Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) - Phones (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) (79890 Views)

My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W / Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 / HOT! New Method To Get Unlimited Calls On Mtn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Youngsage: 11:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
queenfav:
thanks baba..seen d pic,the camera is very ok for the price of the device..The powersaving mode is perfect for me,I hate bright lights in phones,maybe because of constant reading of ebooks.I appreciate u taking out time to review the phone.Can't wait for mine to be delivered.
Hello... Considering getting this device. Is it true this phone comes with 3 extra battery covers in the box?! shocked
Pls when yours gets delivered, kindly clarify. And for how much did you order it also? Thank you. cc olayinkajnr
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 4:55am On Feb 02, 2016
Youngsage:

Hello... Considering getting this device. Is it true this phone comes with 3 extra battery covers in the box?! shocked
Pls when yours gets delivered, kindly clarify. And for how much did you order it also? Thank you. cc olayinkajnr
from d reviews and unboxing pictures.I can say it indeed comes with 3 extra plastic covers.It was even specifed on konga.com.I ordered it for 20,900(including delivery).I used konga pay and got 5 percent discount.If you want to pay on delivery its 22k,but if u have kongapay its 20,900,with buyer protection ie
They would instantly refund you if your order does not arrive, is damaged, or is substantially different from what was described.

1 Like

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 6:06am On Feb 02, 2016
Youngsage:

Queenfav have answered your question. Mine came with a white, red and blue cover plus a plastic pouch. Added to it, I purchased a surge powerbank for 3k and no worries about phone getting low.

1 Like

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by IkennaBasilJR(m): 6:53am On Feb 02, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Queenfav have answered your question. Mine came with a white, red and blue cover plus a plastic pouch. Added to it, I purchased a surge powerbank for 3k and no worries about phone getting low.
Ola you have settled for p5w? The chipset is sharp hope it does not lag like m3mini?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 8:35am On Feb 02, 2016
IkennaBasilJR:
Ola you have settled for p5w? The chipset is sharp hope it does not lag like m3mini?

Yeah, it doesn't.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Youngsage: 10:35am On Feb 02, 2016
queenfav:
from d reviews and unboxing pictures.I can say it indeed comes with 3 extra plastic covers.It was even specifed on konga.com.I ordered it for 20,900(including delivery).I used konga pay and got 5 percent discount.If you want to pay on delivery its 22k,but if u have kongapay its 20,900,with buyer protection ie
They would instantly refund you if your order does not arrive, is damaged, or is substantially different from what was described.

Wow! That's really nice. cheesy
I really appreciate your responses. Thanks. grin
olayinkajnr:

smiley
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hallaaaaa...my phone has arrived.I placed the order 1pm yesterday,konga delivered to my office by past 4pm today.Thumbs up to konga,they never cease to impress me.What can I say?It was love at first sight.The ui is cool,very fast and responsive.Many apps were preinstalled on it eg ucbrowser,2go and some others.I just did a quick tour before turning it off to charge later.
Upon opening the box,I got 2 extra covers (blue and gold),Plus the black I ordered for.The black colour is a finger print magnet..infact,mtn should use it for sim registration.But it can be solved by using the transparent pouch that came with it.I looove the gold,it gives it this premium look.that would be my go-to color for now.
Other accesories include :earphones,charger,usb cord,screen protector,(with cleaning cloth) and transparent pouch.Further review would come by tomorrow when its fully charged.
The device looks very sleek,lightweight and thin.The screen resolution is very sharp and not laggy.If not for gionee logo on it,with d gold cover it could be mistaken for an iphone 6.I can't wait to start rocking it jare.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 7:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
queenfav:
Hallaaaaa...my phone has arrived.I placed the order 1pm yesterday,konga delivered to my office by past 4pm today.Thumbs up to konga,they never cease to impress me.What can I say?It was love at first sight.The ui is cool,very fast and responsive.Many apps were preinstalled on it eg ucbrowser,2go and some others.I just did a quick tour before turning it off to charge later.
Upon opening the box,I got 2 extra covers (blue and gold),Plus the black I ordered for.The black colour is a finger print magnet..infact,mtn should use it for sim registration.But it can be solved by using the transparent pouch that came with it.I looove the gold,it gives it this premium look.that would be my go-to color for now.
Other accesories include :earphones,charger,usb cord,screen protector,(with cleaning cloth) and transparent pouch.Further review would come by tomorrow when its fully charged.
The device looks very sleek,lightweight and thin.The screen resolution is very sharp and not laggy.If not for gionee logo on it,with d gold cover it could be mistaken for an iphone 6.I can't wait to start rocking it jare.

Keep on rocking. You might wanna get a tempered glass for it... It's super cool
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Na true..but I am very careful with phones..I have never had a broken phone screen in all my years of using phones.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by tivta(m): 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
queenfav:
Na true..but I am very careful with phones..I have never had a broken phone screen in all my years of using phones.
Same with me, in fact if you see my two year old phone you would think I bought it last month...
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by luxmandy15: 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Leorichy: 10:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
queenfav:

whaoo,that's cool missus,pls gimme the konga link!
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 5:42am On Feb 03, 2016
Leorichy,pls check the konga daily deals section.That's where I ordered from.@olayinkajnr,how did u tweak urs to use glo bis.Cos mobileuncletools isn't working o..Abi I shud try d mtk engineering tools?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 9:34am On Feb 03, 2016
queenfav:
Leorichy,pls check the konga daily deals section.That's where I ordered from.@olayinkajnr,how did u tweak urs to use glo bis.Cos mobileuncletools isn't working o..Abi I shud try d mtk engineering tools?

Yeah, use mtk engineering tools. That's what I used
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 9:38am On Feb 03, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Yeah, use mtk engineering tools. That's what I used
ok thanks...wil download that on my tab now.Please o..konga has taken d phone ad down o.My aunt and a colleague wants to buy,I have searched for it,to no avail!Please help me check too o,maybe I am doing sth wrong.Phone I bought 2 days back go just disappear from konga site?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 10:25am On Feb 03, 2016
queenfav:
ok thanks...wil download that on my tab now.Please o..konga has taken d phone ad down o.My aunt and a colleague wants to buy,I have searched for it,to no avail!Please help me check too o,maybe I am doing sth wrong.Phone I bought 2 days back go just disappear from konga site?

Why not check kulimart
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 11:24am On Feb 03, 2016
queenfav:

Welcome to P5W (Splus mini).... wink
The phone on paper is 158g, However its feels so light and sleek.... cool
I change to the Second Cover Red last week people were like "Wow you got a new phone? shocked"
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 11:32am On Feb 03, 2016
olayinkajnr:

How Much for the Tempered glass? Where to get it.. I want to try it, However 1 month plus my screen guard still Shinning..
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dam5reey:

How Much for the Tempered glass? Where to get it.. I want to try it, However 1 month plus my screen guard still Shinning..

#500, go to any phone outlet
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Youngsage: 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
queenfav:
Other accesories include :earphones,charger,usb cord,screen protector,(with cleaning cloth) and transparent pouch. Further review would come by tomorrow when its fully charged.

Wow... That was really fast. Good job Konga. This comment of yours though!! Can't wait to get mine tongue cheesy

@Bolded, waiting patiently ma'am. Hope you'll include pictures o! hehehe. Will love to see that gold cover.

Eerm... Is it possible to select the colours for the extra covers??
I like black and red and gold tongue grin
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dam5reey:

Welcome to P5W (Splus mini).... wink
The phone on paper is 158g, However its feels so light and sleek.... cool
I change to the Second Cover Red last week people were like "Wow you got a new phone? shocked"
my brother,na really splus mini o...Our secretary said the phone is a steal for the price point. and the battery is OK it doesn't drain so fast.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
@youngsage,u can't pick d colours o..I have been busy all day,would have uploaded the pics and further review. See, its better experienced than explained,just get the phone if u want to..If I start to rave abt how awesome the phone is,naira landers would say I am a gionee staff.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by NONNYG: 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
queen, plz drop ur review, forget abt wat nairalanders will say. also we need the pics too. thanks
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Functionoftime(m): 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
queenfav:
@youngsage,u can't pick d colours o..I have been busy all day,would have uploaded the pics and further review. See, its better experienced than explained,just get the phone if u want to..If I start to rave abt how awesome the phone is,naira landers would say I am a gionee staff.
madam.... You dey tempt me oooo. E be like say i no go wait for m5mini again o
Can i buy an extra battery because the ba3 seems to be the only thing about this phone discouraging me
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
So much free ram, without root... Multitasking cool... Not bad for a 1gb ram.

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
Functionoftime:

Can i buy an extra battery because the ba3 seems to be the only thing about this phone discouraging me
don't be tempted o,get a good power bank instead.Iplan to get either lumsing or xaiomi.Though dey r xpensive,but worth d investment.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by IkennaBasilJR(m): 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
Functionoftime:

Same with me. It's hard to come from 4000mah to 2000mah
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 5:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
NONNYG:
queen, plz drop ur review, forget abt wat nairalanders will say. also we need the pics too. thanks
maybe weekend o.I Have cases to prepare for throughout d week.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
IkennaBasilJR:
Same with me. It's hard to come from 4000mah to 2000mah
my cubetalk 9xbtaught me not to look at d numbers.That tab real capacity na like 5000mah,not 10000 listed.Every minute,you lose one percent when browsing with d cubetalk 9x.So far,i hvnt experienced that on this phone,which is ok because experts say the li-on battery works at its best after 3 charge cycles.My lumia 520 i used years back had a very crappy battery life d first 2 days.I even took it back to the plaza thinking it was bad,that was when a nokia engineer told me the battery life wud improve after 3 charge cycles.Truly,it actually improved after a week. from that,i feel this gionee p5w phone has good battery and ram optimization mechanisms in place.It was fully charged by past 1,i still have 40% left.i have been pressing it constantly setting up apps making whatsapp calls with 3g,browsing and listening to music.It seems ok to me sha.It depends on ur usage.I dont have battery draining heavy games on it eg candy crush.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
Just got this phone today, very sleek and nice.. Beautiful also but am having problems connecting my etisalat to browse.. Any help??
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Youngsage: 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
queenfav:
@young.sage,u can't pick d colours o..I have been busy all day,would have uploaded the pics and further review. See, its better experienced than explained,just get the phone if u want to..If I start to rave abt how awesome the phone is,naira landers would say I am a gionee staff.

Lol sure I wanna.. And I'll also be a partaker of this awesome 'experience' by this weekend, hopefully. grin

Pls do take your time, whenever you're less busy, drop your review like a bomb. Let those tecn:x fans...them call you gionee staff now its their business lol in fact you might just get yourself an endorsement!
grin grin #waitingpatiently
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
One thing I like about the phone is the Amazing facts it post on the lockscreen... Really cool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply)

LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator / When You Use French Flag As Facebook Profile Pic (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.