through all the pages saw all valid visas and travel dates and asked me i was in Germany last 3 months i said yes,she asked for the purpose i told her for work,she said she noticed i have traveled to so many countries and for what,i told her for work,vacation with my family and for sports events...she asked further if i have family i said yes..she smiled and said..sorry you are not qualified to enter the US..i smiled thanked her and left without anger because i know she has right to deny and approve my application...it saved me flight cost and accomodation as i got refund for the conference though...as that time i went for that interview my Canada PR application was almost through as i had done my medicals...so i never gave the denial a thought..

Fast forward to me arriving Canada with my family and after 5 months i went back to the US embassy here in Canada,now i was not asked questions about anything,i was only asked my status in canada and where i wanted to visit on a tourism..i mentioned,the vo laughed and started suggesting to me other places in the US i can visit to have quality time...she even told me i was denied visa back in Nigeria some months and i said yes and she said that wont be anymore..i was given 10yrs visa.

The point is applying for US visa from a 3rd world country is just a matter of VO mood as we all are seen as potential run aways..so Doctor dont see the denial as anything whether you met with the ties they so much talk about or not..if you still want to go for your conference wait a bit and apply again...a happy visa officer may be your interviewer and you will get your visa...i have seen people who got visa just because it was the VO birthday and she was so excited and happy reminding every applicant on her window it was her birthday..

So please apply again when you are ready.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals / Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index / Lagos State: The Pride Of The South West..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.