Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens (28669 Views)

FG Orders ‘Eat, Drink Nigeria’ At State Functions / FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport / FG Orders Issuance Of 'SIN' To Nigerian Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Mcowubaba: 9:59am On Dec 22, 2015
kolomax:
French man indeed
:-D by the way it's not
nous sommes dans le temps de la fin
It's nous sommes dans la fin du temps no need to thank me
Niggar for real..f+ck off
Did I say I'm a french man?
Don't u understand what an expression is ?
Which kan busy body be dis 1 shocked
Buhari abeg start to pay that 5K ooo, dis old Frenchman needs it...

Proverbs 26:4
New International Version
"Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you
yourself will be just like him".
Sowi, I don't wanna be like u..so I'm done here..

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by elampiro(m): 10:06am On Dec 22, 2015
madridguy:
Good to know we Nigerian will have a number similarly to the US Social Security Number SSN. Good development and I hope one Dasuki will not come and loot the process.

Is social security number linked to ones biometric data with all ones bank accounts mandatorily linked it?

What's the National ID card for?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Bevista: 10:07am On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

Nonsense and ingredients, as Chief Zebrudaya would say. What da heck do they need another unique identification number for?? shocked Most Nigerians already have a National Identity Card, a BVN and a Voter's card. Some also have the new Drivers' License, to boot. Each of these forms of identification, carry a unique set of numbers peculiar to an individual. All they need to do is link all these numbers directly to each individual, using that individual's National ID Card number, as a unique marker! So what dirty set of certain benefits are they going to provide, that they cannot use the National ID Card number to do? shocked

They do not need another set of numbers to identify anybody. Why can't people think properly in this country? Sheesh! angry
Isn't that exactly what the government has directed all these agencies to do? My understanding of the article is that these agencies are to aggregate these numbers into a single Identity.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2015
okenwa:
Gradually, the 666 number will be revealed, it may not be now but less than 50 yrs from now if Jesus Tarries,
Believers in Christ should be aware of this please. >:
(
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by tefund(m): 10:13am On Dec 22, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:
ermmm... bet ur lineage won't be 100th of what he is. Deal with it. grin
all he got was it by his power or special intelligence?just pure luck dude

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by highlandah5: 10:17am On Dec 22, 2015
shebi na number we go chop?
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Tequilah: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2015
elampiro:
Is social security number linked to ones biometric data with all ones bank accounts mandatorily linked it?

God bless you!! I beg, help me ask dem! Some people think the National ID Card is a mere decoration. Yet, it carries your name, photograph, a unique set of numbers and even the name of your local govt area, o!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:20am On Dec 22, 2015
tefund:
all he got was it by his power or special intelligence?just pure luck dude
it doesn't change anything. There is something we call "GRACE". Go ask for for yours, and u'll see how life's journey will be easy and effortless. Don't hate on someone's. wink
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Jesusloveyou: 10:20am On Dec 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
Good one bro , why would any Government take her citizen's biometrics to issue ordinary identification number ?
People can decide to submit their identity to Governments scrutiny but myself will not participate in this thing.

It might be for the greater good but what happens if a tyrannical govt. takes over governance and decide to use it to silence every form of agitation thereby gagging the entire society ? Our Government should do what is obtainable internationally and not this biometrics I cannot trust any Government to have 100% information about my activities and my whereabouts. This will lead to tyranny and repression.
people like u is d problem of nigeria, u are d terrorist we are looking for, people like u may carry bomb, without knowing u wil be dangerous, u said u don't want d govt to know his citizens, then be ready to deport urself,

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Jesusloveyou: 10:26am On Dec 22, 2015
elampiro:

u wil be issue one master card for all ur transaction

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 22, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
It bothers me that Nigeria takes the biometrics of its citizens to issue them identification numbers, we don't do that out here--- and neither does any country that I know of in the developed world; United States,U.K, Canada and Australia inclusive--- because we know the danger inherent. Only immigrants are required to be registered in that manner. Nigeria needs to shore up its Vitals Statics on how it collates and registers Births, Marriages and Deaths so that the next generation of Nigerians will not be subjected to this program.
They may not but they do have social security number/National Insurance

In some countries like Belgium you get an ID number once you click 16 (not quite sure). It is not uncommon to have a national ID card+passport.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2015
good idea. all these numbers, bvn, national ID card, PVC, driver's license and so on should be harmonized into one.(easy to remember and easy for the govt. to track)

care should be taken not to issue resident aliens with national numbers.

before long the issues of Cameroonians and Ghanians having national ID card and carrying Nigerian passports should be a thing of the past.

if only the various 774 local governments were working as they ought, then this project could have been coordinated through that channel.

for those shouting 666 and one world government, you are simply hilarious. if it has been predicted so in the Bible, what's the point getting hysterical. when registration starts you can opt out I guess. maybe you will be lucky enough to be deported to the Congo.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by epitomeofgrace: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2015
pls note this, if have registered for the new national id card and was issued a slip containing NIN , you dont need to registered again. Most of us have the number aready but re not aware. NIN is National Identification Number. For those who have registered and have the number be patient for the card. The most important thing in the excercise is the number. Infact u will not see the number in the card.

ONE LOVE.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Arise001: 10:29am On Dec 22, 2015
Another means of squandering our money I guess. What happened to our National Identification Number cards. Was it cancelled? Or the person responsible is no longer in power abi?
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Kenchukky(m): 10:30am On Dec 22, 2015
chesterlee:
We are yet to receive the National ID we registered since last year

Now this?
Blame the last administration. grin#LetsBlameGEJ
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Folksyharry(m): 10:30am On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

Nonsense and ingredients, as Chief Zebrudaya would say. What da heck do they need another unique identification number for?? shocked Most Nigerians already have a National Identity Card, a BVN and a Voter's card. Some also have the new Drivers' License, to boot. Each of these forms of identification, carry a unique set of numbers peculiar to an individual. All they need to do is link all these numbers directly to each individual, using that individual's National ID Card number, as a unique marker! So what dirty set of certain benefits are they going to provide, that they cannot use the National ID Card number to do? shocked

They do not need another set of numbers to identify anybody. Why can't people think properly in this country? Sheesh! angry
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 22, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:
it doesn't change anything. There is something we call "GRACE". Go ask for for yours, and u'll see how life's journey will be easy and effortless. Don't hate on someone's. wink

if there is any justice left in this world, then your hero should end up in jail sooner than later.

before you respond or quote me unnecessarily, put yourself in the shoes of the wives or daughters of the soldiers who were murdered by boko harm on the battle field because the money that would have bought them bulletproof vests and good weapons was distributed for looting by your mentor.

ponder on that will you?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by madridguy(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2015
Social Security number is issued to an individual by the Social Security Administration which its primary purpose is to track individuals for Social Security purposes.

The BVN " Bank Verification Number " is a measure to monitor and trace every financial transaction which is equivalent to routine number in the US.

The National ID card will serve as a means of identification as you can tender this to any security agents within and outside Nigeria for your identification and its can also be use for other official process.

My observation.

elampiro:

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Tequilah: 10:41am On Dec 22, 2015
epitomeofgrace:
pls note this, if have registered for the new national id card and was issued a slip containing NIN , you dont need to registered again. Most of us have the number aready but re not aware. NIN is National Identification Number. For those who have registered and have the number be patient for the card. The most important thing in the excercise is the number. Infact u will not see the number in the card.

ONE LOVE.

Ehn?? My own National ID Card carries an identification number, o! Am not sure if it is the same as the one on the slip, (as the slip don lost tay-tay), but it still has a number at the back!
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 22, 2015
DikSin:
Gej won't think of this... Useless drunkard shocked
mumufoolishfool.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:45am On Dec 22, 2015
Ioannes:

if there is any justice left in this world, then your hero should end up in jail sooner than later.

before you respond or quote me unnecessarily, put yourself in the shoes of the wives or daughters of the soldiers who were murdered by boko harm on the battle field because the money that would have bought them bulletproof vests and good weapons was distributed for looting by your mentor.

ponder on that will you?
you are getting tad emotional here. He stole or you think he stole? We have institutions laid down for that. There are comeuppance and punitive for thieves in the constitution. Pls go ahead and sue him with evidences. And while at it, pls make sure you sue ALL other politician that have ever stolen; starting with Buhari, amaechi, tinubu, fashola etc just to name a few. Thanks
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by DikSin(m): 10:46am On Dec 22, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:

The bolded shows how GEJ has really imacted your life and that of your family.

Please I beg you in the name of God, stop playing Naira BET before you start seeing every word that has "B" & "T" in it as "BET". Oloshi. Oniranu onidirunrun grin

Now, back to your prayer: I'll say a very big AMEN to that.

You know why undecided

My parents and great grand parents... They've prayed and work so hard for God NeVer to let anyone from their linage to be like GEJ... Just in case you don't know: GEJ is n ogbanje that once lived back in the days of old... He's been around and will continue to be. He is all the failed character/personality you always hear of/about in all the holy books combined.

From Nabal to the recently Guiness crowned "most Unfortunate person to ever lived". They all can be traced to no other place than Otueke, the compound of GEJ, see undecided

I will never amount to even 1000 of that useless buffoon called gej, tufiakwah! *spits*

Now, dear God please bless me the way you've blessed the following great individuals, even more than they are worth today:

Baba Buhari (useful in the 80s and Thousands) cheesy deal with that tongue

Obasanjo (useful in the 80s, 90s till now) tongue

Jagaban Tinubu (Slayer of your hero and his party) (Useful in the 90s, today and till kingdom come) cheesy

Fashola (Never to be forgotten for Good in Lagos and Nigeria at large)

I'll stop here before you commit suicide and run away grin
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by 2goodbobo(m): 10:48am On Dec 22, 2015
nous sommes dans le temps de la fin
[/quote]

Oui nous sommes
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by elampiro(m): 10:48am On Dec 22, 2015
madridguy:
Social Security number is issued to an individual by the Social Security Administration which its primary purpose is to track individuals for Social Security purposes.

The BVN " Bank Verification Number " is a measure to monitor and trace every financial transaction which is equivalent to routine number in the US.

The National ID card will serve as a means of identification as you can tender this to any security agents within and outside Nigeria for your identification and its can also be use for other official process.

My observation.

Routine number is not the same as BVN. Routine number can best pass as CBN Nuban number in Nigeria for ease of transfer of fund among bank accounts.

Moreover I doubt if all data in USA are consolidated into one number with citizens biometric number as base.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:53am On Dec 22, 2015
DikSin:

The bolded shows how GEJ has really imacted your life and that of your family.

Please I beg you in the name of God, stop playing Naira BET before you start seeing every word that has "B" & "T" in it as "BET". Oloshi. Oniranu onidirunrun grin

Now, back to your prayer: I'll say a very big AMEN to that.

You know why undecided

My parents and great grand parents... They've prayed and work so hard for God NeVer to let anyone from their linage to be like GEJ... Just in case you don't know: GEJ is n ogbanje that once lived back in the days of old... He's been around and will continue to be. He is all the failed character/personality you always hear of/about in all the holy books combined.

From Nabal to the recently Guiness crowned "most Unfortunate person to ever lived". They all can be traced to no other place than Otueke, the compound of GEJ, see undecided

I will never amount to even 1000 of that useless buffoon called gej, tufiakwah! *spits*

Now, dear God please bless me the way you've blessed the following great individuals, even more than they are worth today:

Baba Buhari (useful in the 80s and Thousands) cheesy deal with that tongue

Obasanjo (useful in the 80s, 90s till now) tongue

Jagaban Tinubu (Slayer of your hero and his party) (Useful in the 90s, today and till kingdom come) cheesy

Fashola etc
loool. So you wrote this long gibberish just to say nonsense still? angry. How mad can you be? Did you re-read the nonsense you wrote? And your poo+air-filled brain couldn't decipher that "bet" was just being colloquial, as in I have to come down to ur level. Loool. Keep hating on someone your lineage both past, present and future can't clean his shoes. Kikiki. Meanwhile, you don chop? grin .bring it on son kiss kiss
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by DikSin(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2015
shadowgwalker:
mumufoolishfool.
You're not far away from getting mad. If insulting gej will get you there faster, I promise to carry on till I see you carry dirty dreads bi!tching around the streets. Oloshi! Idiot shocked

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by epitomeofgrace: 10:59am On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

Ehn?? My own National ID Card carries an identification number, o! Am not sure if it is the same as the one on the slip, (as the slip don lost tay-tay), but it still has a number at the back!

Am talking about the new registration not the old one. It started 2013. i have the slip and the new card. The new card comes with a chip so the number is in the chip not visible. You can only see it on the slip.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by udeh3(m): 10:59am On Dec 22, 2015
DikSin:
Gej won't think of this... Useless drunkard shocked

But he thought of BVN and Permanent Voter Card... Who is now the drunkard here?
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by lookingfly: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2015
signz:
666 undecided undecided undecided
....You won't believe that I was thinking same way just yesterday about this government where everything is being unified now e.g one federal government account. Just hope not.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by DelGardo: 11:18am On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

Nah... you are the one that needs to think deeply. sad Did you see the word 'everybody' in any part of my post? Let them use the numbers on the National ID Card as a unique identifier. What else do they need another new set of unique identification numbers for?? shocked Why do we like wasting money, time and resources in this country to duplicate efforts and run around in circles?? Chai!

Finally, nobody hates PMB, as there was nothing about PMB in my post. So please swerve, and go and get some sense! angry

You have been jumping up and down this thread exposing your frustration with good news.

- Did they say issue a new card?
- Will this directive stop them from agreeing on the use of National ID card number that you have suggested?
- If they do not make an effort to bring it all together how can all the different entities or parastatals collaborate to decide which of the numbers that should be adopted?
- Will this not stop periodic biometric registration exercises and support a common platform?

Most people have asked for a harmonized way of registering Nigerians as well as a single repository/database, to stop government agencies from coming up with different confusing schemes to line their pockets. Now the move is underway and you are complaining.

Ndi mmadu sef...
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by kayjasper(f): 11:20am On Dec 22, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:

Lol.

Thats a prayer i will gladly say a big A-M-E-N to!!

Who wants any of their generation to have any trait like "Dull-Luck" Jonathan?

You maybe? Lol

tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Melaye Threatens To Beat James Manager - Sahara Reporters / Tinubu Appoints Temitope Ilori As First Female DG Of NACA, Relocates Agency / El-Rufai's Tweet About Fuel Scarcity In 2014 (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.