Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG (8465 Views)

Francis Mgboh, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Writes Orji Uzor Kalu For His Negotiation / Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Weeps In Court After IPOB Leader Was Granted Bail. Photos / Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:20am On Dec 22, 2015
See excerpt from the interview he granted the Sun Newspapers.

Many Igbo leaders are interested in wading into the matter and possibly brokering  peace in this  standoff, is your client opposed to this?

My client is not averse to peace. Remember that his strategy is that of non-violence. Non-violence is synonymous to peace. Personally, I have also preached peaceful settlement of this issue to well-meaning Nigerians.

As a result, if Igbo leaders are interested in taking part in the peace process, I want to assure you that my client will support it, but it has to be an intervention that must be bona fide and predicated on utmost trust and sincerity on their part. This preliminary peace process will be to lay a foundation for the bigger/comprehensive dialogue upon the release of my client.

To me, no meaningful and enduring dialogue takes place while he is still incarcerated because you cannot negotiate with a man in chains. He must be released first. Prominent Igbo leaders as Chief Chekwas Okorie, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu, Archbishop Emmanuel Chukwuma, Senator Ike Ekweremadu and others too numerous to mention, for want of space, have joined the clarion call for the release of my client. Other prominent Nigerians such as Bishop Mathew Hassan Kukah, Prof. Wale Soyinka, Alhaji Balarabe Musa have also advised that the Federal Government should toe the path of dialogue to avoid the matter getting out of hand. As for me, I will enjoin the government to play according to the rule of law and at best adopt alternative dispute strategy in the interest of Nigerians.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/nnamdi-kanu-counsel-blows-hot-over-his-continued-detention/

2 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:20am On Dec 22, 2015
But we the "Zoogerians" are not ready for that! The Treason Charges Must Run its course grin

Ndi ara!!

Ask gani Adams, Uwazuruike, Asari Dokuba et al, what they passed thru fighting a Legitimate government.

Nnamudi, Rest in Peace inside Jail!

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by gists: 11:22am On Dec 22, 2015
grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 22, 2015
very commendable

1 Like

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by EternalTruths: 11:24am On Dec 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
grin

If you believe so, release him and watch more hurtful truth he will unleash against Nigeria.

When he returns back on air , then you will see the other facts concealed to hurt Nigeria the most cool

3 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2015
The Op manipulated the title to give himself orgasms. There is nowhere in the write up that he said "My client is NOW open to peace and dialouge."

This makes it look like the lawyer is now begging.

This is what he said here:

My client is not averse to peace. Remember that his strategy is that of non-violence. Non-violence is synonymous to peace. Personally, I have also preached peaceful settlement of this issue to well-meaning Nigerians.

Mynd44, this title is misleading.

36 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:28am On Dec 22, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The Op manipulated the title to give himself orgasms. There is nowhere in the write up that he said "My client is NOW open to peace and dialouge."

This makes it look like the lawyer is now begging.

This is what he said here:

Mynd44, this title is misleading.

What is misleading here? Is it becuase because it was not reported by The Trent, HopeForNigeria or the Breaking Times?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by EdCure: 11:29am On Dec 22, 2015
EternalTruths:
If you believe so, release him and watch more hurtful truth he will unleash against Nigeria.
When he returns back on air , then you will see the other facts concealed to hurt Nigeria the most cool
Kanu speaks no truth for the discerning minds.
What he does is promote ethnic hatred and war threats.
His actions are indirectly endangering the lives and properties of ibos unwittingly.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Ralphlauren(m): 11:31am On Dec 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
But we the "Zoogerians" are not ready for that! The Treason Charges Must Run its course grin

Ndi ara!!

I agree.

He must receive the reverend King treatment.

Kanu's case must reach the Supreme Court whilst he is languishing in solitary confinement at kirikiri.

This will be a very good precedent and serve as a deterrent to others.

We have enough problems dealing with boko haram, poverty, poor infrastructure, etc and one idio.t with British passport wants to start another civil war in nigeria.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

What is misleading here? Is it becuase because it was not reported by The Trent, HopeForNigeria or the Breaking Times?

Your title should be "My client is Not Averse to Peace-Nnamdi kanu's Lawyer" and not "My client is now open for Peace and Dialogue."

13 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by weyabblog: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

try to be mature sometimes it pays. been watching and believe me you seems to be a troubl maker, not good online, u dnt know who u will meet offline.

3 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by fastjett: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2015
THIS OP IS MISLEADING PEOPLE THE TOPIC AND THE CONTENT ARE TWO PARALLEL LINES WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE CREATING PROBLEMS ONLINE BECOS KNOW BODY IS SEEING THEM.

4 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:33am On Dec 22, 2015
Ralphlauren:

I agree.

He must receive the reverend King treatment.

Kanu's case must reach the Supreme Court whilst he is languishing in solitary confinement at kirikiri.

This will as a very good precedent and serve as a deterrent to others.

Uwazuruike, went thru the ordeal and learned the hard way! People don't learn from history.

5 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by gists: 11:34am On Dec 22, 2015
EdCure:

Kanu speaks no truth for the discerning minds.
What he does is promote ethnic hatred and war threats.
And because of him, igbos blocked the only bridge through which goods are taken out of (brought to) Igbo land; And to make matters worse Igbos have been needlessly killed by trigger-happy military men on Igbo soil.
Believe it or not, the fo0lishness of this Kanu man is legendary

21 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Lilyomi(f): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Peace is scarce like a tall well built man, dark, with six packs well behaved, rich, caring and faithful to a gul frm a mud hse. Na me talk am.

1 Like

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2015
fastjett:
[s]THIS OP IS MISLEADING PEOPLE THE TOPIC AND THE CONTENT ARE TWO PARALLEL LINES WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE CREATING PROBLEMS ONLINE BECOS KNOW BODY IS SEEING THEM.[/s]

Cry me a River!!

7 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Ralphlauren(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Uwazuruike, went thru the ordeal and learned the hard way! People don't learn from history.

Exactly.

Even okujwu learnt his lesson the very hard way before he died.

Same for Gani Adams. After he was dealt with severely by OBJ and Tinubu (he went into hiding for years, caught,disgraced and sent to jail to languish). Since then, he hadn't used OPC to ferment trouble or talk about any oduduwa seccession agenda.

Nigeria's prison will tame even the hardest activist.

12 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by winniz: 11:40am On Dec 22, 2015
MISLEADING HEADLINE
"According to the Sun Nnamdi Kanu's Counsel blows hot over continued detention"

So WTF did this APC clown get this joke of a headline from Cos the headline is different from the article.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2015
Nnamdi kanu @ the mercy of the zoo courts. I can't help but laugh. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

7 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by gunuvi(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2015
Who even takes the op serious again? Shior
Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:42am On Dec 22, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Your title should be "My client is Not Averse to Peace-Nnamdi kanu's Lawyer" and not "My client is now open for Peace and Dialogue."

It is just a matter of Translation and semantics!

6 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by yapapa: 11:43am On Dec 22, 2015
like seriously? lmfao
Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Armaggedon: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
[s] See excerpt from the interview he granted the Sun Newspapers.

Many Igbo leaders are interested in wading into the matter and possibly brokering  peace in this  standoff, is your client opposed to this?

As a result, if Igbo leaders are interested in taking part in the peace process, I want to assure you that my client will support it, but it has to be an intervention that must be bona fide and predicated on utmost trust and sincerity on their part. This preliminary peace process will be to lay a foundation for the bigger/comprehensive dialogue upon the release of my client.

To me, no meaningful and enduring dialogue takes place while he is still incarcerated because you cannot negotiate with a man in chains. He must be released first. Prominent Igbo leaders as Chief Chekwas Okorie, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu, Archbishop Emmanuel Chukwuma, Senator Ike Ekweremadu and others too numerous to mention, for want of space, have joined the clarion call for the release of my client. Other prominent Nigerians such as Bishop Mathew Hassan Kukah, Prof. Wale Soyinka, Alhaji Balarabe Musa have also advised that the Federal Government should toe the path of dialogue to avoid the matter getting out of hand. As for me, I will enjoin the government to play according to the rule of law and at best adopt alternative dispute strategy in the interest of Nigerians. [/s]

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/nnamdi-kanu-counsel-blows-hot-over-his-continued-detention/
Nnamdi kanu's counsel blows hot over continued detention-Daily sun
my counsel is now ready for dialogue- Nigerianist (whose other name is lie)

you are over rating Nigeria nkeneukwenu

i heard they have been forcing him to sign undertaken and renounce Biafra, this was after pple like gowon begged him to back down all to no avail.

There are pple who dont overrete Nigeria. These are pple who make change.

The kanu guy has got them by the balls. if they continue to detain him illegally-trouble! If they kill him-bigger trouble! If they release him-biggest trouble! grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

It is just a matter of Translation and semantics!

Your translation is very sentimental knowing the kind of man you are. Use the semantics already used in the source of your news. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2015
Armaggedon:
Nnamdi kanu's counsel blows hot over continued detention-Daily sun
my counsel is now ready for dialogue- Nigerianist (whose other name is lie)

you are over rating Nigeria nkeneukwenu

His title is misleading I tell you and that is why I am calling him out.

ngeneukwenu is not a straight forward man at all.

2 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2015
winniz:
MISLEADING HEADLINE
"According to the sun Nnamdi Kanu's Counsel blows hot over continued detention"

So WTF did this APC clown get this joke of a headline from Cos the headline is different from the article.

Gbam!!!!
Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by bugzbunny: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Ndi ara!!
Actually u are d onye ara

Cos biafra can come through dialogue
We want only peace...no war

2 Likes

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by EdCure: 11:47am On Dec 22, 2015
gists:

And because of him, igbos blocked the only bridge through which goods are taken out of (brought to) Igbo land; And to make matters worse Igbos have been needlessly killed by trigger-happy military men on Igbo soil.
Believe it or not, the fo0lishness of this Kanu man is legendary
The foolishness is on the herd of hypnotised masses that fail to realise when their fellow human is leading them to more hurts and loses.

I have always said this (and it's not an insult): The gullibility of some ibos lends credence to the fact that they are readily available for use by just anybody.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG by onomeasike: 11:53am On Dec 22, 2015
I almost believed the lawyer until I remember that Kanu Nnamdi directed igbos to kill other Nigerians and requested for funds to buy arms to kill Nigerians.
It's a ploy to get him out on appeal to emotions. I wonder what kind of negotiations to have with him. He is just a greedy private citizen who couldn't reject the bribe PDP gave him to give the present government problem. If the FG negotiates with him they should be ready to negotiate with 200 million other Nigerians.His videos of hate preach against other Nigerian ethnic groups are all over the internet. His video requesting for funds to procure arms to fight the government is still online and live evidence that he was never a person of peace. His prosecution should go as far as the supreme court to serve as a deterrent.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Congratulates Buhari, Urges Nigerians To Live In Harmony / We Made No Request To Buy Sniffer Dogs In 2023 Budget - NDLEA / INEC Decentralises PVC Collection To Ward Level From Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.